420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By BoBrown14

I'm looking into this set up as a mate reckons quicker growth could u tell me bit bout autopot do you get bigger yield?
Yeah they work great. Yields are decent enough.. I grow large plants. I've grown with and without. I dont use them for yields more for convenience than anything. I don't have to water every day which is a beautiful thing.

How does the automatic watering work? Can I assume they are constantly moist, i.e. no wet/dry cycle for them?

And, if so, do you not see benefit in letting them dry out between waterings?
There's a bottom tray with a float system. Plant drinks up water the float drops and the water tray stays full of water. Water flows via gravity. I have the reservoir about 6-10" off the floor.

The surface of the soil gets dry. There are about 1-2" of clay balls in the bottom of the container otherwise the soil would become anaerobic. The roots are able to adsorb the water thru capillary action. Clay balls are in the water the soil is in contact with the clay balls. That's it. The soil is damp all the way up to about 1" of the top of the soil is dry.

First time I used this I was really amazed how much water full grown flowering plants require. Much more than what I was hand watering. Some plants can drink ~2 gallons per day going down the stretch. You cant hand water that much water very easily. You would need to water 2x a day at that rate. That becomes full time work.

We can see the plants taking off now.

I've increased the lighting to 100% - plants on the floor MarsHydro lamp pinned to the ceiling. Full moon is today. Strawberry moon.

I usually harvest and flip to flower on the full moon cycle. So I'm thinking hard about flipping to 11/13 lighting tonight. Not sure yet. Have to take a look see.

Seriously putting on a clinic here B.B. what number is the tall stretchy girl in the back there?

Lookin like you’ve got 3 phenos like Beez.
Tall plant in another variety I put in there for S & G.

She's going to the big girl room once I harvest. I thought I could get 6 plants in there but looks like the GSC from WeedSeed express are going to be big bushes.

5 plants in that MarsHydro 5x5 is going to be busy I'm thinking specially if I wait any longer to flip.

Now thinking about adding in some GeoFlora flower as a top dress to give the girls a boost going into flower. I usually just add 1 tbs per container and scratch in but I gotta check the schedule and amount to follow the instructions.

I'm not good at following instruction. I like to do my thing.

So the automatic watering is only in flower?

And, 11/13? What's your reasoning on the extra dark hour?
If I went automated watering from the beginning of VEG the plants get too big they are already getting large and I'm only in 4gal pots. Trying to get a good mix if height and branching.

You will see soon enough how large the plants get with unlimited water.

11/13 is how the Hawaiians do it.

Actually it produces a faster finish time due to PGR's in the plant that promotes finish and ripening is my guess.

Here's the ladies today. #3 got the GeoFlora VEG amendment about a week ago and she's looking perfect now.

Here's the crew. Minus the visitor that is now in flower.

Group - #1 thru #5

20210627_130213.jpg

20210627_130201.jpg

20210627_130148.jpg

20210627_130139.jpg

20210627_130132.jpg

20210627_130121.jpg

They look amazing! I’ve been very close to pulling the trigger before on auto pots due to the convenience, looks like you got them dialed in!

Am I right in saying you’ll be using Geoflora amendments to feed them?

This was a fresh soil mix I made so the soil is already good. I did mix in some older soil with the new on #3. That plant I added a few TBS of Geoflora VEG about 10 days ago and she's completely back in the groove.

I will add some GeoFlora Flower @ 1/4 to 1/2 strength right before flip to flower. Not a lot like 2 - 4 tbs per container @ 4gal.

GSC grow pics.
Added in some @GeoFlora Nutrients VEG to the front row #3 #4 & #5.

#4 is getting a little pale for my liking. They probably need more soil. I dont have room for them to get any larger.

They going to be some large bushes. I've only cleaned out the front 3 down low and only a little bit. No topping these plants dont need any training.

I like to grow strains I've never grown before naturally so I know what they grow like before I do any possible training.

Some breeders will select for bushes that grow well in a scrog.

This seems to be the case here.

I will clear out the underneath growth and get them ready to flip to flower.

Here's the girls.

#1 thru #5 and group

Bushes

20210629_113538.jpg

20210629_113534.jpg

20210629_113526.jpg

20210629_113522.jpg

20210629_113516.jpg

20210629_113506.jpg

Good afternoon, bo.

How old are your girls now?

I wish all my grows went this un-eventful.
Water and wait :high-five: what’s not to like?!

The more this comparative project progresses, it seems to me this will be the stand-out result. Genetics that grow in a vast array of conditions (very difficult to kill) and the simplest regime since LOS.

Too easy.
Plants are looking great, Bob.

U got some nice lookin plants there,
I like how u let them grow naturally :circle-of-love:

Back
Top Bottom