420's Bettybud - The Widow - Indoor Grow - 2014

Re: 420's Bettybud-The Widow-Indoor grow-2014

You can shorten your veg period which would effect yield. Shortening your flower period would effect yield as well as quality. Get yourself a 30 or 60x jewelers loupe. During flowering start watching your trichomes. They start out clear (hardly no thc yet) then turn cloudy, and eventually amber. This is how you tell when its time to harvest. Mostly cloudy trichomes will produce more of a energetic "head high", while amber trichomes will be more of a narcotic, straight up couch lock high. Harvesting when you have a good mix of cloudy/amber trichs is what your looking for.

something like this?

41soAf1cuIL.jpg

thanks again for your input here, great help!

something like this?

41soAf1cuIL.jpg

thanks again for your input here, great help!
Thats it! :high-five: They make all different ones that would work, even mini microscopes that attach to your iphone. The one you found is the cheapest and easiest way to go. Just make sure the one you get has a big eyepiece which it looks like that one has.

Great that's the jewelers loupe ordered. Also convinced myself to buy a cloning kit!

please advise if anything here doesn't look good. Also has anyone tried the bio bizz top max? i've already bought the other bio bizz products, do i need this too?

81fIzeNxwCL_SL1500_.jpg

So we've planted 3 more seeds, the missus is trying to prove that i don't need a grow tent.. her plant is now sitting in MG soil and on the window sill whilst mine are already in the grow tent in Bio Bizz light mix same as the older seedling.

Typically her seed was first to pop through and only one of mine from the tent has come through, although her seed was marked PA (Purple Arrow?) so a completely different strain.

Growing in the window can be done. Plants tend to stretch allot more because they don't receive the direct light like if they are outside or under artificial lights. (the plant always seems to be stretching, searching for more light) If the window plant makes it, it may yield approx 1/4 oz. compared to your 3,4,5 etc. oz from your tent. You win!:rofl:

Sounds like she's gonna be laughing at me until the plant stretches too far and snaps! :cheesygrinsmiley: shame she's wasting a seed though.. but hey it's good to get her interested, actually this grow didn't start off too well, when she saw the grow tent and all the kit etc she told me to take it down straight away!

I found this very interesting documentary online and told her to watch it, and now she's a fellow grower :allgood:

Yea, windburn usually shows as the edges of the leaf looking gnarled or slightly twisted. I like to keep the fan so it just barley bounces the leaves but not directly blowing on the plants. (just enough so you can tell that there's air movement) This is what will help them get strong healthy stems also. Doesn't look too bad yet, and as the leaves get bigger they can handle a bit more.

OK update time! Day 15 for the older plant.

IMG_29775.JPG

IMG_29767.JPG

IMG_29756.JPG

IMG_29747.JPG

IMG_29736.JPG

I'm a little worried that something isn't right with my soil (hopefully you can see from my pics) little white possibly some sort of mould? sure it wasn't there before..

I've had to rescue my girlfriends plant from growing on the window sill, it was just stretching and ready to snap so all 4 plants are now in the tent, hopefully i can fix hers :goodluck:

Anything else that doesn't look right please let me know! :thanks:

Possibly the start of some white fungus growth but its hard to tell from the pics. Just make sure your letting them dry out between waterings and check that your fan is still lightly reaching the plants. Top your pots off with some fresh soil. Whats your humidity level at? Anything over 30-50% may also cause this. As for the window plant, I would transplant it into something bigger and bury the stem a bit. It should bounce back and be fine. :goodjob:

I'm still waiting for some kit to arrive that I ordered from amazon, I haven't even got a thermometer in there yet and still waiting for humidity meter also. The only thing that i've recently changed is putting an ice cream tub in the tent with a towel and drenching it quite often. My soil seems to dry out very fast and looks like my plants need water almost everyday! outside room temp has fluctuated between 20-28C, I think it's too hot for them? wish I had gone to the shop for my bits now instead of trying to save cash :headbanger:

Ok so a few bits arrived today including thermometer/humidity meter and my moisture/PH tester.

Sooooooo, took a couple of readings. Before lights on 21.6 degrees with 52% humidity, 2 hours into lights on 31.6 degrees and 29% humidity! So big difference!

I've got an old ice cream tub that i occasionally fill with water and a towel as this is supposed to be good for controlling humidity. Please can someone explain where i'm going wrong? :helpsmilie:

Your humidity shouldn't be a problem (as long as you stay between 30-50%). Your temps don't seem that bad either (had to look up conversion for the metric system):rofl: I wouldn't let them go much higher though. Overall your little ones look healthy (well, all except the window warrior). Stick your finger 1 or 2 inches into the soil and unless it feels bone dry, don't water! I will see if I can get "the master" :Namaste: to come take a look at your thread.

Ah to the rescue once again! :high-five:

I thought I should upload some more pics as i've had more problems, i've had to order a smaller fan as today my other 2 seedlings fell over! :bitingnails: thinking about removing it completely and waiting for the new one to arrive, but this will mean temps will go even higher!

IMG_29884.JPG

IMG_29897.JPG

IMG_29915.JPG

Mixed up some nutes last night, 2ml to 1 liter of water. The older plant seems to be growing very well but the leaves don't look healthy.

I did some reading last night and apparently a fan can suck the moisture out of a plant so I really do think this is one of my biggest problems, that'll be fixed when the smaller fan arrives. So about temperature, i've had the door zip slightly open to reduce temps but i'm now thinking to just leave the door wide open, not sure what else to do really. It's now day 19 for my bigger plant and day 12 for the younger ones.

Can you set your fan on top of something so its blowing over the canopy and not directly on the plants? Or angle it straight up towards your light maybe? I don't see any discoloration in the older plant, only droopy looking which still makes me think its an over watering issue. The younger ones do look a bit wind burnt. Hopefully the professor will be here soon because he has ALLOT more knowledge than i do.

Back
Top Bottom