420's Bettybud - The Widow - Indoor Grow - 2014

Re: 420's Bettybud-The Widow-Indoor grow-2014

Thank you for the invite Pittbull72. Sorry I am late getting here. Your setup is nice. My 2 cents on your grow right now is Transplant your stretched plants and put the plants deeper in new pots to cover the long stems. Some of them if you don't you should put a stick in soil and lightly tie to support. Get the light down close to plants asap to stop stretch. I wish you the best.Keep it green

betty i did a quick read through so if i missed something my bad...

a few things that might help...

if u can get ur hand on coconut husk and put a thin layer ontop so the soil doesnt dry out.. it also has good stuff in it for the plant... but read what kind u find some might have salt that need to be washed out...

i had mold on my soil on top it was green.. all i did is scrub it off lightly... but its normal not to bad.. atleast the green was... and yeah just let it dry out...

like co finest said.. put a stick in there hold it up.. some other things since it so long.. the ones that stand on their own.. bend them and twirl them.. put between fingers and turn just lightly.. i did it with mine cause it stretched abit and now its so fucking thick.. itll thicken it up.. like breaking some threads inside but causing it to get thicker....

for moister just have a cup of water in there or even soaked paper.. like a humidifier for cigars.. itll keep it moist

might be able to top the big one soon.. something i am noticing is.. when u top and play with it.. i feel u delay the time to get product but itll give u more in the end...

p.s. i learned that if u got good soil watch out on over feeding.. the seed has around 2 weeks of nuts for the plant and good soil means u got more time before its necessary... but im still learning.. just something i notice... alot people getting early nut burn...

Some great advice here guys, sorry for the late response. i've listened to everything that's been said and made some changes.. Day 21 for the older plant.

IMG_29998.JPG

IMG_29988.JPG

IMG_29963.JPG

So as you can see from the photos all plants have been repotted, I decided to put them all straight into big pots as I had read somewhere that too much repotting can cause stress to the plant. Also buried all stems a little. New smaller fan put into the grow tent, I plan to tie this up so that it can be lifted as the plants grow. I will now be making sure everyday that water is in the tub as it appears to be helping with humidity. I've also tried to setup all the plants so that they are roughly 12 inches from the light.

I mentioned before that I have started using nutes on the older plant as it's now in its 3rd week, the others are still a week behind so not quite ready.

Oh and about the coco husk.. went to my local hydroponics store and they didn't know anything about it, will have to look into this, maybe it's got another name here in England.

Thanks again for all the help, if any of you ever come to England and i have a succesful crop then you get a free :bong:

i did some mainlining (only 4 tops) and might scrog as well... which is why i mentioned before that it can delay the end result..

thats what im trying out

i found out about the husk after i started my grow... so i mixed it in when i transplanted... i dont have a setup for hydro but i liked what i read about it. just a quick link...
Coconut Fiber Grows Dank Marijuana | Medical Marijuana Advisor

i think u can even do more to it then just top and lst... some people super crop.. im to new to do that...want to just get some buds first...... and fiming is also something people do...

LST is as it says least stress so it doesnt shock the plant.. add topping or any other and ur starting delays.....dont be nervous about playing with it.. they need abit of a rough hand to get tough....

p.s. topping after third node no earlier.....

have fun

ok so my first thought is u can possibly cut it around the 3rd or 4th node and even get a clone going...since its so high...depends on u...when u put her into flower she will grow 2 to 3 times the height....

where u will top it the two offshoot branches will turn into the main branches so keep in mind that if u top low u already have big offshoots...quicker time to recover i think...

the husk..second looks amazing... to rich for my blood for now atleast... the first im thinking works but the pic with the frog it looks way to chunky....mights just be the image they picked.......the idea is fibers...

i got my husk from ikea lol.... i was getting curtains and so husk in the plants area for like 2 euros and said fuck yeah!!

i wouldnt pinch any lower leaves yet....itll help stabilize....but ull need to look into lollipoping once it gets big...

and watch out with putting metal in the dirt...iv seen some journals with problems cause the metal rusted and caused serious problems....

the bending will come after top...since its not so big.... u dont need to worry about it...overall idea is that everything gets light....

im about a month ahead of u so i dont have to much experience... as i do u should look out for pros... i just read alot but i have made silly mistakes..... i started with tin foil on my walls...luckly it didnt cause problems...

and the smell....o yeah...every time a pinch a leaf first thing i do is smell my fingers...

Since your on a schedule (so to speak) meaning you have a date that you need these plants gone by, I would stick to topping it right at the last node. (Making her look like this---> Y It will start to grow 2 new tops there and in a few weeks you can tie them over to spread them out. Then you can bend others here and there as needed during the stretch. Just remember that the point of any LST is to get more light to bud sites. You'll get the idea of how they react and grow, and next grow when you have more time you can really go nuts with it.:goodjob:

im using simple fish test kit..... as long u can keep the ph in that range as pitbull said u should be fine

different things dissolve in different ranges....iv read its good to not always have it at the same ph..one day higher the next time lower....

post-6-0-50746500-1402531376.gif

Ordered the PH up today, should arrive very soon with Amazon. A little strange how most of the plants have been grown the same way but they're all responding differently.. the bigger plant has some leaves curling down, my younger WW has leaves curling up with some yellow at the end and the other WW appears very healthy. The other plant marked PA also appears to be catching up after a bad start. i'm really hoping that getting a grip of PH levels should help with these issues.

I clearly have much to learn here but i'm really enjoying growing. I've even ordered some autoflower seeds and i'm considering a guerilla grow! but i'll leave that for another diary if I get started.

hey pilot, thanks for dropping in! feel free to tag along, more advice/ideas much welcomed! :welcome:

all i can say, because I have no idea, Is your picture of your plants is so confusing to me. Its all over the place. You have leave drooping, curling and even tightening up. I have no Idea! you could either be the poster child of what not to do or the grow of the month.

Again, sorry I cannot help, You just sent me on a google tour. I wish you luck and hope to help when I can.

Back
Top Bottom