A Low Budget Micro TLA Grow - With Added LED - Two Cream Caramel Photo Period

On the website I went to that distributes bugs of exactly the same name in my corner of the world, there are 2 actually, sold as a combi pack, it wasn’t clear about them dying when the banquet was finished, it said they then moved onto any pollen, as they are predominantly used in commercial greenhouses this is seldom a problem,(?)

I am not sure if it acts below the medium but Thrips are leaf dwellers and the Girls are in hydro so not sure if it matters.

damn bugs!! i have had much luck in only getting spider mites twice briefly, neem oil extract did the trick, and i always use sns drench so my girls are not viewed as food to passerby scouts, neem is effective for many critters, good luck you'll get them theres also those hot shot no pest strips that use vapor i have not seen a bug since starting hi-brix methods another way plants are unappealing to the little teeth

Thrips are so unpleasant to look at! Mobile teeth and stomach destroying the Beautiful plants!

First experience of bugs, thankfully, I am sure it is due to the lack of very basic preventative measures by ME!

On the website I went to that distributes bugs of exactly the same name in my corner of the world, there are 2 actually, sold as a combi pack, it wasn’t clear about them dying when the banquet was finished, it said they then moved onto any pollen, as they are predominantly used in commercial greenhouses this is seldom a problem,(?)

I am not sure if it acts below the medium but Thrips are leaf dwellers and the Girls are in hydro so not sure if it matters.

When there is no food source left, Thrips or Pollen then they will die off, as they will starve. As they do not eat plant.

Ah OK i forgot you were using hydro.

Hope it helps fella

I am now in a quandary, I was planning on harvesting on Saturday, which will be 56 days in flower, as the Thrips have had an absolute field day on the Girls, they have colonised the Sacrificial Parsley and all but killed it and the Thrips predator Mites have not been delivered, I rang the supplier on Tuesday, the expected delivery day, and they could not confirm when they could be delivered, so I cancelled and got a full refund, I have continued to spray with the Rosemary based foliar spray and the new growth appears unaffected.

5_2_14_CC_Bud.jpg

I have all the ‘stuff’ for washing the harvest, except lemon juice, as I am sure the buds will be covered in Thrips’ manure and I really don’t want to smoke THAT, but having seen lovely new juicy white pistils appearing I am now unsure. It is half-term in a couple of weeks, when I have Young and Old relatives visit, and I need to get everything done and hidden before they arrive, I also have plants ready to go in the grow-room, well, there is not enough space to leave them where they are for another couple of weeks.

5_2_14_canopy.jpg

So, when to Harvest?

5_2_14_sideview.jpg

:tokin:

Sounds like a good question. I'm really sorry you had to deal with this, Aja. I sure hope I can avoid the bugs this run.

I figure bugs are something that every grower deals with at one point or another.

I do hope you can salvage as much as possible. I'm completely clueless about them, so I have no advice whatsoever. I can only wish you good luck, but I definitely empathize with your situation.

Thanks for sharing your grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

In the future, whenever you complete a journal, please use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post, so we can be alerted to move it for you.

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom