Aberration Goes Ker Bloom! - Perpetual

Have fun in life bud. Summer is fun but short lol.

well it looks like his summer is about to get alot better.

hey abberration nice looking buds you got there. and i always love using the trimmings and popcorn nugs to make bubble hash
good thinking on that one:thumb

wish i caught this grow sooner but better catch during harvest pics then never right?

smoke on:roorrip:

Whoa! 20 days with not a post from me. Sorry folks. Mid September I'll be able to get back into the swing of regular updates, but late September will break it up again. :(

But then my time is mine again, and I'll be on it.

All the plants are great. I've got 12 bloomers going full time now and the garden is really jumpin'!

:peace:

I sure hope you are enjoying your time Abe! We all have things that pull us away now and again.
Good to hear your garden is still going strong and can't wait for the updates!

Take care and :peace:

I sure hope you are enjoying your time Abe! We all have things that pull us away now and again.
Good to hear your garden is still going strong and can't wait for the updates!

Take care and :peace:

Hey Abs, how ya doin bro? I have another journal I would like you to check out. I'm trying to outdo that darkstar project and I think it looks really good so far.

DIY Vertical Tube Challenges The Aeroflo 96 - The Goal Is In The Yeild

Thanks for checking in on me guys. I have some sad news however. It looks like I'm going to be shutting down my grow entirely. :(

I hate to do it, but I think I should. Growing weed has been like a second job - I have grown very tired and my wife misses me. Besides, it's really quite expensive. It costs me about $1,100 per month to maintain all this when you factor in electricity, and all the nutes and other stuff. And since I do not and never have sold my product, that has been coming out of my day job paycheck. I could probably scale back and reduce the costs, but I've lost the enthusiasm as well. And that last bit is the real issue I guess. It's why the updates slowed here. It just feels like work now and that's no good.

It's been a great run for 3 1/2 years. I've learned how to grow some really first-rate ganja. I won't be getting rid of the expensive bits of equipment, so I can always start up again later if I want. In the meantime I can give my card to another grower and continue to use cannabis medically.

I'll not likely be posting much if at all after this. I will check the thread and my PMs for a month or so however, in case anyone wants to say anything. Maybe I'll start up again in a year or so. If I do I'll be sure to journal it here on 420magazine.com.

I wish all of you that have posted in my journal the best. Some of you have been really great to me. Thank you. And thanks also to everyone else here at 420magazine.com. It has been a wonderful place to share this passion. Keep it green.

Namaste.

Sad day :(

What an epic story the past 3 years have been though. All we can do is hope this thread is around for years to come so others can benefit from it just as much as I have.

ggs Abb and I hope to see you sooner than later :)

i wish you all the best in everything you do mate, im sure you will grow again in the future, it sounds like its become more of a chore than a hobby, so give it time then im sure you will start growing a plant again, even if you scale it back and grow a couple of plants, im sure you can get the costs way down, i struggle but i dont spend anywhere near as much as you have been spending, but im not growing as much as you have been, but i got to agree it does take time and this site can keep you busy all day, i check in on loads of journals and it takes me a whole day to do if ive been off here for over 24 hours, so i can agree with your wife that it does take a lot of time tending plants and keeping a journal updated and following other journals,

but im sure after a break you will be back, just give us a shout when you get back no matter how long it takes, just scale it down and make it a hobby again instead of a full time job, cut the numbers down and turn it back into a hobby and not a full time job, my plant numbers are getting high and it takes time to keep everything in the right place and move plants around etc etc,

look after yourself mate and im sure ill see you around here again in the future

Thanks, guys. Really.

I'm down to a couple of Blue Dream plants that harvest this weekend, and some drying Grape Kool-Aid that should be ready to separate from the stems and go into drying tubs tomorrow. I trucked away the last of the veg earlier tonight. I've even started to dismantle some stuff. It all comes down eventually and the rooms will be used for other things for a while.

I will be back though. No doubt about it.

With the depth of detail Ab has shared over this long running grow, I must first explain what has lead me here, three years and seven months since it began.

I live in the UK and have been smoking cannabis for 6 years. In that time I have witnessed many 'grows'.

My own desire to grow has increased as the cost has spiraled, and public perception is changing.

I have intensively researched FLIR cameras on helicopters, stealth grows, tents, CFL vs HID, autoflowers, fads or old school; I have read a lot.

eventually, I found this thread.

I read 145 pages in 5 days.

Sir, I have felt part of your life for those 5 days, and it was brilliant. Thank you for this remarkable level of commitment to both the grow and blog.

Growing the magic herb is apparently an obsession for me now, sooooo...

My new grow will be much smaller. Right now I'm thinking two plants in bloom at a time, and then the minimum numbers in veg to keep it all going, probably in Super Soil. The bloom room has now been put to a different use and that will not likely change for some time. The veg room has turned into a smoking lounge/hobby room. So I'll probably build a bloom tent with one (maybe two) 600W HPS in the hobby area and put a little veg table next to it. Atmospherics will be fine - I'll just ventilate the tent and take advantage of the AC/dehumidifier still in the room. If I decide I need CO2, I can just contain it within the room. At usage levels it won't hurt to breathe it and veg will just grow better anyway. A setup like that should be fairly low-maintenance compared to what I'm used to.

It really gets under your skin, doesn't it? Growing, I mean.. :)

Back
Top Bottom