Adora's Blueberry Summer Grow

Adora

Grow Space: 3x3' black box tent
Lights: 1500w COB LED (true draw 250w)
Indoor or Outdoor? Indoor
Medium: Promix HP
Nutrients: Dry organic veg (4-4-4) and bloom (2-8-4) fertilizer, calmag + iron (2-0-0), liquid seaweed (2-2-7)
Pots: haven't decided yet

I will be growing a Blueberry. She will be started in a 3x3' tent under a 1500w COB LED. This is an indoor grow using dry organic nutrients in Promix HP.

Here is the strain info:
Blueberry Strain Info final.png
Blueberry Strain Info.PNG

I can attest that it does have a long shelf life. I'm currently smoking the last few nugs of a Blueberry that was jarred July, 2021. This has been my go-to happy/giggly strain, so I'm eager to grow more. My last Blueberry plant smelled delicious like a skunky, berry roadkill cereal. I hope this one smells the same. Here's a few pictures from the last grow:
20220404_182124.jpg

20220404_175916Fix.jpeg

20220404_182331.jpg

So here we go. This girl was planted on Saturday and popped her head up yesterday morning. She had a helmet head but it's been resolved.
Hello :)
20220404_114140.jpg

Here she is this morning:
20220405_131943.jpg
20220405_131845.jpg

:bong::thanks:

Omg I love your name and pic :)

And I love the look of this journal!!

Welcome to 420! Please please PLEASE be a girl!

(Not that there’s anything wrong with boys but they’re a dime a dozen in this place)

Welcome to 420, Adora:welcome:
Great journal intro!
Not that there’s anything wrong with boys but they’re a dime a dozen in this place)
Hey- we're up to 13.7cents a dozen now, what with inflation and all .. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Hi @Adora welcome to the forum:welcome:. Mind if I tag along and watch the blueberry show?:yummy:

Great journal intro!

Hey- we're up to 13.7cents a dozen now, what with inflation and all .. :cheesygrinsmiley:
L O L L I N G !

After I posted it I thought, I hope this doesn’t turn into a Male Lives Matter debate.

And I agree. Super journal into :)

Omg I love your name and pic :)

And I love the look of this journal!!

Welcome to 420! Please please PLEASE be a girl!

(Not that there’s anything wrong with boys but they’re a dime a dozen in this place)
Thanks! :D Welcome to my journal Trala.
Yes, I'm a girl. Well, a lady actually... Girl power!:cheesygrinsmiley:

Great journal intro!

Thanks Carcass! :welcome: to my grow journal.
Hi @Adora welcome to the forum:welcome:. Mind if I tag along and watch the blueberry show?:yummy:
:welcome: LKABudMan! Of course you can tag along, the more the merrier :)

Confession... I've collected a hoard of fungus gnats over the last year. At one point they were completely taking over. The only things that have worked to keep the gnat population (mostly) under control (for now) have been sticky traps, mosquito dunks, and waiting an extra day or two or three before watering. I just ordered more sticky traps and dunks for this grow and another grow I'm starting in a few weeks.

At one point the infestation was so bad I watched gnat larvae eat a new baby sprout. At first I thought it was just normal damping off until I noticed movement inside the stem. I almost had a heart attack. The stem had become translucent I could see larvae squirming around inside. They'd eaten through the baby root, crawled up the stem, and were eating the stem and cotyledons from the inside out. I was horrified...I didn't even think that could happen. I now keep my sprouts in freezer bags until they have their first true set of leaves.

Same thing for clones. I've watched gnat maggots climb up onto the buds of my monstercropped clones and turn them into rot and mush. So I keep them in freezer bags as well until they have visible healthy roots.

Blueberry has already attracted the attention of a few gnats. She has not been watered yet (the wetness is from misting her to get her helmet head off). Today is Day 3 for her.

20220406_145053.jpg

20220406_145100.jpg

20220406_145429.jpg

I can see she already has a root at the bottom of the cup.
20220406_145445.jpg

20220406_145556.jpg

Cute!

She is currently sharing the tent with a few monstercropped clones and a reversed auto that is finishing up for seeds. They'll be staying off to the side of the tent but will not be a part of anything.
20220406_145215.jpg
20220406_145136.jpg

I know the houseplants are a place for gnats to hide, but they make me happy and they need the light :)
And that's all. :thanks:for reading!

Hi, hello, welcome and all that good stuff. Nice start to a journal that blue berry looked good...nice job :high-five:. And I see you already have a crew to help if needed. If ok I'ma be in and out.

Confession... I've collected a hoard of fungus gnats over the last year. At one point they were completely taking over. The only things that have worked to keep the gnat population (mostly) under control (for now) have been sticky traps, mosquito dunks, and waiting an extra day or two or three before watering. I just ordered more sticky traps and dunks for this grow and another grow I'm starting in a few weeks.

At one point the infestation was so bad I watched gnat larvae eat a new baby sprout. At first I thought it was just normal damping off until I noticed movement inside the stem. I almost had a heart attack. The stem had become translucent I could see larvae squirming around inside. They'd eaten through the baby root, crawled up the stem, and were eating the stem and cotyledons from the inside out. I was horrified...I didn't even think that could happen. I now keep my sprouts in freezer bags until they have their first true set of leaves.

Same thing for clones. I've watched gnat maggots climb up onto the buds of my monstercropped clones and turn them into rot and mush. So I keep them in freezer bags as well until they have visible healthy roots.

Blueberry has already attracted the attention of a few gnats. She has not been watered yet (the wetness is from misting her to get her helmet head off). Today is Day 3 for her.

I can see she already has a root at the bottom of the cup.

Cute!

She is currently sharing the tent with a few monstercropped clones and a reversed auto that is finishing up for seeds. They'll be staying off to the side of the tent but will not be a part of anything.

I know the houseplants are a place for gnats to hide, but they make me happy and they need the light :)
And that's all. :thanks:for reading!
Hi Adora

I live in a tropical climate and have been hit hard with Spider Mites. I mixed up treatments and these potions really saved my harvest:-

034A14A6-7C26-43C5-85A4-E37FA29BB254.jpeg

But for me the best treatment has been to start a fresh with brand new seeds and fresh dirt. Actually I use fresh dirt every grow. The game changer for me was new seeds. These next generation of seeds I have growing don’t have one mite. And they really are looking beautiful. I didn’t realise I could grow without mites.

I’m excited to watch your grow. While there aren’t as many female growers, from what I’ve seen the girls in here grow like bosses. Welcome abroad.

#girlpower

Hi, hello, welcome and all that good stuff. Nice start to a journal that blue berry looked good...nice job :high-five:. And I see you already have a crew to help if needed. If ok I'ma be in and out.
Thanks @HappyHazmat88 :D glad to have you following along, I'll likely mess things up and need help soon enough lol

Hi Adora

I live in a tropical climate and have been hit hard with Spider Mites. I mixed up treatments and these potions really saved my harvest:-

034A14A6-7C26-43C5-85A4-E37FA29BB254.jpeg

But for me the best treatment has been to start a fresh with brand new seeds and fresh dirt. Actually I use fresh dirt every grow. The game changer for me was new seeds. These next generation of seeds I have growing don’t have one mite. And they really are looking beautiful. I didn’t realise I could grow without mites.

I’m excited to watch your grow. While there aren’t as many female growers, from what I’ve seen the girls in here grow like bosses. Welcome abroad.

#girlpower
Thank you Trala, I've been looking into some of those things on your list. Since the gnat larvae live in the soil I've been looking at soil drenches or things I can add when I water, like the rosemary and peppermint on your list. That 100 mL of rosemary oil, what kind of rosemary oil is it? The stuff I've been looking at is around $15 for 30 mL which seems hella expensive :straightface:
I've tried adding neem oil as a soil drench, but I couldn't stomach it. At least the rosemary/peppermint will smell nice.

(Edit: I should add I'm in Canada, which seems to limit the products I can find)

Thanks @HappyHazmat88 :D glad to have you following along, I'll likely mess things up and need help soon enough lol

Thank you Trala, I've been looking into some of those things on your list. Since the gnat larvae live in the soil I've been looking at soil drenches or things I can add when I water, like the rosemary and peppermint on your list. That 100 mL of rosemary oil, what kind of rosemary oil is it? The stuff I've been looking at is around $15 for 30 mL which seems hella expensive :straightface:
I've tried adding neem oil as a soil drench, but I couldn't stomach it. At least the rosemary/peppermint will smell nice.

(Edit: I should add I'm in Canada, which seems to limit the products I can find)
Yeah I have neem oil.

I haven’t used it. I need to find the mix actually.

I bought my oil on eBay.

4AA7D714-1772-43A4-84E5-D60EB80670E4.jpeg

:welcome: to 420 Magazine, Adora.

Blueberry ✔︎
Girl/Woman ✔︎
Canadian ✔︎

I'm in. I'm Canadian, too. :battingeyelashes:

And, I totally agree with this statement:

I'm currently smoking the last few nugs of a Blueberry that was jarred July, 2021. This has been my go-to happy/giggly strain, so I'm eager to grow more.

I grew a Blueberry auto last year and really loved how happy it made me feel so I'm planning on growing 2 photoperiod Blueberries this year because we all need a strain that makes us feel happy.

She looks really beautiful.

I used those sticky things, but my lizards, well not “my”. The lizards who squat at my place kept getting stuck to them chasing dinner. Final straw was having to euthanise one. I’d rather have spider mites than a lizard killer.

Sunday update (Day 7). The gnats have mostly left her alone. There's only four gnat bods stuck in her traps (one is on the underside) since April 4. I'm not seeing any larvae.

I can still see condensation in the bottom of the cup so I haven't watered her. Maybe tomorrow. She has a jug of mosquito dunked up water waiting for her.

She had been sitting 42" away from the light (the manufacturer recommends 24-42"). Today I moved her up to 40" where Photone is reading 4200 lux. I'm going to keep inching her up.
20220410_214026.jpg

20220410_214208.jpg

20220410_214223.jpg

20220410_223822.jpg

Queen of the castle
20220410_214415.jpg

She looks really beautiful.

I used those sticky things, but my lizards, well not “my”. The lizards who squat at my place kept getting stuck to them chasing dinner. Final straw was having to euthanise one. I’d rather have spider mites than a lizard killer.
:eek: poor little guy. He is in lizard heaven now.

Luckily my traps have only caught bugs although occasionally my dog will get them stuck to his face.

I do worry about the Blueberry getting stuck and breaking her. My thoughts were that if her stem did get stuck and break, I'd just stick her in some water...:cheesygrinsmiley:

:welcome: to 420 Magazine, Adora.

Blueberry ✔︎
Girl/Woman ✔︎
Canadian ✔︎

I'm in. I'm Canadian, too. :battingeyelashes:

And, I totally agree with this statement:

I grew a Blueberry auto last year and really loved how happy it made me feel so I'm planning on growing 2 photoperiod Blueberries this year because we all need a strain that makes us feel happy.
Welcome to my journal @HashGirl :) I'm happy you're here!:green_heart:

Have you grown the photoperiod Blueberry before? If so, how did you find the high from the Blueberry auto compared to the photo? (If not, I'll ask again in a few months;))

Welcome to my journal @HashGirl :) I'm happy you're here!:green_heart:

Have you grown the photoperiod Blueberry before? If so, how did you find the high from the Blueberry auto compared to the photo? (If not, I'll ask again in a few months;))

Thank you, Adora.

No, I haven't grown the photo Blueberry yet. I'm planning on growing 2 of them this year.

The photo Blueberry seeds I bought were bred by the same breeder as the auto Blueberry seeds I grew so I'm hoping they deliver similar highs.

Back
Top Bottom