Amnesium - Former Amnesia - DWC - LED

How do you decarb it?
Me, I just put the weedz in alumium foil, all closed up, and put it in the oven at 250F for 15 minutes, but my ssh is really dry!

I spread my weed out on a cookie sheet and put it in the oven at 250F for about 20 minutes. Pretty much the same as you, but I didn't cover mine. I think the heat is the key thing.

I was hoping my vape would be doing the decarbing for me. It's a higher temp than the suggested oven temps though, I run it at 375. I saw some videos on youtube and that guy was just pouring his ABV into some homemade peanut butter cups. But he was using a puppet so I'm not sure if he is to be trusted lol :laughtwo:

Yeah it's a bit too much heat I think, but give it a try it costs you nothing! ;)

Weezze your buds are coming along great. In these cases it's "pc" to say.....may those buds get fat!

Thanks!.. what's "pc"? :hmmmm:

I spread my weed out on a cookie sheet and put it in the oven at 250F for about 20 minutes. Pretty much the same as you, but I didn't cover mine. I think the heat is the key thing.

Yes the heat is the magic trick I think! :)

Day 26 in bloom

Yeterday it was the same, I added tap water to raise the ph. But it's still pretty low.
Same thing today.
I prepared a bucket of water, tomorrow I will change the nutrients.

But it's pretty weird. She drink almost 2L in 24h, but the ph still droping and the ppm raise like if she had too much nutrients. But at 380 ppm is it really too high!??

I read on other forums, always the same thing. There were a guy with an Amnesia with the same problem, could it be a strain "problem" ?
Some people saying root rot, but the root are great.
Other thing I read that there could be too much co2 in the water because of too much air? I have 2 pumps...
I've got to find a thermometer for water, that could be a problem too.

anyway, here's a picture of today. :)

IMG_20170621_192959.jpg

My other problem is that some leaves at the top show some sign of heat. I raise the light by 0.5", but cannot go higher.
Tomorrow after I empty the bucket I will remove my plant holder, that will give me a few inches.

I got to check the height on my next grow!! 3" is too close to the light! :laugh:
For now I turn off the grow light to help with the temp. The bloom only light is VERY red!! :thedoubletake:
And I move the little fan to blow the top.

Hello Weezze, my problem is the exact opposite to yours, my ph keeps rising as the girls gulp the water. The water uptake prior to flowering was fine between res changes. Now, water gets added every day to both res'. Between changing the res with fresh nutes, all I add is ph'd water. With this grow the res change has occurred every 7 days. Hopefully soon they will stop the stretch and focus of making those buds fat. Lesson learned, keep 'em short and bushy in veg, allowing more room for the stretch in flower. Other than the heat stress you can see, from the photo you posted, that plant looks happy. Those buds are coming along. Keep it up. The journey to bliss is almost upon you.

It should be ok that the ph raise, but if it raise a lot you could raise the ppm, how is it?

A ppm meter is one toy that I have not invested in as of yet. Got alot of other toys but not that one. Yeah I know, need to go get one. But so far I have let the plants just tell me what to do as far as the nutrients go. What I have noticed and believe to be happening is that in the flower stage, the plants consume more water than nutes, therefore the ppm as well as the ph raises as they consume the water. What has been noted during the flowering stage is that when the water level decreases a small bit of nute burn is seen on the tips of the leaves. Once ph'd water has been added, nute burn does not spread. So if we look at that wonderful plant diagnosis chart that has been posted, I believe I fall under the falling rising rising portion. This says to reduce the ppm. So I just add straight ph'd water and the plants seem to respond positively. Rest assured a ppm meter will be purchased prior to my second go round.

Day 27 in bloom

This morning I changed the nutrients. I remove my plant holder, and change the bucket itself with another one shorter. Every inches count! ;)

The ph is 6.1 and the ppm 530.

I disconnected one of my air pump too.

Now there's 5.5" between the very top of the bud and the light. The website recommend between 12" and 18" distance in bloom! :rolleyes3
I should definitely check the height of my next grow!

IMG_20170622_100335.jpg

Ready to move the plant to the other bucket with the help of my cat!

IMG_20170622_094837.jpg

She smell sooo good! :)

IMG_20170622_095956.jpg

Oh yes, the aroma these babies put off is most intoxicating indeed. Your buds look great. Suggestion if I may....using a smaller bucket means less res water. Keep a close eye on your water consumption now more than before. Keep in mind during flowering these ladies will gulp the water. Continue along, looking good.

Oh yes, the aroma these babies put off is most intoxicating indeed. Your buds look great. Suggestion if I may....using a smaller bucket means less res water. Keep a close eye on your water consumption now more than before. Keep in mind during flowering these ladies will gulp the water. Continue along, looking good.

Thanks!!

The bucket is almost 2" lower, instead of using 16L, I use 15.5L! ;)

I forgot, that I use 12L of tap water and 4L of distilled water. Don't know if it will make a difference.

I went to check her, 3 hours later, and the ph is 6.4!! it raised! :)
I'll see how it goes.

Ok I think I found my problem. I bought a thermometer and the temp of the bucket was 75F!
I put an ice pack and it's now 68F.

It's been a long time since I've grown in summer, so I have to find a way to cool the water! For now it will be ice pack and frozen bottle.

When the ph raise it was mostly because of the new water which was cool.
The ph then drop to 6.1 and the ppm raised because of heat.

I guess that make sense. :geek:

Day 28 in bloom

Today the ph was low again, around 4.5 and the ppm 590.
I added tap water with half nutrients, now the ph is 6.3 and the ppm 550.

I'm pretty sure my problem is the temp of the water. I bought 2 icepacks that are freezing right now.
I will have to change it every day, 2 times a day.. not very cool. :straightface:

There's some water chiller that exist but for 300$!! It's a bit too much.
I'll see if at least daily change of the icepack will help really.

But she seems fine! :)

IMG_20170623_155118.jpg

IMG_20170623_154944.jpg

I stopped my humidifier, it's so humid today outside that it will be too much! :laugh:

Day 28 in bloom

Today the ph was low again, around 4.5 and the ppm 590.
I added tap water with half nutrients, now the ph is 6.3 and the ppm 550.

I'm pretty sure my problem is the temp of the water. I bought 2 icepacks that are freezing right now.
I will have to change it every day, 2 times a day.. not very cool. :straightface:

There's some water chiller that exist but for 300$!! It's a bit too much.
I'll see if at least daily change of the icepack will help really.

But she seems fine! :)

I stopped my humidifier, it's so humid today outside that it will be too much! :laugh:

What temp is your res currently sitting? Are you using Hydroguard? My res' run a bit warm, around 75 with the lights on, a bit less when they go out. I use GH nutes along with Hydroguard only. How do your roots look? As I have been led to believe we growers using DWC are to expect chasing the ph.

What temp is your res currently sitting? Are you using Hydroguard? My res' run a bit warm, around 75 with the lights on, a bit less when they go out. I use GH nutes along with Hydroguard only.
This morning it was around 75F.
So you have the same temp and not my problem? :hmmmm: I'll have to check this Hydroguard!!

I just read that it can help with hot temp! Now I know what to buy next! :)

This morning it was around 75F.
So you have the same temp and not my problem? :hmmmm: I'll have to check this Hydroguard!!

I just read that it can help with hot temp! Now I know what to buy next! :)

When I first started this virgin growth, my roots were not growing very fast at all and did have a slight dark tone. Immediately research was done. Root rot had not actually occurred but no chances were taken and Hydroguard was what was recommended by several growers. Once it was used, not a single problem with the roots at all. This takes your res to a living status with microbes that allow the protection of the roots and in fact allows the plant to absorb what the Hydroguard breaks down. There are other products available for the roots but this is the only supplement that I have experience with. It definitely comes with my endorsement.

Back
Top Bottom