Amnesium - Former Amnesia - DWC - LED

Day 35 in bloom

Today the ph was 7.1 and the ppm 720. Too much nutrients, there's some leaves with burns tips so I set the ph to 6.1 and the ppm to 480.
At least she stop her anorexia problem, no drop in the ph! :)

IMG_20170630_132609.jpg

Day 36 in bloom

Last night the ph was around 7 so I put some ph down to bring it to 6.
Today the ph was up again to 7.1 and the ppm increase to 520. I read that Potassium Silicate increase the ph, maybe this is my new problem? :hmmmm:

The right way should be to add it to the water, set the ph then add the nutrients. So I prepared a bucket of water, tomorrow I'll change it.

For now I set the ph to 5.5 and the ppm to 470.

IMG_20170701_104439.jpg
IMG_20170701_104337.jpg

Day 37 in bloom

Today I changed the bucket.
I added the Potassium Silicate to the water then some ph down and check the ph, 8.5 and raising! :thedoubletake:
I put a lot of nitric acid to bring it down! I set it to 5.6. I check the ppm, 275 already!!!

I added 3/8 strength of nutrients, that give a ppm of 590! I then added the Enzymes Komplete and pour it into the bucket, the foam show up but not as much has last time.

I check again the ph and it was 6.0, I put 2 drop of ph down, let's see how it goes! :dreamy:

IMG_20170702_123332.jpg

Day 38 in bloom

Today to ph was 7.7! and the ppm 685!!!
I'm starting to think that my nutrients are not good anymore. When I went to the hydro store, I ask how much time the nutrients last when openned and he said a good 2-3 years.
I think it's been that long, but maybe more... :rollingeyes:

At least she look fine, all the leaves are great and the buds are getting bigger.

IMG_20170703_101935.jpg

I guess I will buy some new nutrients to be sure.
My last grow with the SSH had not that kind of problems, and it was just 4 months ago. :confused:

Calibrated ya pH meter?

Have you tried flushing? Maybe get the pH problem sorted before adding potassium silicate again? Doesn't seem normal to be continually rising like that

Yes I've check the calibration of my ph pen.
Before using the silicate my ph was dropping to 4.5 each day, and the ppm increased as if there was too much nutrients, but it was not.
Now the ph raise and the ppm too, that's why I'm thinking about the nutrients itself that would be too old.

So I bought some new nutrients, my daily report is coming...

Even with the fluctuation in ppm and ph, your buds look great. Hopefully these anomalies will cease to occur. Time will tell. Keep us posted. Yup, they be looking fine. They are thriving off of your attention.

Even with the fluctuation in ppm and ph, your buds look great. Hopefully these anomalies will cease to occur. Time will tell. Keep us posted. Yup, they be looking fine. They are thriving off of your attention.

Thanks! I guess checking her everyday is not enough! :laugh:

I just check her and the ph raise to 6.3, but the ppm was a bit lower. :hmmmm:
I put a few drops of ph down.

This may be a dumb question but here goes....you are not chasing the ph by using both up and down in the same reservoir water are you?

I don't have any ph up. But the silicate raise it, maybe I put too much.
I went to check her and the ppm raised again... I didn't check the ph, it pisses me off...

Kinda strange. When I grew hydrophonic, I used a Wilma system with drippers and an air-stone in the reservoir. I hardly ever adjusted pH except when I filled new water. It would go a little bit down over time but not much. Have you not wondered why this happens and if it is possible to stabilize it somehow? How big is the reservoir?

Kinda strange. When I grew hydrophonic, I used a Wilma system with drippers and an air-stone in the reservoir. I hardly ever adjusted pH except when I filled new water. It would go a little bit down over time but not much. Have you not wondered why this happens and if it is possible to stabilize it somehow? How big is the reservoir?

All my grows in DWC never had this kind of problem. I even almost never check the ppm, the ph would drift a little bit after a few days, that's it.
I don't know what is the problem with her. The good news is that the leaves don't show any problems, even the lower ones, and the buds are growing.

The bucket is 16L, I always used the same size and the same nutrients.
The difference is that I started her with seed in soil, then transplant to DWC.
I have clones, maybe they will react differently.

The temp of the water is around 75F, a little high, but then again I never check the temp of the water before!

And there's the light that I use for the first time, but I don't think it's a problem. ;)

I'll continue to adjust daily, not sure what I can do next...

Day 40 in bloom

Today the ph was 7.1, I drop it 5.1! I didn't do nothing for the ppm, it's now at 650.

On the next reservoir change, I will not use the potassium silicate, and if the ph drop I will use some.

No pix, my phone is recharging. :laugh:

Day 41 in bloom

Today the ph was again at 7.1, my theory is that the Enzymes Komplete has somehow resolve my heat issues, but the silicate keep the ph to 7. :hmmmm:
I set the ph to 5.4, and prepared another bucket of water! :laugh:

At least the buds are still looking good! :)

IMG_20170706_114827.jpg

Here's one of my clone, I think I will keep her has a mother.

IMG_20170706_115420.jpg

Another clone in her own mini-DWC! ;)

IMG_20170706_115503.jpg

The light in my clone area is a little stripe of led that I bought on eBay for around 20$! It work! :)

Day 42 in bloom

Today I change the bucket but without the Potassium Silicate!
I use 3/4 of recommanded nutrients, which give a ppm of 800!! Is that too much? :scratchinghead:
I'll check her during the day. The ph is set to 5.5.

I added the Enzymes Komplete too, we can see the foam coming out of the bucket! :laugh: I like this stuff and it smell like peppermint!

IMG_20170707_104359.jpg

Back
Top Bottom