Asesino's Mystery Girl and Clones ScrOG - Coco Coir

Day 1 Flower - The flowering stage begins! Last night the lights went to 12/12. I am interested to see how much these will stretch. Either way everything is already at the net or higher so my light distribution will be better this grow. 70ish days from now I will be looking to pull these girls down. I really do not know what to expect this time because I don't know anything about the genetics of these but so far they look to be loving the flower tent and the net is working well. The next three weeks should see a lot of action. Let the journey begin!

IMG_115939.JPG

IMG_116536.JPG
Are the squares 2"x2"?
I like it, SCROG is one of my favorite for small space-big yield.

Sent from my SM-N920V using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Asesino's Nirvana Mystery Trio ScroG - Coco Coir

Are the squares 2"x2"?
I like it, SCROG is one of my favorite for small space-big yield.

Yes they are 2"x2" squares. I changed from soil to coco and using a ScrOG from grow #1 to grow #2 and my yield was the same. A few learning curves for sure. This attempt looks a ton better and I expect to see better results. Not my like last results were bad, I guess I just expected a little more.

Thanks for checking out my journal. The next update should be fun. The net will be hard to find soon. Lots of growth in the last couple days. Only halfway through stretch :)

Day 9 Flower - I decided to purchase another light today. I got one of the Mars Hydro Reflector 144s. Currently I only have one of the 96s in my veg tent so I will put my new one in the flower tent and move one of my 96s to the veg tent. Ideally I would like two 144s in my flower tent for the best coverage and two 96s in my veg tent. Since I currently have three 96s I will likely sell one to a friend that is getting their grow started and upgrade to another 144. I'm in no hurry though.

At this point I am just letting these three mystery girls grow without doing much defoliating or anything. I will wait until they are done stretching to defoliate again. The only thing I remove is anything that falls under the net or any new little growth trying to pop out. The canopy is looking fairly even and there is lots of fresh green growth everywhere. I'm just going to let them do their thing and when they stop I will remove anything that won't seem to produce or is just weak. Usually that is branches that just don't get enough light. I'll be interested to see how the new light does with helping penetration as well. Glad I pulled the trigger on this upgrade now before budding begins.

The lights are currently about 15" above the plants. If these things keep stretching I will probably have to raise them up a bit but I am thinking they will likely stretch a couple inches more and end up at about 12-13" for the lights, right where I want them.

IMG_120846.JPG

Such a beautiful garden you have going here. What did you pull in your last harvest bud?

Such a beautiful garden you have going here. What did you pull in your last harvest bud?

Pretty much the same as my first grow. I think it was just short of 12oz. I'd like to see that go up a couple this time. Even with one less plant again I'd like to hit 14oz or more.

Also my Purple Trainwreck just seemed like a runt. I got one of those my first grow too. Might have been my fault but if you remember I had one in my first grow too. This grow I know I have 3 super healthy plants.

Hey your girls on all your grows look great. Wish I was having as much good luck. I got three girls going they are hybrid jack smack crossed with critical kush but decided to go with coco since I read good things about it. Well I started in rockwool starter cubes and things were going good then I transplanted to small peat pots with coco and perlite. I put great white also during transplant and only using super thrive from general hydroponics. My first set of leaves lost color and is getting worse by the day. I have been ph the water and have no clue what to do. Should I be using just regular water? When did u start using nutes? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks and your girls look really good!

Hey your girls on all your grows look great. Wish I was having as much good luck. I got three girls going they are hybrid jack smack crossed with critical kush but decided to go with coco since I read good things about it. Well I started in rockwool starter cubes and things were going good then I transplanted to small peat pots with coco and perlite. I put great white also during transplant and only using super thrive from general hydroponics. My first set of leaves lost color and is getting worse by the day. I have been ph the water and have no clue what to do. Should I be using just regular water? When did u start using nutes? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks and your girls look really good!

I had this issue happen in my 2nd grow when I transplanted from soil to coco. The plants are stressed out and are starting to eat the lower stuff while the roots form. My main issue there was I didn't pre-charge the coco with anything and coco is basically a blank slate. It helps to have the coco soak in a light veg nutes tea before transplanting. I think I start feeding with very light amount of nutrients about 5 days in, so pretty early. Just a really light amount and not too much water either. Even though it is almost impossible to overwater coco plants in the latter stages, you can still ruin small plants by using too much water too early. Roots are seeking water and if they don't have to go anywhere to find it then they stay complacent. You want roots to be searching for water and expanding so I like to leave the medium a little drier at this early stage.

It is hard to tell without a visual exactly what is going on but if your plants aren't wilting or anything but the bottoms are just yellowing, then it sounds like stress. The new growth coming out should be a nice green and likely all the yellowing will fall off or you will pull it off. Page 4 of my 2nd journal shows what my plants looked like. If the yellowing is the same you likely have nothing to worry about. One lesson I've learned recently with nutes is less is more.

Wanted to say thanks for speedy response glad to b part of a good community. I believe my problem is contibuted to ph problems. Jus flushed them to c if that changes anything. They are still standing strong jus not as healthy as I would like to see. Thank you again. Will b following along. M growing in coco under a dormgrow g8 450 watt. So our grows are similar!! Well I been following since ur first grow jus been kinda quiet. Tryna study and read as much as possible and thought with all my research it would b easy oh how naive I was!! But m not a quiter so gonna keep trucking along!! When I went to page four I seen I was posting then on ur journal!

Wanted to say thanks for speedy response glad to b part of a good community. I believe my problem is contibuted to ph problems. Jus flushed them to c if that changes anything. They are still standing strong jus not as healthy as I would like to see. Thank you again. Will b following along. M growing in coco under a dormgrow g8 450 watt. So our grows are similar!! Well I been following since ur first grow jus been kinda quiet. Tryna study and read as much as possible and thought with all my research it would b easy oh how naive I was!! But m not a quiter so gonna keep trucking along!! When I went to page four I seen I was posting then on ur journal!

Yeah I guess I forgot to mention that adjusting the PH with the "tea" for soaking the coco is also a big factor! I take that for granted sometimes because everything is engrained in my head as 5.8 but when you don't treat the coco properly early on the PH is too high.

Do you know how I can post a pic so I can see what m dealing with?

When using the website click the gallery button (above the USER CP button) and then click upload photo if the photo is on your computer. If it is on your phone then I do the same thing except I use a browser to open 420 magazine's website via my phone. I haven't used the app yet to upload photos. Then when you want to paste the photo in a message you click the button with the camera and green arrow and then the picture and it will post a link to your picture!

Day 13 Flower - The last four days have been really fun for me. I invested in a Mars Hydro 144 and it came yesterday. With the way that my ScrOG net works, if I use the outer rows of squares then the 96s just don't get the outsides and corners good light. With my prior grow without the net I didn't really have plants in the corners like I do now. The 144 covers the 4'x2' area awesome. I want another one but I really don't need it right now. I have one corner without anything growing in it so 144 and the 96 covers the part of the net I have filled out perfectly. I'll likely get my 2nd 144 by my next grow.

IMG_127333.JPG

The other 96 I had in my flower tent is now in my veg tent so now I have 2 lights in there. The clones loved it. They looked so happy today. It was really good timing for both my tents to get the light upgrades.

IMG_127434.JPG

My flower tent is going wild. Day 1 of flower the girls were pretty much at the net. The big one (front) is now 13" above the net and a total of 29" tall. The 2nd biggest one (back left) is about 11" above the net and 27" tall. The last one (back right) is 9" above the net and 25" tall. It is only day 13 and I really need them to stop stretching. I've raised my new light to about as high as it is going to go and the plants are 13" away. I am starting to see signs of maturing so it should slow down soon but the sooner the better.

IMG_128037.JPG

IMG_128842.JPG

I spot something female! I haven't seen hairs yet on the other two freebies so hopefully they both are female as well. Glad to see this on the largest of the 3. There is always this period of a couple days where they look male and you just pray the hair comes out. I remember kind of freaking out last grow and even a little bit this time. I reminded myself that it looked like this last time too and all was well in the end.

IMG_127130.JPG

This was a cool picture. This is the 3 gallon plant I have that is the "smaller" one. It is easy to see where the roots are in the pot which is everywhere! There are excess salts that the roots have dispersed and usually I just wipe it away with a warm washcloth. It is a good way to tell where your roots are in the pot though. My 5 gallon pots look the same and going off of what I've read, if your roots fill the pot when you flip to flower the buds should be nicely sized. This is the first time my pots have looked like this. The 7 gallon ones were too big to make this happen and I only saw salts in the bottom 1/2 last time.

IMG_127842.JPG

Lastly I will do a heavy defoliation session in a few days. It will be before my next update so that should be an exciting one as well. I really have kept my hands off defoliating them in stretch. I will likely raise the net up a bit when I do this and just cut off anything that is at the net again or lower. Branches that seem really weak will come off too. These girls will look really differently next time you see them.

IMG_127029.JPG

Top view
IMG_127936.JPG

Back
Top Bottom