Ask Us Anything: Sharing Knowledge 420 Style

Posted some pic

this is to early to foxtail hehe ... looks like she going to have humongous colas ... and she looks perfectly normal for a sativa at this stage ... maybe that one bud is a stretchy fucker but i dont consider it foxtailing

now this is foxtailing hehe :

picture.jpg

Are they both under the LED? How many watts is the LED? How close is it to the girls? Where did you get the seeds? See my first journal for a look at what happens when either the LED is too close or strong for seedlings or when you get free experimental seeds or all 3 perhaps. Comb the auto journals to see other examples.
I have them under 2 300watt mars about 18 inches away from the tops. It looks like it split and started 2 tops from the start. The other is doing extremely well. Gonna be shirt looks like.

Just watered my plant (in coco) and noticed these little bastards in the run off...

3caabcc72d068c8e1592b290c11dbfda.jpg

Would I be right in thinking they are springtails?

Also the plant is about 4 weeks off harvest, should I do anything to try to get rid of them or just ride it out for the 4 weeks?

If bad pest neem oil in spray bottle 1/4 ratio or run some h203 through 1/4 ratio through medium

If using neem oil method do not spray last two weeks before axe .

Also loo. Into flying skull z7 if in coco buddy .

If bad pest neem oil in spray bottle 1/4 ratio or run some h203 through 1/4 ratio through medium

If using neem oil method do not spray last two weeks before axe .

Also loo. Into flying skull z7 if in coco buddy .
Thanks dude, I have some neem oil already, since the pests are staying in the coco should I water it through with a plain neem oil solution? Or add neem to the regular daily feed? I dont want to risk spraying the stuff anywhere near the plant it would end up on buds and I hate the smell of neem.

Thanks again for the input! I'll look into that z7 for the future ..

Thanks dude, I have some neem oil already, since the pests are staying in the coco should I water it through with a plain neem oil solution? Or add neem to the regular daily feed? I dont want to risk spraying the stuff anywhere near the plant it would end up on buds and I hate the smell of neem.

Thanks again for the input! I'll look into that z7 for the future ..

Z7 will save you bro trust me

And I know a guy who actually had bit of neem oil in his rdwc said it is actually god for the plant anyways .

But I would prob run h203 through it first

Also hydrogaurd is another alternative to z7 but from my research here z7 outperforms ..

Hey king is the z9 similar to z7? I've only seen the z9 locally here

Not sure let me look it up

Can't find z9

Who makes it ?

Here is z7

80b3b920ed579ac161c61086e60f88c1.jpg
21a6994c92f6d2573324c469e5ea7ae4.jpg
4b23c88840990e3fa58e8f4948c68732.jpg
ed689b16f1ce6ea2bedd0366bffede2f.jpg
c63ab6833b37c220b4ef38a1c35e2446.jpg
1e09086fd1133533bc1d8d3a90714ca0.jpg
652e7e7b64f4d1b20c57cf8d65a5d451.jpg

Z9 is Canada only, still from flying skulls. Looks to be z7 just done for canada. Is the z7 a 2 part system?

Yes see above post .

I can't find any info on z9

How much water should I give my plant in soil for the 2 week flush its a 3 litre pot she usually has 2litres with feed every 3 days any help would be much appreciated

303bb950b8513ed661fc451850315d54.jpg
3acc7428899416a5f27c7b1b1d781f54.jpg

So I'm about a month into flower and I can't tell if this plant is just overwatered or if it's root bound. 1 other plant looks similar but not quite as bad. The other 4 are fine. They've been in 7 gallon pots for probably 2 months now. I'd really like to avoid a transplant but it's been 3 days since watering and it hasn't gotten any better. Plant is roughly 43" tall. Any help appreciated

How much water should I give my plant in soil for the 2 week flush its a 3 litre pot she usually has 2litres with feed every 3 days any help would be much appreciated

You don't really need flush in soil. Stopping adding nuts the last week is enough then just let the plant absorb all the water from the soil. A good goal is that the soil isn't much wet anymore the day of harvest. This will allow the plant to dry quicker. If you really want to flush you should just water with 3x the volume of the pot. Simpler is just to water till you can see water going around the base of the plant for a few seconds. The goal is to flush so just imagine there was for example coffee on the top of the soil then how much water you would need to be sure it s not there anymore. That's why experienced grower advise to water with 3x the volume of the pot. But again in soil I often read that flushing is useless (considering your plants are healthy and don't have any over feeding trouble. In that case you should flush to remove old salts coz they could prevent the plant to absorb nutrients well.

You don't really need flush in soil. Stopping adding nuts the last week is enough then just let the plant absorb all the water from the soil. A good goal is that the soil isn't much wet anymore the day of harvest. This will allow the plant to dry quicker. If you really want to flush you should just water with 3x the volume of the pot. Simpler is just to water till you can see water going around the base of the plant for a few seconds. The goal is to flush so just imagine there was for example coffee on the top of the soil then how much water you would need to be sure it s not there anymore. That's why experienced grower advise to water with 3x the volume of the pot. But again in soil I often read that flushing is useless (considering your plants are healthy and don't have any over feeding trouble. In that case you should flush to remove old salts coz they could prevent the plant to absorb nutrients well.
You should always flush. Idc if it's salt nutes or an organic grow. 2 week flush is always recommended.

flushing in soil is complex really because there arE so many variables. was it an organic super soil or was it a soil where you have used a nutrient mix when feeding? iIn short if you are using a nutrient rich soil and adding no external nutrients then you wouldn't flush, you would just add your water as normal then harvest..

if you have used a nutrient schedule to a soil that is low in nutrient value then you must flush. 2 weeks is good in general providing theres no heavy overfeeding. All you do is on the first 'flush' is water with some run off then after that just give plain un ph'd water until harvest. don't over water which is a large mistake made by newer growers. flushing doesn't mean drowning you plants with water. depending on. plant size and how its taking up feed and nutrients just water every couple of days or so but make sure you are giving enough time for the soil to dry out between waterings. the biggest cause of bud rot after poor air circulation is too mush water through plants at the end. little and often is how I approach it.

I haven't grown in soil for a long long time but the flushing principle is simple really. just don't excess feed and water only for 2 weeks will do the job in most cases. as you get more experienced you can tailor the schedule better (and just switch to cococoir ;) )

peace

Back
Top Bottom