Atrain Indoor T5 Closet Grow - White Widow Auto - White Cheese Auto - Royal Haze Auto

Re: Atrain Indoor T5 Closet Grow - White Widow Auto - White Cheese Auto - Royal Haze

Subbed. That cheese is hell-bent on ruling the grow. Console yourself with the fact that people grew in MG for years, because it was all there was available. They look like they will all make you proud Atrain. I grow in living organic soil so I know nothing about nutes. I can't be of any help there, but I can cheer from the sidelines. So far, minor nute burn and all, you look good.

I myself grow under CFLs. You want to expose the sides of the lights to the plants as much as possible. They don't give off any usable light from the ends.

The only other thing I'll share is that they flower early but resist the urge to throw your lighting into full flower mode until about half the way through. They still need the higher kelvin energy to veg properly.

Now I'm going to sit back and watch you work magic for your girl. She's a lucky woman. :green_heart:

Re: Atrain Indoor T5 Closet Grow - White Widow Auto - White Cheese Auto - Royal Haze

Thanks for the input sweetsue it is much appreciated... glad to have you along and as for the lighting I planed on keeping it this way for a while I still have 3 t5 6500k bulbs and 6/23w 6500k cfl going for the veg I just couldn't resist plugging in those 3/55W 2700k cfl when I saw all those hairs start popping out. And I will def be consulting with you later for my next run I don't know if it will be the full organic but def leaning way more that way

Re: atrain's indoor t5 closet grow : white widow auto, white cheese auto, royal haze

20150103_155118.jpg
Ok well I'm off work today and got bored I went out to the shop and came up with this contraption in front of my 5 gal containers. I had 3 shop lights I added splitters and placed the 6 55w cfl bulbs in them so as soon as I have to raise the hood up a few inches due to growth I'll be able to add app 330w of cfl side lighting to the t5 fixture above....

Interesting grow so far I wish you the best of luck especially with those lights. Mine managed to wiggle its way off of something it was supposedly "clamped" onto and managed to smash my green CFL... I'm sure it was somehow my fault though.

That inside view of your lighting reminds me of a roller coaster, or some sort of assembly line due to the mirrors. :bravo:

I just caught up to your recent post from posting my last comment. I too have an Auto from them mine however being Royal AK Auto. Also I noticed you mentioned Fox Farm, which I also use. My autos are currently about 9 weeks in with no problems aside from damaging the tap root on one of them. I would be happy to assist with your haze grow. According to RQS website haze will and or can grow taller indoor indoor vs the AK, but I will give you an example how I used LST to achieve an even canopy without stunting development.

Kim_vs_Obama.jpg

Actually there are 2 Royal AK's both have been LST in certain aspects, but the major area would be the main cola. Its kind of hard to see but the AK labeled Kim Jong, if you follow the center of the plant up you will notice a huge curve. This is the main stem that I began LST as soon as I noticed a significant stretch. If you are interested send me a message, either on your forum or mine, which is in my signature : ) .

That will not happen as fast as you think, the nitrogen is designed to be released over 6 months with frequent watering.

I was not going to suggest it to you as they are doing so well with your watering technique but the plants need to feed from the whole pot at some point , since they are getting bigger ... you NEED to start soaking the containers.

Aerate the water with a bubbler / air stone for 24 hrs then water , the more air you get in the water the better the plants will handle the watering , so they do not get water logged from dead stale water. PH the water if it needs it , as usual.

If you use a tall narrow container to bubble the water in it will absorb the oxygen more readily if not more thoroughly / faster.

Personally at this stage I would agree with LEDBud a nice drink or "flush" couldn't hurt. I would use PH neutral water and a little big bloom if you have it available. The idea is to flush out the nutrient so the plant doesn't absorb large amounts of nitrogen. So if for one or two water feedings are not PH balanced and the plant cannot absorb that nutrient, you are effectively flushing it out. As well as taking care of any salt build up. You will have to water at some point in time, might as well make it count.

If you do flush either way, make sure you get some decent run off. Normal runoff should be around 10 percent, flushing should be double the amount of water. So if your plant takes 4 cups of water, give it eight. Give it 4 immediately then wait about 5 minutes, and then give it the other 4 to flush what the first 4 loosened up.

Thanks for the input guys I have been using ph water bubbled on all 3 but sparingly on the haze.... I did soak the widow and cheese last time and in the next few days I will do the same to the haze when she needs it... keep an eye on me all this really helps I been getting advice here and there but winging allot of it

I was under the impression that mirrors would create hot spots. Is this not a concern?

I read that about the mirrors also. From what I read it really not that much of a concern imperfections in the mirror are what cause most of them and the mirror absorbs like 50 percent of light hitting it anyhow so it's actually a very poor reflector. And I rotate these girls like it's my job anyhow lol and I also have another question for you guys another grower suggested Epsom salt to maybe help the haze does anyone agree/disagree with this thanks fellas

That daily rotation is the first thing I do every morning. Then I measure and fill up the SWICK reservoirs. Just like clockwork. LOL!

Can't help you with the Epsom salts. The living soil has me spoiled. Others with experience will chime in soon.

I suspect , with good reason no matter how reflective the material is the reflection hot spot is not as hot as the bulbs to begin with , well it can't be as light loses energy as the distance increases.

Funny that you mention Epson Salt, I just picked up a bag the other day for something unrelated. On the back it states that its good for gardening.

Gardening with Epsom Salt | SaltWorks - Did a simple internet search and came up with this.

Makes perfect sense, the only issue id assume would be regulation the amount of Magnesium considering the uneven nature of salt crystals. It would seem that they are using the Epson Salt as a Flush to break up actual salt buildup and heal the roots, etc. There would seem to be the most beneficial effect.

Back
Top Bottom