AutoWhite Widow Feminised Seeds - Cupboard Grow - Organic Mix

Hey guys,

Sorry for being AWOL for a few days, didn't really have much in respect of updates on my little ladies so I used all my time to research and learn abit more :high-five:

During this time, I have been keeping a close eye on my Big Gal as reported in the earlier posts shes been lacking in nutrients. So from last Sunday 13th I popped in some nutes, less than half required just to be safe and the plants seemed to have liked it so I gave another feed on Thursday the 17th as I seen no harm done no nute burns etc. But this time I gave them round about half the dose required from the instructions, so round about 5ml per 2 litre of micro,grow and bloom, again they seemed to have liked it.

The problem that ive been keeping my eye on in regards to my Big Gal hasn't got any better with giving here some nutrients as I thought it would, infact its probably a little worse heres a couple of images....

2014-04-20_12_23_42_HDR.jpg

2014-04-20_12_19_58.jpg

2014-04-20_12_24_04_HDR.jpg

2014-04-20_12_24_14_HDR.jpg

Here's the nutrient's info....

2014-04-20_12_35_02_HDR.jpg
2014-04-20_12_34_25_HDR.jpg
2014-04-20_12_34_04_HDR.jpg
2014-04-20_12_33_47_HDR.jpg

I don't know if growth has slowed down aswell, ive been expected the ladies to really rocket now that there into there 5th week day:37 Don't get me wrong they are still inching taller but not at the rate I expected. Here's some images of them from today

2014-04-20_12_33_06_HDR.jpg
2014-04-20_12_32_42_HDR.jpg
2014-04-20_12_32_32_HDR.jpg
2014-04-20_12_30_28_HDR.jpg
2014-04-20_12_30_13_HDR.jpg
2014-04-20_12_30_00_HDR.jpg
2014-04-20_12_29_27_HDR.jpg
2014-04-20_12_29_17_HDR.jpg
2014-04-20_12_29_05_HDR.jpg
2014-04-20_12_28_46_HDR.jpg
2014-04-20_12_28_25_HDR.jpg
2014-04-20_12_28_04_HDR.jpg
2014-04-20_12_27_55_HDR.jpg
2014-04-20_12_27_34_HDR.jpg
2014-04-20_12_27_24_HDR.jpg
2014-04-20_12_27_04.jpg
2014-04-20_12_26_46.jpg
2014-04-20_12_26_43.jpg
2014-04-20_12_26_30_HDR.jpg
2014-04-20_12_25_14_HDR.jpg
2014-04-20_12_25_02_HDR.jpg
2014-04-20_12_24_45_HDR.jpg
2014-04-20_12_24_29_HDR.jpg
2014-04-20_12_23_53_HDR.jpg
2014-04-20_12_23_33_HDR.jpg
2014-04-20_12_21_28_HDR.jpg
2014-04-20_12_21_00.jpg
2014-04-20_12_20_11.jpg

The two little ones are the healthiest, however on some of the images above you can see there starting to show the same signs as my poor Big Gal. Would I be right in saying the this is a Potassium (K) Deficiency?

Potassium71.jpg

If so how can I treat this before its to late, as I said before I have give her a week with some nutrients and kept a watchful eye ever her but she's not responding very well.

It looks to inconsistent to be a deficiency. More like something soil related, I just prevent gnats from spreading, and I had a couple similar leaves appear, kind Its patchy, and no real pattern. Also check ph, maybe adjust +/- .1 to make potassium more available. Honestly they look healthy, I wouldn't worry too much unless it starts spreading rapidly. ( is it all on older fan leaves? The older leaves degrade much quicker, especially if it's trying to cut them off)

whoa !! looking good!!
that damage is minimal, i lean toward maybe hitting a hotspot
so a bit of nute burn
they look good overall and you should be very happy
keep up the good work
take care and good luck

It looks to inconsistent to be a deficiency. More like something soil related, I just prevent gnats from spreading, and I had a couple similar leaves appear, kind Its patchy, and no real pattern. Also check ph, maybe adjust +/- .1 to make potassium more available. Honestly they look healthy, I wouldn't worry too much unless it starts spreading rapidly. ( is it all on older fan leaves? The older leaves degrade much quicker, especially if it's trying to cut them off)

Ok cool, thanks mate :peace:. I honestly thought it was a deficiency because everything seemed ok, well I think so anyway. I tested the ph of the soil and I got a reading of 6.0 is that safe? Or is 6.5 sort of a must have figure of my ladies. The lower fan leaves are the most affected, I pulled two of the first fan leaves off last night as they were an awefull yellow colour, definitely dieing off. And as you can see on the pics that the tips of the big gal are starting to go yellow and some have a brown tinge at the very tip.

The two little gals have got a couple of yellow tips and some makings in leaves aswell. I've got about 1month left to the said harvest of 75 days so I will keep a close eye on them, hopefully work out what to next with them make sure it doesn't spread to quickly.

whoa !! looking good!!
that damage is minimal, i lean toward maybe hitting a hotspot
so a bit of nute burn
they look good overall and you should be very happy
keep up the good work
take care and good luck

Hey yuyo, pleased you have found my thread mate this ones a lot better than my last two lol. I wasn't sure about nute burn as the plant was heading this way before I added any nutes and the soils organic, so I just though it maybe lacking something. I don't even know if these nutrients will be good for my grow media, these were from my hydro attempt mate. Just though I might be able to get through with these and my next grow I'm gunna see if there's any good organic nutrient solutions out there. :circle-of-love:

Ur plants very healthy 2 me.good job:goodjob:

Thanks snakelad :thumb: getting there buddy just hope they make it without to much damage lol. But if you guys think there fairly healthy then that's good enough for me guys :thanks: would still like to sort them out so I know for next time what to do if this happens next time round. I've heard Epsom salt is good for the plants, got some on delivery would you advise that I use it or leave as?

Thanks natert96,

So it's defo a ph problem mate yea... The ladies aren't in any great danger are they, won't be able to get ph up & down till late this week. God knows how long this has been a problem, I only got my ph soil meter last week. Is the soul meter enough or do I need a water meter?

Or Is there any temp home remedies that I could use until up and down arrive?

yaeh, you can try using lime/lemon water(down) and baking soda water (up) as a quick substitute for now. i got a ph pen for around $6 on amazon. maybe try getting just tester drops/strips at your grow store, extremely cheap and will get you water where you need it to finish your grow

You my friend are a life saver, thank you very much.. I'm going to pop to the shop for some lime and baking soda hopefully they have some... Now my question is, what's the best way for me to get this right without a ph test kit, don't think the soil one will work will it? Wish I had of posted this earlier I could have sorted this last weekend before adding nutrients :'(

I'm quessing my base ph is 6 as that's what's been reading on the soil meter unless the soil has any play in it then I don't have a clue.... I think I will take a little bit of top soil out the three pots and try my best with that until I get a water meter, if I can get this right should I just simply give them water, I last fed them on Thursday soil feels slightly damp near the bottom of the pots. Might give it until the morning to be safe, but I will mix up some ph'd water tonight ready to chuck on first thing... Now I know the problem, u can focus on it to make it right... Never for one minute thought of ph playing an issue at this stage as things seemed sweet until now. Thanks again mate, your a legend ;)

Send some rep my way! (Little star in the corner) It doesn't have to be the same soil, just dig something up outside, test it, water it, and test it again just so you know how strong your solution is. Just shoot for 6.5 in the end, you need stable ph throughout, you probably didn't have a problem until now because your soil has ph buffers in it, but they're all buffered out now!

Got you mate thanks, +reps sent your way with much love ; ) I think lol let me know

So, if I get soil from the garden and it reads 5 without ph water would I be looking to add 6.5 onto that giving it 11.5 on the reader... Am I getting that correct? This is probably the simplest thing but I've never encountered doing this so I don't quite know yet lol... We'll at least I know the soil I used is good for about a month with the nutrients it already has and ph...

Got you mate thanks, +reps sent your way with much love ; ) I think lol let me know

So, if I get soil from the garden and it reads 5 without ph water would I be looking to add 6.5 onto that giving it 11.5 on the reader... Am I getting that correct? This is probably the simplest thing but I've never encountered doing this so I don't quite know yet lol... We'll at least I know the soil I used is good for about a month with the nutrients it already has and ph...

no if your at 5, and you flush with 6.5 you only be able to water enough to be around 5.7... idk im not a soil expert, i grow in soil-less hydro. that's why consistently giving the same ph is important, because it takes a lot to flush up to the ph you need. you also need to take into consideration adding nutrients will +/- your ph depending on the product. my best easiest advice would be to:
1.fill a 5 gal bucket
2. let it sit out over night
3. add around 3-4 Tablespoons of baking soda
4. let sit for an hour, make sure fully dissolved
5. flush plants as you would water normally
6. test your soil
7. get a ph kit

it'll help, nothing exact.

Awesome nater mate thanks a million, this Is definitely sound advice and I hope others learn from this. I should hopefully have everything by the end of the week and fingers crossed this gets my ladies back into perfect health. I think when I'm doing this I will test this in the big gal, as she's the worst looking one and I should have what's needed for the other two by the time they are affected the same. The two little ladies are in fairly better health IMO, so if I screw up at least it's on the one as opposed to messing the three up....

So for beginner growers out there looking at this thread, remember ph is important!!!!!

Thanks nater

no if your at 5, and you flush with 6.5 you only be able to water enough to be around 5.7... idk im not a soil expert, i grow in soil-less hydro. that's why consistently giving the same ph is important, because it takes a lot to flush up to the ph you need. you also need to take into consideration adding nutrients will +/- your ph depending on the product. my best easiest advice would be to:
1.fill a 5 gal bucket
2. let it sit out over night
3. add around 3-4 Tablespoons of baking soda
4. let sit for an hour, make sure fully dissolved
5. flush plants as you would water normally
6. test your soil
7. get a ph kit

it'll help, nothing exact.

DO NOT USE BAKING SODA TO INCREASE pH!!!! It has tons of sodium in it and will badly damage your plants. The advice is good except the baking soda part.

DO NOT USE BAKING SODA TO INCREASE pH!!!! It has tons of sodium in it and will badly damage your plants. The advice is good except the baking soda part.
you know what else has sodium in it? EVERYTHING LIVING IN THE WORLD, including most major nutrients. Its a "temporary" fix for a reason, long term use of any product with sodium in it causes salt build up, most commonly recognized as "nutrient burn" where salts build up. That's also why you need to flush, and use a "proper" adjuster. Why don't you keep your bad advice to yourself.:tommy: :welldone::cough::cough:

I'm sure you're right, Nater. The three tablespoons of baking soda you recommend has a little over 11,300mg of sodium in it - hardly any! I have a strong professional background in metabolism/biochemistry, but I will never have the understanding that you do. :rofl:

the way to increase ph is by feeding less fertilizer. fertilizer is very acidic. your plants looks great, but they are on the verge of nutrient lockout. just do water, feed, water, feed, water etc. till she asks for more food again :thumb:

since I start in "empty" soil I usually start with feeding them every time I water, then I go to feed, feed, water, feed, feed, water OR water, feed, water, feed, water etc. depending on how they look.

yours are a very dark shade of green and have nutrient burn at the tips. nothing serious, but they'll make bigger buds if you feed a little less at this point in time :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom