BCBudd's Kushy SOG The 2L Experiment

would love to no how to overdrive the t5s...have 3- 4 ft 2 bulb and put them side by side and screwed them together to make a 6 light bracket for my veg room

would love to no how to overdrive the t5s...have 3- 4 ft 2 bulb and put them side by side and screwed them together to make a 6 light bracket for my veg room
I'll PM the link I would not do it on a HO and definitely not on a VHO. I'd pull the ballast out of one and add it to another to test the heat output (thanks jandre2k3). If it is to hot put it back and you're not out anything. How big is this veg area 6 T5's is allot of light.

have a 4x8 veg room..run my two mothers in it and a various size plants of other strains tht im experimenting with and a bunch of domes of clones to be put outside..thr just t5 shoplights not the ho..bought 6 ho bulbs tho thinkin thy were the regular shop light bulbs out of worms way now i need a fixture for thm haha..the bulbs are cool white but a buddy said to throw atleast two warms out of the 6

Sorry haven't been keeping up here. Decided I wasn't busy enough so am in the middle of an industrial first aid course. Been a couple decades or 3 since I last cracked a book so very intense for me. Enough of the excuses,we have roots.

plants_0141.JPG

plants_0134.JPG

No more cloning gel for me. These babies are only 4 and 5 days old were cut and put straight in. The first dozen with the gel are just starting to show pimples. Very short update as I gotta hit the books. One quick pic of the moms and I''m out.:peace:

plants_015.JPG

Woohoo aced my tests.:yahoo: So after thinking long and hard I picked ut 8 to go into the flower room last night. Since they are first 8 they got 24 hrs of dark before the 1k hit em. Got 8 more out of the cloner to go in next thursday then 16 the week after and should be 16 each week after that. So 1 week of veg under the t12's then off to the other side. Got a 2 gal sprayer to try out and methinks it the way to go for now. Deffinately easier on my back.

plants_00327.JPG

Couple of shots of the cloner,moms and newest clones from the machine.

plants_00516.JPG

plants_00428.JPG

Thats bout it for now.:peace:

Well so much for having more time. Will try to get some pics up. The first gals into the flower room are startin to bloom. Row 2 just went in and row 3 goin in pdq. Afte that will be 2-3 rows at a time depending on how many I cull of ugly clones. Battling fookin spider mites.
@!#@#$%$%$#@! bastards are gettin on my nerves. Hope all is well in 420 land.:peace:

Either I am winning the war on bugs or they have let me fall into a false sense of security by hiding. Still treating of course and will continue. Pic of the first 24 on flower side. 1st row went in on june 21st so thats 1st day of 12/12. Next row 7 days later and 3rd row 7 days after that. I see a pattern here lemme know if you see it too. :biglaugh:

plants_00128.JPG

On the not so plus side I have another mudder freakin problem.

plants_00230.JPG

plants_00328.JPG

Been very careful feeding by my chart. Never gets warmer than 82 low of 76. RH 40-46. Few leaves have gone like this,they just start to slowly go pale green then to this state. Any ideas welcome. Been to the problem solver page and not sure wtf this is.:peace:

Oops shitty pic,heres a better one. Gonna take leaf to the hyro store tomorrow too.

plants_00430.JPG

First thing that comes to mind is nutrient lockout... pH problem

Second is Calcium...

Make sure that you're at 5.8 first of all, then try adding a little calcium to your mix.

Are these 2L DWC-H or just regular hempies? Nvm... I just went back to see that they're regular hempies... You drink a lot of ginger ale... LOL!

Take a look here: https://www.420magazine.com/community/threads/cannabis-plant-pest-problem-solver-pictorial.81266/

Here are a few pictures of ph spotting before nutrient lockout occurs. The last pic is shown is high ph with the twisty leaves. Note the edges are brown, this is a potassium deficiency that is caused by ph lockout.(Sometimes this gets confused with a nitrogen toxicity, so always keep your ph in check and test it often!)

Still fighting the damn mites but I'm no quitter. I remember reading in 420fied's journal that he tried no feeding for up to 3 days without ill effects so we took off wed and cam back fri night. Girls didn't seem to mind a bit. In fact they look a hell of alot better than they did.

Well what else did I do you ask. Quit being so impatient and I'll tell you. Honestly not sure whos journal I first read about silica but I am adding that now. None of my previous plants have looked so shiny,dark deep green or healthy before. Also upped my ph to 6.4 from 6.2 on advice from my hydro store. Been 24 days since 12/12 lighting on the first 8 and all is well.

Alas not all grand news,the latest clones got a lil nglect in the machine. My wife and I both forgot to cool the water and they really didn't like that much. Planted anyway before we left and shall see in next week or so. Couple of pics of the flower side.

plants_00129.JPG

plants_00231.JPG

One of the moms.

plants_00329.JPG

Will have to see over the next 5-6 weeks if its too crowded in there. May have to stagger them and knock the overall count down from 130 to 65. Hope not. Happy growing all.:peace:

Still fighting the damn mites but I'm no quitter. I remember reading in 420fied's journal that he tried no feeding for up to 3 days without ill effects so we took off wed and cam back fri night. Girls didn't seem to mind a bit. In fact they look a hell of alot better than they did.

Well what else did I do you ask. Quit being so impatient and I'll tell you. Honestly not sure whos journal I first read about silica but I am adding that now. None of my previous plants have looked so shiny,dark deep green or healthy before. Also upped my ph to 6.4 from 6.2 on advice from my hydro store. Been 24 days since 12/12 lighting on the first 8 and all is well.

Alas not all grand news,the latest clones got a lil nglect in the machine. My wife and I both forgot to cool the water and they really didn't like that much. Planted anyway before we left and shall see in next week or so. Couple of pics of the flower side.

One of the moms.

Will have to see over the next 5-6 weeks if its too crowded in there. May have to stagger them and knock the overall count down from 130 to 65. Hope not. Happy growing all.:peace:

Wait... you're at pH of 6.2?!?! Why not 5.8?

. . . .so you was planning on growing 130 plants with 1x1000 on a light mover? I also read that sulfur kills spider mites.

Yes 130 is the magic number atm. I ran 28 bigger plants in last grow in same tray with the same light but had issues with rockwool and keeping the res cool enough so switching to this way. Feeding will be the biggest time consumer with having dif nute levels but I loaded up on sprayers and the missus helps me. Got a no pest strip in there now too so will see if that helps with the lil buggers.:peace:

Back
Top Bottom