BCBudd's Kushy SOG The 2L Experiment

Yes 130 is the magic number atm. I ran 28 bigger plants in last grow in same tray with the same light but had issues with rockwool and keeping the res cool enough so switching to this way. Feeding will be the biggest time consumer with having dif nute levels but I loaded up on sprayers and the missus helps me. Got a no pest strip in there now too so will see if that helps with the lil buggers.:peace:
Oh okay, Im going to run a sog soon but unlike a mover I'm going to have 2x1000 with somewhere around 100 to 130 bottles. I'm still trying to figure out how many I can fit under two lights so all the bottles would get good lighting.

Dude though I'd take a gander at what ya got growing on. Seen the word mites,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ouch bummmer. Thick mites? Or hopefully fewer mites. Once them buggers find pot they set up shop. Can't say I blame them but they are a pain. I need to look back and see what ya got but I take it you're doing a hydro. Hydro isn't anything near my strong point. But you might if you haven't already start adding silicon to your food. Stuff's suppose to help toughen up the plants skin against mites and mildews. Don't ask me if I can say it works, but I'm doing OK right now, knock on wood. And I'm almost free of all pests. But your plants are small right now and should be easy to get a handle on. Watch out which sprays ya use, you don't want to bite your nose off with resistant mites. Rotate sprays every once in awhile. like Neem two times then something different. Once mites are gone keep it clean. Maintance spray as needed or untill the second week or so of flowering. They have a product called mighty wash I think I'd use if, and when I see they buggers again. Fact I see afew on my A-Haze I got going. She's onley got acouple weeks and mites aren't real thick so I think she'll be fine. But I keep her off buy herself, not touching other plants. Something you won't be able to do.
I'd love to have the engery to do thing like what you got going. But for now I'll stick to pots. The Light you have is perfect for that table. I installed both my lights on rails. They are the best light saver there is. And hits the plants at all angles which is nice. I want to build 2 4X10 tables in my spare room. Just for watering purposes for now. If I had the energy. other words might be awhile before I do. GL with the Mites. I'll check back in atad Keepem Green

Oh okay, Im going to run a sog soon but unlike a mover I'm going to have 2x1000 with somewhere around 100 to 130 bottles. I'm still trying to figure out how many I can fit under two lights so all the bottles would get good lighting.

In the winter I might run both lights when its cooler. Just trying to do what I can to keep temps steady without adding heaters or ac.

As promised couple shots of the ladies.

plants_00331.JPG

plants_00233.JPG

plants_00131.JPG

So the later ones all seemed to stretch out till they all got to the same height. New to this perpetual thing so if anybody out there has experienced this lemme know. 2 days shy of 5 weeks since 12/12 so end of aug is lookin bout right. :peace:

Hey BCBudd, I've been lurking long enough and enjoying your grow journal very much ... and am finally subscribed. I am glad your mite problem is better; I hear Hot Shot strips are the way to go - is that what you used?

I am upping my growing ante and buying another tent (a 5x5) & light and thought a 1000-watt will be right for it, but it looks like you were using only one 1000-watt fixtures to grow in about twice that area. Did you ever start using the second 1000-watt fixture?

Do you think it is worth the expense to have that much wattage in a 5x5 SoG, or is a 600-watt more appropriate?

:goodjob:
:peace:

Hey BCBudd, I've been lurking long enough and enjoying your grow journal very much ... and am finally subscribed. I am glad your mite problem is better; I hear Hot Shot strips are the way to go - is that what you used?

I am upping my growing ante and buying another tent (a 5x5) & light and thought a 1000-watt will be right for it, but it looks like you were using only one 1000-watt fixtures to grow in about twice that area. Did you ever start using the second 1000-watt fixture?

Do you think it is worth the expense to have that much wattage in a 5x5 SoG, or is a 600-watt more appropriate?

:goodjob:
:peace:

Same idea as hot shot just different brand here in Canada. I have 1 1000w but its on a light mover not stationary. I'm not an expert unfortunately but from what I've experienced so far around 4' is about as far as my light and reflector reaches. Also depends how you are going to cool the tent. 1000w In my 8'x11' heats it up nicely in winter and for summer I added another exhaust fan. Will most likely add the 2nd light this winter but gotta see how these small plants like 1 light and how they perform once I get the tray filled up.From what i can gather a higher wattage light will penetrate better so taller plants you might want higher wattage to hit the bottom buds. Hope this helps out some and thanks for poppin in aardvark.:peace:

I just pulled my chair up. A grow like this just makes sense. Looking good

Nice work mate.. Looks like youll have a some great plants on their way to makin buds for ya!!
Good DIY work too buddy!:thumb: Ill keep an eye on ur grow as i think youre gunna have some nice girls soon:) Take it easy and chat soon.. SMOKEM..

Man you gotta lotta plants going there. I just cut my first OG Kush afew days back. Man weed has some fine flavor and great stone. One thing I seen was it cloned like yesterday. Great plant. They did seem to make alot of side branchesm if you veg them enough. I've never put one to flower as young as you are.I still have one outback that's still in veg mode, least I hope it's not transitioning into flower, plants that show heavy preflowers seem to make it harder to clone. Well GL in the grow I'll be looking in laters,
Keepem Green

Yup some worse than others. My ph pen was off and was too high. Killed one so far and will prolly take first row off in next few days since theres hardly any green left at all. Not giving up but these fucking bugs and other probs are driving me round the bend. Safers soap,silica,neem oil and no pest strips. Still got god damn bugs alla time. End rant. Maybe not cause I'm also too damn busy to care for the poor girls properly.:peace:

Its not all doom n gloom here. Prolly get over an oz from the nearly deads. The cloner is doing its thing.

plants_00132.JPG

plants_00234.JPG

Moms are coming along nicely.

plants_00332.JPG

Saved the worst for last.

plants_00432.JPG

plants_00518.JPG

plants_00616.JPG

Tomorrow is another day. Onward and upward. Upward for sure,these lasses are stretching like crazy as well. Got more spacing between nodes than they had in total height going into flower. Babbling now and need to get some zzzzzz's. :peace:

Back
Top Bottom