Be The First To Test Medic Grow Ez-8 1000W LED Grow Light!

Happy Fathers day all and MedicgrowEz8

I hope everyone is enjoy the day with family.

My son and daughter are making dinner for me.

So here another try at getting a great Medic Grow Ez-8 LED Grow Light

There are only 10 days left, don't miss out on a chance tp win this sweet light.

Today I have an image of Green Crack bud development.

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,

Tok..

WBIP-HSO-GC -9-16a-20 flower.jpg
Happy Fathers day :goodluck:

where did you find it says 100 true watts?
I'm pretty sure this is a 1,000 Watt fixture
I can only find a Par reading and such done by someone else on their 720W fixture and they mention it's 721 true Watts though,
here's the video, the 720W fixture has an absolutely amazing coverage at 12 inches 80% dimmed.

@MedicGrow can we get a Par reading on the Ez-8 at the different heights like in dr mj cocos video? would be really helpful to see that perfect spot like he found on the 720W video at 12 inches 80% dimmed where everything was basically flush 1000par across the 4x4.

also was looking at the fixture - as I've just ordered one and noticed it's a "v1" which is your Vegging spectrum, could I simply add supplemental 660nm/730nm IR reds to make it a better "flowering" spectrum, can we request your F1, or FS spectrum for the Ez-8 Upon purchase? thanks

- BT
1. Hey, the Ez-8 is definitely a 1000 W fixture. Thanks for your support! :kiss:
2. As for the par reading test, we are working on it right now and new videos will be launched, please stay tuned.
3. You can not add supplemental 660nm/730nm IR reds to the Ez-8 fixture directly. The V1 full spectrum is the well-balanced spectrum with a nice looking bump in 450nm blue and 660nm red that will cover from seed to harvest.
Still, if you want to add IR reds to make it a better "flowering" spectrum, you can check our spectrum X:

1624242110216.png

Getting the flower room ready for a
#MedicgrowEz8
PXL_20210620_222831720.jpg

Love to sponsor your light to grow even better looking flowers than these!

PXL_20210416_231649156.jpg

Even increased the grow space to accommodate your lights....

PXL_20210620_222750689.jpg

This is what it used to look like.....
What I called the hellhole!

PXL_20210331_142320790.jpg
PXL_20210331_142242573.jpg

We would make a great team...your light/my growing skills!
:woohoo:

1. Hey, the Ez-8 is definitely a 1000 W fixture. Thanks for your support!
how are you claiming that ? does it pull a 1000w from the wall outlet or just have diodes equal to a 1000w output at max.. ? there is a world of difference.

what does the driver actually pull for wattage ?

edit: to pull an actual 1000w from the wall would require a dedicated circuit and wiring.

i am tossing a #MedicgrowEz8

cause i wanna get eyeballs on this rig.
that's a recent 2L hempy grow under 600 true watt of 3000 / 3500k cob rig at 85 - 90% dimming. running 12 cobs.

i wanna see what ya actually got #medicgrowez8

how are you claiming that ? does it pull a 1000w from the wall outlet or just have diodes equal to a 1000w output at max.. ? there is a world of difference.

what does the driver actually pull for wattage ?

edit: to pull an actual 1000w from the wall would require a dedicated circuit and wiring.
Hey bud,
15Amps - (an exension cord that gets plugged into any outlet)
is rated up to 1,800 Watts.

The "spectrum X" looks to have added 60x 660NM red diodes, along with 30UV diodes split between two LED light bars,
so 30x 660m/15UV on each of the 2x bars,
doesn't seem like you all sell the bars as standalone supplemental lighting, so I'll try to find some lighting bars with deeper red supplemental like the kingbrite 660/730NM IR deep red bars, looks like kingbrite also has 660/730IR/UV on some as well does get a little costly for these deep reds, would be nice if you had options for the ez-8 to chose between V1/F1 spectrums

@MedicGrow

looks like the booster bars from king brites I can get about 26x 660nm/24x 730nm reds for about $100 USD shipped from alibaba if anyone is planning on adding booster bars to this fixture,
they added 2x of them this strip has about the equivalency in reds added so I'm not sure if we should add one, or two, they also offer a 730nm/UV option which maybe would be a good pick for the second one,
would like to hear @MedicGrow opinion of if one 660/730nm bar like the one as showed should be added, or two, or if I should do 1x 660/730 bar, and 1x 730NM/390UV bar

kb.png

Hey bud,
15Amps - (an exension cord that gets plugged into any outlet)
is rated up to 1,800 Watts.

that is the cord and circuit max.. you are correct. get a kill-a watt and measure. 1800w is the max a standard household 15A breaker handles. which would work if only one draw. most household circuits have several (small) draws. delivery is not always optimum.

for known draws over 1000w on single fixtures / or a set, a 20A dedicated is the recommend. it's a 2x safety factor or over. 20A can sometimes require a different outlet as well.

edit: that should be 1000w - plus - steady draw.

that is the cord and circuit max.. you are correct. get a kill-a watt and measure. 1800w is the max a standard household 15A breaker handles. which would work if only one draw. most household circuits have several (small) draws. delivery is not always optimum.

for known draws over 1000w on single fixtures / or a set, a 20A dedicated is the recommend. it's a 2x safety factor or over. 20A can sometimes require a different outlet as well.
I've always been told never use over like 1500W on a singular outlet and you'd be fine,
If you plug in a toaster oven, you're using 1200-1400Watts and those don't require their own dedicated outlet.
15A=1800W
20A=2400W,

all fixtures I get, get wattaged tested this one 100% will as well upon arrival I ordered it saturday so hopefully will get in sometime this week or next and can update you.

I've always been told never use over like 1500W on a singular outlet and you'd be fine,
If you plug in a toaster oven, you're using 1200-1400Watts and those don't require their own dedicated outlet.
15A=1800W
20A=2400W

i'm a few hundred w plus off..
i just wired in 220v for a welder and was actually thinking about a 30A :rolleyes:

edit: 1500w is about all you're gonna get away with on most house circuits

i'm a few hundred w plus off..
i just wired in 220v for a welder and was actually thinking about a 30A :rolleyes:
Luckily we've upgraded the amperage of our house, so it's not stuck with just 50A or 30A like most modern homes.
This is what Google mentions about a 1000 TRUE watt HPS.

"A 1000w HPS or Metal Halide light takes 9 amps at 120 volts so you can only run one on a wall outlet circuit. ... A range outlet is typically 40 amps on an older house and 50 amps on a new house. Therefore you could run up to eight lights and 10 lights respectively"

Adding Amps to a house is a small fortune, spent a few grand doing a 50Amp plug at my house ran lil over 100 foot.

Luckily we've upgraded the amperage of our house, so it's not stuck with just 50A or 30A like most modern homes.
This is what Google mentions about a 1000 TRUE watt HPS.

"A 1000w HPS or Metal Halide light takes 9 amps at 120 volts so you can only run one on a wall outlet circuit. ... A range outlet is typically 40 amps on an older house and 50 amps on a new house. Therefore you could run up to eight lights and 10 lights respectively"

Adding Amps to a house is a small fortune, spent a few grand doing a 50Amp plug at my house ran lil over 100 foot.

i ran band production rigs off 50A. they were our smallest shows - weddings - etc. we'd pull power from a stove outlet (50A) if we had too. for small halls we had to roll a tiny 30A rig. lotsa small towns and stuff barely had enough to cover.

i ran band production rigs off 50A. they were our smallest shows - weddings - etc. we'd pull power from a stove outlet (50A) if we had too. for small halls we had to roll a tiny 30A rig. lotsa small towns and stuff barely had enough to cover.
yeah, 50A seems like a ton till you get to plugging stuff up and than you realize it's just a few appliances/ac, haha.

I live in a destination trailer,

I have 1 roof AC unit that runs about 1200-1500W, so we can take off 15A/50A off the bat, than it doesn't cover everywhere so I get one portable ac in my room, bam another like 10A, 25/50A, than if your water pump kicks on, or your microwave, with a TV on or something, I can easily trip a breaker, 50A is very easy to run thru it's crazy.

- anyone looking at trailers please find a 50A one, as if you're anything like me a 30Amp outlet will NOT cut it.-

1. Hey, the Ez-8 is definitely a 1000 W fixture. Thanks for your support! :kiss:
2. As for the par reading test, we are working on it right now and new videos will be launched, please stay tuned.
3. You can not add supplemental 660nm/730nm IR reds to the Ez-8 fixture directly. The V1 full spectrum is the well-balanced spectrum with a nice looking bump in 450nm blue and 660nm red that will cover from seed to harvest.
Still, if you want to add IR reds to make it a better "flowering" spectrum, you can check our spectrum X:

1624242110216.png

Thank you for the reply,
very excited to see the 5x5 par mapping of the Ez-8 done!

please add an option for the EZ8 1000W to have these bars added/sold separately with their own independent drivers not sure it's a fantastic idea to steer people to a 880W fixture over the 1000W because of the added UV/660nm bars, you'd be losing an additional 200W to the UV/660 bars, so it's really a 680W true fixture with 2 100W supplemental lighting would much rather add the 2 100W bars standalone to a 1000W fixture since it's such a great deal for the 1000W and I imagine it's better spread than the X, whilst costing like $500 less (cause ya don't get a spectrum controller/lighting switches and stuff and such ofc that adds to cost not trying to be rude or anything!)

would also appreciate if ya add the option of a F1/V1 spectrum for your Ez-8 upon purchase, along side updating the website with the quantity of diodes used,
also any reason why no 730NM in your fixtures as we've seen studies out showing the abilities of 730NM penetration's abilities?

cheers, looking forward to my fixture arriving!

yeah, 50A seems like a ton till you get to plugging stuff up and than you realize it's just a few appliances/ac, haha.

I live in a destination trailer,

I have 1 roof AC unit that runs about 1200-1500W, so we can take off 15A/50A off the bat, than it doesn't cover everywhere so I get one portable ac in my room, bam another like 10A, 25/50A, than if your water pump kicks on, or your microwave, with a TV on or something, I can easily trip a breaker, 50A is very easy to run thru it's crazy.

- anyone looking at trailers please find a 50A one, as if you're anything like me a 30Amp outlet will NOT cut it.-

at present i live in a basement apt. old but pretty good actually.

i can't run a 750w heater and a vacuum or microwave at the same time :p
i have to be careful with the tv and a couple things lol

i have my veg space here, it's only pulling 250w for light and air circulation, but i run a 750w heater on a thermostat in the space, that brings me to the abyss of that circuit. i can't run any more.

at present i live in a basement apt. old but pretty good actually.

i can't run a 750w heater and a vacuum or microwave at the same time :p
i have to be careful with the tv and a couple things lol

i have my veg space here, it's only pulling 250w for light and air circulation, but i run a 750w heater on a thermostat in the space, that brings me to the abyss of that circuit. i can't run any more.
now that seems like a constant juggling act to find enough watts, geez
that is rough!

now that seems like a constant juggling act to find enough watts, geez
that is rough!

it's not as bad as you'd think. the whole day / night cycle times out pretty good for overall usage. i share that circuit with part of two other apts. the wiring here is hilarious. my veg space is fused where i draw as a precaution.

Back
Top Bottom