Berry's DIY DWC Diesel and West Coast Funk Soil Grow

Thanks everyone for the kind words...

I think I am finally starting to get the hang of this feeding. The plants look great, i am underfeeding if anything. I took pics on 1/26 and they are awaiting approval. Will have them posted soon...i cant even believe how fast the hydro plants are growing!!

Man, it really is pretty simple. Especially the kind I am doing. I change the water once a week and up the nutes, add a gallon or two during the week to keep the water level up and keep the pH around 5.6 I have come to realize that a pH of 5.4-6.0 is fine for the plants, at least from what I can see. I am doing soil and dro right now at the same time, so ill get to see the differences. I cant wait to see them in 4 weeks...

Aight, im toasted. till later, peace:grinjoint:

- One part (5 ml) of the Flora series of nutrient
produces 768 gallons of nutrient mix per gallon of nutrient concentrate.

- Two parts (10 ml) of the Flora series of nutrient
produces 384 gallons of nutrient mix per gallon of nutrient concentrate.

- Three parts (15 ml) of the Flora series of nutrient
produces 256 gallons of nutrient mix per gallon of nutrient concentrate.

Seasonal usage depends on the stage of growth, the crop grown, and climate.
There is specific usage information on each bottle for individual crops.
One part is defined as 1 tsp or 5 ml per gallon of water.

1/4 part is 1/4 tsp or 1.25 ml of nutrient per gallon of water.
1-2-3 parts is 5ml to 10ml to 15 ml of nutrient per gallon of water.
2-2-2 parts is 10ml to 10ml to 10 ml of nutrient per gallon of water.
3-2-1 parts is 15ml to 10ml to 5 ml of nutrient per gallon of water.

Calculations

- ____Parts per gallon X 5ml= ml per gallon
- ____Gallons in Reservoir X ml per gallon= ml required for system
- ____ml for system divided by 30 ml per ounce= ounces required for system
- See above measurement conversions for cups, quarts, gallon usage
Example: FloraGro at 3 parts per gallon in a 50 gallon reservoir
- 3 Parts per gallon X 5ml of nutrient= 15 ml per gallon of nutrient
- 50 Gallons in Reservoir X 15 ml per gallon= 750 ml of nutrient for system
- 750 ml for system divided by 30 ml per ounce= 25 ounces nutrient for system

- 1 teaspoon= 5ml
- 3 teaspoon= 1 Tbsp= 15ml
- 2 Tablespoons= 1 oz= 30ml
- 1 cup= 8 oz= 236ml
- 2 cups= 1 pint=16oz= 473ml
- 2 pints= 1 qt=32oz= 946ml
- 4 quarts= 1 gallon=128 oz= 3785ml= 3.785 Liters

GENERAL HYDROPONICS (Nutrient Yield)

GENERAL HYDROPONICS (Nutrient Calculator)

Berry, are you still at 1200ppm? and is that for all of your plants or just the hydro?. Tell me oh wise one....does the Flora line of products work well for you? They seem to be. I'm moving this weekend and I will start building my GR Next week.
I'm proficient in the Plumbing trades so I hope to make a really trick system. However...I'm not proficient in the GR. Looking for the best nutrition possible. Is there a consensis on Brands. I know purity is big and I plan on using nothing but organic nutes.
Why did you choose the brand that you did?

Yes, the water pump is used to drain the water every week so I can change the water and up the nutes. It works very well.

Now that I am at week 3, I am now giving 1350 ppm of the blooming and ripening amounts. It tells you on the bottle how much. I used the GH nutes because they are easy to find round here and from the results I have seen when they are used.

Gotta roll, but ill put the pics up on here later.

Glad to hear from you BS420, and thanks for the praise. Here are the pics I took on the 26th. Believe me, things are soo much bigger now.

Miss_Blueberry.jpg

The blueberry. She is branching out a ton!

hydro_plant_leaf.jpg

A fan leaf from a hydro plant.

monster.jpg

Here's the diesel monster. Drinking over a gallon of water every 3 or 4 days!!

revegged_diesel.jpg

Here is the revegged diesel. It has some crazy branching!

side_flower_tub.jpg

The side of the hydro tub, showing height.

WCF_1.jpg

The shorter WCF plant.

WCF_3.jpg

The taller WCF plant

side_hydro_plant_shot.jpg

A side shot of a hydro...

top_flower_tub.jpg

Heres the top of the flowering hydro tub. I think 4 plants would be better than 5 in this system. Its so thick in there.

I noticed today I had a serious whitefly problem. I heavily sprayed all the plants with neem today, and will do it a few more times every 5 days. Hopefully that will work for them.

Im actually glad that 2nd hydro tub didnt work out cause there would not be enough room in my closet for all of the plants. There hardly is now!!

Hope you enjoy the pics...will have more soon. Peace! :grinjoint:

damn berry! thats look amazing! that dro system is kick ass. everythign in your grow room is bushy as fuck dude! great fucking job and push on buddy!

Thank you all...

See the crazy thing is that those pics were taken three days ago and there is such a difference in how much they have grown since then. The purple max is rediculous, it is supposed to "stack" bud sites closer, and I can tell its doin its job.

One thing that i dont know is why the hydro plants dont look like they have flowers yet. The diesel's and the BB are way far ahead, even though they are diesels taken off of the big plant. Maybe they will finish up later? I don't know if I should let all the plants go all 70 days...

Watch the water and nitrogen, those may be stretching instead of budding. They look very healthy to me, but it did look like some of them are reaching high :)

Are you saying I am giving too much nitrogen?? I am doing a complete wet/dry watering cycle. But you are correct, the WCF's are stretching like crazy even with the 1000W just 12 in above it.

I got plenty of room if they wanna be seven feet. I wouldnt care a bit, but I know they arent going to get that tall. I had to cut the strings holding big diesel monster down cause all the other plants are getting taller than it. My light is 5 ft. 2 in. above the floor right now. Im sure its going to need to get a little higher too.

I took some pics when I was watering earlier. They are awaiting approval. Everything is going to be way bigger than I expected. Its getting to the point where I am thinking about moving my closet door(which opens into the closet), to make it where it opens out of the closet. That would give me so much more room to work. I have one picture titled "the jungle". It'll give you a good idea about whats goin on.

One thing I know for sure is that I am not giving the hydro plants any more grow nutrients after friday, 2 of them are the tallest plants in the garden. I dont really know what Im gonna do with them, to be honest. I dont want to have to raise the light so high that all the other plants dont get enough light.

Ill post the pics when I get off work if they are approved by then. Until then, :grinjoint:

sounds great berry, its funny when you start flowering, one week everythings under control, the next week or two you have a jungle to contend with..Just make sure that diesel gets alot of light! Put those tall hydro plants to the sides of the room..

That sure is the truth. Its a really good thing that other hydro bin didnt work out or I would not have an inch of room to work with. The 1000W is located in the middle of the closet, all the plants are getting plenty of light, i can assure you. The tall hydro's are on the side of the room too, like you suggested.

Here are the pics taken earlier today (1/30)

Jungle.jpg

A view from the door...Welcome to the jungle!

big_blueberry.jpg

This is the blueberry. Has tons of budsites.

revegged_diesel1.jpg

This is the revegged clone that I flowered. Im not sure how much it will yield, im excited to find out.

WCF_11.jpg

WCF #1.

WCF_31.jpg

WCF#3. You can see the stretching, and there is no reason that it should be reaching for light with the 1000W, it has plenty to begin with. Hopefully it will have a good yield though.

little_crosses.jpg

These are some seeds I put down that I made last cycle. They are White Russian and White Russian X Blueberrry. I will be taking clones and be determining sexes, then flowering clones off of the females and getting mothers. A complicated process.

male_balls.jpg

Here are the balls from one of the males I am taking pollen from. I took pollen from 2 of them and put it on a diesel, WCF, and the Blueberry. So I should have a wide variety of seeds to play with after this.

So thats it for now, im tired. Peace :grinjoint:

Awesome! Cant wait to see those girls put on some weight. I think someone put it as gently as "like oprah at a buffet"... I could be wrong!

Back
Top Bottom