Big Foot Scrog In Coco

Here you can see some of the purple leaves. It's only on plant #1 and seems to be spreading.
b5123b51ce504718910424537e8341fd.jpg
1c057ba6e0e55b3b3522cb4799df2d4d.jpg
81f5e24623b38387aa093f2d2673735a.jpg
What is the temperature in your tent/area?

What is the temperature in your tent/area?
It goes from a high of maybe 75 or 76, to a low of 62 I think is the lowest it's been a good few nights though. Strangely I am Canadian (hi neighbour!) and somehow ended up using Fahrenheit.

It goes from a high of maybe 75 or 76, to a low of 62 I think is the lowest it's been a good few nights though. Strangely I am Canadian (hi neighbour!) and somehow ended up using Fahrenheit.
That's why you are getting purple leaves, cool isn't it? I did the same thing with my auto flower grow, when Temps are cooler the leaves will turn purple. I've even seen them turn almost blue.

That's why you are getting purple leaves, cool isn't it? I did the same thing with my auto flower grow, when Temps are cooler the leaves will turn purple. I've even seen them turn almost blue.
Ya it is cool, I ll be interested to see just how widespread it becomes. That plant still has a couple of weeks if not more to go.. I had a just a touch of purple in my purple kush from my first grow... I had read this strain has some purple tending phenos so we will see what happens!

I certainly hope not but I have 2 backup generators and a few solar panels just in case. Saving energy anyway that I can that's for sure. Might come in handy
Nice, I would love to have some solar panels and a battery the size of a bus! We have a small generator in case we need to run the fridge etc but we heat with wood so it's not very big, though it would run the farm if needed.

Nice, I would love to have some solar panels and a battery the size of a bus! We have a small generator in case we need to run the fridge etc but we heat with wood so it's not very big, though it would run the farm if needed.
You can bridge 5 or more car batteries together and have a power station easily. I want to add a few small wind turbines to add more power maybe in the spring I'll try it out and see if I can get it to work. I love side projects

Here you can see some of the purple leaves. It's only on plant #1 and seems to be spreading.
b5123b51ce504718910424537e8341fd.jpg
1c057ba6e0e55b3b3522cb4799df2d4d.jpg
81f5e24623b38387aa093f2d2673735a.jpg

High and good evening.
Been checking out your journal.
Beautiful flowers and interesting commentary.
+reps!

I hope everyone has survived the holidays! Had a few days away visiting the wife's family and had a great time despite some poor weather..
In the end I didn't get a friend to feed them while I was away, it was gonna be complicated with his plans and a storm that was forecast made us suspect he wouldn't be able to get in the 600' driveway. So they went about 87 hours with a drink. They were definitely in need of a drink but still moist 2+ inches down so I don't think they will be too terribly bothered (I hope). Gonna break out the magnifier here this evening to check trichs on girl 2. Dunno if it was the drought or what but the tent was even smellier than usual and girl 2 is looking frostier and chunkier than ever mmmm, also lots of faded out yellow fans.

Apologies for the horrendous pictures but thought some might be interested.. After reviewing 4 samples from a few top nugs of plant 2 I will call it 10 percent clear, 80 percent cloudy and 10 percent partly amber. The flush is on for her starting with the next (non) feed!
Plant 2 has practically no brown pistils even, the over N has slowed her down a lot I think, but only in elapsed time because the buds looking pretty sweet and they haven't even hit that late stage swelling yet.

Apologies for the horrendous pictures but thought some might be interested.. After reviewing 4 samples from a few top nugs of plant 2 I will call it 10 percent clear, 80 percent cloudy and 10 percent partly amber. The flush is on for her starting with the next (non) feed!
Plant 2 has practically no brown pistils even, the over N has slowed her down a lot I think, but only in elapsed time because the buds looking pretty sweet and they haven't even hit that late stage swelling yet.
3ba63789479493c656df516e30cae413.jpg
43a52609a4de04e2016031ea655e242d.jpg
dbf75f14f0130e0491ac83113fe2ec33.jpg

Haha nice one mate, think you've hit some of that amber gold ;)

I don't think the few days without feeding done any harm but quite the opposite. I think the smell you described upon your return might be a sign of the THC defence mechanism thing we talked about before.

Can't wait to see these finish mate, I haven't seen any of your other gardens but have a feeling this is one you'll always remember ;)

Well the smell punched me in the face when I opened the tent, I mean it was smelling awesome before but this seemed to be like 3 times more potent if I had to quantify it.. I have to go outside in the morning and sniff the tent exhaust lol see how that carbon filter is working.
I believe it about the stress response, especially now! I have to say they aren't the biggest colas ever, some aren't stacked that closely but there is like 30 of them maybe, I haven't bothered to count them. I think they were a bit more crowded than optimal perhaps. I'll jar it all for a few weeks then decide whether to make some into oil or not. Might just keep the beautiful tops for smoking as flower.
The other plant being so far behind is sure messing with my insatiable urge to germinate a Strawberry Cough.

Plant 1 which was getting some purple has gone way more purple in the last 24 hours. Plant 2 only has a couple of specks. Got down to 61 in the tent for an hour or so hours during lights out. My concern now is if it is too soon to have number 1 turning purple.. Does that affect photosynthesis or what? I am thinking she has 14 days before even starting to flush for a week hopefully.

Think I'm going to need a detailed taste description when you spark up that first joint mate ;)
You will get one Joe! I vary between smoking joints, bongs, vaporizer, and a dab rig for concentrates so I will get a good feel for her! Definitely the popcorn and trim will be qwiso, last year I made a batch with purple kush and it was so good, tasted just how the ripe cured buds smelled. Earthy peppery pungent with a big rush of sweetness on the exhale. I am getting pretty pumped about it haha! I am thinking it's going to be a very sweet kind of tangy skunkiness or spiciness of sorts. It's a hard to describe odour honestly it has lost some of that particular bubble gum smell but it's still noticeable.

You will get one Joe! I vary between smoking joints, bongs, vaporizer, and a dab rig for concentrates so I will get a good feel for her! Definitely the popcorn and trim will be qwiso, last year I made a batch with purple kush and it was so good, tasted just how the ripe cured buds smelled. Earthy peppery pungent with a big rush of sweetness on the exhale. I am getting pretty pumped about it haha! I am thinking it's going to be a very sweet kind of tangy skunkiness or spiciness of sorts. It's a hard to describe odour honestly it has lost some of that particular bubble gum smell but it's still noticeable.

Loving the detail mate, made the lemon I'm smoking taste like s***

I've found a longer flush helps to keep the purple (and yellow?) at bay. Mine are always a mixture of yellow and purple if they do change and although yellowing is to be expected towards the end i get a bit paranoid and go for a two-three week flush just so there isn't any chance of nute damage to what leaves are left.

I've honestly had the best tasting bud from the longer flush. Some might say it's too long but I think it genuinely works.

But I think I definitely lose weight by doing the flush. I'm more than happy to do that most of the time but in my current garden I need yield. It's the best looking garden I've had so far but I have a feeling I'm going to be losing potency in favour of yield. Needs must but I've got a plan that should hopefully see the two marry up.

I'm not an expert mate, my knowledge has come from 13 years of f*** ups ;) have a read up or ask about, I think the purple will affect photosynthesis but I'm basing that on my knowledge of chlorophyll being green ;)

Back
Top Bottom