BizzBeachbum - BioBizz Soil & Nutes - AutoUtlimate & AutoEuphoria

Day 76 - except for Leela (flushed) the girls got fed this afternoon - 4 days since their last. Nutes are 1/2 of published strength unless stated otherwise.

3L water per plant mixed with:
CalMag 0.5ml/L
Bio-Grow 0.5ml/L (1/8 published strength)
Bio-Bloom 3 ml/L (3/4 published strength)
Top-Max 2 ml/L
Bio-Heaven 2.5 ml/L
Alc-A-Mic 2 ml/L
ActiVera 2.5 ml/L

Day 76 - I flushed Leela Turanga a few hours ago - I didn't go as long as the recommended 30min-1hr - it was really cold water

It's best to use room temp water, roots don't like cold ;)

Be interested to know what are everyone's favourite smoking strains?

I like the cookie crosses :volcano-smiley:

I've chosen autos mainly because I'm a noob and because it's like autos have training-wheels on.

I beg to differ (to a certain extent)
With autos you have to keep up with their schedule and if you don't get it right you loose quality and quantity, with photos you can keep them in veg until you have them under control and only loose time.
Of course there are some strains/pheno that are more finicky than other, but that goes for autos as well.
This being said photoperiod plants often encounter problems in flower and not in veg
Also with autos you never get the ''true'' genetics of a strain and most of the elite stuff is photoperiod and you have a much larger catalogue to choose from.

I always feed cool water like 60 65°f is good for me in flower. Rain water can be pretty cool but I grow in coco which is technically hydro so it may be different.

I know some people do cold water flushes at the end to bring out any potential colors. But i wouldnt go too cold.

As far as photo vs auto it's a preference thing, but all the most sought after strains are normally photoperiod. And its really no tougher than you would think.

Set timer. Be sure to stand in the tent for a few mins when the lights are off to ensure there are no light leaks in the tent.
Don't be dumb and open it during lights off.

And that's it really....

As far as strains I don't know. There's a lot of hype around a ton of North American breeders right now but I rarely see any good producers. Not that I grow for weight but still.

I'm a sucker for purples the skunky earthy pungent fruity ones.

I must ask why Auto's? Have you not had the urge to run some photo?
Yeah - but only because an interesting strain might not have an Auto equivalent - like Strawberry Cough from Dutch Passion. I've chosen autos mainly because I'm a noob and because it's like autos have training-wheels on.
Also with autos you never get the ''true'' genetics of a strain and most of the elite stuff is photoperiod and you have a much larger catalogue to choose from
As far as photo vs auto it's a preference thing, but all the most sought after strains are normally photoperiod. And its really no tougher than you would think.

I've come to a decision - every-time I think about my decision it gets me exited - which usually means I've made the right choice. I have not posted these last few days (just popped in to a few journals) because you guys have given me a lot to think about and I wanted to consider all my feeling before replying - the result surprised me.

It's gonna be photo-period for next round.

Ordered seeds - straight from Dutch Passion - delivery in 3 -10 days.

What it boils down to is this - which would smoke better? Dutch Passion's Regular Durban Poison will outdo their Auto Durban Poison, no question. I do love Durban but I've only ever had the original plant. If I'm to give the new selectively-bred variety it's due respect, then I've gotta go photo.

I've given myself a talking-to about my fears - and I know you guys will be here to guide me through - thanks for the confidence you have instilled in me dudes. Wanna make this Durban grow a typical example of strain so I can judge properly against the landrace plant.

I think you should do a taste test! The auto will be done same time the reg ready to get flipped.

Of course - so simple. That's a great idea dude. Gonna explore that thought.

What light schedule is generally used for photos in veg - will it be compatible with autos? (I've used 18/6 or 19/5)

How long do photos generally stay in veg - roughly how many weeks from sprout to flip? Their Auto Durban Poison is 10-11 weeks seed to harvest - while their Fem Durban Poison is 8.5 weeks in flower.
So much to research and think about, but it's a tantalising idea. :nomo:

Of course - so simple. That's a great idea dude. Gonna explore that thought.

What light schedule is generally used for photos in veg - will it be compatible with autos? (I've used 18/6 or 19/5)

How long do photos generally stay in veg - roughly how many weeks from sprout to flip? Their Auto Durban Poison is 10-11 weeks seed to harvest - while their Fem Durban Poison is 8.5 weeks in flower.
So much to research and think about, but it's a tantalising idea. :nomo:
Photos need 12/12 light to get them to flower. You decide how long to veg by the light schedule.

Ok - some quick research findings - all of which, I'm sure, you guys know already.

Photos are on the same veg light schedule as autos - simple. Just flip to 12/12.

Autos can take being flipped to 12/12 in final few weeks (or even whole grow) but with a reduced yield.

I'm not bothered by a reduced yield, if I'm really just comparing the smoke right. :ganjamon:

Photos need 12/12 light to get them to flower. You decide how long to veg by the light schedule.

Howzit Derby - can't wait for the long weekend :yahoo: so I can catch up with you and so many others.

The Dutch Passion Auto Durban Poison is 10 weeks seed to harvest - would you have your Photo in veg all that time?

Wow 12 week flower would drive me insane lol. I'd probably pull off every bud to test before it was ripe! Maybe plant autos and 5 weeks later plant regulars?

:laugh: - 10-11 weeks seed to harvest for the Auto and 8.5 weeks in flower for the the Photo - So if planted at same time it would give the photo only 1.5-2.5 weeks for veg. To extend that, as you say, I could plant the Auto #weeks before the Photo.

Yeah I mean I think 4 to 6 weeks in veg is normal. Idk autos are an entire different ball game. But far more consistent also

Start them at the same time and let the auto enjoy as many hours of light as possible, but do the grow for the photos, autos will do just fine following suit.

You might want to keep veg time relatively short with an almost pure sativa like that, during the first couple of weeks after flip to flower it will stretch at least 200% and most likely more.
And maybe flip to 11/13 rather than 12/12 to kickstart flowering.

Back
Top Bottom