Black pepper a cure for cannabis related anxiety?

Thing is whatever works is good. If someone doesn't believe in someone else's belief there is no need to degrade their opinion, especially when researchers are using this to better the life of people. There's a lot of research going on into many different areas concerning Cannabis at the moment, knowledge is worthwhile :thumb:

I'm not sure if that's a lot of rambling or a lot of attacks going on there TS.

No attacks, simply looking for more information.

Questioning pretty much everybody's competence in harvesting windows, nutrients, amount they spend and did you just call me mental?

I question EVERYTHING. Don't you? Does not everyone, other than those who pattern their behavior after sheep, lol? I get asked questions, too. One assumes that we all do... People not being mindless automatons and all. And, no, I do not believe that I just called you "mental." Aside from the obvious, I'd have to define the term in regards to how I mean it (since it is an overused term which everyone defines just a little bit differently, IMHO).

In case you were not cognizant of it, asking for clarification or even questioning specific results/outcomes/etc. is NOT the same thing as questioning someone's competence. Personally, I believe it would be far more beneficial to actually receive answers to such questions than to see someone get their undergarments rumpled, lol. But if that's all you can contribute, so be it. It's not big deal, I guess.

If I happened to be the person in Michigan, and felt that I was spending more - or even a comparable amount - to grow my cannabis than I could buy it for... I would be thankful that someone else tried to help. But maybe that's just me?

If I was married to a woman who had a bad experience with cannabis at a young age, an experience that caused lasting effects... Well, knowing more about the mechanics of such a thing might not help me or my wife personally, but it might help others (which I would appreciate, since it could help prevent the same thing from happening to others). And it might help me understand things a little better, which I would consider to be a good thing. Again, maybe that's just me?

Basically, whenever I ask questions, it is out of a desire to add to my understanding - and, often, to either help others or to add to my ability to do so in the future. <SCRATCHES HEAD> Maybe that's just me, too, lol? I would think not - or at least hope not.

IDK. Maybe it would have helped if I had used the multi-quote option so that I could address each of my questions/comments specifically to the words I was responding to each time. But I have been having some issues where numerous posts that I quoted (using the multi-quote function) showed up when I opened a reply message entry box. And not just once, or even once per quote, but several times. Unless/until I figure it out, I have been opening several tabs with a (single-)quoted reply in each, then copying them all into one tab's reply box, editing them down to just the bits that I want to reply to, doing so, and then closing the other tabs. And I was in a bit of a rush and simply did not feel that I had the time to do that.

You could be right as per me

Oh wait - are you that person's wife? From the context, I had assumed that she was not a member (or at least not a posting one).

passive aggressive

Lol. My aggressiveness is never passive; I do not look at life as being a spectator sport.

and then call it rambling

<SHRUGS> Lots of people (on lots of forums) have called my writing style "rambling." At some point, I began to see the truth in their words. These days, I will sometimes mention it myself.

we've been there before and attacks are attacks no need to paint it as anything other than it is.

You're not one of those "If you don't agree with me, then you're not my friend" sort, are you? Or someone who goes through life thinking that everyone else is out to get them, lol? I found some time ago that such an attitude was counterproductive, interfered with one's ability to carry on worthwhile communications, and generally made it difficult to have a good day. Try not to take everything you see personally - you'll have less stress that way. Rest assured that, if I ever feel the need to attack someone (unlikely as that scenario is), AND that they were of sufficient importance in my world to make such a thing worth the effort... that I would mention you by name. And... I cannot think of any reason why I should consider you thusly, to be honest.

I'm curious as to the question of red pepper being better than black pepper though

As pertains to the subject of this thread, I have no idea whether it is "better" or not. That's sort of why I asked if anyone (who is posting or at least reading in this thread) had tried it for the purpose. As I have mentioned, it comes from a different plant. Well... people seem to mean (one of) several plants when they refer to red pepper - but none of them are the vine Piper nigrum, from which green, white, and red pepper come from.

is it the link to stomach cancer and ulcers that you mean? That's just another side of a theory with no concrete evidence that I'm aware of, I'd like to know more if you have evidence otherwise.

I am talking about the safrole that is in black pepper, yes. It does appear to be a mild carcinogen (/insecticide/precursor to an illicit substance), and to cause permanent liver damage in some animals. I think that's why it was banned from sassafras tea (it is also found in that plant) in 1960. The FDA still considers it to be a carcinogenic, as does the European Commission on Health and Consumer Protection (IIRC, they also consider it to be genotoxic). It does appear to have the ability to cause cancer growth in rodents. As to the question of whether or not this ability carries over into homo sapien is less clear and still seems to be debated. Two of the carcinogenic metabolites of safrole that are present in rats' urine after consuming the substance do not appear in human urine, but this by itself is not enough to state without a doubt that safrole is not carcinogenic to people. It does suggest it, lol - but not prove it.

My opinion is that, even if it does turn out to be so, it is more along the lines of something that... contributes to the likelihood of getting cancer, so to speak. That's how I look at many things - some substances are almost guaranteed to cause cancer in a high percentage of whatever population they are exposed to, but many seem to only increase the probability. Nonetheless, there appears to be a much higher incidence of cancer (as a percentage of the population, not just in absolute numbers) now than there was in the past, even allowing for such factors as (generally) longer lifespans and better diagnosis (IOW, higher chance of failing to identify cancer as the cause of death in the past). I have a theory that a significant percentage of the cancers are caused by not one but several (perhaps even many) things that all acted in a contributory fashion. Therefore, even if safrole is ever conclusively found to be a carcinogen to us, I would consider it to be likely to cause cancer by itself. <SHRUGS> I still think it an important thing to discuss, though. I would guess that more than a few members have, had, or will have cancer at some point. Having some idea about which substances (and the things that they are found in) might better enable a person to decide whether or not he/she would benefit from removing certain ones from their diet/environment (or at least cutting down on them).

I wish we as a species had the ability to give everything a number (say, from zero to 1,000?) in terms of its ability to cause - or contribute to causing - cancer. That, plus an ability to list different "levels" (500, 700, 800, et cetera) and give a set of odds of developing cancer for an "average" person, combined with being able to examine a person (/their blood/their genes/etc.) and give them a specific multiplier (e.g., Joe Human is 1.0005 times as likely than the average person to develop cancer)... All of that would, IMHO, allow us to greatly reduce the incidence of cancer in the population. Alas, it does not appear that we will be capable of it today, or even tomorrow. One day, perhaps.

But that is getting off-topic. I mainly wanted to know if anyone had tried red pepper as an aid to reducing anxiety and thought that, if someone had and it worked, that it might be a viable alternative to black pepper for those who are concerned about safrole.

Along the same lines, I appreciate the various mentions of other substances in this thread that were - or might be - helpful for dealing with anxiety. I do not belittle the issue; in fact, it is one that both I and some of the people who are important to me share with you. I cannot easily set up an experiment along the lines of the thread, because - as has been previously stated - when it comes to anxiety and panic attacks, for me, cannabis is not causative in nature, it is preventative. IOW, I cannot use it in order to set up a safe, controlled situation in which I have something guaranteed to cause an attack to happen so as to quickly be able to see what (if anything) out of a set of things help fight it.

No attacks, simply looking for more information.

I question EVERYTHING. Don't you? Does not everyone, other than those who pattern their behavior after sheep, lol? I get asked questions, too. One assumes that we all do... People not being mindless automatons and all. And, no, I do not believe that I just called you "mental." Aside from the obvious, I'd have to define the term in regards to how I mean it (since it is an overused term which everyone defines just a little bit differently, IMHO).

In case you were not cognizant of it, asking for clarification or even questioning specific results/outcomes/etc. is NOT the same thing as questioning someone's competence. Personally, I believe it would be far more beneficial to actually receive answers to such questions than to see someone get their undergarments rumpled, lol. But if that's all you can contribute, so be it. It's not big deal, I guess.

If I happened to be the person in Michigan, and felt that I was spending more - or even a comparable amount - to grow my cannabis than I could buy it for... I would be thankful that someone else tried to help. But maybe that's just me?

If I was married to a woman who had a bad experience with cannabis at a young age, an experience that caused lasting effects... Well, knowing more about the mechanics of such a thing might not help me or my wife personally, but it might help others (which I would appreciate, since it could help prevent the same thing from happening to others). And it might help me understand things a little better, which I would consider to be a good thing. Again, maybe that's just me?

Basically, whenever I ask questions, it is out of a desire to add to my understanding - and, often, to either help others or to add to my ability to do so in the future. <SCRATCHES HEAD> Maybe that's just me, too, lol? I would think not - or at least hope not.

IDK. Maybe it would have helped if I had used the multi-quote option so that I could address each of my questions/comments specifically to the words I was responding to each time. But I have been having some issues where numerous posts that I quoted (using the multi-quote function) showed up when I opened a reply message entry box. And not just once, or even once per quote, but several times. Unless/until I figure it out, I have been opening several tabs with a (single-)quoted reply in each, then copying them all into one tab's reply box, editing them down to just the bits that I want to reply to, doing so, and then closing the other tabs. And I was in a bit of a rush and simply did not feel that I had the time to do that.

Oh wait - are you that person's wife? From the context, I had assumed that she was not a member (or at least not a posting one).

Lol. My aggressiveness is never passive; I do not look at life as being a spectator sport.

<SHRUGS> Lots of people (on lots of forums) have called my writing style "rambling." At some point, I began to see the truth in their words. These days, I will sometimes mention it myself.

You're not one of those "If you don't agree with me, then you're not my friend" sort, are you? Or someone who goes through life thinking that everyone else is out to get them, lol? I found some time ago that such an attitude was counterproductive, interfered with one's ability to carry on worthwhile communications, and generally made it difficult to have a good day. Try not to take everything you see personally - you'll have less stress that way. Rest assured that, if I ever feel the need to attack someone (unlikely as that scenario is), AND that they were of sufficient importance in my world to make such a thing worth the effort... that I would mention you by name. And... I cannot think of any reason why I should consider you thusly, to be honest.

As pertains to the subject of this thread, I have no idea whether it is "better" or not. That's sort of why I asked if anyone (who is posting or at least reading in this thread) had tried it for the purpose. As I have mentioned, it comes from a different plant. Well... people seem to mean (one of) several plants when they refer to red pepper - but none of them are the vine Piper nigrum, from which green, white, and red pepper come from.

I am talking about the safrole that is in black pepper, yes. It does appear to be a mild carcinogen (/insecticide/precursor to an illicit substance), and to cause permanent liver damage in some animals. I think that's why it was banned from sassafras tea (it is also found in that plant) in 1960. The FDA still considers it to be a carcinogenic, as does the European Commission on Health and Consumer Protection (IIRC, they also consider it to be genotoxic). It does appear to have the ability to cause cancer growth in rodents. As to the question of whether or not this ability carries over into homo sapien is less clear and still seems to be debated. Two of the carcinogenic metabolites of safrole that are present in rats' urine after consuming the substance do not appear in human urine, but this by itself is not enough to state without a doubt that safrole is not carcinogenic to people. It does suggest it, lol - but not prove it.

My opinion is that, even if it does turn out to be so, it is more along the lines of something that... contributes to the likelihood of getting cancer, so to speak. That's how I look at many things - some substances are almost guaranteed to cause cancer in a high percentage of whatever population they are exposed to, but many seem to only increase the probability. Nonetheless, there appears to be a much higher incidence of cancer (as a percentage of the population, not just in absolute numbers) now than there was in the past, even allowing for such factors as (generally) longer lifespans and better diagnosis (IOW, higher chance of failing to identify cancer as the cause of death in the past). I have a theory that a significant percentage of the cancers are caused by not one but several (perhaps even many) things that all acted in a contributory fashion. Therefore, even if safrole is ever conclusively found to be a carcinogen to us, I would consider it to be likely to cause cancer by itself. <SHRUGS> I still think it an important thing to discuss, though. I would guess that more than a few members have, had, or will have cancer at some point. Having some idea about which substances (and the things that they are found in) might better enable a person to decide whether or not he/she would benefit from removing certain ones from their diet/environment (or at least cutting down on them).

I wish we as a species had the ability to give everything a number (say, from zero to 1,000?) in terms of its ability to cause - or contribute to causing - cancer. That, plus an ability to list different "levels" (500, 700, 800, et cetera) and give a set of odds of developing cancer for an "average" person, combined with being able to examine a person (/their blood/their genes/etc.) and give them a specific multiplier (e.g., Joe Human is 1.0005 times as likely than the average person to develop cancer)... All of that would, IMHO, allow us to greatly reduce the incidence of cancer in the population. Alas, it does not appear that we will be capable of it today, or even tomorrow. One day, perhaps.

But that is getting off-topic. I mainly wanted to know if anyone had tried red pepper as an aid to reducing anxiety and thought that, if someone had and it worked, that it might be a viable alternative to black pepper for those who are concerned about safrole.

Along the same lines, I appreciate the various mentions of other substances in this thread that were - or might be - helpful for dealing with anxiety. I do not belittle the issue; in fact, it is one that both I and some of the people who are important to me share with you. I cannot easily set up an experiment along the lines of the thread, because - as has been previously stated - when it comes to anxiety and panic attacks, for me, cannabis is not causative in nature, it is preventative. IOW, I cannot use it in order to set up a safe, controlled situation in which I have something guaranteed to cause an attack to happen so as to quickly be able to see what (if anything) out of a set of things help fight it.

Ok, glad you cleared that up, not passive aggressiveness just questions instead of being a sheep right? I'm guessing that either you struggle to put your questions forward in a non aggressive way or I have trouble in seeing your questions for what they are, instead of seeing them as attacks. I'm on my phone out and about at the moment so I can't grant your response the time it deserves, possibly later when I get back home and onto my PC. In the meantime thanks for clearing that up, and btw I'm not one of 'those' that thinks if people don't agree with me they're not my friend, I respect productive and constructive discussion, I just dislike attacks and passive aggressive people when they add nothing constructive to the discussion :thumb:

The really interesting thing about these terpenes is that they bind to the cannabinoid receptors so they actually modulate the way we receive THC. Many strains exhibit similar cannabinoid profiles
But pack a different buzz. Some more anxiety producing or suppressing than others. It's cool that we can modulate the experience by adding in a terpene here or there.

In related news, aromatherapy practitioners just gained some legitimacy!

My high brix produce has cured 10 days so far. I have sampled a couple times.

First time, I had anxiety just thinking about the anxiety I would get... lol

I took one small hit with no black pepper. The lack of THC induced anxiety actually calmed me down. I had heard rumors that high brix may not be so edgy. Doc suggested I try with no black pepper. He also suggested mango.

Cool... no anxiety off one small hit.

Last night I rolled a blunt for my GF. I peeled the mango, took a bite and... yuck! Hate mangoes. I forced down another small bite then threw it away. Took 2 big hits off the blunt, and I was stoned!!!

I was right on the edge of anxiety, but not to the point I felt the need for black pepper.

I'm thinking it's the Jack Herer that's crossed into the Jock Horror (Jack Herer x Skunk x Haze). I'm reading it's high in pinene.

Weird though. I've smoked this exact strain grown in hydro and I wanted to crawl into a cave and hide from the world after one bong hit.

Weird though. I've smoked this exact strain grown in hydro and I wanted to crawl into a cave and hide from the world after one bong hit.

At the risk of having someone else get angry with me, I find myself wondering if the one grown via hydroponic method might have been harvested after a shorter flowering period than the soil-grown crop. Or if it was a different phenotype (or were both grows of clones from the same mother plant?).

At the risk of having someone else get angry with me, I find myself wondering if the one grown via hydroponic method might have been harvested after a shorter flowering period than the soil-grown crop. Or if it was a different phenotype (or were both grows of clones from the same mother plant?).

I'd stick my head in a bucket of sand if it would help with THC induced anxiety... :rofl:

It is possible it was harvested too early/different pheno, but doesn't explain why multiple strains over the last 20 years correlate to anxiety, unless every one was harvested too early. If that's my luck, I need to play the lottery.

Regardless, what can be done about THC induced anxiety if it does happen? That's what I'm trying to learn.

I need to try black pepper with a strain that hasn't been grown high brix. I'll do that this weekend coming up. First, no pepper to make sure I get the anxiety, then next night black pepper first.

Like has been said... even if it is just a placebo and it works, that's awesome. I've met a lot of people who don't smoke because of the anxiety associated with cannabis. We are just here trying to get a better understanding of what works and what doesn't.

Tortured, opposing viewpoints are what make a discussion worthy. If something can't hold to criticism then it must be discarded. I would ask though that you go to the first page and read the intro post, and click the link to the pharmacology paper. It will help you to understand where all this is coming from. Then google anxiolytic terpenes. The research is there. Take a look and see what you think!

Oh and masonman, stay away from the mangoes. They make more THC and terps cross the blood brain barrier. For you that may not be a great thing right now. That's why two hits got you stoned.

High Brix or not my herb can cause me to have panic or anxiety. Twister, Huck Kush, Tutankhamon, they have all given me anxiety at some point or another. Paranoid thoughts, anxiety, racing heart, I get these from time to time. I reach for the black pepper and it is like breathing fresh air.

Beta caryophellene is the terp in Black pepper for anti anxiety. Limonene(lemon peel) and Linalool (lavender) are other anxiolytic terps found in cannabis. Alpha pinene is a stimulant so I would think it could be anxiogenic instead of anxiolytic. Apigenin is a flavonoid not a terpene but is found in cannabis and chamomile tea and can be anxiolytic as well.

anxiolytic: reduces anxiety
anxiogenic: creates anxiety

Oh and masonman, stay away from the mangoes. They make more THC and terps cross the blood brain barrier. For you that may not be a great thing right now. That's why two hits got you stoned.

High Brix or not my herb can cause me to have panic or anxiety. Twister, Huck Kush, Tutankhamon, they have all given me anxiety at some point or another. Paranoid thoughts, anxiety, racing heart, I get these from time to time. I reach for the black pepper and it is like breathing fresh air.

Beta caryophellene is the terp in Black pepper for anti anxiety. Limonene(lemon peel) and Linalool (lavender) are other anxiolytic terps found in cannabis. Alpha pinene is a stimulant so I would think it could be anxiogenic instead of anxiolytic. Apigenin is a flavonoid not a terpene but is found in cannabis and chamomile tea and can be anxiolytic as well.

anxiolytic: reduces anxiety
anxiogenic: creates anxiety

Yeah, I got to lay off the tentacle porn and do some research... :rofl:

I've been lazy and relying on others...

Thanks for the great info.

/hates mangoes

I have a bottle of D limonene pills. I use them for indigestion/heartburn but they were cheap I recommend if you get panick attacks you should pick up a bottle

Sent from my SM-G920P using 420

I have a bottle of D limonene pills.

Is that the substance that smells like oranges (in its liquid form, I mean)?

I recently saw a pepper-flavored CBD product for sale at some website or other. I thought that was kind of cool.

Is that the substance that smells like oranges (in its liquid form, I mean)?

I recently saw a pepper-flavored CBD product for sale at some website or other. I thought that was kind of cool.
Yes. It's the terpene in an orange peel that smells like an orange. Used in household cleaners because it's a great solvent. Actually been shown to dissolve cholesterol. Gives weed it's sour/lemony smell

Yes. It's the terpene in an orange peel that smells like an orange.

I only know about it because WAY back in high school, one of my science teachers demonstrated that it was flammable by squeezing the rind near a flame. Heh... He was like, "For this demonstration, I need a lighter. Mr. ~TS~...," lol. And so, without thinking, I reached in my pocket and pulled out my "WHOOPS, that's not my lighter, it's my... err... car keys. Hang on, let me check my other pocket." He was pretty cool - and not just "pretty cool for an old-fart teacher." He knew how to capture students' interest with little demonstrations, and "this concept in the real world type stories. He drove an old beat-up pickup truck and occasionally forgot to remove his rifles from the gun rack in the back window, lol. And... midway through my high school experience, they banned students from smoking on school property. Now this was a pretty good rule, because most of the students weren't 18. But a lot of us more or less ignored it, smoked in our cars, smoked at the very edge of the property, et cetera. <COUGH> Some of us ignored it a little more... forcefully than others :rolleyes3 . This was a multiple-building campus, and there was a big building that you could walk around going from the parking lot to the other buildings, or you could walk through as it consisted of one long straight hallway with rooms on each side, and a set of doors at each end. I and some of the crowd that hung with me tended to cut through the building because we tended to get back (err... when we remembered to go back ;) ) about 30 seconds before the "you are now LATE" bell rang five minutes after the end of the lunch period. About half the time I remembered that I had a cigarette in my hand when I was already in the middle of that hallway... If that happened and I ran into a teacher, I just cupped it, stuck my hand in my coat pocket, and speed-walked on through (as we'd be "just about late," this generally wasn't a problem, because the teacher(s) figured we were in a rush to get to class). But a bunch of us ran into him one afternoon and... yep. He must have known something was up (seems like something always was... ;) ), because he decided to have a conversation. After a couple of minutes, he finally cracked up, and when he finished laughing, told me to go put my coat pocket out and get to class, lol.

Ah, high school. When I recall SOME of the teachers I had, their dedication, and all the effort they spent on their students (and ME)... I'm kind of ashamed that I allowed my (school) education to stop after high school. A lot of them figured I'd go far. Some of them undoubtedly figured I'd go to prison :LOL: . I guess I disappointed them all...

Anyway, that's when I learned about D limonene. He called it an aromatic, said you could add a hint of scent to all kinds of things. Even mentioned that some people liked to save their orange and/or lemon peels and squeeze them over their bathwater - or even to just squeeze them into the air and inhale - for a little mood booster.

Actually been shown to dissolve cholesterol.

THAT, I did not know. I probably ought to be taking the stuff regularly - and at maximum dosage. I'm probably a MAJOR candidate for heart attack or stroke. Chest pains are nothing new to me, but the doctor said what'd finally be the actual cause of death after my father hung on so long was his heart giving out, but he fought and fought right up until he pretty much suffocated (drowned?). So probably a stroke. Or... IDK, from like age twelve my at-rest pulse rate has been 113 or above every time I checked it, so... who knows. But one or the other. I actually had my cholesterol checked once back in the mid-90s during one of those "free tests at the health fair" deals. I forget what the number was, but I remember the person giving a long, low whistle - and giving me a speech about it. Since one of my favorite meals at the time was a huge plate full of pizza rolls - which I'd use to consume about half a jar of Hellman's Real Mayonnaise by dipping them, and many other things I ate... weren't nearly that healthy, I figured the best thing I could do was not have any more tests done. That kind of stuff - plus a whole lot more stupidity - has really started to catch up with me, though. IDK, though, I really don't. It's like when they say, "If you quit smoking NOW, in 21 years your lungs will be almost like you never smoked!" I hear that and wonder... "21 years... What's the point, then?" Might as well say, "If you soak all your joints in pig urine every morning, in 650 years you'll not have any arthritis." Or something.

IDK... I guess I could use a really strong anti-depressant smell right now. My favorite is Scent of a Woman with a Hint of Rose on the Side, lol. But it's a little late in the evening for that one unless I wanted to go with the knockoff, Stink of a Stripper with a Dollar Bill Stuck to the Side :yikes: . And, well, you know... There's "not so healthy" err, eating habits - and then there's "suicidal." Even I have to draw the line somewhere (these days ;) ).

I only know about it because WAY back in high school, one of my science teachers demonstrated that it was flammable by squeezing the rind near a flame. Heh... He was like, "For this demonstration, I need a lighter. Mr. ~TS~...," lol. And so, without thinking, I reached in my pocket and pulled out my "WHOOPS, that's not my lighter, it's my... err... car keys. Hang on, let me check my other pocket." He was pretty cool - and not just "pretty cool for an old-fart teacher." He knew how to capture students' interest with little demonstrations, and "this concept in the real world type stories. He drove an old beat-up pickup truck and occasionally forgot to remove his rifles from the gun rack in the back window, lol. And... midway through my high school experience, they banned students from smoking on school property. Now this was a pretty good rule, because most of the students weren't 18. But a lot of us more or less ignored it, smoked in our cars, smoked at the very edge of the property, et cetera. <COUGH> Some of us ignored it a little more... forcefully than others :rolleyes3 . This was a multiple-building campus, and there was a big building that you could walk around going from the parking lot to the other buildings, or you could walk through as it consisted of one long straight hallway with rooms on each side, and a set of doors at each end. I and some of the crowd that hung with me tended to cut through the building because we tended to get back (err... when we remembered to go back ;) ) about 30 seconds before the "you are now LATE" bell rang five minutes after the end of the lunch period. About half the time I remembered that I had a cigarette in my hand when I was already in the middle of that hallway... If that happened and I ran into a teacher, I just cupped it, stuck my hand in my coat pocket, and speed-walked on through (as we'd be "just about late," this generally wasn't a problem, because the teacher(s) figured we were in a rush to get to class). But a bunch of us ran into him one afternoon and... yep. He must have known something was up (seems like something always was... ;) ), because he decided to have a conversation. After a couple of minutes, he finally cracked up, and when he finished laughing, told me to go put my coat pocket out and get to class, lol.

Ah, high school. When I recall SOME of the teachers I had, their dedication, and all the effort they spent on their students (and ME)... I'm kind of ashamed that I allowed my (school) education to stop after high school. A lot of them figured I'd go far. Some of them undoubtedly figured I'd go to prison . . I guess I disappointed them all...

Anyway, that's when I learned about D limonene. He called it an aromatic, said you could add a hint of scent to all kinds of things. Even mentioned that some people liked to save their orange and/or lemon peels and squeeze them over their bathwater - or even to just squeeze them into the air and inhale - for a little mood booster.

THAT, I did not know. I probably ought to be taking the stuff regularly - and at maximum dosage. I'm probably a MAJOR candidate for heart attack or stroke. Chest pains are nothing new to me, but the doctor said what'd finally be the actual cause of death after my father hung on so long was his heart giving out, but he fought and fought right up until he pretty much suffocated (drowned?). So probably a stroke. Or... IDK, from like age twelve my at-rest pulse rate has been 113 or above every time I checked it, so... who knows. But one or the other. I actually had my cholesterol checked once back in the mid-90s during one of those "free tests at the health fair" deals. I forget what the number was, but I remember the person giving a long, low whistle - and giving me a speech about it. Since one of my favorite meals at the time was a huge plate full of pizza rolls - which I'd use to consume about half a jar of Hellman's Real Mayonnaise by dipping them, and many other things I ate... weren't nearly that healthy, I figured the best thing I could do was not have any more tests done. That kind of stuff - plus a whole lot more stupidity - has really started to catch up with me, though. IDK, though, I really don't. It's like when they say, "If you quit smoking NOW, in 21 years your lungs will be almost like you never smoked!" I hear that and wonder... "21 years... What's the point, then?" Might as well say, "If you soak all your joints in pig urine every morning, in 650 years you'll not have any arthritis." Or something.

IDK... I guess I could use a really strong anti-depressant smell right now. My favorite is Scent of a Woman with a Hint of Rose on the Side, lol. But it's a little late in the evening for that one unless I wanted to go with the knockoff, Stink of a Stripper with a Dollar Bill Stuck to the Side :yikes: . And, well, you know... There's "not so healthy" err, eating habits - and then there's "suicidal." Even I have to draw the line somewhere (these days ;) ).
Try getting some fresh lavender sprigs hang them to dry then add it to about 5 Oz of 80% drinking alcohol something clear like vodka, add some vanilla and black peppercorns let it steep for a couple weeks then strain the alcohol and you have instant aromatherapy

You don't have to quote an entire 10,000 word thesis just to respond to one point of it, lol. But thanks for the advice. I wasn't able to grow any lavender this year but I think a neighbor might be growing a rosemary plant, and they don't smell much different to me (minor brain issue). Would that work just as well, ya think? She might have some Thai(?) basil, too. It used to have a funky smell, which I could stand in small doses. I've heard it's mildly carcinigenic - but IDK if that's true or not. And, besides, around here the air, ground, and water is more than just mildly so...

Back
Top Bottom