Boomer444's Hozonaero Grow System - prototype

Re: Hozona's Hozonaero Grow System - prototype

I looked at the plastic fence in Depot. Looks like an easy fit. My buddy uses a old school wooden baby gate. The plastic fencing is close to the vinyl fence.
Kewl...I will be checkin it out...got some money in my pocket ...sold my extra car....will get some insurance money back also...gonna see how much it will cost to get the material to build my new planter box 12' L X 3' W X 2' D and some pvc and a spider valve....drip all summer...should get a lot more sun building it on the north wall... Will probably LST, SCROG, SUPER-CROP for both stealth and productivity:cheesygrinsmiley:
:tokin:

The whole SCROG thing is a bit new for me.. I love what you guys have done. Now that I have some regs growing I can see how one would work well. I didn't fully realize it until I topped all of the regs. Then it all made sense!

The whole SCROG thing is a bit new for me.. I love what you guys have done. Now that I have some regs growing I can see how one would work well. I didn't fully realize it until I topped all of the regs. Then it all made sense!
I think you will like the control it gives you...plus I have a couple of new ideas I want to try...:cheesygrinsmiley:

Took the bubble cloner apart after transplanting the viable clones.
Here is the blown apart view
IMG_054324.JPG

The top on looking down...cord goes through one net pot and is held in place by neoprene insert.
IMG_054423.JPG

The assembled unit with all nets and inserts in place
IMG_054521.JPG

PARTS LIST
5 gallon bucket with lid $5
396 gph pump $28
8 aero jets $4
4 elbow bends $1.20
2 end caps $.60
1 T fitting $.40
1 sprinkler riser $1.00
9 net pots and inserts $9.00
Timer for 1on 5off $20 - $31
And some small pieces of 1/2" PVC $2
FOR A TOTAL COST OF UNDER $75!

I thought I'd post the vegger unit with detailed shots just for referrence since I never posted shots of assemby
Modified_aerocloner1.jpg

IMG_054615.JPG

IMG_054720.JPG

IMG_054818.JPG

IMG_054916.JPG

IMG_055119.JPG

IMG_055015.JPG

And Don't Forget Your Timer!
IMG_028918.JPG

Parts and prices ...(may vary in your area) plus some if you buy in bulk can be cheaper.
PVC 10' length $1.80
3T fittings $1.20
4 corners $1.20
1 sprinkler riser $1.00
1 coupler $.30
2 10gallon bins w/lid $12.00
1 396 gph pump $28.00
1 80 gph pump $12
8 3" net cups $3.20
10 aeronozzles $5.00
Growrocks $9.00
For a total of $74.00 approx.
Plus timer $20-$32
For an AeroVeg unit that can handle 8 plants and give them a good start..for under $100
With a different configuration of the lid you could do 12 to 16 clones in 2" nets or
the 8 3" like I have in mine...I found you can do 6 4", but 2"nets and 3"nets seem to be the way to go:cheesygrinsmiley:

Awesome Hozona - Great stuff! Thank you for taking the time to break that down for everybody - super helpful! :bravo:

+rep!!

Great diagrams and information. What software do you use?

Adobe Photoshop has been my graphic editing choice for quite some time starting with Photoshop 4 the first time...You can get Photoshop Essentials for a LOT LESS than the whole program. :cheesygrinsmiley: Glad you like the diagrams!:cheesygrinsmiley:
Awesome Hozona - Great stuff! Thank you for taking the time to break that down for everybody - super helpful! :bravo:

+rep!!
Thanks X! Just trying to do my thing while staying within the guidelines....:cheesygrinsmiley:

Oh they are great. I'm impressed with all of your grow but I thought I would comment on your killer editing skills. I will look into the essential. Makes your posts very easy to understand..

Oh they are great. I'm impressed with all of your grow but I thought I would comment on your killer editing skills. I will look into the essential. Makes your posts very easy to understand..
I did a tutorial about Photoshop, but most graphic editing programs controls are very similar!If you go HEREPost #214 ....you will find it...:cheesygrinsmiley:

Just looked at the photo shop thread. Seems easy to understand! Now I have to find cheap software. Maybe download.

Hope Hoz doesn't mind...

Get Paint.NET

It's free and has all of the important features of Photoshop (layers, history, etc), but with a shorter learning curve. If you are already familiar with Photoshop and like their workflow/logic, you might like GIMP. It's another popular free graphics program, but I don't care for it. The way you use tools is not intuitive to me.

Hope Hoz doesn't mind...NOT AT ALL! We're here to help each other...it's been so long since I used ANYTHING other than Photoshop, that I knew there were some free ones out there that had good features like the layering and history

Get Paint.NET

It's free and has all of the important features of Photoshop (layers, history, etc), but with a shorter learning curve. If you are already familiar with Photoshop and like their workflow/logic, you might like GIMP. It's another popular free graphics program, but I don't care for it. The way you use tools is not intuitive to me.
Glad for the imput, like I said it's been a while, I use Photoshop 6, I know there are newer versions, but as the saying goes, if it's not broke....:cheesygrinsmiley:

Well the Hozonaero growing system had some major flaws that I need to overcome if I am ever going to grow with the NFT/Aero part again. Pot size should be 2" nets that occupy the side opposite the aerojet manifold. A remake is in order! The reservoir needs to be chilled to prevent root rot which in turn creates a breeding ground for the fungus gnats. The Aerovegger must have another empty bin for transferring the lid to so that the res can be drained and cleaned easily. The Bucket cloner works well and is perfect for doing 8 at a time...keepin' it small:cheesygrinsmiley:
This journal will remain while I modify the NFT/Aero unit and come up with an inexpensive chiller for the reservoir. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I have decided to go another direction with my grow so this journal is toast! Although the Aero grew fast and furious, there is way too much DAILY maintenance to do this as a "hobby" grower. There were major flaws in the design and execution of some of the aspects of this grow as I have stated previously...the roots snag on the aero jets, draining the reservoir every week or so is not fun! Monitoring PH and PPMs can be very nerve wracking when they get off balance. Root rot which creates a breeding ground for pests is another thing I contended with. The product is adequate, but soil seems easier. In fact, Bubble/Drip was easier to maintain and my best producer in hydro...That is what I was using before the aero experiment...:cheesygrinsmiley:

Back
Top Bottom