Boomer444's Hozonaero Grow System - prototype

Re: Hozona's Hozonaero Grow System - prototype

thanks for doing this and sharing the results, ph & ppm chasing and all the things you fought are why im done messing with hydro, besides how can i grow with my organic goodies in hydro? lol
I may move my bubble/drip into the veg area and kickstart my seedlings/clones in it and then tranfer them into pots for the tent or transplant outdoors..starting in hydro..finishing in soil...Done it before, works well! I put the whole thing in the ground cutting away the net pots after removing the grow rocks...Works rather well, especially if you create a place where the roots can go down and spread...I'll do some pics of that in my current journal when the time comes around in the next few weeks. :cheesygrinsmiley:
:tokin:

You're a better grower for the experience Hoz. It's great to hear you're not discouraged by the experiment. :)

I prefer flood and drain systems. They are simple, reliable and provide excellent results. I realize labs have proven that other methods, aero or dwc for example, are better, but they are always a more complex system. I question wether the increase in yield, efficiency, or whatever other measure, is worth the additional effort required due to the increased complexity. Obviously I'm dismissing the 'fun' factor. :winkyface: Don't get me wrong. I loved helping buddies build all sorts of contraptions, but they were always fussing with the plumbing and such. I love the simplicity of a tray system, but the bucket style systems add some highly desirable functionality, managing individual plants, with a minimal increase in complexity. I'm sure I'm biased as that was my progression; soil, soiless(verm/perl), F&D tray(rock), F&D bucket(rock)

Now that I'm growing again, I picked up right where I left off in the 90's :biglaugh:

You're a better grower for the experience Hoz. It's great to hear you're not discouraged by the experiment. :)

I prefer flood and drain systems. They are simple, reliable and provide excellent results. I realize labs have proven that other methods, aero or dwc for example, are better, but they are always a more complex system. I question wether the increase in yield, efficiency, or whatever other measure, is worth the additional effort required due to the increased complexity. Obviously I'm dismissing the 'fun' factor. :winkyface: Don't get me wrong. I loved helping buddies build all sorts of contraptions, but they were always fussing with the plumbing and such. I love the simplicity of a tray system, but the bucket style systems add some highly desirable functionality, managing individual plants, with a minimal increase in complexity. I'm sure I'm biased as that was my progression; soil, soiless(verm/perl), F&D tray(rock), F&D bucket(rock)

Now that I'm growing again, I picked up right where I left off in the 90's :biglaugh:
Thanks Hiker...I think I will stick to what I said, getting them started in hydro...and then transplanting them into soil, either in the tent or outside...I am going to have an ample supply of strains to choose from, but if I find that I use up too much space, I'll just do it all in soil. :cheesygrinsmiley:

you could always put the system outside and grow tomatoes in it whilst you perfect it
Thought about doing that, but I think I am going to have my hands full with the veggie garden and the girls outside and in...may give indoor a bit of a break and just keep some youngin's under the T5...Gotta go get zuccini, cantelope, green bean, onion, radish, and whatever I decide to put out back. Probably get some tomato and jalepeno youngin's also:cheesygrinsmiley:

Here is the last plant's results:
17 grams from Big Bud pushes this grow to a gram per watt
IMG_067718.JPG

Got some trichs showin' ...should be decent smoke and I will be making kief/hash from her trim.
All in all NOT a great success, but a Gram per Watt seems to be a decent target number.:cheesygrinsmiley:
Ya'll come over to the new grow now, ya hear?
Address is:
Boomer444's 2013 Indoor & Outdoor Grows

Re: Hozona's Hozonaero Grow System (prototype)

60s,' hes
's a youngster to me. be 70 in aug., and been growing small amounts of pot for 50 yrs. And I never thought i'd ever see medical mj in Ma., but we have it now. The federal gov. knows that we know how ignorant & unfair war on drugs was and is. But if I was a young man, i'd bet that hemp and pot will be our salvation. only people unemployed, will be the drug lords !!

This may be a little dated but it looks like it is loaded with tons of great information! I'll be reading it in detail soon! Thanks much for sharing!

Back
Top Bottom