incogn1to

This will be my second grow, and probably the last indoor until fall. The setup is pretty much the same as the last. They'll be living under the Optic4, inside a 5x5 gorilla tent. Medium is Canna Coco and pearlite, in 3gal fabric pots.

Strains
All three strains are Mephisto genetics. 1x each of the following...

Sour Stomper (SS)Creme De La Chem (CDLC)Double Grape (DG)
1583501532410.png

1583501545256.png

1583501504748.png

The seeds went into Coco on Feb. 10th. Today, Mar. 6th they're getting 3.5g/gallon of MC, feeding once a day ~2hrs after lights on.

Here they are today, after starting LST on SS and DG yesterday. CDLC is so stout I don't know if I'll be able to bend it much.

Day 25
IMG_6620.JPG

IMG_6621.JPG

Shoutout to some folks who helped me out or just checked in on my first grow, or shown interest in this grow.
@Canuckush @FelipeBlu @DonkeyDick @Magicdvdfarm @Jamers @Backlipslide @farside05

Day 31

Haven't been posting much, as nothing much has been happening. I think I have been underfeeding, because I haven't seen a whole lot of vertical growth. I'm @ 4g/gallon and the last feed I added 1ml/gallon of calimagic because I've seen some spotting on the top of the CDLC that didn't resolve by bumping up MC. I'll continue to monitor and add more calimagic as needed. One interesting thing I noticed as I was doing some LST is that one branch of the CDLC seems to have topped itself at some point. See the last picture.

IMG_6648.JPG
IMG_6649.JPG
IMG_6650.JPG
IMG_6651.JPG

Now this is where things get really interesting. I was emptying runoff from trays and noticed a strange sheen on top. These are the same trays I used for the last grow, and never saw anything like this before. Not sure if it's coming from the coco, MC, or what. Anyone have any ideas?

It looks to me like the CDLC does need a little bump in the MC dose.

I wouldn’t worry about the sheen. It’s probably from the MC.

This is a strange growth - almost looks like a male preflower. Are these feminized?
AA2A6BB1-7C76-481F-8F8B-F80AE8FF7AB4.jpeg

It looks to me like the CDLC does need a little bump in the MC dose.

I wouldn’t worry about the sheen. It’s probably from the MC.

This is a strange growth - almost looks like a male preflower. Are these feminized?
AA2A6BB1-7C76-481F-8F8B-F80AE8FF7AB4.jpeg

Ugh, it absolutely does, and they are indeed feminized. I'll have a closer inspection when lights come on tonight.

Welcome, come on in! :welcome:

Hope that is just a fluke and it ends up being a female.

Fingers crossed :nervous-guy:

I think it's just a calyx that maybe got damaged / didn't have a pistil or something. Not entirely sure, someone could probably convince me otherwise. took it off as I was cleaning up a bit around the bottom anyways.

Here's a closeup and some other pre-flowers from around that plant. BTW it's actually the the SS, not CDLC. Not sure what I was smoking when I posted that.

IMG_6658_cropped.jpeg
IMG_6664.JPG
IMG_6665.JPG
IMG_6666.JPG

Day 33

Things are looking good in the garden. Increased the feeding last night to 5g MC and 4ml calimagic per gallon. Checked on them this morning and they're looking great. These pics are actually from last night though, when I was doing some cleanup around the bottoms of the SS and DG, and some leaf tucking on the CDLC. Man, this thing is a tank. I have a feeling the underfeeding and lack of light below the canopy is leading to the branches not getting any length on them. Will be interested to see what happens when the stretch comes. I should have bent this one over but by the time the roots had a good enough hold the thing was already the thickness of a sharpie.

CDLC (before the tuck)
IMG_6673.JPG

And after
IMG_6674.JPG

IMG_6675.JPG

You could try supercropping that tall branch to even out the canopy. That will trick the plant into trying to make every branch the main cola.

Thanks @FelipeBlu
I did end up bending it over, only after I broke a few fan leaves and even a branch trying to do some tucking. This plant is so thick stout that that it needed to be done.

IMG_6705.JPG
IMG_6706.JPG
IMG_6707.JPG

With everything going on, I haven't had a chance to do an update. In all honestly, this whole social distancing and isolation has me kind of down, and I haven't really wanted to spend a lot of time with the plants. I've mostly been hanging with my fam and trying to stay sane. In all honesty, the only thing that has really changed for me is that I'm no longer working from home... alone. My wife teaches at a community college, a course that has almost no practical aspect, so she is able to continue teaching by giving her lectures remotely via video conference. Even though my sons daycare is still operating (it's a small private daycare) we didn't feel comfortable putting his safety in the hands of someone else, to ensure other parents are also following best practices. This puts us in an awkward situation of both needing to work and also take care of a 2 year old at the same time. Aside from weekends, someone else has watched our child for the majority his waking hours during the work week, for the past year. Luckily, I work in an industry, and at a company, with some of the most flexible working conditions. I am one of 5 people who work remote from Canada, with other offices peppered throughout the US on both coasts and a few in between. In fact, most of the people I work with on a daily basis are based on the west coast. So it wasn't much of an ask to shift my schedule to align with PST. This means I get to spend some quality time with my son until my wife is done and then we can swap. This is only the first week, but so far so good!

Anyways, sorry for the rant. I don't usually share personal stuff, but needed to get that off my chest.

On to the good stuff.

Day 45
The girls are looking good. SS is hopefully nearing the end of her stretch and it putting out some nice looking flowers, and DG is slowly catching up. CDLC is the bastard child. I don't know if it's the genetics, or I somehow stunted her from under feeding initially, but she is just weird. I was able to even her out a bit and get some of her nodes to advance upwards, but lost interest in training her the last couple weeks. Last night I gave her a good haircut, not really caring whether she bounced back or not.

The biggest thing has been trying to keep the light away from the SS. It's been climbing like crazy, and she gets unhappy when she's closer than 28" to the light.

Still feeding @ 5g MC / 5ml calimagic

This one is from 3/23 and the rest are from 3/26
DG SS CDLC

Front: CDLC Back Left: DG Back Right: SS

IMG_0031.JPG

CDLC

DG

IMG_6776.JPG
IMG_6775.JPG
SS

Attachments

• IMG_6774.JPG