Caconym's Multi-Strain Compact Soil Grow 2017

420-magazine-mobile478005917.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1156897389.jpg

One of the reasons I'm behind schedule.

420-magazine-mobile1469266761.jpg

I fried some of the hardware in my PC months ago and now I'm having to resurrect it as I need it for college. There's years of data stored in the drives and I'm trying to get it alive again without destroying anything I might be able to usefully extract.

Coffee and C99 to the rescue!

Have a lovely Sunday everyone :Namaste:

Hey bud, how's things progressing this side?
With regards to drying in the box, do you seal the box with tape ? A nice solid seal.

Ey up dude. I've been very lazy, haven't made any progress since last update. I'm working on some things today though, will post some more details and pics later today. I stuck bamboo skewers into the flaps so that they ran along the inside of the corrugated channels and I could slide them in and out of the opposite flap like deadbolts.

Good luck with the PC.

C99 is glorious for daytime!

Cheers! Ive got Windows 10 and Ubuntu 17 dual-booting happily now. Working on a decent stable overclock now, so much time wasted looking at numbers on a screen...
I think C99 might officially be my favourite strain now, will be buying more seeds once I've worked my way through the stock I've already got.

Hi guys sorry for the lack of updates.
Slow progress is being made, but round 2 is still a little way off. I've been very busy and going through some soul-searching as well so I've been slacking on the grow front.

The space is nearly finished, just the floor to paint and everything to go back in. I'm planning to paint the floor today.

420-magazine-mobile2068742340.jpg

I've mixed up some soil from the remains of my canna stuff plus amendments and brewed up some tea and chucked it in the soil to fester a while. There's some I've made to plant into which is canna seedling stuff plus EWC and perlite and some that I'll pot up into when the plants are getting going which is a mix of canna seedling and the standard canna soil plus EWC, kelp meal, alfalfa meal, oatmeal, perlite and vermiculite (I couldn't get hold of any perlite locally). I added two different mycorhizzal inoculants to both mixtures.

420-magazine-mobile833320590.jpg

Soil sat in the cellar. I keep mixing it up every day to keep it aerated. The transplant mix should get 6-8 weeks to cook which I'm hoping will be enough. I'm not expecting this to be fantastic as I've chucked it together from things I already had but hopefully it will be an improvement on the plain canna stuff which had no aeration and seemed a bit dead. I've brewed two small batches of tea with EWC and molasses which have gone into the soil to liven it up a bit.

420-magazine-mobile656878018.jpg

Sweet brown bubbly stuff.

420-magazine-mobile1056108257.jpg

Seeds!

I will plant them eventually!

Peace

Looks like you still on track bud, I love the choice of beans so should be good to follow along.
Man I hope your soul searching brings you the desired outcome, we all need it ever so often.

420-magazine-mobile221137614.jpg

Floor painted today, very slow progress. I have college assignments and still battling with mental health and spiritual identity issues.

Peace and good vibes
Hey Bud, good to know you still kicking.
Box looks nice and clean and ready for action, sending positive thoughts your way man!!!

420-magazine-mobile1111518211.jpg

420-magazine-mobile456373855.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1431828904.jpg

Seeds in soil! Soaked them in water for 15 minutes or so while I sorted the labels and dug out the propagator, then emptied the shot glasses straight into the soil. Simple! I'll be putting the lights back in the box soon enough. Now I can't skive off as the germination clock is ticking!

420-magazine-mobile737835669.jpg

Royal Queen Critical Kush

420-magazine-mobile630899060.jpg

Barney's Farm Chronic Thunder

420-magazine-mobile1672806798.jpg

Barney's Farm LSD

These three have popped up already! I suspect they should have been planted deeper. It'll be fine though, the sun has risen today!

420-magazine-mobile10613564.jpg

Intake fans still need fitting but that's a minor detail. Lights at minimum for now, humidifier on full blast.

Peace

420-magazine-mobile1092256557.jpg

Basil's back!! Yes these are the original basil badboys from round 1, back again to bask in the photonic splendour of the COB suns.

Turns out I hadn't turned the dial on the humidifier a full turn so I turned it up some more and we are now sitting just under 70% RH.

Spritzed the ladies with a spray bottle to keep em nice and damp, I think I can get away without the propagator (I'm always concerned it will trap too much hot wet air and suffocate the girls under the big lights)

Also big welcome to the strawberries, they've been on the windowsill not enjoying the shitty winter sun (and three of them are supposed to be dead) so a spell in the oubliette should do them some good.

I already feel better about my life and it's been less than 12 hours since the lights went on. Perhaps this grow will save my sanity!

Peace, love and bigups to all

420-magazine-mobile1092256557.jpg

Basil's back!! Yes these are the original basil badboys from round 1, back again to bask in the photonic splendour of the COB suns.

Turns out I hadn't turned the dial on the humidifier a full turn so I turned it up some more and we are now sitting just under 70% RH.

Spritzed the ladies with a spray bottle to keep em nice and damp, I think I can get away without the propagator (I'm always concerned it will trap too much hot wet air and suffocate the girls under the big lights)

Also big welcome to the strawberries, they've been on the windowsill not enjoying the shitty winter sun (and three of them are supposed to be dead) so a spell in the oubliette should do them some good.

I already feel better about my life and it's been less than 12 hours since the lights went on. Perhaps this grow will save my sanity!

Peace, love and bigups to all
It's what you need to take your mind off all the crap for the day. Enjoy the ride mate, and everything is looking good man.

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom