Cannabis Oil Dosing Tutorial: Tacking Method

Hello Motoco,
I have bought the oil from Holland beeing adviced by other people suffering from cancer and who have tried this source/oil and had very good results.
So in my opinion the quality of the oil should be ok ( I have spoken with the dealer and it is 80% indica/ 20% sativa).
as understood is very similar or identical with the Rick Simpson Oil...

My father is swallowing the oil ( one grain of rice) covered in small piece of bread as he doesn't like at all the taste of oil...
He has been through radiation/ chemo and he is extremly weak right now ...lost a lot of weight......
Last session of chemo was by end of August.....

Regardign the meds he is taking some painkillers ( light opioids) and when he took the oil he experienced the following:

Situation 1
- oil + opioids = increased pains + high blood pressure

Situation 2
- oil + mild painkiller ( not opioids) = increased pains + normal to low blood pressure

in addition he is taking some special teas , alkaline water, homeopathic treatment.....I don't think these are the cause...

bottomline I'm extremly dissapointed as most of people I've been in touch with and taking this oil are experiencing good results my father is just the opposite.....

I appreciate very much your advices as I think I'm at my limit.......
I think I will take myself the oil just to check the effects...

Many thanks

Hi Drgs, eating the oil with bread is not going to work effectively. Having had chemo also contributes to an extended healing period. Please follow the method in the dosing tutorial (beginning of this thread) that is linked below and you'll be able to start turning things around. I'd also look into getting more MMJ and making some of your own oil because ideally you want to have 2 parts of a high THC sativa to 1 part of a high CBD sativa strain for daytime use and a lesser amount of mostly indica for night time use (what you already have should be good for night use). Everything you need to know is in those links below in my signature. I know it seems a little overwhelming but you'll be surprised how easy it is, just focus on the basics. Also, I noticed that he's using alkaline water so you should be aware that alkaline water shouldn't be taken within 1 hour after using the oil. Also be aware that the oil will help regulate BP. I strongly encourage you to take the oil yourself following the dosing tutorial so that you are best prepared to help. However, I would caution you to do so on the weekend at bed time with an 80% indica. Although when you dose properly using the tacking method you will not experience euphoria, you will still have sleep inducing effects of the indica strain which will make you very lazy.

Everyone has such large problems and mine are nothing in comparison. This is such a helpful thread. I have been making the oil but I can't draw the rso up into the syringe. I only can draw up about 1 ml and that is all. I start with the plunger on the bottom of the syringe and then try to suck up the rso. Am I doing something wrong? I hate wasting oil but I am. I am making more on Friday and I want to do it right so I can fill up my syringes.

Everyone has such large problems and mine are nothing in comparison. This is such a helpful thread. I have been making the oil but I can't draw the rso up into the syringe. I only can draw up about 1 ml and that is all. I start with the plunger on the bottom of the syringe and then try to suck up the rso. Am I doing something wrong? I hate wasting oil but I am. I am making more on Friday and I want to do it right so I can fill up my syringes.

Sometimes the plungers can have a sticky spot. I have a couple that pull pretty hard. Check the end of the syringe to be sure it isn't stopped up too. How thick is your oil? Like grease or thicker?

I'm no expert here, just offering a couple thoughts. LOL

The oil is thick but at first before it has time to cool off I don't think that it is to thick to pull it up the syringe but maybe I'm wrong. I just want to make sure the oil is finished. I always pull the syringe up and down to make sure it is ok before I try to fill it with the oil.

are you stopping your decarb as soon as the bubbles stop or are you going longer lindylynn? If you're decarbing longer it may get too thick in which case you can mix in a small drop or two of grapeseed oil. Sometimes the tip of the syringe may be too long or narrow so I've cut the tip back a little to make it easier too.

Hi lindylynn,

No need to waste oil. Lets do a check list; was the oil syringed right after the decarb? did you have the oil cup sitting flat or angled when filling the syringe? When syringing the oil was the tip of the syringe slightly angled (not parallel to the bottom of the cup)? When syringing the oil with the oil cup angled (I use a silicone mat to sit the oil cup on as it keeps the bottom of the cup off of cold surfaces, then at the top of the silicone mat I place a couple of hot pads to form a high spot that I sit the cup on to create an angle so the oil has a 'deep' spot' instead of the cup being flat. When syringing the oil up it is one fluid motion with the tip of the syringe slightly angled so the tip isn't 'flat' when drawing the oil up. When pulling the oil up in a fluid motion (not so hard the plunger will come out) and the plunger stops rotate the syringe with the tip facing up. Don't worry about the oil dripping down the syringe and balance the syringe on the bottom of the plunger and keep the tip upright. If you don't do this the oil simply runs out of the syringe back into the cup. You can never get all the oil drawn up into the syringe. I let the oil cool down, get an empty syringe, pull the plunger out, grab a cuticle pusher scoop up some oil insert the cuticle pusher into the syringe and pack the syringe having to stop insert the plunger, push the oil up about halfway, pull the plunger back out and repeat. Also what ever is left in the cup just use your cuticle pusher for your dose until its gone out of the cup.

You can practice doing this with olive oil. Also a worthy mention; when you get only so much into a syringe don't try to use the same syringe to keep drawing more up as you only have so much time while the oil is still hot. Grab another one and press on. When done let the syringe cool down standing with the tip up. When cooled use a finger to wipe the oil off of the syringe where the oil has dripped including around the tip. Take a cuticle pusher and scrap it off your finger. You can do the cold pack or scrape it off on the edge of your cup that you can scrape off later with the cuticle pusher and dose. Its a little frustrating at the start but with a little practice 'olive oil' you will master it. Also keep some ISO 91 (rite aid) and some paper towels to clean your fingers so it doesn't keep spreading. It takes a little practice not wasting no oil, it is control management. You can scrape off spills on the counter with the cuticle pusher, nothing goes to waste as you can simply dose the waste properly. Hope this helps

Thank you everyone for your help. I tried the syringe on olive oil and I don't have any trouble drawing up the oil. I guess my rso is just too thick. I will be ready if I have problems again tomorrow with grapeseed oil, and somethting to cut a little of the end off of the syringe and a cuticle pusher. I will let you know how it goes.

Hi Drgs,

As budnoob mentioned, digesting the oil is counter productive and on opiates can cause a severe drop in blood pressure. Also can be counter productive in the actual healing of cancer and in some case make it worse. Cannabis Oil Dosing Tutorial: Tacking Method Also a worthy mention healing on Indica can be an issue; it enhances depression by putting you on couch-lock with a frame of mind that only lets you think of your aliments. Read through this thread and you will have all your answers. If you try the oil you will see what I mean. Trying taking it correctly so you can show your dad. All your symptoms posted is what happens when you digest the oil. Any questions please ask. I know its a lot on your plate right now, hang in there, read these threads and turn your Dads healing process around.

Warmest regards

420 Motoco

Hello Motoco,
I have bought the oil from Holland beeing adviced by other people suffering from cancer and who have tried this source/oil and had very good results.
So in my opinion the quality of the oil should be ok ( I have spoken with the dealer and it is 80% indica/ 20% sativa).
as understood is very similar or identical with the Rick Simpson Oil...

My father is swallowing the oil ( one grain of rice) covered in small piece of bread as he doesn't like at all the taste of oil...
He has been through radiation/ chemo and he is extremly weak right now ...lost a lot of weight......
Last session of chemo was by end of August.....

Regardign the meds he is taking some painkillers ( light opioids) and when he took the oil he experienced the following:

Situation 1
- oil + opioids = increased pains + high blood pressure

Situation 2
- oil + mild painkiller ( not opioids) = increased pains + normal to low blood pressure

in addition he is taking some special teas , alkaline water, homeopathic treatment.....I don't think these are the cause...

bottomline I'm extremly dissapointed as most of people I've been in touch with and taking this oil are experiencing good results my father is just the opposite.....

I appreciate very much your advices as I think I'm at my limit.......
I think I will take myself the oil just to check the effects...

Many thanks

Hi Granny Evie,

Safest way to take the oil with no euphoric. It was an accident finding this technique out for a friend with Parkinsonism who saliva was so much he always got stoned by the oil draining down to his stomach. Safest way to date is 'tack' two small dots, wait 10-15 minutes and take your dose amount.

Great info...somehow in my research I never came across 'tacking', good to know!

Hey again... just come on here to talk about my partner who is still on the oil.
We've recently lowered her dose, taking a quater of a gram now... making it last. Tacking as usual... but she's getting quite anxious after taking it, just like when we first started! which was a couple of months ago now... even though it's less... and sleepy... more sleepy than she has been it seems...

We're going to keep a few grams spare for maintanence dose in the future, but i was just wondering... how that works??? Is it best to keep it maintained with a gram just once a month... or every few months?... I've read different things, so i'm not sure what is best!

3 months on the oil now, and her MRI scan is next week... it shall be interesting to see the results, assuming we'll see them that quick!

Hi cannabe1,

Good to cya around again! This happens when cutting doses down abruptly instead of gradual. I would suggest cutting back a grain of rice at a time when lowering. Sounds like anxiety kicking in on her MRI next week. On a PM dose it will be a grain of rice and a gram normally last about 3-4 weeks. Everyone I know stays on this regimen for ever with the proper strains. To them it insures a defense as their auto-immune system stays at its peak performance and simply put they like the 'wellness' feeling. Also please remember 90 days is a guideline which really is dependent on the potency/strains of oil. I think I would of kept her on the same regimen until after the results, but, you only have a week before the test. Keep her mind off of the MRI the best you can. Getting excited to hear about the results, thank you for updating us.

ps When feeling a little on the blue side of things, do a little booster (small dot), it does wonders as a quick pick-me-up.

Hey again... just come on here to talk about my partner who is still on the oil.
We've recently lowered her dose, taking a quater of a gram now... making it last. Tacking as usual... but she's getting quite anxious after taking it, just like when we first started! which was a couple of months ago now... even though it's less... and sleepy... more sleepy than she has been it seems...

We're going to keep a few grams spare for maintanence dose in the future, but i was just wondering... how that works??? Is it best to keep it maintained with a gram just once a month... or every few months?... I've read different things, so i'm not sure what is best!

3 months on the oil now, and her MRI scan is next week... it shall be interesting to see the results, assuming we'll see them that quick!

WJ, don't forget to pull the plunger out of the syringe when your done, get a cuticle pusher/like and scrape the rest out. You will be able to get most of it out, should be 2-3 doses left.

My wife ask something like that before she left for work. I'll have to er, borrow one of her cuticlepushers and try that. I have some buds left and I will get by during harvest/cure time. She thought I could cut the syringe apart or something. I'll make some butter to help me on toast. Only a couple weeks to go.
I found a place within 75 miles to get Everclear 190 for $16. It'll be a nice drive.

Thanks!
WJ

WJ, don't forget to pull the plunger out of the syringe when your done, get a cuticle pusher/like and scrape the rest out. You will be able to get most of it out, should be 2-3 doses left.

Hello Jack, just wondering if you have any further updates on your nephew. Hope all is well in your world. Peace
Run from Cure, best of luck to you on your father's journey. I have no doubt he will be back to health.

Just got an update from my brother - summary - he is very ill, post testicular cancer as his hormones are completely out of sync.
He has been on the oil about a month. Doc just reported that in the last month his testosterone levels have normalised and his estrogen levels have dropped from
170 to 120. Coincidence? I think not he has been suffering for 8 months and now all of a sudden this month things are normalising.

Hi there

What a great thread, I am just about to start growing, harvesting and creating my own oil using some "northern lights" seeds that I ordered from Holland. I was DX with an aggressive form of Bladder cancer that was also in the prostate 18 months ago. My Urologist recommended bladder, prostate and uretha removal and I refused. Based on everything I then researched as a result of the DX, I made some massive changes. I stopped taking any and all medication, choosing instead to meditate and suffer the pain rather than polute my body further. I looked into and started using nutrition as medicine, cutting out everything that promotes tumor growth such as sugar etc. I started taking the Budwig protocol amongst other things and 18 months after the first DX and 5 TURB operations later I was at my last check 5 weeks ago tumor free. The reoccourance rates for BC are extremely high and my Uro is still recommending Radical surgery. I am a very young 51 yrs old and 100% convinced that Nature provides pretty much all that we need in order to maintain our health. I have decided that my best chance of remaining Cancer free is to continue my nutrition habits and start using cannaboids in the form of oil.

I have on two occasions over 30 years ago consumed dope and other than that never consumed drugs (other than the sht from the docs) What is it they say "a pill for every ill"

I am looking forward to being part of this thread and wish everyone all the best for the future.

Regards

John

Hello Motoco,
I guess a quality oil is the key answer... it seems what I've got in first place was dominant sativa oil which created anxiety and huge energy
Now I've discussed with the dealer and explained that I took myself the oil and I have not experienced what Rick Simpson is saying on all sites....sleep, relax, helps anxiety ..getting you hungrier....and what I have experienced was huge energy and moments you need to concentrate and not enter in the panic mode....so definetly the first oil was not the best...

Now after all these explanations I have received a second oil with dominant indica which brought me sleep, relax and also got me hungrier....next step is to give it to my father....hope this time will work and he will not experience any increased pains...

But I'm in the situation I doubt the quality from this dealer......and also not in situation to grow myself as I cannot wait X months to give it to my father as not sure he will stay with us that longer...

So I hope this 2nd oil will work......

Is there a way how to find out how much THC/ CBD it contains? I've understood for cancer it should be very high in THC with low CBD.

Thanks

Hi Drgs,

Your absolutely correct, quality oil is the key. No need to waste your daytime oil either as you can mix in some of the Indica dominant to tone down the up. I encourage sativa dominant for the day and here is why. When doing Indica only you become couch locked and you just dwell on cancer/aliment and then depression sets in. You just needed both strains, which now you have. Sativa during the day doesn't allow depression, keeps your mind alert with a positive attitude while healing during the daytime. Then at night the Indica is used for sleep. Indica can be used as boosters 30 minutes before meals to increase the appetite and used after dinner to prep for sleep and finally the nighttime dose an hour before bed.

That is the ongoing problem, quality of the oil, the carrier it is made from and strain blending (high cbd blended with high thc for the daytime). If I didn't know the source I would have my oil tested at a lab. The lab can check for thc potency, cbd, cbn's and check for excessive nutrients/chemicals etc. Google 'labs testing MMJ'. Depends on what stage of cancer. If its stage 4 (mets) I use a 2-1 ratio. As an example; 2 oz of high THC strain to 1 oz of high cbd strain. Plenty of THC and CBD. At this stage of cancer it is important to shrink the tumors which the cbd does by removing the inflammation, also helps the cancer from spreading. The THC covers the cancer cell, cuts off the blood supply and the cell self implodes. A worthy mention; a recent stage 4 prostate cancer patient healed himself in 2 months after his oncologist said it was to late for chemo. He used the blends mentioned, kept a strict regimen of five grains of rice a day, a grain of rice for sleep, kept hydrated and constant eating (six times a day). Hope this helps

420 Motoco

Hello Motoco,
I guess a quality oil is the key answer... it seems what I've got in first place was dominant sativa oil which created anxiety and huge energy
Now I've discussed with the dealer and explained that I took myself the oil and I have not experienced what Rick Simpson is saying on all sites....sleep, relax, helps anxiety ..getting you hungrier....and what I have experienced was huge energy and moments you need to concentrate and not enter in the panic mode....so definetly the first oil was not the best...

Now after all these explanations I have received a second oil with dominant indica which brought me sleep, relax and also got me hungrier....next step is to give it to my father....hope this time will work and he will not experience any increased pains...

But I'm in the situation I doubt the quality from this dealer......and also not in situation to grow myself as I cannot wait X months to give it to my father as not sure he will stay with us that longer...

So I hope this 2nd oil will work......

Is there a way how to find out how much THC/ CBD it contains? I've understood for cancer it should be very high in THC with low CBD.

Thanks

Hello and welcome. wow what a great story and I love your determination!! 5 TURB surgeries is quite a bit to go through and in only 18 months time. Did you have any other tx like chemo or radiation after the surgeries??? You have found the right place for info on dosing the oil. The sooner you start taking it the better. It takes months when starting from seed to get your oil. Is there any way possible for you to make some oil now while you start your grow. The oil can be working to strengthen your immune system and keep those tumors away. Just a thought for you. Also Motoco started a thread on how to make the oil. There is a ton of great info on that thread as well. Here is a link for you.

How To Make Concentrated Cannabis Oil

Again, welcome and I hope you keep us posted on your progress.
Peace

Hi there

What a great thread, I am just about to start growing, harvesting and creating my own oil using some "northern lights" seeds that I ordered from Holland. I was DX with an aggressive form of Bladder cancer that was also in the prostate 18 months ago. My Urologist recommended bladder, prostate and uretha removal and I refused. Based on everything I then researched as a result of the DX, I made some massive changes. I stopped taking any and all medication, choosing instead to meditate and suffer the pain rather than polute my body further. I looked into and started using nutrition as medicine, cutting out everything that promotes tumor growth such as sugar etc. I started taking the Budwig protocol amongst other things and 18 months after the first DX and 5 TURB operations later I was at my last check 5 weeks ago tumor free. The reoccourance rates for BC are extremely high and my Uro is still recommending Radical surgery. I am a very young 51 yrs old and 100% convinced that Nature provides pretty much all that we need in order to maintain our health. I have decided that my best chance of remaining Cancer free is to continue my nutrition habits and start using cannaboids in the form of oil.

I have on two occasions over 30 years ago consumed dope and other than that never consumed drugs (other than the sht from the docs) What is it they say "a pill for every ill"

I am looking forward to being part of this thread and wish everyone all the best for the future.

Regards

John

Back
Top Bottom