Cannabis Oil Users Cafe & Lounge

re: Cannabis Oil Users Cafe & Lounge

Greetings Oilers.
Yesterday I stumbled upon this thread and began reading the 38 pages to get caught up.
Before I go any further let me say I was shocked and deeply saddened that we have lost Tim, I had no idea. I spoke with him via e-mails on several occasions beginning in September and he was very helpful in getting lists to me so that I would be able to hit the ground running after my first harvest (which I just completed.) I was to contact him the first of the year and we were going to dig a little deeper and begin the journey. Obviously I will miss him greatly.
My interest in the oil was NOT for cancer, as far as I know I am in pretty decent health as far as that goes. I asked Tim if the oil would be of any value to an old man with old man symptoms and he said absolutely, we can rejuvenate old worn out bodies many times. With that said I will describe my current situation.
I am a 66 y/o guy that I always felt was in good shape, however the last 3-4 years have taken a toll. I have mild hypertension and glaucoma, but severe degenerative disc disease, osteoarthritis, deteriorating shoulder and hip joints, and all the associated problems. I have lost nearly 4 inches in height so my discs are pretty much just collapsing upon themselves. I was going to VA docs the last 4 years or so and after a bunch of testing they put me on Morphine. This spring in the governments infinite wisdom, they decided that they have been treating pain all wrong and stopped issuing narcotics in favor of alternative treatment regimens. I have tried most all of them with no success which led me to search out what other vets were doing, and what do you know...They are treating with cannabis.
Sooo, now you probably know more about me then needed, but I want to be upfront.

I have material curing as we speak. Grand Daddy Purple, Blue Blood, PainKiller-XL, and a little Durga Mata ll CBD. As you can see by the high CBD strains I have picked, I am in this more for the medicinal value than getting "high." That has it's place and I am not opposed to it on occasion, but not everyday! Tim assured me that they would all have there place even though there were possibly better strains for oil.

So here I am, I still don't know what is the best route to take. I had planned on "tacking" but have recently been doing some reading about juicing, which sounds interesting too. Is there anyone here that has tried both juicing and tacking that can give me pro's and con's of each method? Am I on the right track with what I hope to accomplish?

Sorry for being so long winded, I'll try to hold that in check now that the preliminaries are out of the way :thumb:

I like what you have done here, the other two sites are wonderful but it is hard to try to sort through 100's of pages trying to find answers so I'm glad I found you when I did.
:thanks:

I ain't sure if I want to do the blue dream or just go ahead with another indica... I'm going to need it for nighttime meds before to long... :circle-of-love:

Dennise, what are your preferred strains for daytime and night time oil currently......? :circle-of-love:

Greetings Oilers.
Yesterday I stumbled upon this thread and began reading the 38 pages to get caught up.

I like what you have done here, the other two sites are wonderful but it is hard to try to sort through 100's of pages trying to find answers so I'm glad I found you when I did.

Welcome BeaverIslander:love:

Can you give a little info on your meds....THC/CBD.......Indica/Sativa?

Tim is right, tacking CCO will start to help in so many ways that you will forget what pains & ailments you had. Since you are just beginning your journey down the CCO path, write down your pains (what level) and your "Old man/women ailments" (we all have those), later down the road you can give us a report on how much you have improved.

Cannafan is starting a Memorial grow in honor of our friend & mentor Tim/Motoco, it would be great if you wanted to grow a plant in his name!!!!

:love::cco::love:

Tim is right, tacking CCO will start to help in so many ways that you will forget what pains & ailments you had. Since you are just beginning your journey down the CCO path, write down your pains (what level) and your "Old man/women ailments" (we all have those), later down the road you can give us a report on how much you have improved.

Cannafan is starting a Memorial grow in honor of our friend & mentor Tim/Motoco, it would be great if you wanted to grow a plant in his name!!!!

I just germinated 4 seeds last week. If I can have a week head start I would be glad to dedicate one these to Tim.

Shark Shock CBD Crew X1
Indica/Sativa 80/20
THC 6% CBD 6%

Paradise Nebula X2
Indica/Sativa 50/50
THC 16-20%

SamSara Holy Grail 69 X1
Indica/Sativa 35/65
THC 21%

I will get you info on what I just harvested shortly.

Shawnee... The only nighttime I have used is Northern lights x big bud.... But it is working amazingly well and my daytime right now is a mixture of everything I had in the freezer... Everything from blue monster holk to mataro blue.... I had several strains but not enough of one at the time to make a batch.... My next daytime will be White Widow and my nighttime will be Sugar Mango... Not because I did a lot of research... But because that's what I have..:) Super is growing a Blue Blood which is one I'm very interested in....:circle-of-love:

I just germinated 4 seeds last week. If I can have a week head start I would be glad to dedicate one these to Tim.

Shark Shock CBD Crew X1
Indica/Sativa 80/20
THC 6% CBD 6%

Paradise Nebula X2
Indica/Sativa 50/50
THC 16-20%

SamSara Holy Grail 69 X1
Indica/Sativa 35/65
THC 21%

I will get you info on what I just harvested shortly.

Shark Shock would be good for nighttime oil. (For nighttime oil you will want as pure of an Indica as you can find for a good nights sleep).
Holy Grail looks good for daytime Oil.
Paradise Nebula would be a good choice for mixing with the other strains so you can find what works best.

You may want to grow out some Sativa dominate strains with the 2:1 Thc/CBD for daytime Oil to keep you up and moving along with the "Wellness" feeling you will have from using the oil.

Shawnee... The only nighttime I have used is Northern lights x big bud.... But it is working amazingly well and my daytime right now is a mixture of everything I had in the freezer... Everything from blue monster holk to mataro blue.... I had several strains but not enough of one at the time to make a batch.... My next daytime will be White Widow and my nighttime will be Sugar Mango... Not because I did a lot of research... But because that's what I have..:) Super is growing a Blue Blood which is one I'm very interested in....:circle-of-love:

Both Tim and Cajun advised me that a 2 to1 THC/CBD ratio was a good starting point for treating MS. The Blue Blood is good because it gives you those in 1 plant instead of mixing and matching. I have not had enough to make more then one small batch of oil with it, but it seemed to work well for me the little that I used it.

One of my biggest symptoms is sensitivity to heat and cold. Where it is the most noticeable for me is in the summer getting into the pool. Cold water hurts my skin till I get used to it. When I tacked before going to the pool this summer, I was able to walk straight in with no discomfort.

Hopefully when I have a good supply, I will be able to report other positive changes. I just have not been able to go full steam. Give me another couple months and I should be going ahead guns blazing!! I really want to get my wife going before me for her Lyme.

Patience is a virtue I have a hard time with some times!!! ;) :peace:

Following are the plants I just harvested, that are curing:

Royal Queen Seeds-
PainKiller-XL
Sativa 75%/Indica 25%
THC 9%
CBD 9%

Ken Estes
Grand Daddy Purple
Indica
THC 20%
CBD 0.12%

Medicann
Blue Blood
Indica 70%/Sativa 30%
THC 15-20%
CBD 10%

Paradise Seeds
Durga Mata ll CBD
Indica 90%/Sativa 10%
THC 7%
CBD 8.5%

I am not sure on the quantities as I was still jarring up a few clones just a couple days ago and haven't weighed everything out yet. I have the most PainKiller XL, followed by Blue Blood, Grand Daddy Purple, then the Durga Matta ll CBD.

Good choice on that White Widow, pain management for sure...among other things. I'm going to be getting my hands on some Blue Blood and some Blue Dream shortly...I hope. LOL

Hi BeaverIslander! Welcome aboard, so good to see you and I just know you are going to do good things for yourself with the oil.
You will have plenty of time to join in on the Memorial grow, we won't be starting the thread until the 19th. :thumb:

I'm going to grow a favorite daytime strain of Tim's, Sour Diesel or Blue Dream. He liked MasterKush too. I grew some BlackBerry Kush based on his recommendation too.

I wish you all were closer. I would gladly give you all some clones of my Blue Blood. I think this is the best out of all the seeds I had. She is a keeper!!! :peace:

20160102_065722.jpg

This is the type of conversation I've been waiting for. Thank you all for the recommendations. That Blue Blood looks incredibly enticing.

Is the determination of usefulness for oil based on the experience of the cultivator's and oilers on this site? Has anyone ever tried Carnival? If I can grow this strain for both oil production and recreational use I'd be in heaven. This has to be the best consistent high I've found to date (the Dark Devil Auto is a special event all its own, but not a big yielder) and it's top medicinal recommendation is for anxiety, making it a perfect choice for my daughter.

I'm going to grow a favorite daytime strain of Tim's, Sour Diesel or Blue Dream. He liked MasterKush too. I grew some BlackBerry Kush based on his recommendation too.

I have Master Kush x White Widow growing perpetually (home cross). Just got some Amherst Sour Diesel, so I will be watching yours during the grow.
Right now I'm placing an order for Blue Blood, Blue Dream and Pineapple Express (photos). I have to choose something else to get max freebies, so I'm looking around for something mainly Indica.

But Sue just gave me what I had been thinking about a couple weeks ago, Dark Devil, it's ruderalis/indica/sativa.

Unfortunately, I can't find it on Herbie's site. Anybody have a link there where I can find it?

I have Master Kush x White Widow growing perpetually (home cross). Just got some Amherst Sour Diesel, so I will be watching yours during the grow.
Right now I'm placing an order for Blue Blood, Blue Dream and Pineapple Express (photos). I have to choose something else to get max freebies, so I'm looking around for something mainly Indica.

Look at Medicann's Train Wreck. Very potent night time strain. My last one was a major coach lock!!! :peace:

This is the type of conversation I've been waiting for. Thank you all for the recommendations. That Blue Blood looks incredibly enticing.

Is the determination of usefulness for oil based on the experience of the cultivator's and oilers on this site? Has anyone ever tried Carnival? If I can grow this strain for both oil production and recreational use I'd be in heaven. This has to be the best consistent high I've found to date (the Dark Devil Auto is a special event all its own, but not a big yielder) and it's top medicinal recommendation is for anxiety, making it a perfect choice for my daughter.

My own experience is based on what I've grown and made oil with. I'm trying to get my grows designed to maintain a good daytime and night time balance, and I know how the ones I've made oil with affect me personally. Of course, Motoco's input has been in there all along. I have the carnival, just arrived. I ordered it because it's mostly Sativa. I can't wait to try it for oil.

Look at Medicann's Train Wreck. Very potent night time strain. My last one was a major coach lock!!! :peace:

Oh yes, I've seen some Train Wreck grows here. I'll look that one up for sure! :thanks:

Looking into Dark star as well. This is one that PeeJay has talked about and grown. Dang, pricey though!

I just love this clip of a description on "Train Wreck"

Trainwreck is a sativa-dominant strain with very strong effect, and it is said to be so strong that the jaw drops leaving the smoker shit faced. Definitely not for beginners.

I'm not a smoker, but that was funny.

Back
Top Bottom