Canuckgals 60 Day Autoflower Closet Grow

Hey, CanuckGal! Good looking grow so far! Nicely done! donpaul.p tells me you have some questions about cloning? I'd be happy to help if you need it. He asked if I could drop my link for a cloning how-to.

Cloning: Mad Simple - A Beginner's Guide

If you have any question at all feel free to ask. I'm subbed, so I'll get them here, and answer them here. :thumb:

@jandre, thanks mate, this is exactly why you won member of the month, you could always win this month as well, only takes a nomination and people to vote, the amount of journals you give advice on is truely shocking, it must take you ages, reps coming your way my friend, if it dont let me now the ill send it when i can, im sure canokgal with send you some reps as well, you deserve it mate, you make the difference on a lot of these grows.

to of my water clones have started growing roots, i accidently broke a small tiny branch of my auto with small tiny bud on it, so i decided to see what happens, i know im wasting my time but if it keeps growing roots then their is no reason why my others wont, so far its got 2 small roots growing out of it, so ill see what happens, another clone has also started growing roots, i filled small pots with water and took my clones, dipped them in the rooting gel and put them in the tubs, not sure if i was meant to use the rooting gel or not, but i did, so far it looks like 2 have started rooting, if all root then i may use this method as it seems it dont need the high humidity as i dont have a cloner, but i spray them, the other in the soil i have made covers for to keep humid and they have not wilted this time so i think its doing its job,

once again mate, thanks for coming over, have you seen how canokgal's auto looks, i never seen a plant like it, it looks like the leafs are just 1 finger and grow all the way round the stem, looks pretty crazy to me, im interested in finding out what happens with this auto i got thats growing roots, it seems to be growing new leaves as well, not sure if it will just die when its finished flowering or if it will start growing, ill find out pretty soon

Hehe, I cannot be nominated until Dec 2012. But thank you for the props.

As for your Auto that you're rooting, the roots may allow you to finish it off, but there is no hope of revegging it. Ruderalis seeds start a timer speeding toward its expiration the day it starts showing pistils. Once that date arrives, the plant is done and will just die. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news there, mate.

In a bubble cloner, Rooting Gel will actually DELAY roots. I would suggest you avoid that in the future. Maybe I should do a tutorial on a DIY bubble cloner as well. LOL! couldn't hurt!

mate you amaze me, the guides you make are easy to follow, im not cloning in bubble cloner mate, the clones are just hanging in the water in a small plastic tub, the auto has got roots for sure, i cut it 45deg and it had no roots when put in, it has 100% got 2 roots growing out the bottom, and one of the ak47 cross uk cherry cheese clones has got roots growing out where i scraped the stem near where i cut it so they are rooting,

you aint give me bad news mate, its what i expected, i broke it off and decided to see if it would root or not, the bud is to small to be worth anything mate, the clone is tiny about 2 inches long at the most, but it is rooting, be interesting to see what happens, chances are it will die when it reaches the age it dies at, but what happens if it starts leaning towards the indica it was crossed with, im not sure how they cross them but surely some of these autos have got to lean more towards the indica strain it was crossed with,

chances are it will die, but it proves this cloning method sort of works, i wouldnt say its a good way to do it just yet but 2 out of 4 so far is what i got rooted so ill see how it goes, also im not sure if you seen this as well, but did you know you can keep clones alive and without roots for weeks possibly months, if you cut your clones then stick them in water in the fridge this keeps them alive for ages and can be kept to grow in future grows, im not sure who's journal i was reading this in but they had pictures of the clones kept in the fridge and they pretty much kept viable for as long as you like as long as they was kept in the fridge, you may all ready know this, could even of been in a journal that you was part of, i read that many journals now it gets hard to remember what i read where, i got that many links under my bookmarks that it takes nearly 10min to get from the top to the bottom, i must had over 1000 links in their,

i got you some reps mate, so i need to spread some love before i can reps you again, looks like you will be in the running for member of the month in dec then mate, you should get some plants and buds in the contest as well, im sure you could win them as well

mate you amaze me, the guides you make are easy to follow, im not cloning in bubble cloner mate, the clones are just hanging in the water in a small plastic tub, the auto has got roots for sure, i cut it 45deg and it had no roots when put in, it has 100% got 2 roots growing out the bottom, and one of the ak47 cross uk cherry cheese clones has got roots growing out where i scraped the stem near where i cut it so they are rooting,

you aint give me bad news mate, its what i expected, i broke it off and decided to see if it would root or not, the bud is to small to be worth anything mate, the clone is tiny about 2 inches long at the most, but it is rooting, be interesting to see what happens, chances are it will die when it reaches the age it dies at, but what happens if it starts leaning towards the indica it was crossed with, im not sure how they cross them but surely some of these autos have got to lean more towards the indica strain it was crossed with,

chances are it will die, but it proves this cloning method sort of works, i wouldnt say its a good way to do it just yet but 2 out of 4 so far is what i got rooted so ill see how it goes, also im not sure if you seen this as well, but did you know you can keep clones alive and without roots for weeks possibly months, if you cut your clones then stick them in water in the fridge this keeps them alive for ages and can be kept to grow in future grows, im not sure who's journal i was reading this in but they had pictures of the clones kept in the fridge and they pretty much kept viable for as long as you like as long as they was kept in the fridge, you may all ready know this, could even of been in a journal that you was part of, i read that many journals now it gets hard to remember what i read where, i got that many links under my bookmarks that it takes nearly 10min to get from the top to the bottom, i must had over 1000 links in their,

i got you some reps mate, so i need to spread some love before i can reps you again, looks like you will be in the running for member of the month in dec then mate, you should get some plants and buds in the contest as well, im sure you could win them as well

Whether yo put an air stone in it or not, it's the same as a bubble cloner, just without the bubbles, LOL!

My hypothesis of your Auto Flower Cloning experiment is this: They will continue to flower, and may even finish bud production, provided you give them the right nutes. However, I think that if you try to reveg them, they will reach their completion date and die soon afterward. It will be very interesting to see if you can get it to express the indica side, but the ruderalis/auto trait is a strong one to try to overcome. Good luck!

In two months, I will have some entries for NOTM and POTM. They went into flower on Monday, and are already showing good pistil growth... I think that the transition will only take 5 days this time. They are stretching a bit, but nowhere near as much as if I had them on 18/6 then put them into 12/12. This will be the grow I put into the my BPN review: Part 3, Flowering.

Hey, CanuckGal! Good looking grow so far! Nicely done! donpaul.p tells me you have some questions about cloning? I'd be happy to help if you need it. He asked if I could drop my link for a cloning how-to.

If you have any question at all feel free to ask. I'm subbed, so I'll get them here, and answer them here. :thumb:

Hey jandre2k3, just had a look at your cloning tutorial. Very cleanly put together and easy to read. I use to have a hard time cloning, but then i watched this grow dvd from a medical grow op in B.C. since i started to follow his technique i've had 100% success rate. I don't ph the water its only filtered water from a brita. Couple drops of peroxide, couple drops of liquid seaweed, cloning powder, peat pellets and a heat mate and voila. I don't disinfect, don't wear gloves... i think most over think it, myself included. cheers bro :peace:

@jandre, all i can do is try mate, like i say it was a bud that broke off when i was pulling dead leaves off the bottom of the plant, the bud is tiny on it, i just thought id see what happens, im not even sure if anyone has tried cloning these, chances are it will just carry on its life cycle, but i have been reading that auto's wont flower unless they have some dark time, so im giving them 24-0 just to see what happens, it would be amazing if i could veg it and stop it flowering under 24-0, then i could grow a bigger plant as i love the smell of the buds so far, i know its a long shot, but im hoping that the 24-0 will stop it flowering as growers say they wont flower under 24-0, others say they will, possibly strain dependent, so it will be good to see what happens, i know if i did veg it it wouldnt be classed as an auto as such, but then again, if i vegd it under 24-0 and then put it in the veg room then it should flower again, mate its a long shot, it was either the bin or try to clone, so its under 24-0 hoping that it dont flower under 24-0, chances are it will just die, but its still alive and got some roots coming out of it, ill soon find out how it all goes.

the other thing im confused about is the temps, my plants under glr seem to prefer temps higher than 85f, none of the plants show heat stress, i normally keep the temps around 80 to 85 tops, but i been out all day and get back and the temp gauge said 90f, i checked all of my plants and i have got over an inch of growth of each of my plants and the auto in flower has doubled the size of its buds, no leaves are pointing up at the ends, not plants are wilting, its the highest i have let it get and it must of been 90 most of the day as i was out all day, could this be the strains i am growing, surely they should have shown signs of heat stress, but they never they looked really healthy and i know for sure they have grown more today then they have done over the last 2 days prior, my plant i am doing the lst to had been pulled back down so i know its grown over an inch in under 12 hours today as the both branches grew out of the lst and started growing up towards the light,

soz for taking over your journal canokgal, ill take it over to mine,

Hey jandre2k3, just had a look at your cloning tutorial. Very cleanly put together and easy to read. I use to have a hard time cloning, but then i watched this grow dvd from a medical grow op in B.C. since i started to follow his technique i've had 100% success rate. I don't ph the water its only filtered water from a brita. Couple drops of peroxide, couple drops of liquid seaweed, cloning powder, peat pellets and a heat mate and voila. I don't disinfect, don't wear gloves... i think most over think it, myself included. cheers bro :peace:

Well, as it was a tutorial, I didn't want any bad habits that I have duplicated. Therefore, all the preps, and alcohol, and gloves. This reduces the risk of something going wrong in the cloning process, such as disease, or fungus, that the novice grower/cloner will not know how to handle quickly enough to save the cuttings, thus putting them off cloning. I am better prepared for infection/infestation, so take the risk without gloves, and alcohol preps.

The rockwool is what I use for my mothers' bases so I figured, I'd just clone in the starter cubes in case one shows exceptional strength, so I can pop it onto a gro-block and be done!

I'm sure you have a humidome over your clones, though. Usually when I take cuttings, it is 20 to 30 at a time, so much less checking and misting because the rockwool holds so much water, it keeps the humidity up. I mean look at that tray... that's not a 6-er....

This tutorial was meant for the beginner at cloning and is a simple introduction to the process with as little variables as possible. No added nutrients like seaweed, because plants root faster to try to find nutes when they're starved. No H2O2 Because we're working with sterile equipment already. The water in the mister isn't pH'd and the only water that is (in my case) is the pretreatment of the rockwool. If using coco pellets, that doesn't need to be done. Powder is harder for the beginner to work with, because too much can retard rooting, so this one used gel.

I did put in there that if in a colder clime, the use of a heat mat was suggested, however, for most people reading it, this is not a necessity... CFLs which most beginning growers opt for, put off enough heat to bring the dome to 80-89 without the use of a heat mat.

I'm sure your method gives you 100% if done correctly, but this one has the added benefit of K.I.S.S. and also gives 100% success if done correctly.

@jandre, all i can do is try mate, like i say it was a bud that broke off when i was pulling dead leaves off the bottom of the plant, the bud is tiny on it, i just thought id see what happens, im not even sure if anyone has tried cloning these, chances are it will just carry on its life cycle, but i have been reading that auto's wont flower unless they have some dark time, so im giving them 24-0 just to see what happens, it would be amazing if i could veg it and stop it flowering under 24-0, then i could grow a bigger plant as i love the smell of the buds so far, i know its a long shot, but im hoping that the 24-0 will stop it flowering as growers say they wont flower under 24-0, others say they will, possibly strain dependent, so it will be good to see what happens, i know if i did veg it it wouldnt be classed as an auto as such, but then again, if i vegd it under 24-0 and then put it in the veg room then it should flower again, mate its a long shot, it was either the bin or try to clone, so its under 24-0 hoping that it dont flower under 24-0, chances are it will just die, but its still alive and got some roots coming out of it, ill soon find out how it all goes.

the other thing im confused about is the temps, my plants under glr seem to prefer temps higher than 85f, none of the plants show heat stress, i normally keep the temps around 80 to 85 tops, but i been out all day and get back and the temp gauge said 90f, i checked all of my plants and i have got over an inch of growth of each of my plants and the auto in flower has doubled the size of its buds, no leaves are pointing up at the ends, not plants are wilting, its the highest i have let it get and it must of been 90 most of the day as i was out all day, could this be the strains i am growing, surely they should have shown signs of heat stress, but they never they looked really healthy and i know for sure they have grown more today then they have done over the last 2 days prior, my plant i am doing the lst to had been pulled back down so i know its grown over an inch in under 12 hours today as the both branches grew out of the lst and started growing up towards the light,

soz for taking over your journal canokgal, ill take it over to mine,

True that autos don't flower until they see some dark, so from seed if grown under light 24/7, it is possible to veg them a bit bigger. In my experience, once flipped, that starts the timer. Once pistils start, that's it, it will continue to flower even if under 24/7 lights. This is why most Auto growers flower their autos under 24/4 to give it the dark period required to initiate flowering. However, I used to flip it back to 24/7 after a week or so, to give the most light possible, since they didn't reveg, and just went on about their merry flowering way.

I'm finding that 83-84 is quite a good temp for cannabis, as they transpire more to keep cool and can use CO2 more readily, than at cooler temps. It is suggested that warmer temps around 84 be maintained, especially when enriching with CO2 because of the increased transpiration. I try to keep it as close to 80 as possible, but this can be hard for some people. I believe that if temps are kept below 86 the plants will do very well.

ill see how my temps go, they usually around 80 to 85f but when im out i have to wedge the grow door open with a tall box so the dog cant get in their, if the door is shut it goes over 100f, but still my plants dont show signs of stress, i had some work done on my flat and had to have the door shut for 2 hours, the temps where slightly above 100f, i thought the plants would be dead, but they grew well, i have seen pics where the leaves turn up at the ends, i have not seen this on any of my plants.

thanks for the advice on the auto, i never thought about growing them like that 24-4, so doing that means they can still flower under 24-0, so the next auto i get if i try and see if i can veg it for 2 weeks under 24-0, then give it a couple of days at 24-4 to start the flower process off then i can flip it back to 24-0, im going to give that a try mate with the next auto, some veg time first would be ideal for an auto, i know its pointless if your flowering under 12-12 but if the other plants where in veg then the auto could still go under the veg light to flower, so thanks for the info on the autos mate,

Wow great tutorial! When I take the cutting from the mother, how close to the stem do I cut? After I take the cutting, I've heard to cut the clone under water at a 45degree angle, and to shave the stem, again under water. I'll then dip it in rooting power, and all I have right now is soil, so if I poke a hole into wet soil and pack the stem in, with a dome over top that I sprayed water inside... Will this work?

@jandre, thanks mate, this is exactly why you won member of the month, you could always win this month as well, only takes a nomination and people to vote, the amount of journals you give advice on is truely shocking, it must take you ages, reps coming your way my friend, if it dont let me now the ill send it when i can, im sure canokgal with send you some reps as well, you deserve it mate, you make the difference on a lot of these grows.

to of my water clones have started growing roots, i accidently broke a small tiny branch of my auto with small tiny bud on it, so i decided to see what happens, i know im wasting my time but if it keeps growing roots then their is no reason why my others wont, so far its got 2 small roots growing out of it, so ill see what happens, another clone has also started growing roots, i filled small pots with water and took my clones, dipped them in the rooting gel and put them in the tubs, not sure if i was meant to use the rooting gel or not, but i did, so far it looks like 2 have started rooting, if all root then i may use this method as it seems it dont need the high humidity as i dont have a cloner, but i spray them, the other in the soil i have made covers for to keep humid and they have not wilted this time so i think its doing its job,

once again mate, thanks for coming over, have you seen how canokgal's auto looks, i never seen a plant like it, it looks like the leafs are just 1 finger and grow all the way round the stem, looks pretty crazy to me, im interested in finding out what happens with this auto i got thats growing roots, it seems to be growing new leaves as well, not sure if it will just die when its finished flowering or if it will start growing, ill find out pretty soon

How do I give reps? Great tutorial!

Ya the auto is definitely different, it basically is a single stem, with flowers tight along the middle all down the stem... I'm lsting, that's why it's so low. I'll try to take a good picture of it tomorrow, I'm laying down now and don't think I can take very good photos. All of the leaves are actual like MJ leaves, but packed super tightly together so it looks like a crazy amount if foliage. I'll probably be pretty generous about pulling off any leaves that are unhealthy.

I haven't had my first harvest yet, so Im still buying my Meds. Check out my latest acquisition... I got it for free from a gentleman friend :p.

I repeat I did not grow this.

rBaLR.jpg

vG8yc.jpg

How do I make sure I never grow anything like this? What makes one grow end like this, and others go so great?

Wow great tutorial! When I take the cutting from the mother, how close to the stem do I cut? After I take the cutting, I've heard to cut the clone under water at a 45degree angle, and to shave the stem, again under water. I'll then dip it in rooting power, and all I have right now is soil, so if I poke a hole into wet soil and pack the stem in, with a dome over top that I sprayed water inside... Will this work?

I would suggest you dissolve the powder in water 1 part powder, 2 parts water, and let it soak for up to a minute before poking it into the dirt, and packing it around. Too much rooting powder can actually delay the rooting response.

That ugly bud was probably heat stressed, and had some pH issues locking out nutrients. Either pH or Potassium was not provided in the correct amounts. It might also not be very strong, and taste of lawn clippings.

hi canukgal, i gota agree with jandre on that, it looks to me like it could of had not enough water during the end of flower or it got heat stressed, i dont know enough about ph and nutrient lock out to comment on that, but comparing that to others i have seen that had issues with heat or never watered enough and thats how theirs looked, it might taste really leafy, chances are it would have been some nice bud if grown properly, could of been a rush job, or could of even been fast dried,

im a brummy canukgal,

Just hopping on here quick on my phone, my internet got cut due to non payment, so I might have a bit og a hold up on updates moving forward. This isn't a site I want to be going on at work or at friends houses.

Rant. I tried to pay my bill in cash last week, but they don't accept cash! Only credit card or automatic withdrawl. But all my cards are maxed out, so I had no way of paying them... Ugh its so dumb

im pretty much in the same boat, money so tight round here, hoping i get this job, would solve all my problems, i hope it all works out for you, i now use my fone as my internet dongle and plus my fone into my laptop then use that, its slow but it does the job,

to give someone reps you see where your flag is, well keep going down from that and you will see some writing that says "blog this post" well to the right of that is a star, click on that a little box will appear and just write a comment in it and ok it, then its all done, just make sure you do it to the person your giving the reps to, it will only let you do it every so often else it tells you that you need to spread some love first.

we will all still be here when you get back on, i hope you get everything sorted out soon, take care

Back
Top Bottom