Carcass' $150 Low Budget Grow 2019

But didn't you get the trash can at the dollar store?
Ha! I did, but it was about a year ago- I wasn't sure why I bought them at the time, but I figured they might come in handy to cover an outdoor plant or something (to keep the moths off of it, and the snails away)
I ended up not growing one in the ground this year, so I didn't need it...not for that, anyway :cheesygrinsmiley:

Monday again, so it's time for an Update on the @Weed Seeds Express Zkittles...

She's 58 days old today, been in the Grow Dots for 36 days, and she's a real happy little plant so far...
The SaugaView:

1-Zkittles.jpg

An out of the box shot, so we can see her true colors- The white light from the Nextlight makes her look a bit pale. No deficiencies of any kind yet. I'm real happy with the Grow Dots.
She's (mostly) 9 inches tall, and 18 inches wide- that's as wide as I want her to get, so she'll just be growing upward from now on..
2a-Zkittles.jpg

She's getting 1.25g. of Real Growers Recharge every 6 days, as recommended by the Grow Dot folks...and last week I also started adding 1g. of Aloe Vera powder every watering. It's full of good stuff for the plant:

From Google:
"Aloe vera contains over 75 beneficial compounds including amino acids, antioxidants, complex carbohydrates, calcium, magnesium, zinc, vitamins A, C, E, B-vitamins, and more. When blended into a homemade fertilizer, your plants receive a gentle but potent boost of nutrition."

3-Zkittles.jpg

Well, the ziptie/binder clip thing didn't really work all that well, so I did something else- using a dollar store trash can. The one in the pic is a smaller version- I used the big one. Cut the top 2 inches off the trash can, flattened it out, and wrapped it around the pot...
4-Zkittles.jpg

So now I've got this- still not as good as just using a pool noodle, which I'll go back to on the next one..
2-Zkittles.jpg

I'll be flipping her to 12/12 either in 2 days(day 60) or whenever she reaches 10 inches tall, whichever comes first- she's got some pre-flowers, so she's ready for it..She'll probably end up under 20 inches tall, but that's ok- not as big as the last one, but big enough...

And that's about all for today...
Thanks for looking, I appreciate the support.. :love:
You can find the Carcass/@Trala USA/Australia comparative grow here

Have a great week, hope to see you next time!
MMM, Grow Dots . . .
Looking great Carcass!

Damn that plant looks nice C!

You're vegging longer with the Dots than they recommend, correct. Or did I just read the info on them incorrectly?

Did you prep your pots using the "heavy" rate of Dots?

If I go and buy some aloe vera powder will you reverse on me again and say you're gonna' stop using it?

MMM, Grow Dots
Thanks, GB!
My sentiments exactly!
Did you prep your pots using the "heavy" rate of Dots
Yes, I did ...I was hoping I'd get a bit more mileage out of them if I used the max dose- and it may have worked, but I know I'm not in the clear quite yet..
If I go and buy some aloe vera powder will you reverse on me again and say you're gonna' stop using it?
Come on now, GDB...we  may find a use for all that Easy Weed...or not... :eye-roll: :)
I  will be using the Aloe Vera from now on..I promise.👍..I don't think I could hurt a plant with that stuff if I tried...

Thanks, GB!
My sentiments exactly!

Yes, I did ...I was hoping I'd get a bit more mileage out of them if I used the max dose- and it may have worked, but I know I'm not in the clear quite yet..

Come on now, GDB...we  may find a use for all that Easy Weed...or not... :eye-roll: :)
I  will be using the Aloe Vera from now on..I promise.👍..I don't think I could hurt a plant with that stuff if I tried...
The combination of Carcass Magic and Grow Dots is doing the trick. Your plant is stunning. I have searched for grow dots locally. I wonder if we'll be able to order from Amazon when they launch here, and whether the shipping will be cheaper than it is now.

The combination of Carcass Magic and Grow Dots is doing the trick. Your plant is stunning.
Thank you so much, Carmen- I hope you get a chance to try the Dots...they are by far the easiest nute I've ever used, and (so far) they're doing a great job...
You're vegging longer with the Dots than they recommend, correct. Or did I just read the info on them incorrectly?
Sorry, GDB- I forgot to answer this earlier ..
Technically, I'm still within their 6 week veg recommendation- 6 weeks is 42 days, and today is day 36 since the Dots have been "activated", and I'm flipping on Wed. or thereabouts...
I'm not accounting for the 7-10 day transition to flower though, so I'm cutting it kinda close...surprisingly, though- so far, so good!

occurs to me that a lot of folks now here have no idea what that means or why, but never ask any of us about it. :hmmmm:
OK, I'll bite. What's it mean and why?
If we keep it going, maybe he'll come back- I miss @MrSauga...
I did!! The trick now is keeping me here :p. Lovely looking plant Carcass. I miss everyone too. Thanks for thinking of me. ❤

I think this is your best plant yet!
Thank You, T...💗
I dunno- that last one is going to be hard to beat!
Yeah, I'm with Tra! This one is a beauty!
Thank You, Stone!
I miss everyone too. Thanks for thinking of me. ❤
Hi, Mr.Sauga! Great to see you!:thumb:
Some things will never change, like having people read my posts before I do.
🤪 ...
Some other folks decided it was a good name for that angle, and Bob's your uncle!
I figured I'd explain it if anyone ever asked, but no one ever has...:hmmmm:

Way back in the before times (March 15, 2019) a former member here used to like to take overhead pics and, being a bit on the self-referential side, named that the Saugaview. Some other folks decided it was a good name for that angle, and Bob's your uncle!
Does HH not make it around anymore? You mentioned a former member, and she did coin the phrase. Give credit where credit is due. She has all the good phrases!

You ever wake up in the middle of the night screaming for no reason?
She makes it around a tad more than you that's for sure! Earliest reference I could find was yours. Turns out she wrote it as two words so it didn't turn up in my search. It's here on March 12th!
Ya, I recall admiring hers, or Carcasses, top views and she picked up on it. Since then the term stuck, albeit one less space.
I think a single cameo appearance is much more effective @MrSauga. :laughtwo:

I kid! Nice to hear from you big guy. :ciao:
This explains the screaming. Nice to see you too! :love: You can't fool me though. I know you like me. :high-five:

You ever wake up in the middle of the night screaming for no reason?

Ya, I recall admiring hers, or Carcasses, top views and she picked up on it. Since then the term stuck, albeit one less space.

This explains the screaming. Nice to see you too! :love: You can't fool me though. I know you like me. :high-five:
Maybe I should have tried reverse psychology and urged him to stick around. :straightface:

You mentioned a former member,
Yeah...who in the heck is he talking about..?
She makes it around a tad more than you that's for sure!
Maybe that's changing...:)
I think a single cameo appearance is much more effective @MrSauga. :laughtwo:
I was thinking the same thing,
Nice to see you too! :love:
but,
Maybe I should have tried reverse psychology and urged him to stick around. :straightface:
today is 2 days in a row that Mr.S. has popped in, so whatever you did might be working... :hmmmm:

While I'm in here, how about a flip day Update on the little Zkittles?

She's 61 days old today, 39 of those in the GrowDots:
1- SaugaView®.jpg

She's chompin' at the bit to get this party started...8:00pm tonight she starts 12/12.
2a-Zkittles 2- day 61.jpg

The canopy looks ok right now- hopefully, the stretch is nice to it..:oops:
Zkittles canopy.jpg

I was hoping for ten inches tall before the flip, but she has different ideas...
5-9 inches tall.jpg

Yesterday morning I spotted this on a couple of leaves- gave her 1g of CalMag Pro (8-0-0) to try and keep it in check. It's got a bit of nitrogen in it, but I figure she can use it right about now...according to the Grow Dots folks, she's got 3 days before their N is all used up...although, she's not showing any other deficiencies yet...
4-CalMag needed.jpg

And finally, an out of the box pic...you can see the Grow Dots have taken pretty good care of her so far...lets hope they keep it up through flower...😬
6-Outside the Box....jpg

That's about all for today-
Thanks for looking, I appreciate the support:love:
Have a great day, see you next time:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom