Heavenly Hybrid 2nd Grow: Blackberry Kush, Coco Grow, LED450

lol, I'm not sure tbh. Only part of my garage is moldy. Any part of the garage that is an exterior wall has no insulation, and has the mold. The parts of the garage that have insulation, attached to the interior of the house, are not touched. It's only on the walls that are cold, since condensation forms and with the warm air it reacted like a perfect storm.
Hmm, I’m sorry that happened Sauga. I’ll keep an eye on it because I do see condensation on the little windows at the top of the garage door, so the potential is there for sure.

I think you should lower the light back down since the consensus is wet feet. That will enable you to spend the electricity on grow lights rather than a heater (or less heater anyway).

Is everyone sure that runoff pH in coco is important? I've read a lot of advice that says ignore it if you pH your nutes and water to runoff.

I was thinking of that too. I think I’ll wait just a little longer and see how being on the rack helps first. I went and did what you’re not supposed to do, and changed a bunch of things at once, to try to help them. And they were definitely stressed, so maybe more sensitive to light because of it? Just thinking out loud here. I don’t want to speak too soon, but it looks like I’ve got improvement on one or two of the girls, so I’m holding my breath waiting to see if it lasts.

I also did a flush on BG#2. The ph isn’t as low as I was shooting for, but it’s at least down to 6.4 now. I guess we can wait to see if that makes any difference too?

I’m thinking up on racks and warmer —> dry out faster —> water with lower ph —> all fixed. Lol, I hope and dream.
Totallly realistic hope and dream I’d say. 9 times out of 10 - issues are due to environmental stress. I’m with Shed on getting the lights back to their optimum distance :thumb: I panicked a bit with some of mine once (i’m still very new to indoor growing) and moved the light higher. It didnt help and only sufficed to deprive the babies of light when they were trying to recover. I’m no expert about lighting - that’s just an anecdote :) Maybe do it slowly over a few days if you’re nervous about it (I would be!). :Namaste:

Totallly realistic hope and dream I’d say. 9 times out of 10 - issues are due to environmental stress. I’m with Shed on getting the lights back to their optimum distance :thumb: I panicked a bit with some of mine once (i’m still very new to indoor growing) and moved the light higher. It didnt help and only sufficed to deprive the babies of light when they were trying to recover. I’m no expert about lighting - that’s just an anecdote :) Maybe do it slowly over a few days if you’re nervous about it (I would be!). :Namaste:
Thanks Amy, I’m hesitently thinking they are improving. Getting racks under them was a great suggestion and I wish I wouldn’t have strayed from it so quickly before. But they’re up now and there they’ll stay! There’s some ph issues happening for sure too, but I think it may have been a side effect. If they still look good tonight, I’ll start lowering them a little more each day. :hug: Thanks guys!

So a small update for two of my girls.

First up Bubblegum #2

She is looking perkier than I have seen her in many days. She would perk up a bit each evening, but not like this.

Next up Sneaky B

Also the perkiest this girl has been, possibly since I brought her down to this tent. There are still leaf symptoms all over her and I’m trying to monitor for worsening of those symptoms, but I will happily take perky leaves as a sign of improvement.

For those wondering what I’ve been up to...
I did something experimental and different and I tapped into my roots from my very first job at a flower shop. Here’s the breakdown:

I think the biggest first helper was getting the racks under them. I also chatted with Newty and she said ph was her biggest concern. She recommended a flush, like right away. Well, anyone who has had to flush - it’s a real friggin pain and it takes forever. I also have 5 (five!) sad, over ph girls. Here’s where I tapped into that good ol flower shop experience. Rather than the standard flush treatment, I gave these two girls a ‘heavenly dip’ (enter shed’s trademark circle R here). I filled a bin with 4 gallons of water with 1/4 strength nutes (ph at 5.5). This put the water mark at about 3/4 the height of the fabric pot. I set the plant into the water and let it soak up the water and flush down the ph. The first one I did in increments of 5 minutes (BG2). This didn’t bring the ph down quite as low as I would like, but it was dramatically lower and at least within the ph guidelines for coco. I finished her with a full strength nute feeding.

When BG2 didn’t die the next day, I decided to try it again with Sneaky B. So the same treatment of 4 gallons of 1/4 strength 5.5ph water. This time I gave her a ‘heavenly dip’ for 10 minutes, 2x. Also finished with a full nute feeding. This one brought the ph down ~0.7 and into the proper range.

I’ve already heard from some “experts” that dipping plants is bad for them. When I ran my idea by Newty, she said Stank has dipped his plants before, for treating pests. My girls were in dire condition. I guess I was willing to risk it based on my knowledge from past experience; plus, I like a good experiment. I’ll keep watching them, but these two have bounced back in a way that will make it very difficult for anyone to convince me that dipping the roots under water is bad for them. This has also made me a believer that runoff ph does need to be monitored, because these two girls had the highest ph runoff of them all. They have both recovered far better than I’d hoped for and better than any of the others have so far too. It’s a little early for high fives or anything, but I’m so excited to see them happy again, and pretty quickly too. A big thank you to everyone who has stuck around and helped through my droopy, sad lady show. Hopefully we’re really on the road to recovery here. :yummy:
Happy Gardening! :ciao:

Heavenly Dip® :)

They both look much better, and great idea on the dip! :welldone:

High Brix folks actually do a dip to water their plants at some point on that schedule they follow. It certainly can't hurt a plant in coco.

The yellow looks a bit like a magnesium deficiency but without knowing what you're feeding them (and the fact that they look so much better) I'm hesitant to recommend any changes now.

Yaaaaaas!!

They both look much better, and great idea on the dip! :welldone:

High Brix folks actually do a dip to water their plants at some point on that schedule they follow. It certainly can't hurt a plant in coco.

The yellow looks a bit like a magnesium deficiency but without knowing what you're feeding them (and the fact that they look so much better) I'm hesitant to recommend any changes now.
I agree on the Mg, I use the General Organics go box. I don’t have a good understanding on the domino effect of lockout, so I thought I’d just stay on the regular regime with a tiny bit extra for fun. Hoping they’d sort themselves out a bit with the ph getting better. I’ll keep eyes on her for sure.

Thanks @MrSauga, we’re not quite out of the woods yet. There was a little drooping this afternoon, so I’m still in watching and waiting mode.

Update for BBK (aka Queen)
Day 99 / 23 blooming

Defol day!! I wanted to do it earlier, but Mr Hybrid decided to get mad at me about my hobby. Excuse me while I :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
So anyway, I did it today. I tried to not go quite as hard as I did on my first grow. I think I did alright with it. I wasn’t able to get great pics of before and after, but I did manage a couple.

The Sauga view - aka view from the top

I’m pretty happy with how it turned out. I wish I would’ve been better about opening up those 4 pillars before she hardened off so much. I’m too afraid to touch them now, after I split the middle. I accidentally made another little split on one of the baby branches, nothing to blink at, but I said - nope! I’m not touching another thing! Lol, so I stuck to defoliating only. I’m so in love with this BBK, her smell is amazing and fruity. I couldn’t help but make a little attempt to reveg a little branch that was too low anyway. If it dies, so be it, but I had to just give it a try since I was going to cut it off anyway.

Good luck little baby! Sure would be nice if you decided to stick around a while! :kisstwo:

That’s about all for today everyone, Happy Gardening! :ciao:

Your tidy up prune looks great HH!

And nice call on dunking your pots :thumb:

Heavenly Dunk® :battingeyelashes:

I dont think ‘dip’ accurately describes soaking the roots through ;) ...plus, what newty said about Van dipping his and having some problems the first time, he was dipping the foliage ( with the plant upside-down to treat for pests) and the first time he left it too long and burnt it.

In the High Brix system many use a watering tech we call ‘dunking’ - you can do it in any soil grow of course, I did it in my own soil as well - and that’s how we feed in early veg - until the pots get too big.

Here’s a little movie of doc doing it.

If you ever grow in soil I can highly recommend it - the plants love it! (You mix the drench twice as strong when doing it this way).

Harvest day (last night)!!!
Mystery auto - Day 66

I’m happy to report this little auto is out of the tent. :cheesygrinsmiley: Makin room for the C99 seeds when they arrive.

Here she is, one last look

A few trich shots. Foxtails anyone?

Still kinda sad, but better than her sisters did.

After trimming - my mini Christmas tree :laughtwo:

Lol, all these little green spots, I kept thinking I uncovered some hidden bananas. But the coast was clear in the end. She’s done and hanging all in one piece. Would it be better to cut it into smaller pieces to dry?
I suppose some buds are better than no buds. I’m certainly glad to be nearly done with these surprise autos. I see for myself why growers will go ahead and cull stunted autos! It’s all learning though, so I’ll take what I can get, and aim to do better next time.
1 down, 5 to go!

my mini Christmas tree :laughtwo:

It really is! :laughtwo: You’ve trimmed it up very nicely :yummy:

Nice to have smoke of your own however small, I think i’m yet to get much more than an oz off an auto, mostly its been less thatn half! I’ll keep trying tho - as long as I have these seeds :D

Looking forward to the C99 :popcorn: I have a seed I was gifted a little while back that I have no idea when I’ll fit it in, it’ll be fun to watch some grow out and to see how you like it.

Back
Top Bottom