Heavenly Hybrid 1st Grow: Mango Kush Indoor LED ScrOG Grow 2018

If you can raise the humidity to 60% in the drying room you'll never have to worry about over drying. And keep in mind that the meter may read 70% in the jars with the orange peel in it, but the buds take much longer to absorb that moisture. Take the peel out and seal the jar up for 12 hours and then see what it reads. That's a more accurate reading of the buds themselves.

Ok, I’ll back off of them and just monitor for a while. I took the peel out first thing this morning. Left the jars open for a couple hours to bring rH back down again. So far they’re down only a little. There’s no fan blowing on the drying buds, it’s a real mystery to me! I had my cool air humidifier going, but a distance away from where buds were hanging. Sigh, this is harder than I anticipated... I’ll get through, thanks to you all for helping me again!

If they start to seem dry on the stems you can always cut them down and jar them. A short hang isn't as good as a long one, but you can mimic the hanging dry while in the jars with longer burping times (like two weeks) before sealing them for the cure. Sometimes it's easier to control the RH in the jars than in an open area. The idea is to get the chlorophyll to migrate out of the buds and that takes time and air, but it can still be done in jars with the lids off.

Just don't rush any stage and you'll end up with the product you deserve!

Good advice all around!
DDFBA05A-2EEF-4F7D-8C04-D45830D6A89D.gif

Nice job double H. It gets easier every time. Just keep it up and never give up.
Thanks Derby! I’m gonna keep at it.
B322B750-5B39-4D61-8628-1EFE9EBDFB60.jpeg

Cool emoji @Mr. Magoo!
@InTheShed i checked another little bud and it came off with some string still, so I’ll leave them hanging. I bumped up the rH to 60% where they’re drying too. Thanks for the advice :yummy:

Heavenly harvest week Batgirl! :D

Super fabulous :slide:

Either way, I guess as long as the smoke is good, I don’t care about the size.
You know, you really won’t. It’s just such an awesome thing to smoke your own grown known where it comes from ganja! It’s always the best. You know, you really won’t. That’s just such an awesome thing to smoke your own grown, known where it comes from ganja. It’s always the best!
:rollit:

Personally I use the water straight out of the the hose!
Me too!
don't know the temperature but as I recall the original bud wash thread said "warm."

I know Graytail did a whole lot of experimenting with temps and hot cold buckets. Not sure if that discussion is in the budwash thread or one of his journals but I read it somewhere. Anyhoo, he ended up settling in what comes out of the tap/hose, if memory serves. I don’t think he found any particular benefits of temp variation.

Don't forget to keep burping Marlin!
Thank you Shed! You’ve been so helpful throughout and I really appreciate it!!

Yeah - Shed’s got your back! :high-five:

And newty too :D my first band hashtag #whatshedsaid

I totally think you got the timing right for them too. Nice job. All best with the surgery and recovery. Looking forward to the next grow!
:Namaste:

:love::love: Thank you so much @Amy Gardner :love::love:
My hubs asked when we could smoke some, and when I told him 2-3 weeks before we could sample, he was a little disappointed. :laugh: I’m glad he’s as eager to check it out as I am! I got my humidipaks today and they’re nestled in the jars already. I was leaving the tops off the jars and the rH was barely budging. Rrrr, glad Boveda’s got my back too. :rofl: I’ll get it figured out next time, but for now, I’m glad to be rid of one more thing to worry about! Nemo is drying more slowly now that I bumped up the rH in the drying area. Maybe in jars tomorrow? I can’t wait for my last weigh in on this grow. Then the great wait for smoking some! :roorrip::ganjamon:

Hello again! Today Nemo went into her new home - aka a jar. Nemo weighed in at 33g, and with Marlin weighing in at 51g = 84g for both my girls. Just shy of 3oz. so not too bad considering I had no clue what I was doing! Next time I hope to work on my #girthgame I’ve seen some monster colas on here and that is my next goal! Blackberry Kush is on deck, gotta make em fat. ;) I also think I’ve solved the mystery of why my buds were drying out too fast. I almost don’t want to say it, because it’s pretty dumb of me, but maybe it will help someone else in the future? When I hung my buds to dry after their harvest and bud wash, I left the bathroom vent fan on for the smell factor. :eek:o_O Facepalm!! Even though it wasn’t a fan blowing air on them, it was sucking air right near it, basically the same effect. Too bad I didn’t figure it out a little sooner! Anyhow, live and learn, upward and onward. I’ve got them all nestled into their jars with 62% Boveda 2-way paks (brings humidity up OR down) and it’s keeping them at a perfect 62%. Seriously great invention!! I’ll probably get some at the 58% level too, for when I’m ready to have a smoking jar, unless y’all think it’s unnecessary? Honestly, I’m pretty glad to have those Bovedas right about now though, it was really stressing me out (lol, anxiety issues showing!) I’m burping away, twice a day and shaking them around to be sure they’re not sticking together. I’ll start doing it just once a day soon and then the game of waiting. Hopefully it smokes well, I’ll update with a smoke report once it’s done curing. :yummy::ganjamon:

with 62% Boveda 2-way paks (brings humidity up OR down)
I thought I would mention that Bovedas work pretty slowly so they're not good at quickly lowering and raising the RH in the jars if you need speed (like to prevent mold it it's too damp or if they dried really fast). That's where rice balls and the orange peel techniques are handy.

Congrats on the weight! Not too shabby for your first time out :thumb:.

Good advice all around!
DDFBA05A-2EEF-4F7D-8C04-D45830D6A89D.gif
Where’d you get that secret super cool emoji???

Giiiiirl! That’s your first harvest?? I pull those numbers now on plants LOL

I guess I’m also working on my #girthgame.

Y’all are so lucky to have such supportive partners, helping and growing together #nomadnewty
:passitleft:

Wakey bakey?

Nice first harvest HH! Rounds 2 and 3 are always the most fun to watch so I'm really looking forward to seeing even better results on those! You are asking questions and listening to some great advice so keep it up and you'll be winning contests in no time!

Nice first harvest HH! Rounds 2 and 3 are always the most fun to watch so I'm really looking forward to seeing even better results on those! You are asking questions and listening to some great advice so keep it up and you'll be winning contests in no time!
Thank you Asesino! :love: Maybe I can win a contest after I join the #quadsquadjrleague

Y’all are so lucky to have such supportive partners, helping and growing together #nomadnewty

Lol, it’s true Newty, but in my case - he also smokes up all my weed! #onlychild #dontliketoshare :laugh:

Great first harvest. As far as rh if you take a bud out and grind it and let it sit for about an hour she should smoke just fine and then the 58% aren't needed.
Awesome! Thank you Derby, I’ll do that and keep my money right in my pocket then! Lol

84g or smoke is nothing to hang you head at! Great first harvest HH and the future holds more to come!

Keep up the great work:high-five:
Thank you Dutchman, I’m excited to see what happens the next time around!

I can’t tell you all how much all of your support and advice has meant to me through this first grow. A sincere thank you to each of you on here! I seriously love this community!! And one special little shout out to @InTheShed for giving me so much advice, each time I had a question, I knew could always count on you to give me some solid answers!
:hug::love::thanks:

Back
Top Bottom