Heavenly Hybrid 2nd Grow: Blackberry Kush, Coco Grow, LED450

Today I jump back in the tent with my 2nd ever grow! :slide:
I got my seeds started under a smaller 75w LED light, just to get them going, then after they sprout a bit, they’ll be cozy under my Viparspectra LED 450w.
This time around I’ll be using a coco and perlite mix, but for now they’re tucked in for the night in some peat pellets on a 18/6 schedule, feeling the warmth and beginning their journey towards the sun. :yummy:
In a couple weeks, I’ll be adding some General Organics nutrients (from the GO Box).
And now, for the most exciting part (at least to me) this grow’s flavor is.... Blackberry Kush, from I love growing marijuana seed bank.
Training for these beauties will be my first attempt at quadlining. #quadsquadjrleague
Lol, wish me luck and I’m happy to have you along for the ride!
C750AD68-35AE-42F3-BC9B-A050313CF39D.jpeg
Subbed up!

I went back and edited in the link to the test result.

If you search any strain/chemovar name and ‘terpene profile’ you get lab test results. Labs nearly always publish them online. MCR labs and Analytical360 are 2 that I use a lot.
A lot of those 180 aren't even plant samples, so it was a bit of good luck that double H's plant was on there! I'll check the Analytic360 site and see what they have. Nothing I grow was on the MCR site.

Oops, I thought that said 1 of 5. Not 55! Lol
Lol, it is nearing the end pretty soon, I’d just look at the pics if I were you, or just do a search for the BBK updates, because the rest is rather lame - at least I think so! :laughtwo:

Yes - fuel/diesel is pretty common as an aroma. As far as I can tell it’s a combination of terpenes that makes that smell happen. Dunno which ones tho’...

A lot of those 180 aren't even plant samples, so it was a bit of good luck that double H's plant was on there! I'll check the Analytic360 site and see what they have. Nothing I grow was on the MCR site.
Yeah - it just depends if anyone has ever had it tested. I don’t bother searching the labs - I search with the google and look for lab reports in the results. Sometimes they’re only cannabinoid profiles too - costs more to have the terps done as well i guess.

You can see they’re different - it’s interesting too, some differences aren’t that subtle. Both have heaps!! of caryophellene which is just fanstastic! But the myrcene is really high in one and hardly present in the other. Lots of humulene too, which is thought to ba anti-tumour and is an appetite suppressant so may temper the ‘munchies’ :D And one result showed a lot of nerolidol. Now that’s an interesting one! It’s currently being studied for demonstrating the properties as a transdermal facilitator so watch out for topicals with it :eek: . Yours may have none of that in there tho so i’m kind of kidding. ;)

Hey, Heavenly - B-caryophellene is a super powered terpene ;). It is one of the things that makes some plants turn the lovely purples and taste like pepper when you eat the tips you pull off during veg. Its also found in Thai basil, clove, cinnamon and black pepper and exhibits similar actions to a cannabinoid in that it interacts directly with the CB2 receptors - one of the cannabinoid receptors we have, pretty much all over - so it is now being called a phytocannabinod as well as a terpene. It is anti-inflammatory, anti-septic, anti-bacterial and anti-fungal (it’s just one big protest march! :rofl: ). You can use black pepper to ease the anxiety ridden effects of ‘having too much’ THC and it’s thought that it’s the B-caryophellene doing this work. It stands to reason then that plants with high levels will be less anxiety inducing and I’m sure I can testify to that - the DDA I grew was absolutely tiny but it was the strongest smoothest happiest high i think I’ve had. Usually with stuff that string i can wig out just a little bit but not with that one - it really was some of the strongest I’ve had and I was totally good with it. I chalk it up to all that purple :hookah:

Woah - hope you don’t mind me rehearsing all my studies here... prepping for an exam, and all :Namaste:

Different terpenes will be more or less present as differnt times during the grow and afterwards as well. They’re volatile, some more than others. For example my white widow’s mango smell diminished a bit during cure and a kind of burnt rubber became prominent - not exactly delightful bit not hideous either - I except that to change again woth a few weeks in the jars. You’ll get better at it. SOmtimes i seek out some lab reports to help me wth suggestions of what could be in my plants. SOMetimes that’s all it takes. It was only when my friend smelled teh critical mass and said ooh passionfruit that I realised that was the smell I’d been trying to place. Its a fun world - all the smells of cannabis :love:

All for salve and salve for all!
Did I miss a salve tutorial somewhere? I’m so POed about all these seeded buds I have. I keep considering just using a bunch of it in capsules, butter, salves maybe? I know you said I should just pick them out, but I really hate it. Every time I pick out a seed, my heart/ego sheds a tear.

Little update, I jarred up the last of the auto run, but I forgot to put up the numbers for the JH#1 and BG#1. Not that it counts for all that much because there’s seeds throwing off the weights, but JH#1 = 50g, by far the biggest of the autos. BG#1 = 35g. I’ve been burping the jars and man, they may be all seedy, but they smell so good! May need to grab some testers soon.

Blackberry Kush (Queen BBK) is still hangin around. It’s opening day for fishing, so that’s what we will be doing for the next couple of days, but after that, I think BBK will be ready to harvest. Here’s a few pics from two days ago. To me, it looks mostly cloudy, but not enough ambers yet. Hoping a couple more days will amber it up a little more.
08EE1CB1-AEC0-40E1-8D16-31BAB2E158FB.jpeg
0BCCC461-749C-4F6D-8137-E2229335CEFE.jpeg
B3C4C7F4-0D43-4610-9A93-D2A6284C96D5.jpeg
5E108969-0B67-47B2-9F76-F708E757AD09.jpeg

Thats what’s happening here at Heavenly Farms, Happy Gardening :ciao:

Back
Top Bottom