Moby dicks
6 weeks old
Soil
Fed on vegetable water from cooking my dinner plus liquidised vegetables
They drink Mineral water only
Apple cider vinegar to pH down
Temps and RH stable at 24c and 45Rh
Sitting under a P600

As you may be able to see from the photos, I have chewed leaves (not me personally chewing them, although I have been tempted)
I have carefully checked every single leaf, stem, stalk, soil I could with a magnifying glass and I can't see any critters. Could this just be mutant leaves or am I missing something important. Plants are otherwise healthy.
Just the odd leaf is showing this problem.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks again

Squiggz

20210119_110449.jpg

20210119_110430.jpg

20210119_110601.jpg

20210119_110605.jpg

20210119_110518.jpg

20210119_104113.jpg

20210119_103948.jpg

Interesting. Does look like something has been chewing on them. Our man @NuttyProfessor may have an idea? How are you finding the Apple cider vinegar? I used to use that but had some issues on a previous grow and read that whilst it works it's not stable for long so I switched.

yes, something is in there munching... they look a bit overwatered too. :peace: :love:
Thanks for stopping by. I just can't find anything under x60 magnification. I examined each plant for over 2 hours each and nothing was obvious.
And yes you are spot on with the overwatering. They got slightly flooded yesterday .:confused:

Interesting. Does look like something has been chewing on them. Our man @NuttyProfessor may have an idea? How are you finding the Apple cider vinegar? I used to use that but had some issues on a previous grow and read that whilst it works it's not stable for long so I switched.
Hi mate. your right also. They do look like some little bugger is feasting. Unless it's a new species of invisible leaf munchers. I can't find them.
I will ask the prof also.He's a clever chappy.
I've used apple cider vinegar on all 4 grows I've done and had no problems at all. Soil is pretty forgiving. The mineral water from the CO-OP is 7.8 in the bottle and I would rather use something natural than the shop bought acids. What do you use now for PH'ing

Yeah I did 3 grows without issue and then started having problems. I suspect the issues were more to do with my soil tinkering though. But as precaution I started using GT pH down. Just pricked a hole in the foil lid and add a few drops at a time. Nice and easy. Whilst trying to figure out that issue I started using mineral water from the Co-op too. Ha ha. 19p for a 2L bottle I think. Now I'm back on tap water but use eco-thrive neutralise to get rid of the chlorine and chloramine.

Yeah I did 3 grows without issue and then started having problems. I suspect the issues were more to do with my soil tinkering though. But as precaution I started using GT pH down. Just pricked a hole in the foil lid and add a few drops at a time. Nice and easy. Whilst trying to figure out that issue I started using mineral water from the Co-op too. Ha ha. 19p for a 2L bottle I think. Now I'm back on tap water but use eco-thrive neutralise to get rid of the chlorine and chloramine.
19p a litre. It's the only thing that is cheap in the CO-OP..:p
It looks like my next task, is going on a journey through your journals later. It may take me a while but im going to learn what you have discovered.
see you over on your side

Hi mate. your right also. They do look like some little bugger is feasting. Unless it's a new species of invisible leaf munchers. I can't find them.
I will ask the prof also.He's a clever chappy.
I've used apple cider vinegar on all 4 grows I've done and had no problems at all. Soil is pretty forgiving. The mineral water from the CO-OP is 7.8 in the bottle and I would rather use something natural than the shop bought acids. What do you use now for PH'ing
You can lower pH with lemon juice, raise it with baking soda. Both 100% natural.
Get some ascorbic acid (Vitamin C) powder. I get mine off Amazon (Bulk Supplements). I add 1/4 tsp per 5 gallons. It gets rid of the chlorine and the ammonium associated with chloramine immediately after a good shaking.

Post in thread 'What is your preferred method for removing chlorine or chloramine in tap water?'
What is your preferred method for removing chlorine or chloramine in tap water?

You can lower pH with lemon juice, raise it with baking soda. Both 100% natural.

Get some ascorbic acid (Vitamin C) powder. I get mine off Amazon (Bulk Supplements). I add 1/4 tsp per 5 gallons. It gets rid of the chlorine and the ammonium associated with chloramine immediately after a good shaking.

Post in thread 'What is your preferred method for removing chlorine or chloramine in tap water?'
What is your preferred method for removing chlorine or chloramine in tap water?
I will have to revisit chloramine issue. My head almost exploded reading about way to remove and for some reason they all seemed as bad for plant except for really expensive filter systems. I was filling up buckets of water and letting is sit for a day or two until I learned about Chloramine. My plants don't really give a shit. Microbes in soil must hate it tho. I wonder what actual affects are.

Get some ascorbic acid (Vitamin C) powder.
Yeah I looked into that but seemed a hassle weighing out such small quantities when I only mix up 5L at a time max. To be fair the neutralise product only cost £5 for a bottle and it lasts ages. 1 drop per litre nice and easy. I can live with that.

Did you look at the link?
The first word “Here” is a link to the effects of it all to plants.

Yeah I looked into that but seemed a hassle weighing out such small quantities when I only mix up 5L at a time max. To be fair the neutralise product only cost £5 for a bottle and it lasts ages. 1 drop per litre nice and easy. I can live with that.
I was growing LOS, so I decided on the vitamin C. I water 10 gallons every other day, so a little scoop each jug is easier for me. Lol.

It ain't eating much... I'm guessing it's a small green caterpillar that will get bigger and easier to see.
Thanks for chipping in. Im used to leaf munchers in my back garden on the veg, but 99% of the time you can find them, sitting there having their dinner. But this must be a master of camouflage. It's getting shot at close range when I find the little bigger...

Back
Top Bottom