Come Grow With Me: A Beginners Guide

I got my 2nd Cherry on Top chopped down & hanging. The 3rd one I'm not sure about yet. Going to check it tonight to make sure. That will only leave the 2 PITA "Peyote Wi Fi" girls.
I need to look into the hash making thing. I have a bowl full of sticky ass trim. Going to watch a few video's on it so I can see how to do it step by step. I wonder if it comes out anything like the Blonde Lebanese or Black Afghanistan Hash of yesteryear. Sure hope so as I'm looking forward to sticking a chunk on a pin under a glass & getting ripped like in the 70's.

Well after watching Hash making video's all I can say is "That is not Hash !" Powder stuff you smoke in a bong is not what I want. I want the stuff that comes in solid blocks & you gram it up with a razor blade. That's Hash !
I wonder how you can make this into blocks so you can put chunks on a pin & smoke it. I don't do Bongs or Pipes anymore as it chokes the hell out of me.
I don't know, but from the video's the stuff they were smoking reminded me of Meth Monsters. Call me old fashioned if you want; but if you have to use a torch to light it.... it's no longer weed. Weed lights up with a Bic Lighter.... lol.

Here's pics of what I call Hash. This is what I want to make. Anyone know how ?
making-hash-like-a-pro-dutch-passion-seed-company-cannabis-weed-hashbrick-weed.jpg
making-hash-like-a-pro-dutch-passion-seed-company-cannabis-weed-hash-hasj-on-a-plate (1).jpg

Here is a link to @Ganjagrandaddy that's how they used to make Ice-o-lator in Amsterdam way back in the day aswell.

Love me some Afghan black hash.
Check out a bloke called Toto grow UK on YouTube ,making dry trim hash.
He makes some black hash real easy method.
I looked up the iso2 & no longer made. It sold in High Times in the late 70's for $180. Today if you can find one it's over $2,000.00. Talk about Inflation. Damned Reaganomics.... LOL. Gotta Blame someone, Right ?

Here's pics of what I call Hash. This is what I want to make. Anyone know how ?
making-hash-like-a-pro-dutch-passion-seed-company-cannabis-weed-hashbrick-weed.jpg
making-hash-like-a-pro-dutch-passion-seed-company-cannabis-weed-hash-hasj-on-a-plate (1).jpg
I like to sift whatever extra trimmings & buds I have using dry ice & bubble bags.
It'll usually compresses well if the kief is of fine grade. & Using dry ice to shake out all the kief makes it many times easier than sifting regular dried leaf & bud otherwise.
Also by using dry ice & a bubble bag instead of water & bubble bag the kief's water content remains dry closer to it was than before.
Saves loads of hassle using dry ice, biggest difficulty would probably be handling the dry ice carefully though.
Which isn't really all that difficult, just requires caution.

I got a pack of bubble bags off the zon which came with different screen sizes & it's worked wonders for me.
With your skills & growing I bet you could make a chunk of hash like that pretty easy with a bubble bag & some dry ice come harvest time.
Compressing something that large though, it's almost like a brick lol. You might be able to pack it into any molding you'd like & just compress it by hand or something of the sort.

Every time I make the Dry Ice Kief using a bubble bag, it compresses/molds so easily it's almost like play-doh until it hardens

Also prefer cooking kief into oil as opposed to trimmings, as it doesn't leech chlorophyll, & seems to make for a cleaner tasting oil that still has the great bud flavor..

I like to sift whatever extra trimmings & buds I have using dry ice & bubble bags.
It'll usually compresses well if the kief is of fine grade. & Using dry ice to shake out all the kief makes it many times easier than sifting regular dried leaf & bud otherwise.
Also by using dry ice & a bubble bag instead of water & bubble bag the kief's water content remains dry closer to it was than before.
Saves loads of hassle using dry ice, biggest difficulty would probably be handling the dry ice carefully though.
Which isn't really all that difficult, just requires caution.

I got a pack of bubble bags off the zon which came with different screen sizes & it's worked wonders for me.
With your skills & growing I bet you could make a chunk of hash like that pretty easy with a bubble bag & some dry ice come harvest time.
Compressing something that large though, it's almost like a brick lol. You might be able to pack it into any molding you'd like & just compress it by hand or something of the sort.

Every time I make the Dry Ice Kief using a bubble bag, it compresses/molds so easily it's almost like play-doh until it hardens
The dry ice method sounds like a plan less mess. I'll try that with next grow. I gave my trim from 1st grow to a friend

yes mate. piece of piss to make and never waste trim again. I have a thread on how to do it too below
Let's make some bubble hash today . it is fun to make and with enough trim , an endless supply.
I just ordered the 5 gal. 5 Bag set with pollen press on zon. Suppose to be here Thurs. 5 Bag set was $10 cheaper then the 3 Bag set. Go figure. Do you decarb the trim 1st ? I'm getting a little excited about this. Haven't had Hash in forever !

It went really easily last time I made some using dry ice.
I put all my trim in a grade 73 micron bubble bucket, added in a couple pieces of dry ice, shook it over a large bowl & watched the trichomes fall then scooped it all up. Left me with some high quality kief. :)
Whatever anyone does with it afterwards is up to them
fyi the dry ice causes the plant to freeze which causes the buds & trim to break apart & the trichomes to fall off the buds. It's usually a quick process to get most the trichomes using dry ice.. however if shaken for too long plant material will become more present as the plant breaks apart from freezing.

Just handle the dry ice with care if you do use it. ( Ventilation, & gloves or tongs to handle the dry ice )
I'd recommend checking royal queen seed's page on it
Royal Queen Seeds How to make dry ice hash

It went really easily last time I made some using dry ice.
I put all my trim in a grade 73 micron bubble bucket, added in a couple pieces of dry ice, shook it over a large bowl & watched the trichomes fall then scooped it all up. Left me with some high quality kief. :)
Whatever anyone does with it afterwards is up to them
fyi the dry ice causes the plant to freeze which causes the buds & trim to break apart & the trichomes to fall off the buds. It's usually a quick process to get most the trichomes using dry ice.. however if shaken for too long plant material will become more present as the plant breaks apart from freezing.

Just handle the dry ice with care if you do use it. ( Ventilation, & gloves or tongs to handle the dry ice )
I'd recommend checking royal queen seed's page on it
Royal Queen Seeds How to make dry ice hash
I think I need to find better step by step directions with pics after each step. Ganjagrandaddy's tutorial isn't in depth enough. Sure he explains it. But not a pic showing what things look like after each step. His pics show a bunch of trim in a bucket & then goes to a finished product. What happens at each step in between ? It's like trying to cook dinner with a blindfold on... lol. I'm much more confident when I can match what I'm making to a pic at each step of the way.
I still don't even know if I need to decarb the trim 1st. Hasn't said in any tutorial I've read. I've got about 2 weeks before I plan to make it ; so hopefully I'll find really good instructions by then. I have a 1/2 lb. of weed to use for it if it comes out good. But want to test it with the trim & popcorn bud 1st. I'll check out RQS. Thanks !

Just looked at the RQS instructions. Sounds easier then ice cubes & water. My question for you is... Is the kief moist or dry ? It looks like dry white crystals in pics. So that is what is making me wonder how this shit forms into a hash block.
All Greek to me... as they say. I'm sure I'll figure it out while doing it & say... OH, that makes sense now.

Definitely easier than ice cubes & water I'd say.
The dry ice doesn't seem to increase the flower water content when I use it.
It's usually been on the drier side when I've made it. I used dry trim & buds though.
Still might be good to let it dry a bit afterwards if your planning on compressing it, just incase there's remaining moisture that can cause mold after pressed.
After making the dry ice kief it basically can be compressed or pressed into a block afterwards.
I read something about using a pollen press on the RQS website for compressing it.
A press would cost extra though, & isn't really necessary anyways so I skipped that.
Usually I'll just leave it as kief, but it packs so easily that I could even compress it by hand if I wanted.
If you have any molds to pack it into, like cookie cutters you can probably just pack it in the molding until its a brick.

Mars Hydro started another giveaway again. Get on it you guys. It's for an FC-E4800 Light & 4x4 Grow Tent. Can't beat it if you're the lucky winner !
How are you my friend hope all the is well down there.
Is that a thread they started for that give away or something on their site?
Bill
I found it, thank you very much.

Back
Top Bottom