Come SOG With Me: 112 Plants, 2 Liter, Hempy SOG

420fied, just catching up on journals after a week out of town. Looking forward to seeing your next harvest. Are you seeing an increase in yield as you get more an more dialed in? Or do you feel that you're at the upper limit for this strain/technique?

Great journal, thanks for sharing all of the information.

I just saw this. I hate missing posts like this but sometimes they get lost in the shuffle and I don't respond but I want to touch on this one.

First of all let me say a belated "thanks".

I feel that I am at the limit with my current lights and setup. Obviously I'd see an increase if I switched to 1000 watters or added Co2 but for my 600's I feel that 16g per plant going straight to 12/12 is as good as it's going to get but I am certainly satisfied with that.

I feel that 16g per plant going straight to 12/12 is as good as it's going to get but I am certainly satisfied with that.

yeah, dude 1.5 g/watt is considered the limit a master grower can achieve indoors. 1g is expert level and .5 is journeyman is what i've been told....

also maybe super glue isn't workin for me bc i'm using black/white polyvinyl and not plastic

Hello 420, I would be happy with half that weight per plant but you are on a completely different level. Quick question, I started my own little hempy grow, kind of on accident but what I did is put my bottles in a tote and cut holes in the lid and use the tote to catch the excess water. I also put a couple air stones in the tote and kind of use it as a res. It seems to empty out every couple days and I add fresh nutes. The roots have exploded out the holes in the bottles and the plants seem to be doing very well. The only issues I am having is I can not empty the tote because of all the roots that have made their way through the holes. I would not think this would be that big of an issue because the nutes get replenished every couple days with very little excess left. What are your thoughts.

Again amazing work... inspired to say the least....Bless...

Hello 420, I would be happy with half that weight per plant but you are on a completely different level. Quick question, I started my own little hempy grow, kind of on accident but what I did is put my bottles in a tote and cut holes in the lid and use the tote to catch the excess water. I also put a couple air stones in the tote and kind of use it as a res. It seems to empty out every couple days and I add fresh nutes. The roots have exploded out the holes in the bottles and the plants seem to be doing very well. The only issues I am having is I can not empty the tote because of all the roots that have made their way through the holes. I would not think this would be that big of an issue because the nutes get replenished every couple days with very little excess left. What are your thoughts.

Again amazing work... inspired to say the least....Bless...

Make smaller holes.

Thanks for the kind words my friend. As always, you are a welcome sight.

Make smaller holes.

Thanks for the kind words my friend. As always, you are a welcome sight.

I was actually thinking that the roots that made it out would be a benefit. I could be wrong but I was thinking I would be getting the best of both worlds with the hempy and DWC.

Wow i just joined this Forum because of your grow. im truly astonished, you set the blueprint for all of us and its obvious now to go with hempy. Im considering saving every page of your grow aswell since you never know. I have two questions though.

1. Who's the breeder/brand of your snow white?
2. When you say you feed,skip,feed, etc do you only feed with 8oz of water with nutrients and thats it? or is the skip when you water with plain water?

Thanks again.

Wow i just joined this Forum because of your grow. im truly astonished, you set the blueprint for all of us and its obvious now to go with hempy. Im considering saving every page of your grow aswell since you never know. I have two questions though.

1. Who's the breeder/brand of your snow white?
2. When you say you feed,skip,feed, etc do you only feed with 8oz of water with nutrients and thats it? or is the skip when you water with plain water?

Thanks again.

1. My strain is Snow White from Nirvana (NLXCinderella99)
2. skip means skip. No water at all. There are several variations that will work but I have settled in to a 7 day pattern that looks like this:

Feed, skip, Feed, skip, Feed, skip, water only

wow this is sooooo gnarly! im super inspired to try this out, i have a grow space that is 6x5x8 ft, its a walk it closet, how many plants do you think would be good for me as a first time grower using this method, also should i look into sativa dominate strains? seriously ive been doing months of research and have learned more in one day from reading this journal! keep up the fantastic work, im looking forward to more grows from you.

wow this is sooooo gnarly! im super inspired to try this out, i have a grow space that is 6x5x8 ft, its a walk it closet, how many plants do you think would be good for me as a first time grower using this method, also should i look into sativa dominate strains? seriously ive been doing months of research and have learned more in one day from reading this journal! keep up the fantastic work, im looking forward to more grows from you.
There's more to it than lighting floor space and loading it up @ 4 per sq ft.
Ventilation, and access.

thanks gator! thats something i really didnt think about I was just getting excited! i think im going to start off with like 25 so i can have access to each of my plants.

Ps your gator cage looks rad!

thanks gator! thats something i really didnt think about I was just getting excited! i think im going to start off with like 25 so i can have access to each of my plants.

Ps your gator cage looks rad!
KISS means do NOT germinate dozens of seeds for your first grow.
Try half dozen, see what happens, and learn. I do want you to do well :peace:

I set my 2 liter hempy sog grow up last night, 600w hps. Im wondering what you guys suggest in how far to keep the clones from the light since im not seeing anywhere in here about light penetration. I also use a turbokloner with LA CON strain and im noticing its taking its sweet ass time on growing roots. Is this known with this strain or am I doing something wrong here?

I set my 2 liter hempy sog grow up last night, 600w hps. Im wondering what you guys suggest in how far to keep the clones from the light since im not seeing anywhere in here about light penetration. I also use a turbokloner with LA CON strain and im noticing its taking its sweet ass time on growing roots. Is this known with this strain or am I doing something wrong here?

When I put my new clones under my 600, I start the light at about 24" above them for the first 3 days or so and then I drop it to around 16 inches and leave it there for the duration.

There are lots of things that could be preventing your clones from popping roots. Strain, temp, etc. How long have they been in the cloner? I usually see roots in about 7 days.

I'm sure 420fide will let you know how far away he keeps the lights, I can't remember if it's somewhere in the the journal, but it probably is. In the mean time I posted this chart a while back on another thread for someone and thought it might give you a reference to work with:

Foot-Candle_Chart_HPS.jpg

Edit: Well, I see the man himself beat me to it... Sorry brother!

Well the first time I used the cloner i had roots in 4 days this time they have been in there almost 2 weeks i say and just now showing on 6 of the 12 clones. It just seem this la confidential is hard to clone. Thanks Frat for the penetration chart as well. Im so used to feeding my plants a gallon every week, and I want to make sure Im understanding this right you feed and water every other day? Does that not get costly with the nutes?

Propa Gator said:
No. I feed with run-off every day. I spend 1% of my crop value on nutrients.
False economy is costly if my yield is off, even a little bit ;)

Never have done that i have always hand watered my plants after mixing in gallon jugs. Could you elaborate on ur system and how it works point me to some info or things i would need please

Back
Top Bottom