Conquer's Lavender Grow 2010!

UPDATE!

Today is day 14 of flower. and not much to report except the plants are doing great. The buds have started forming and are smelling awesome! My big lavender is now standing at 63inches and still stretching...I hope not for too much longer.

My outdoor plant is loving her new home. I visited today, and she looks super healthy and has grown at least 6 inches since the begining of the week. Also, the electric slug barrier that I made for her container is working perfectly. Not a slug to be found on her even though every plant and bush in the immediate area was covered with them. If anyone is interested in the electric slug barrier that I made, I did a thread on it in the 'do it yourself' forum...check it out.

Pics:

CanonRebel_17.PNG

Lavender at 63"
CanonRebel_18.PNG

another one of the lavenders
CanonRebel_179.PNG

Blueberry
CanonRebel_181.PNG

Bagseed girl
CanonRebel_182.PNG

Outdoors
CanonRebel_178.PNG

CanonRebel_180.PNG

Thanks everyone. More to come soon!:peace::thanks::peace:

Hello big C! Just read through (most of it) from the begining. I'm quite impressed with your grow (s) Great harvest on the first batch and now with your clones, seems to be even better. That bagseed clone is doing very nicely for sure! I like that property! You ought to be able to 'expand' if ya need to!LOL I like the way ya set up the area around it (outdoor) and your use of 'good imported soil' (you hauled it in). :goodjob::bravo::nicethread:

Hello big C! Just read through (most of it) from the begining. I'm quite impressed with your grow (s) Great harvest on the first batch and now with your clones, seems to be even better. That bagseed clone is doing very nicely for sure! I like that property! You ought to be able to 'expand' if ya need to!LOL I like the way ya set up the area around it (outdoor) and your use of 'good imported soil' (you hauled it in). :goodjob::bravo::nicethread:

Hey, Thanks for stoppin by Woodsman! And thanks for the kind words! This is the first plant I've ever dome outdoors, so I'm excited to see how it turns out. I'll be watching your grow and taking notes for sure!

Thanks brother!!

Thanks for stoppin by HorseBad! Yea, outdoor janes definitely have that healthier and sexier look to them.

Stop by anytime brother!:peace::peace:

Definatly a wicked outdoor!!! I knew she'd take off, and looks like she still has a ways to go! NIIICE. great spot you cleared too. You really took the time to get it done right. great job!

Definatly a wicked outdoor!!! I knew she'd take off, and looks like she still has a ways to go! NIIICE. great spot you cleared too. You really took the time to get it done right. great job!

Thanks JL!, I wanted to give it the best chance of survival since I won't be able to visit her but once a week. A little bit of prep work and it turned into a nice spot. She's got a few more months until fall, so I hope she grows nice and big for me!!

How's your Twilight and Papaya growing??...I'll come over and visit your jornal.

Alohaz bro!

they are doing good. The Papaya is in bloom, and getting some nice trichs and Twilight went into bloom this evening. I hope she does good. So far she's a really easy strain. crossing my fingers for purple. what an easy cloning strain though, man. The Cindy in bloom now is the one I'm worried about. she's working on recovering from a potasium lockout. Doh! I wanted to see how far I could push her, now I've found out. that ones a bitch to recover from too. The main thing to watch out for with coco.

later,
J

Quick update:

Ok, I have some family in town for the weekend so I won't be able to do any photo updates till next week. But for now, everything is growing great! The girls flowering are on day 22 and putting on more bud weight every day. Looking great!

I also ordered some Speed Queen (mandala) seeds from the Attiutude. I've had my eyes on Satori for a while, but I ultimately think that the speed queen will fit my grow setup a bit better. When I get them they will be going into coco which I'll document in a new journal. So until then, I will be unpatiently waiting for their mail arrival for the next week or so.

More updates soon!!!:roorrip:

they are doing good. The Papaya is in bloom, and getting some nice trichs and Twilight went into bloom this evening. I hope she does good. So far she's a really easy strain. crossing my fingers for purple. what an easy cloning strain though, man. The Cindy in bloom now is the one I'm worried about. she's working on recovering from a potasium lockout. Doh! I wanted to see how far I could push her, now I've found out. that ones a bitch to recover from too. The main thing to watch out for with coco.

later,
J

Awesome! I hope they turn out great for you! I've hear that twilight is great smoke. AS far as the potassium troubles, I know how that goes, I don't think my bagseed girl ever fully recovered from it during flower...hence the poor yield. I know you have a bit better growing skills than I do, so you should be fine!

Thanks brother!

Quick update:

Ok, I have some family in town for the weekend so I won't be able to do any photo updates till next week. But for now, everything is growing great! The girls flowering are on day 22 and putting on more bud weight every day. Looking great!

I also ordered some Speed Queen (mandala) seeds from the Attiutude. I've had my eyes on Satori for a while, but I ultimately think that the speed queen will fit my grow setup a bit better. When I get them they will be going into coco which I'll document in a new journal. So until then, I will be unpatiently waiting for their mail arrival for the next week or so.

More updates soon!!!:roorrip:

Awesome! I hope they turn out great for you! I've hear that twilight is great smoke. AS far as the potassium troubles, I know how that goes, I don't think my bagseed girl ever fully recovered from it during flower...hence the poor yield. I know you have a bit better growing skills than I do, so you should be fine!

Thanks brother!

Skillz schmillz It's all about treating your right. It happens and it doesnt. better skills, blah. Just more grows maybe. The shit will hit the fan, and no matter how good you are it'll always bite you in the arse!!! This is just my newest go around! lol It seems I deal with worse shit every time around or 2!

Beaides, you just ordered some BOMB SHIT my friend!!! space queen from mandala? that must be a next generation of Subcool if my memry is not mistaken. I would look into my crystal ball and forsee average yields of some Highly SIK snowcapped buds that you just wont be able to part with!!!!! Rediculously Sugary buds with a high Resin content and very hard hitting but negotiable high. I bet for sure that being a next gen from subcool they might be slightly less yielding, but not enough so to were you will notice it first go. It's more like a 1 vs 2 scenario...

Goddamn. Sorry for the book. I just got carried away. Just look at this post as a theory on the cosmos. there are sooooooo many possibilities that it would be far fetched. .......

.........or would it. Flower those bitches to perfection and see if I'm wrong!

lol, food for thought, but not much more!

jasonn

Yup, I said Speed Queen. Although I loved the space queen description you gave JL...sounds like yummy buds!

Here's the blurb about Speed Queen on Mandala's site:

Type: mostly indica
Contains land race genetics from: Himachal Pradesh, North India
Cultivation: indoor/outdoor (up to 48° latitude, balcony, greenhouse)
Flowering time: 55 days/September (south); mid October (north)
Yield (dry weight): 400-450 gr/m2; 600-800 gr per plant outdoor in the ground.
THC: 15-18%
High: the “surfers” choice - a stimulating, and balanced indica buzz that does not put you to sleep. Pleasantly relaxing yet leaves plenty of energy for social activities and is a great daytime grass. No nervous side-effects (racy heart, etc.); suitable for regular med users.
Medical potential: Speed Queen can assist in chronic inflammatory diseases, such as rheumatism and athritis, and with sleep disorders. Beneficial against anxiety and depression. This strain can be used for a variety of other medical uses as well.

SPEED QUEEN

Speed QueenSpeed Queen is a stocky and tough indica with a thick main stem (green or with distinct scarlet coloring) and fleshy leaves. She carries compact and resiny buds that have great “bag appeal” after drying. One pheno has the delicious aroma of orange and citrus. The other mixes this freshness with a more pungent/skunky note. This indica will fit well into grow spaces where shorter plants are required. To a large extent the bud leaves are covered in THC glands, but harvesting is a quick operation since all buds remain nice and chunky.

Speed-Queen Speed Queen is not finicky or difficult to grow. For optimal growth (for all our strains) we recommend that you read our online article on how best to fertilize. The article link is in the FAQ. Mandala strains utilize nutrients very efficiently and grow well with low levels of feeding on quality soil. Due to her vigor and quick flowering time this strain is perfect for novice gardeners and SOG cultivation that aims for max. number of crops per year.

So there ya have it. I can't wait to get the coco grow going!!

Well that sounds good too. My bad. lol I just saw 'Queen" and blah...

funny me. Sounds like a good one though, not too strong, but strong enough! I hope it goes great for you!

I know how you feel about the coco. great stuff (usually. lol) I would highly recommend the use of beneficial bacteria and fungus from the start though. It'll really help. It's the only way to go if your going to be using organic fertilizers.

later man!

UPDATE TIME

Ok...so today is day 25 of flower for my girls. Things seem to be going smoothly and the buds are packing on just fine.

I had to take down my 4x8x7 flower tent due to space issues and unstealthiness. I ended up building a 4x3x7.5 cabinet to house the girls...it turned out pretty cool! The new cab is smaller, but I think it will end up working just fine for my needs.

Also, no pics of the outdoor girl this week. I forgot my camera when I went to visit the other day. But, she is doing great!..Loving the outdoors!

PICS:

Here's the girls in the new cab.
CanonRebel_185.PNG

A closer look at a lower bud of the big lavender. Resin production is kicking in.
CanonRebel_184.PNG

ALSO!

JL, can you please elaborate on the beneficial bacteria thing? Specific products, etc?

I will be going organic with the coco glow. The nutes I have are FoxFarm (growbig, bigbloom, and tigerbloom)...not sure if they have any of the beneficials you are talking about.

Thanks brother!!:smokin:

looking good man. It's going to be a close to the ceiling grow this go, huh? or is it just the picture tricking me? close, but I think you can do it! Nice resin production man!!
yea!

Um, I use Oregonism (by Roots Organics I think.) because i get it for $10. I'm not into spending alot on bacteria. lol Gret White has had great reviews, but is like $50. here. Foxfarm is mostly organic yes, but I believe that you have to still adjust pH with it, no? I just switched to GH Bio (a Bio Bizz knockoff i know, but I never liked talking to the Bio Bizz guys. they always talked down to me on the telly.) so screw em. lol anyways, I'll let you know how it goes, and keep an eye on your foxfarm grow! Just have calmag product handy.
Anyways, there are 2 main types of beneficials that you want, and others are always good. 1st, Mycorhizia - Supercharges your plants by becoming symbiotic with the root system. There is exo and endo. Exo will live on the roots breaking down nutrients more for your plants and the endo will culture actually IN the roots themselves doing similar good, but also releasing some hormones for your plants. If you get a good colonization you will be able to use less fertilizer with the same results. With Organics this is a plus since its harder to over fert with them a little.
2nd is Batillus Subtillus (I probably spelled it wrong. It's like spelling the ingredient list on a starburst. lol) A beneficial bacteria that will colonize the soil and choke out a lot of potentially problem causing pathogen bacteria and fungus. Greatly reducing the risk of root rot. There are a wide variety of bot Myco and Subtillus, and each acts a little different, so look for something that has a long list of them.
Also, most of these products will give you some talk about re-applying with each watering or some bull like that. ONCE YOU SUCCESSFULLY COLONIZE YOUR COIR they will stay in there continue to thrive, so Apply a little heavy at first and then go lite, and back off to an occasional application to save some cash. It will still be fine.

Drastic pH fluxuations, and application of pesticides should be followed with a re-application for sure though. even foliar. it drips into the medium, and XXXXXX gone.

Also, some if not alot of the beneficials will need carbs to continue colonization. they will get this mostly from the Molassas or honey that you add, but just to be safe I prefer to add just a touch with every watering just to be sure that the little guys are being well fed. Even in grow, but wait a week after innoculation before doing this because Pathogen bacteria and fungus will also BOOM from carbs, so you want to wait for your beneficials to colonize.

Hope that helps man!:popcorn:

keep up the great garden! :goodluck:

.....also, I talked to the guys at GH and they said that when running TRUE organics in a microbe rich medium you dont have to adjust your pH because the orgenisms will stabalize the pH for you. Now, I've been going just over a week running the GH bio line in my bloom. I dont adjust the pH and it's reading 4.5 after I mix it all. Rediculous I know, but the plants love it soo far. I dont know if foxfarm is organic enough, =to pull that off, but i'd be interested to find out. If you have the space it might benefit you to try it on a expendable clone in veg to find out! Think of the money you'd save not having to buy pH down, up, calibration solution, and test kits!!!!!!! Just a thought, and this WILL NOT work without the beneficials.........oh yea, the Mycorhizia will also boost your yield. NOTICABLY! ;)

sorry bout the book, but you asked for it. lololol Muahahahaha.......back to my xbox!

MUA, MUA, MUAHAHAHAHhahahahaahaaa.a..........

later man!

Back
Top Bottom