Conquer's Lavender Grow 2010!

Thanks for the great info JL!! :thanks:
I will do some further research into the beneficial bacteria thing. The best solution for me will be something that is effective and very cheap since my grows are on a strict budget.

Thanks for the help bro!

I was going to suggest Companion as a source of Bacillus subtilis, but at $50/qt, even at only 1/2 tsp/gal, I guess that's not really a budget item. But the info is very good. Having a live soil culture helps a lot.

One other live additive you might consider is Bt-i (Bacillus thuringiensis var. israelensis). It is great for killing the bugs that reproduce in the surface soil, like fungus gnats for instance. Look for a place that sells small packages of Gnatrol. 1 tsp/gallon once a week and you may never see flying bugs in your grow again. I haven't in something like a year now.

:peace:

I was going to suggest Companion as a source of Bacillus subtilis, but at $50/qt, even at only 1/2 tsp/gal, I guess that's not really a budget item. But the info is very good. Having a live soil culture helps a lot.

One other live additive you might consider is Bt-i (Bacillus thuringiensis var. israelensis). It is great for killing the bugs that reproduce in the surface soil, like fungus gnats for instance. Look for a place that sells small packages of Gnatrol. 1 tsp/gallon once a week and you may never see flying bugs in your grow again. I haven't in something like a year now.

yes, I use the gnatrol too. great stuff. though I ran out and the pests are coming back. Noooo! time to re-up. Great info Aberration!

Thanks for the support guys!:cheer:

I did a bit of reading and I think I'll give that RootsOrganic Oregonism a try. The price is right, so I'll see how it works out for the girls. This weekend I'll see if my local hydro shop carries it.

I also found a good recipe for brewing Stinging Nettle tea that is supposed to be a great organic fert with lots of beneficials in it. We have TONS of stinging nettles up here, so I may give that a try as well.

Can't wait to get my new seeds and supplies so I can get my next grow going!

:peace::peace::peace:

I'm having some bleaching issues.

I just checked the up on the girls and noticed my small lavender that is directly under the bulb has bleaching on the top of the main cola. Albino white. Not burnt, but definitely bleached. I rotated the plant so that the cola isn't directly under the bulb. Hopefully no more will occur.

Does bleaching affect bud quality...or is it just a visible thing? Is the damage reversible??

Comments please!

Thanks for the support guys!:cheer:

I did a bit of reading and I think I'll give that RootsOrganic Oregonism a try. The price is right, so I'll see how it works out for the girls. This weekend I'll see if my local hydro shop carries it.

I also found a good recipe for brewing Stinging Nettle tea that is supposed to be a great organic fert with lots of beneficials in it. We have TONS of stinging nettles up here, so I may give that a try as well.

Can't wait to get my new seeds and supplies so I can get my next grow going!

:peace::peace::peace:

Hi man. Yea, let me know if you find a cheaper good mix other than Oregonism, but I think thats probably the most bang for the buck. Working well here too! youll like it. Interesting about the nettle. Its not out here, but I heard you can make a pesticide/deturrent from it too. any info is greatly appereciated!!

I'm having some bleaching issues.

I just checked the up on the girls and noticed my small lavender that is directly under the bulb has bleaching on the top of the main cola. Albino white. Not burnt, but definitely bleached. I rotated the plant so that the cola isn't directly under the bulb. Hopefully no more will occur.

Does bleaching affect bud quality...or is it just a visible thing? Is the damage reversible??

Comments please!

I've seen it before in different gardens with different results. Probably not too detrimental to yield, and probably not too reversable, but pictures would help us know for sure. I've seen a guy do it here on 420 just for kicks, and they looked ok, but weird. I dunno about potency/yield issues when it's bad though. I would think that long term would dry out the plants Stomas, but just theoretically. Pics?

good luck, and keep up the great job man! Oh, and how many hours would you say you've put on the bulb your using? That could very well have something to do with it, but More info would be needed there too.

later C!:bong:

Hi man. Yea, let me know if you find a cheaper good mix other than Oregonism, but I think thats probably the most bang for the buck. Working well here too! youll like it. Interesting about the nettle. Its not out here, but I heard you can make a pesticide/deturrent from it too. any info is greatly appereciated!!

I've seen it before in different gardens with different results. Probably not too detrimental to yield, and probably not too reversable, but pictures would help us know for sure. I've seen a guy do it here on 420 just for kicks, and they looked ok, but weird. I dunno about potency/yield issues when it's bad though. I would think that long term would dry out the plants Stomas, but just theoretically. Pics?

good luck, and keep up the great job man! Oh, and how many hours would you say you've put on the bulb your using? That could very well have something to do with it, but More info would be needed there too.

later C!:bong:

I will do a post with the stinging nettle recipe. And, when I get a chance to make some and sample it, I'll definitely document the results on the journal.

Also, thanks for the reply on the bleaching. I hope it's not a quality or yield affecter to my girls. We'll find out! And t hanks for asking about the age of the bulb...because it is brand new! I didn't even think it could be the culprit. :bravo: mr thinker! lol.

Hey JL,

Here's the recipe for the nettle tea. I'm going to try and start a batch this weekend...should take a few weeks till it's ready:

Nettle Leaf Plant Food

Nettle leaves can be used to make an easy to use, if somewhat smelly, plant food. Best of all it's free!

To make your nettle fertiliser you will need only four things:

1. Nettles! - obviously.
2. A watertight container - a large bucket is adequate.
3. Water, and
4. A wait, sorry a weight. Not essential but makes the process easier as I will explain.

First take your nettles. These are best as young stems but can be taken at any time. Quicker results are obtained if the nettle stems and leaves are bruised.

Then crush them. This can be done by scrunching the stems in gloved hands or by placing the stems on a freshly mown lawn and using your mower to chop and collect the nettles at the same time. The addition of a few grass clippings that results from using this method does not affect the quality of the finished product.

Immerse in water Stuff the crushed stems into your bucket. Place your weight on top of the stems. You may have to use a little ingenuity here - I have used a broken paving slab in the past. A brick and a piece of wire mesh cut to suit the cointainer serves equally well. Fill the container with water sufficient to cover the nettles and...

Leave to brew. This is where the original wait comes in. You may also consider placing the bucket away from the areas in the garden that you use most as the soup tends to get rather smelly.

Dilute to taste. After around three or four weeks the liquid should be ready for use. The mixture should be diluted until it is tea coloured - usually around 1 part liquid to 10 parts water. Water liberally around or on the plants and see the benefits.

Repeat until winter. Continue to top up your container with more leaves and water through the year. As autumn sets in put the remainder of the feed and the sludge in your compost heap. Give your container a rinse and store for next year!

:peace:bro

Have to try that tea C Lav. I just don't know who I can get to taste it as I dilute it. hahaha.. Have plenty nettles here in the pacific N west. Walked into a batch today...Hate them things but didn't know about the tea...Thanks buddy..

Dilute to taste. After around three or four weeks the liquid should be ready for use. The mixture should be diluted until it is tea coloured - usually around 1 part liquid to 10 parts water. Water liberally around or on the plants and see the benefits.

Have to try that tea C Lav. I just don't know who I can get to taste it as I dilute it. hahaha.. Have plenty nettles here in the pacific N west. Walked into a batch today...Hate them things but didn't know about the tea...Thanks buddy..

Haha good stuff Moslow! Glad you stopped by!!

We DO have plenty of nettles! I usually come into a few good scrapes with them every year. Last summer I managed to crash a dirtbike into a thick patch of them and ended up with nettle welts on my face for a few days...a good story for sure!

I've read that the tea is a great organic N fert and has lots of beneficials. If you give it a try, let us know how it works out.

Stop by any time brother!:bigtoke:

Quick update!

Just received my new seeds today. They came waaay faster than I expected. So far Attitude has an A+ in my book!
I got the mandala speed queen seeds and they shipped a free fem sour cream from ufo. Stoked to get them started!!

0625102054-00.png

Some time back, I also got a sour cream
Not yet grown the strain nor the fascinating Speed Queen!

Definately watching, trying to learn something
Hard to find the time to try the kind through which I'm searching

Propa-G!
yea the sour cream is going to have to wait its turn for a while. Don't know when I'll get the chance to sample it. For now I got my sights set on the speed queen. It should be a great grow.

UPDATE TIME

Ok, time for some photos of the girls. Today is day 32 of flower. Everything seems to be going well. I figure I'm about halfway there with the lavenders. But my blueberry seems to be ripening up pretty quick. Probably only a 2 more weeks for her. We'll see.

Time for pics!

Here's the group. Lavenders almst hitting the light
CanonRebel_1851.PNG

Some buds from the big lavender
CanonRebel_1811.PNG

CanonRebel_1821.PNG

CanonRebel_1791.PNG

main cola of lavender 2
CanonRebel_1801.PNG

blueberry. finishing fast
CanonRebel_183.PNG

Well that's it for now. More to come soon!

:peace:;):peace:;)

Looking Nice, I'm ordering Lavender from Soma and Blueberry from Joey Weed. You might have stated earlier where you got your seeds but I didn't see it anywhere. Again, looks nice cant wait to see the end result.:bravo:

looking great man! that Lavendar is a beauty! keep up the good work! can we get a pic of the blueberry? oh, and hows the outdoor going?

later man!

Keep it Green Dude I was just driving thru. GL
Thanks for the drive-by norcali! You're always welcome here ;)
looking great man! that Lavendar is a beauty! keep up the good work! can we get a pic of the blueberry? oh, and hows the outdoor going?

later man!
Thanks JL. The lavenders are looking and smelling more beautiful everyday. They have the sweetest smell to them. Almost like raw sugar and spice. mmm.
I posted one pic of the blueberry...but I'll get some more pics up for you t check out. The blueberry is a small girl, since I started flowering her at about 7-8" shes only about 14" right now. But the buds are bulky and dense. Can't wait to try it!
And the outdoor is still going good. I haven't been for a visit in about a week, so I'm gonna try to go soon for a checkup. I will take some pics when I do.
Thanks for stoppin by!

Looking Nice, I'm ordering Lavender from Soma and Blueberry from Joey Weed. You might have stated earlier where you got your seeds but I didn't see it anywhere. Again, looks nice cant wait to see the end result.:bravo:

Hey smallpuff,

Thanks for stopping in. I got my lavenders from bcseeds...but I don't recommend using them. Only 3 of the seeds germed, and their customer service SUCKS! And I got my blueberry as a clone from a friend. Both the lav and the bb have been great to grow. They are very hardy girls and don't fuss much about the mistakes I make. All in all I'm thinking they are going to finish up nicely. Stick around and see!

More pics!

Here is a couple closer pics of my blueberry girl. Niice and frosty! Currently on day 33.

At this moment the trichs are about 80% milky. Just waiting till I see a good 25% amber mixed in there. Then she'll get the chop!

Blueberry.
CanonRebel_1781.PNG

CanonRebel_1802.PNG

CanonRebel_1841.PNG

CanonRebel_1831.PNG

:peace:ALOHA!:peace:

Back
Top Bottom