Convicted's Grow

I have kept tropical fish for more then 20 years. it takes at least 7 days with an air stone oxygenating the water to evaporate most of the chlorine from tap water.

this chlorine issue is a hard 1 which is starting to turn me back to rain water and using micro neut feed to balance the essential minerals, cause no matter if its tap,mineral,or spring water it will always have chlorine in it, so it leaves 1 choice really,

i am back to the feed issue here thou 2 have started showing signs of a need for Nitrogen so at some point i am going to have to bite the bullet and start the nute feeds regardless of what water i use,

hey king, heres the plant pics, pls remember this is my learning plant the rest look lovely pics to follow, but i like to get advice and learn on this plant as shes had alot of stress and mistakes made so she now helps me learn otherwise its the compost heap for her
2013-11-13_17_26_04.jpg

as u can see they are pretty dry so need water soon, i'm debating using the rain water with advanced nutes micro fert to make sure they are getting what they need or should i just countine with the mineral water??

convicted, I think you are slightly over thinking the chlorine issue with your water and I think you will have more problems using alternatives to tap water. I used tap water that was left to sit for about 24 hours throughout my first grow and got about 22 ounces.

and theres no denying your grows success, ok i will keep simple from now on,

how's the bud from your hydro doing?? have u tried it yet?? if so which is best tasting soil or hydro??

It's dry now and I have tried some, it is the strongest I have grown so far! it's covered in trichomes! it's hard to say what tastes better hydro or soil especially with different strains however I have grown WW from dutch passion in both hydro and soil but unfortunately the soil WW was in 2009 so I can't really remember the taste well enough to make a accurate decision.

If I had to say I would say soil has a slight edge in taste but hydro wins hands down in strength

Sorry to be contradicting but that biobizz all mix will keep you going for a long while yet, probably somewhere near all the way through veg! I can't help but think that if you were to give them 1/4 strength feed you would burn them. I think that people are mistakenly thinking they are under fed but in actual fact you are just doing a amazing job of recovering them! keep up the good work my friend.

hey guys seems to be a difficult 1 to answer to feed or not to feed, but i'm holding back for now as the main girls look happy and healthy at present and are putting some good growth on,

the feed was mainly for the test plant as shes looking a little yellow,

good morning :hug:

i am so excited i cant wait till the end of this to tell u all, i am a proud daddy to 3 beautful little girls, :goof: :partyboy: buying new camera today cause the phone won't do a close up of their pretty little preflower feather,

right back to business,

have have transfered the cutting to her big pot today for 3 wks growth have a look at this baby
2013-11-16_09_58_35.jpg
2013-11-16_09_58_38.jpg
2013-11-16_09_59_41.jpg

next i have an issue with 1 of my girls could u pls advise
2013-11-16_10_00_05.jpg
2013-11-16_10_00_10.jpg

heres how the rest look,
2013-11-16_10_00_16.jpg
2013-11-16_10_01_37.jpg
2013-11-16_10_01_12.jpg

i am so happy right, thank u all for the advise please keep it coming cause i feel i'm getting somewhere with this little hobbie
thank you :thumb:

i struggle to see that the temp is a stable 64f and is over 3ft from the canopy, and non of the others are showing signs of stress, however u have made me think and i wonder if its the oppisite problem and its cold related, see that plant is inline with the air intake fan so i will move her out of the centre for now and adjust the intake fan so its angled away from the plants

right had a move about with the intake fan so shes not blowing directly on plants, i have also had a look at lights of temps and found i'm getting to 55f which was a shock so i have put a little heater in there to work only at lights out time to maintain 64f again not blowing at plants and a little fan on low to keep the air moving,

as 3 plants are preflowering will they be ok to keep vegging till the cutting catches up?? poss 2 more wks or could i just flower them all now?? and just have a little bud of the cutting?? they have been veging near on 5-6wks now

or pls tell me to sit on my hands and wait alittle longer,

convicted, your temps are to low! how big is your extractor fan? it might pay to do away with the intake fan until you have warmer weather?

I would recommend vegging them for longer maybe up to a month longer! your 600w can cover that space so you might as well get them big before you make the switch also all thou they have started to look so much better now you ideally want them to be at top health when you put them into flower.

convicted, your temps are to low! how big is your extractor fan? it might pay to do away with the intake fan until you have warmer weather?

I would recommend vegging them for longer maybe up to a month longer! your 600w can cover that space so you might as well get them big before you make the switch also all thou they have started to look so much better now you ideally want them to be at top health when you put them into flower.

hey doc, intake is 6" and outlet is 4" i have played with settings and bits today to make sure when lights out the temp is stable, i know 55f is to low which is why i have been busy sorting bits so it is a comfortable 65f i can take it higher to 70f but i find the plants dont look as happy at that temp, pls what would be best temp to maintain??

vegging for nearly 10 wks?? wow!! erm...... any of that widow left for sell lolo, i cant let it go another mth, it will be feb before harvest that just wont fit into my time scale, realisticaly i'm looking at new yr if i put them to flower now, i'm starting to feel out of my depth as i dont have the time to wait and have come to far to throw it away for a few little nuggets, i suppose this is newbie frustration wanting the product now and not really understanding the growth cycle,

finally after a mth and a bit the ph pen and tds meter have arrived,
my tap water is 7.2ph
with 220ppm whatever that means??
i have adjusted temps so they are 74f but wont go any higher due to the stress it caused at the begining, i have removed some big fan leaves to encourage the side shoot growth, and the preflower is all over the plants, really feel like i'm getting somewhere now, had a wobble few posts back but with a sit down with a cuppa had time to think and Dr i will hold back 3 more wks sir before 12/12 then they have had 12 wks veg time, i would however like to look at feeding soon, so they are well fed before flowering as i have seen via here that flowering takes alot out of the plants so getting them ready with nutes in the tank should give me the best chance of some big buds, pls let me know your thoughts and thank u again for sticking with me,

Back
Top Bottom