Convicted's Grow

That info on water is very generalized for the UK and 6.5 – 10.0 pH is obviously a broad spectrum I'm assuming your local water supplier doesn't supply specific information? Don't worry too much thou as I know that due to fairly good regulations UK tap water is normally always good enough for soil grows however it would be good to know at least if you have hard or soft water? that way I can help you with feeding better.

all i could find is in that last post, but don't worry to much as i said earlier the water butt is now full so i have 220ltrs of rain water to use as soon as ph pen is here i will test and get the results up,

on a seperate note those ww in your first grow, FUCK ME DUDE!!! was that really your first grow?? i only thought bud like that came from the pros in the netherlands, :adore:

Rain water can be very good for plants and is normally pH neutral so that sounds very good for you and I would suggest using that with no feed at all until your pH pen arrives however rain water is very pure which means it has very little trace elements, these are provided in your liquid feeds but most assume you use less than perfect water, ie tap water and if you use normal feeds with such pure water you will get deficiency's. So my advice is after you get your pH pen just use pH adjusted tap water to avoid complications and also if you haven't read about it yet you need to let tap water sit for about 24 hours so the chlorine evaporates.

Do you have a air stone and pump for the butt you store water in?

Oh and yeah that WW grow was my first grow, the was loads of ignorant people that commented on my YouTube video saying it wasn't my first grow and that I was full of shit so I pointed them towards my journal :) which if read properly it's clear that I was new to the scene however science and maths had always been my strong points and I researched cannabis growing at disturbing levels before I ever spent money on anything, in the end a lot of money! Which of course helps! In my opinion knowledge other than the price of a good book is free so adsorb it all!!

Rain water can be very good for plants and is normally pH neutral so that sounds very good for you and I would suggest using that with no feed at all until your pH pen arrives however rain water is very pure which means it has very little trace elements, these are provided in your liquid feeds but most assume you use less than perfect water, ie tap water and if you use normal feeds with such pure water you will get deficiency's. So my advice is after you get your pH pen just use pH adjusted tap water to avoid complications and also if you haven't read about it yet you need to let tap water sit for about 24 hours so the chlorine evaporates.

Do you have a air stone and pump for the butt you store water in?

my water butt is an old cider barrel, 220ltrs with a woodern tap connected to the guttering,
i never knew u needed to rest tap water i normally run tap into 2ltr bottle put lid on then store it in the tent so its room temp which from what u have said is wrong
in all honesty i'm a pro gardener by trade for 10 yrs so have a good understanding of plants needs BUT that is where my arrogarnce got the better of me cause as i've discovered growing these plants is a sensitive business, i have read some material but the more i read the more i reilise i may have jumped the gun and may have to find some new friends to tie me over till i get this right

I see someone got there title changed :) glad that worked, that old cider barrel might contain Pathogens? might be a idea to fill it up with 10% bleach/tap water and let it soak. If it's outside bring it indoors if possible and get your self a little air pump and air stone, roots love aerated water and you can store it as long as you want, a air stone also helps chlorine evaporate quicker.

I see someone got there title changed :) glad that worked, that old cider barrel might contain Pathogens? might be a idea to fill it up with 10% bleach/tap water and let it soak. If it's outside bring it indoors if possible and get your self a little air pump and air stone, roots love aerated water and you can store it as long as you want, a air stone also helps chlorine evaporate quicker.

the barrel is for my greenhouse plants, when i got it it was filled and flushed with jeyes fluid so its completely clean and safe for garden plant use and the bugger is massive so wont be getting moved anytime soon, i'll test it nxt wk when ph pen comes through, in the mean time i have filled a bucket with tap water and sat it in the tent to warm, also helps with humidity aswell, two jobs one bucket happy days, dont have the room for air rocks etc so unless the soda stream is any good it will be good old tap water

You may need to buy a fairly big plastic butt or any large container that can hold water and use it when you have to flush your plants, flushing is very important when growing in pots with soil as the chemical nutrients and impurity's in your water will eventually cause a toxic salt build up.

Flushing is often a over looked aspect of growing but needs to be done and to do it properly you will need to pass through 3 times the amount of water of the volume of the container so giving the smallest pot you could really grow cannabis in is 11L, that's 33L ish per plant so for a few plants you might need a 120L butt! you can't simply flush with water straight from the tap as it will be to cold, not pH'd and full of chlorine.

I hate to make this all sound more problematic but I just want to see your plants do well!

You may need to buy a fairly big plastic butt or any large container that can hold water and use it when you have to flush your plants, flushing is very important when growing in pots with soil as the chemical nutrients and impurity's in your water will eventually cause a toxic salt build up.

Flushing is often a over looked aspect of growing but needs to be done and to do it properly you will need to pass through 3 times the amount of water of the volume of the container so giving the smallest pot you could really grow cannabis in is 11L, that's 33L ish per plant so for a few plants you might need a 120L butt! you can't simply flush with water straight from the tap as it will be to cold, not pH'd and full of chlorine.

I hate to make this all sound more problematic but I just want to see your plants do well!

aye no worrys there i flush plants in the greenhouse, i have 3 10 gallon buckets that i can pre fill a wk before flush is due settle water then dip the pot in wait 3min left and drain then move to nxt bucket and repet till i've done all 3 so no worrys on things like that, and dont worry all advice is welcome, :thumb:

Sorry if I state the obvious sometimes, I'm aware you said you are a pro gardener but I have just grown chili's and cannabis so I'm not always sure what knowledge you have picked up that also applies/helps when growing cannabis.

lol no problem fella as I said earlier 10yrs in the trade and with these plants it like I know nothing, so pls keep the advice coming it's nice to know I have someone with a interest in me getting a good grow,

I also grow chillis about 22 diff veritys some plants are now 3yrs old and 4ft tall, I'll post some pics later,

Hello funky, thanks for the reply the biggest is about 3wks old but don't think she will survive, heat stress over watering etc BUT as u know nature can be kind and a bitch so with a few peoples help and advice we may (doubt it) pull her through, I will have read through you're journal when I get time fella till then may the bud be with u hahahhaha Luke stonewalker

You're getting good advice, Convicted. I'll add that as an experienced and occasionally professional gardener that cannabis is a plant that likes dry well drained soil. Where I'm from all outdoor gardening involves growing plants that prefer dry well drained soil, or crappy dry soil that drains poorly. I think that's why I haven't found growing cannabis to be especially difficult. You live in a damp climate where the type of plants you grow like lots of moisture and the soil is typically loamy.

now your just showing of Dr remember my pics are from the spring not havest time so they are alot bigger now lolo,

goodnews biobizz turned up today so when i get 5 min i will get them all repotted up, since i have lowered the temp plants are seeming happier even the biggest, shes shooting loads of side shoots and getting darker, thou leaves are small compared to the other 1s, but its promising, other bits should be here hoping by the wkend fingers crossed

ph up an down came today just waiting for the ph pen and then jobs a good'un, plants are looking a lot happier at a lower temp 64-72f, should have time sat to repot into the ph netural soil and then fingers crossed no more problems

right time for an update, got plants potted up into the biobizz soil, had nice surprise as the roots are strong on all plants even the cutting, temp stable still waiting for the ph pen so i have watered with mineral water just to maintain 6.6ph of the soil, let me know your thoughts pls
2013-11-04_15_48_21.jpg
2013-11-04_15_58_59.jpg
2013-11-04_15_58_38.jpg
2013-11-04_15_50_40.jpg
2013-11-04_15_49_22.jpg
2013-11-04_15_48_26.jpg
2013-11-04_15_48_21.jpg

Back
Top Bottom