Creating Female Seeds Using Colloidal Silver - With High Brix

Hey Zig, awesome thread and very timely! (I've got my CS and mini-spritz bottle) :thanks:

I seem to recall that the last "breakthrough" on the old thread was that you potentially only needed to spray the plant for five days in a row and that you'd get balls rather than nanners? ...Or did I dream that? :lot-o-toke:

I don't remember if he posted the results of that test before he vanished...

I stopped at the local health food store and they only had 1 oz brown bottles...again. So, I will make some CS dilution 60ppm and store it in the 16oz brown bottle I have then just transfer to the 1 oz to apply.

I was busy in my room this morning upcanning a bunch o'clones into 1 gal softies. 2 of them still needed to dry out another day or so to better facilitate upcanning, but all were root-bound and super-healthy. I will let them get hooked into these 1 gal pots and begin spraying the two reversal candidates hopefully by the weekend still under veg spectrum.

Was too busy to snag pics this morning, but will get some this evening. I am open to thoughts and suggestions too, so please, chime in.

:cool:

p.s. Do you think 1 gal pots are big enough to run these reversals start to finish? I mean, really all I'm looking for from them is the fem pollen. I don't need them to be big or anything. And, the ones to be pollenated will also be shorts...though i'm hoping to put them into 2 gals to finish if I can.

Thank you! It is always good to be with good company! In the meantime, look for changes coming to our site and as always if you ever need something or a question answered, just pm me.

David :Namaste:

lol...I have another question I need answered before i take the next step...timing.

With 2 identical clones, I should start spraying one and put it into the flower tray for a week or so before I put the one to be seeded in there too?

What is the recommended time difference on them to get the best chance at hitting the window?

I stopped at the local health food store and they only had 1 oz brown bottles...again. So, I will make some CS dilution 60ppm and store it in the 16oz brown bottle I have then just transfer to the 1 oz to apply.

I was busy in my room this morning upcanning a bunch o'clones into 1 gal softies. 2 of them still needed to dry out another day or so to better facilitate upcanning, but all were root-bound and super-healthy. I will let them get hooked into these 1 gal pots and begin spraying the two reversal candidates hopefully by the weekend still under veg spectrum.

Was too busy to snag pics this morning, but will get some this evening. I am open to thoughts and suggestions too, so please, chime in.

p.s. Do you think 1 gal pots are big enough to run these reversals start to finish? I mean, really all I'm looking for from them is the fem pollen. I don't need them to be big or anything. And, the ones to be pollenated will also be shorts...though i'm hoping to put them into 2 gals to finish if I can.

exactly..Im doing similar..Ive got 3 Panamas(+) in a 2-3 gallon max window sill planter...a few dozen-100 female seeds from 2 out of 3 plants will definitely suffice for this run.. :)

lol...I have another question I need answered before i take the next step...timing.

With 2 identical clones, I should start spraying one and put it into the flower tray for a week or so before I put the one to be seeded in there too?

What is the recommended time difference on them to get the best chance at hitting the window?

yes..the sooner you get the nannas' the sooner you can proceed.

Just out of curiosity does that apply to males, if you were so inclined? :)

You can spray males or unknowns..I dont know if the males will switch sexes..im trying that on my known males, and will try again when I start more seeds. :)
if you spray unknown sexed plants, and you get nanas/balls, and no pistils, you might only have had a male....that wont give you femmed pollen/seeds..it will give you regular seeds, I believe.

Hey Zig, here is a pic of my little nursery. All the ones in the 1 gal softies are Laniakea, the two in cups (getting upcanned tomorrow perhaps) are the ghost train haze #1. The pairs I'm using for this are the same age, so I'm thinking of spraying CS a few days then putting them into the flower area to get the show started.

nursery10.jpg

and here are the reversal candidates...

Ghost Train Haze #1
gthC1.jpg

Laniakea pheno #1
L1C2.jpg

So, should I put them into flower at the same time as their surrogates? Or do I put the one I'm going to reverse into flower first since it takes a minute to reverse sex...?

O.K., thanks Zig. I got everything else re-potted and mostly situated. I think this weekend I'll start spraying one plant. I'll try to get the Laniakea underway and let the GTH's get a foothold in their new homes for a week before I start them.

Here's the colloidal silver I got to make my spray...

ultra_bio-silver.jpg

I'm so excited to get this project finally underway. I've talked about it for 2 years...lmao.

:rofl: I am going to make seeds every new batch right up until I see all those balls and start thinking about pollen everywhere and then I bitch out :rofl:

My zamaldelica I think self pollinated. I have found several seeds from her but it has always been to late... This morning however I found a nice perfect looking mature seed right as it was going into the j :party: gonna try and grow it in the next round and pray it turns out like its mommy did :passitleft:

GL with the project :high-five:

I may (read: will mostly likely) top a couple of the ones going to be seeded. Since it will take me a few weeks to get the reversal to take hold <knocks on wood while rubbing rabbit's foot and singing a celtic chant to a 4-leaf clover>, and they could benefit me more with more bud sites in the long run.

I mixed my CS this evening too. I had a graduated beaker and put 3 oz distilled water in, checked ppm with a tds meter (0.6... good to go), used a 10ml syringe to draw a total of 30ml of the 240ppm colloidal silver and it settled right at 59-60 ppm. I added a few drops more for good measure, filled a sprayer and put it all in a "cool, dark place" until Friday or Saturday morning. I want to give them a few more days, at least, since they just got upcanned.

One step closer...

Back
Top Bottom