Curious' 2nd Grow Journal, 4x Strawberry Cough, Jan 2019

Wow that is quite a show! Like friggin Seaworld on a saturday in there eh!? I'm subbed I love watching the water grows. And thanks for the like on the Mars Hydro contest by the way @Curiousnoob ! DY-NO-MYTE! :yahoo:

Man you got a jungle! I'm not sure how that SCROG screen works either, sometimes I see pics with two nets?

I also started some clones with one of those plastic cake boxes from my kids birthday...I'm singing happy birthday and thinking WOW I think I could use that thing to grow POT! lol :D

:happy-birthday: :yummy:Lol, that's some funny shit! :rofl: Anytime mate that's a classic! Aww man its starting to worry me, pretty dense and I'm pretty sure the stretch is over. Think I got to defoliate them pretty hard just to get a little more air circulation. Cheers for the likes and checking my journal. :peace:

Starting 3rd week flower
My ladies seem to be taking the mistakenly changing of light schedule well, no signs of stress or turning hermaphrodite. Wednesday the 13/03 will be day 21 of flower, on this day I will do a pretty decent defol as Tue scrog canopy is very thick. Aswell they have not stretched as much as I would have liked highest only being about 27cm off the screen.

Starting to get there frost on

On another note I have made a clone/vege tent/shelf. I don't have enough room to get a vege tent so I have made one out of one of the shelves that helps conceal the area, some car window reflectors, 2 x grow lush twin 55w flourecents and a little clip fan. Measurements are about 4 square ft. Hopefully 20,000 lumens will be sufficient to start the vege cycle? I'm not sure of the PAR.

If anyone has advice on the lighting, as in not being enough to start the vegetation cycle I would love to hear about it.
Thank's peeps :peace:

I currently have about 40,000 lumens in my temporary nursery which is 3’x3’ and here is a picture of the nursery.

I think that you will have a bit less lumens in your 2x2, but as you can see everyone seems to be thriving...could be slow though. Hope this helps.

Ahoy Curious,
Hope you dont mind me dropping in. I am also running a SCROG as you know. Mine have not gotten the attention they needed due to my back surgery but your canopy looks nice. Can you tell me about your strain selection. Why are you growing what you are growing? This helps me understand strain selection processes. Im used to growing what I found in street bags.

Did someone say light? I love lights!! :p Whacha gonna get?

Thanks for your advice this week @Curiousnoob that flush did wonders! I read your post and somehow ended up flushing 4 times my pot size instead of 3 on Tuesday morning, omg they are still wet, but so happy! I got home in time to just say hi, a few tucks and rotate them under the light today...so much stretch, and my crusty leaves are soft and supple again.

Then with no warning my rude timer kicked me out. :confused: Sorry girls I guess we gotta respect the curfew, it's for our own good!

Hey @Maritimer, of course not :) On my first grow (ever) I felt like I jumped in all guns blazing with three different strains, Blue dream, ICE and Strawberry Cough and it all become a little overwhelming with their different needs and sort of turned into a jungle, lol. Strawberry Cough was turning out the best in regards to what I thought I was looking for, large dense cone like flowers (more of the indica influence from what I read). I also wanted to try my hand at cloning, so Strawberry Cough it was. Now after sampling the final product of all three I actually prefer the smoke of the ICE strain which I would like to grow again. Thanks this is my first scrog, I would have liked them to stretch a little more as they are only about 30cm off the screen. They were last grown in nearly 50L pots compared to their now 18L air pots they are now in as they were going to be grown outdoors but 3 weeks into vege I decided it better they grow indoors due to laws and very close neighbors and stretched nearly three times their height. I did not take this into account this time. I believe I have made the scrog very difficult for my self, once the ladies reached the screen I started tucking and weaving through the metal screen. Which I believe is wrong? Apparently I should have pushed them back under so they grow all under the screen until I flip to flower schedule is this correct?

Yes, @Pbass lights! I have added the extra 600w HPS with a lumatek ballast, which the ladies are loving. One 600 Hps just wasn't cutting the 5 X 5 area. That's great news about your flush, how rude! Good to see them back on track.

Ok after some help, Scrog screen has been set, now im not exactly sure how high it should sit above the pot? It is currently sitting at abot 34-35cm (14-15inches) off the pot.
20190202_212526.jpg

20190202_212624.jpg

20190202_212727.jpg

Now is this high enough? Or should it be lower? Do I flip them now that they have reached the screen? Or do I fill the screen up first any information/links would be great or tag someone that can help me would be wondeeful cheers.
Ahoy There, metal screen didn't work out for me to well. I use a organic twine stapled to a frame. Usually run my net at what will be 9-10 inches above top of soil. I also tried weaving thru the net and that does not allow for a changes. Now it is simply point and tuck. I use "sweet 16 cuts" for trimming and that sets up four mains that I orient by rotating container until I think the mains are pointed in a way to optimize scrog space. Then I let the plant grow up to the scrog manipulating second topped and lastly the third topped branches between the mains and continue to fill net space. When the net is about 75% occupied I flip to flower and continue thru first several weeks of flower to point and tuck perimeter branches. Strains that really generate strong growth (stretch) we install a second level net "cola net" that only serves to support the cola flowers keeping them from avalanche scenarios where one cola leans on another then they both lay over on the next cola, ect. The primary scrogs main function is a forced level canopy.

I believe that to be a much better method, like you said you can't change the direction once set. I'm already finding myself cutting out some of the wire as they are cutting into some stems. Being able to cut some sqaures and wire out is manageable while still holding its shape rather well.
We are always learning.

Field of Dreams
Day 24 of flower (20/03 week 4)
20190320_190019.jpg
20190320_185955.jpg
20190320_185758.jpg

20190320_185720.jpg

The fungus gnats are plaguing my girls and my life again:( they are being targeted a few different ways yellow sticky traps, neem oil, gnatural, top layer of sand. This has reduced them significantly, but not eradicated the little devil spawns, lol. I'm curious to now if covering my pots in breathable bags (frost protection bags) would stop them further.

Ladies are Just under half way through their flower cycle. Running nutrients at 1200-1300ppm, PH 5.8. A feed with 1/4 strength nutrients was done last night then this morning before lights out a flush with straight ph5.8 water and BAC weekly scirup. THC Eskit will be added into feeding schedule tomorrow starting week four feeding.

Clones 10 x Strawberry Cough
My little monster cropped clones are starting to show signs of the rooting process (yellow leaves) there is also some light burn as this is my first time using the 2ft Growlush, twin T5 6500k 10,000lm.
20190319_205055.jpg

One clone In particular stands out above the rest with her pretty colours coming through.
20190320_204231.jpg

I believe this is due to cooler climate? I also forgot to turn the heat mat on, oops.
Thanks for dropping in, good growings! :peace:

Everything looking good bro! I ran 2 600's in a 5x5 for a long time. Works really nice.
Sweet as, thanks alot mate. Can I ask did you run MH globes during vege? I am only running HPS and am wondering if MH are worth using?
Also with my present canopy flowers are only just off the screen like 27-30cm(11inches). Alot of flowers under the canopy between the screen are not receiving much light and are turning light green from not getting sufficient lighting. Now my question is do defoliate the leaves around them thinning out this canopy pretty heavily or do I remove these flowers so the flowers receiving all the light get more of everything?

Well spank my ass and call me Charlie, that was unexpected!
Saw the first pics and thought "clones look well stressed, it's about to fall apart"
But Jesus mate that's how do it! What a tent full man. Not seen strawberry cough in 10 years, I'm so jealous :(

Hahaha, legend thanks Charlie ;) next should be as @Pbass says Dy-no-mite! Another four clones on the way for my final strawberry cough grow. Trying to get MY basic fundamentals of growing down grow set-up needs, then the sky's limit with strain selection :yummy:

Sweet as, thanks alot mate. Can I ask did you run MH globes during vege? I am only running HPS and am wondering if MH are worth using?
Also with my present canopy flowers are only just off the screen like 27-30cm(11inches). Alot of flowers under the canopy between the screen are not receiving much light and are turning light green from not getting sufficient lighting. Now my question is do defoliate the leaves around them thinning out this canopy pretty heavily or do I remove these flowers so the flowers receiving all the light get more of everything?
I like to veg with MH if I have them on hand, but you can use HPS just fine also.....to your other question, I would remove the flowers that are recieving little light. These will just end up being tiny little larf anyway. That way your plant concentrates all it's energy towards flower production on the best tops. I usually do this at week 3, because that is when the stretch usually stops, and you can see what flower sites are recieving the best light. I usually do not remove any fan leaves up top unless they are blocking a bud site, or to increase a little air flow. That is usually on tighter node indica plants more though.

Back
Top Bottom