Curious' 2nd Grow Journal, 4x Strawberry Cough, Jan 2019

Yeah I think it's safe to say you've "got it down" mate. How long you been growing for?
Thanks mate, ummm five months? Give or take a month.
I like to veg with MH if I have them on hand, but you can use HPS just fine also.....to your other question, I would remove the flowers that are recieving little light. These will just end up being tiny little larf anyway. That way your plant concentrates all it's energy towards flower production on the best tops. I usually do this at week 3, because that is when the stretch usually stops, and you can see what flower sites are recieving the best light. I usually do not remove any fan leaves up top unless they are blocking a bud site, or to increase a little air flow. That is usually on tighter node indica plants more though.
Ok will do, thank you very much.
Amazing looking tent you got there mate looks awesome
Thanks mate.

Little bit of a gap from my last post, busy with work life and a little d.i.y. job on a grow cabinet. Well a shelf turned Into a cabinet, lol.
20190405_160347.jpg
20190405_232454.jpg
20190410_161558.jpg

Pretty much a 4 x 2 (1'9") pretty excited about this one as this is where I would like to try a couple different strains out and do some experimenting maybe try 12/12 from seed, try some autos. Aaaaaghh the possibilities are endless, lol. Will be flowering 2 at a time. This will also be used to clone/vege/seed for the main flower tent (5x5). Will be running a 600w hps through a cool tube, carbon filter will sit on top of cabinet with the fan drwaing out of through the cool tube and passive duct on the bottom, opposite set up to my 5x5. (Story for another journal)
Day 41 of flower / week 7
Ladies are looking really good considering there is not alot of space between them and the canopy is so dense, would probably not push for as many tips next time. At present there is no fungus gnats and no cases of any mold surprisingly Pistils are sitting about 30% brown, will check trichomes in next couple of days. Half way through week 7 now (8 week flower cycle), after this week they will be put on a straight water diet for their last couple of weeks. Will check in, in next few days with a trichome update.
20190406_190212.jpg

20190406_190011.jpg

20190410_180337.jpg

20190410_180058.jpg

Hope everyone's grows are going well. :peace:

Day 47 Flower Trichome inspection

After thorough investigation of the girls thrichomes conclusion is they are still very clear, with touches of opaque. I will be harvesting when trichomes are about 5-10% amber, so definetly A few weeks out from harvest I believe. :peace:
20190416_152902.jpg
20190416_152813.jpg
20190416_153034.jpg
20190416_153002.jpg
20190416_153212.jpg

Day 51 of flower

A chance to get a few snaps in before their day begins.
I have trimmed alot of foliage/fan leaves around shadowed flower sites, as some sites were not receiving any light what so ever. I hope this doesn't affect them to much. I have also installed a second plastic screen for a little support as the heavier sites could not support there own weight.
20190420_175918.jpg
20190420_175236.jpg
20190420_175736.jpg
20190420_175805.jpg
20190420_180049.jpg
20190420_184247.jpg
20190420_190420.jpg
20190420_184031.jpg

I'm thinking they may not be as frosty as last time, quite possibly due to growing in coco and not soil. I believe Mr Kushman said that his/this strain responds better to an organic environment. This is the only difference from last time that and the pots are only 18L and not 50L. But they still look delicious to me.
I will be reducing nutrients down to about 400ppm with just BAC A & B and BAC F1 Extreme for there second last week then phd water till they are ready. :peace:

26/04 day 57 of flower week 8

Unfortunately unforseen circumstances (beginning of a aphid infestation) has made it impossible to let my ladies fully mature.
20190425_003523.jpg
20190425_003201.jpg

Thanks @Archiweedies and @carcass for the information help and advice on what to do. On closer Inspection 3 of my nicest colas were affected (they really know how to hit where it hurts) as far as I can tell the rest of my harvest was ok. To prevent further Infestation I decided to harvest separating the infected colas and branches it was time to chop, trim and wash.
20190425_180156.jpg

Two down two to go.
20190426_081155.jpg

After chopping and trimming all product was washed in Doc buds recipe.

Bucket 1: H2O2 - 100ml per 20litres (as I could only get 6% hydrogen peroxide)
Bucket 2: 1 cup of lemon juice & 1 cup of bi-carb soda per 20litres (I used coles bottled lemon juice as I wanted the benefits of the sulphites).
Bucket 3: plain tap water
Bucket 4: plain tap water (poured in night before to evaporate a little chlorine).

A little devo about not being able to really ripen my ladies up, but better to save some then waste all. Very fortunate this did not happen four weeks earlier. :peace:

Shame that you had to harvest early,but at least they were close to done-if the aphids would have shown up a month ago,this would not have ended as well.

After you cure them,if you don't want to smoke the "aphid bud",you can vacuum pack them and stick them in the freezer--I've got 4oz of aphid bud in my freezer-been in there for 4 years...tried some about 3 months ago,and it's still as good as the non-aphid buds were at harvest time.
You can pull them out and make butter or something at a later date-that's what I was planning,but haven't gotten around to it yet.;)
Washing them may actually get the better part of the aphids out of the buds,since the infestation hasn't been going on too long,they may not be too deep into the buds..

Yeah couldn't afford to leave them. Your so right, im so very fortunate In a way. I only found one maybe two leaves on all 3 colas, though they were pretty smothered. Wash did a great job you could see alot come off, have kept them separate from the others until they are safe. Will definetly keep to make butter. Do you think they will be ok to make maybe some bubble hash have never tried to make it and apparently very easy to make? I still have a bag of trimmings from my last that I don't know what to do with any ideas apart from butter that's relatively easy. Not planning to go all out just yet with a dab press.

I can't assist with edibles,I'm pretty much just a smoker,the "Cannabis Concentrates" section
of the forum should answer all your questions about them

I'm glad you caught it early enough to avoid a full-blown infestation ,and got most of them washed out.
That first pic in post #45 is beautiful-you did a fantastic job growing those plants:goodjob:
All the pics are great,but that first one is a real standout!

Ok, after spending eights days drying in the tent and a final trim dry weights have come in at.... drum roll... 1074grams! Which works out to be 2lbs and 6ounces!!! (The 2lbs)
20190505_135932.jpg

Very happy with this conclusion, my goal was to try hit the two pound mark. I didn't think I was going to make it, but mission completed!

Big thanks to the people that helped me through all my problems makes doing these journals worth it! Cheers!
Now to hit the three pound grow! Till next time :peace:

Back
Top Bottom