Curso's 2400W TopLED - High Brix Kit - Run 6

Nice to see frost already.

But 4 months to get it that big makes me think that Mars II are not as good for vegging plants as HID. I own a Mars II 900w and so far it vegges plants much slower than a 600w mh.

Nice to see frost already.

But 4 months to get it that big makes me think that Mars II are not as good for vegging plants as HID. I own a Mars II 900w and so far it vegges plants much slower than a 600w mh.
Yeah, i noticed that too. They perform well but not as well as say a budmaster...but for the price and saving you get out of them in other ways, theyre worth it imo

Hey Curso,

I hope you don’t mind, but I would like to take a second to invite everyone who doesn’t already, to my current journal. The light schedule flips on Sunday. It should be a whole lot of fun as it will be my first time flowering photo plants.

I’ve got two large plants and potentially 4 small ones in a 5x5 tent under a 1200w MARS II TOPLed 1 plant is in an DIY EnF hydro system. The rest are in Super Soil.

So please, if you have time, and a mind to, stop on by the journal. Below is a link to my newest post, a quick re-cap of the grow so you don’t have to read 37 pages just to get caught up, you can just look at the pictures :laughtwo:

SweetLeef's Gone Muy Loco! Tijuana EbbnFlow - 4 Autos in Supersoil

Remembering when I joined this site and was in awe of the contest thread. Always would think of how cool it would be to win, thinking it wouldnt have been possible. Curso you have been one of the main contributors to my success. the plastic plants you would gro would keep me scratching my head and striving to have my plants as dialed as yours. I still don't. But it wont be long now.

Bro that bubba in HB soil would be scary. Honestly had I never had HB cannabis that bubba would top the charts as top dog. It just takes a minute for the soil to really develop. I think the soil is honestly better after the 2nd run. You already grow some dank bro, the kit is gonna drive your prices up. Man that bubba is good. You have mad skill shotta, my plastic plants are provided by soil development and the amendment. I am happy to have contributed to your success as you have to mine. Keep pushing that bar bro, we're still playing catch up from that AO...

Hey Curso,

I hope you don’t mind, but I would like to take a second to invite everyone who doesn’t already, to my current journal. The light schedule flips on Sunday. It should be a whole lot of fun as it will be my first time flowering photo plants.

I’ve got two large plants and potentially 4 small ones in a 5x5 tent under a 1200w MARS II TOPLed 1 plant is in an DIY EnF hydro system. The rest are in Super Soil.

So please, if you have time, and a mind to, stop on by the journal. Below is a link to my newest post, a quick re-cap of the grow so you don’t have to read 37 pages just to get caught up, you can just look at the pictures :laughtwo:

SweetLeef's Gone Muy Loco! Tijuana EbbnFlow - 4 Autos in Supersoil

Yep I'll stop by :)

Day 21~ 3 weeks from the flip I am digging having 1 big plant. It keeps life simple. She's due for a hair cut, I may or may not get to it today, we'll see how many dabs I do ;). Here she is this morning..Per request in my other thread I'll take some after lights are out tonight. But here she is as she sits right now. She seems to have liked the little bit of stress she got yesterday.

IMG_63877.JPG
IMG_63915.JPG
IMG_63906.JPG
IMG_63896.JPG
IMG_63887.JPG

:peacetwo::bigtoke::peacetwo:

Oh yeah hey Doc...The slight mg issue issue is evened itself out with new roots. Nice stuff bro!!!

I think you'll like the subtle differences with the new product, Curso.

Here's another little tip I've learned: If you can make a dirt clod with your HIgh Brix soil, you've probably got too much Mg. Mg makes the soil sticky, while calcium breaks it up and makes it fluffy. It's not exactly a soil test....but it's a good bit of old-school expertise and as long as we're aware of it we can begin to develop skills on the "intuitive" level.....master gardener stuff.

Careful using too much of the new Roots! in the recycling program. I'm using 2-3 tablespoons when I add leaf material and 7 gallons of soil. I'm curious as to how much you're using.

I think you'll like the subtle differences with the new product, Curso.

Here's another little tip I've learned: If you can make a dirt clod with your HIgh Brix soil, you've probably got too much Mg. Mg makes the soil sticky, while calcium breaks it up and makes it fluffy. It's not exactly a soil test....but it's a good bit of old-school expertise and as long as we're aware of it we can begin to develop skills on the "intuitive" level.....master gardener stuff.

Careful using too much of the new Roots! in the recycling program. I'm using 2-3 tablespoons when I add leaf material and 7 gallons of soil. I'm curious as to how much you're using.

I am adding like an even dusting over top of the leaf before I bury it. Maybe 2 tablespoons'ish, about a palm full. I'll check the soil for clumping today. I did just get it wet earlier in the week so it might not be the best judgement. It was a bit dry when I was into it earlier this week. But it wasn't clumpy before I had mixed it up it was crumbly.

This plant is done getting anything but drenches and sprays. She seem's pretty happy where she's at right now. I'll just keep the soil happy from here on out.

Did you happen to see that new promix hp with coco added to it Doc. I was at the local shop and the guy was unloading from a truck, trying to get me to buy a bale. Any thoughts on it?

I am adding like an even dusting over top of the leaf before I bury it. Maybe 2 tablespoons'ish, about a palm full. I'll check the soil for clumping today. I did just get it wet earlier in the week so it might not be the best judgement. It was a bit dry when I was into it earlier this week. But it wasn't clumpy before I had mixed it up it was crumbly.

This plant is done getting anything but drenches and sprays. She seem's pretty happy where she's at right now. I'll just keep the soil happy from here on out.

Did you happen to see that new promix hp with coco added to it Doc. I was at the local shop and the guy was unloading from a truck, trying to get me to buy a bale. Any thoughts on it?

I won't use coco. The CEC is all screwy. It's a no-go for me.

I took a packed gallon bucket of leaf...here she is..(lights out pics to come in a little while..)
IMG_63934.JPG
IMG_63944.JPG
IMG_63954.JPG
IMG_63966.JPG

She's pretty happy to have some air going through her and getting some light down below all that leaf...:peacetwo:

So I just got this new vape pen and I looked at your journal. As usual, the plant(s) are stunning. But you know we're fanatics because what got most of my attention was the fact that you got 3 gallons of super healthy leaves off of her to feed your soil! :laughtwo:

"Man, I wish I had all those leaves to put in my recycled soil.....wow...." :rofl:

It's a given you're growing the strongest contender for plant of the month there, it's the soil we're all interested in....6 runs.

Is this method proving to be expensive, cheap or "competitive" in the long run for you Curso?

Sorry to put you on the spot like that.

Yeah, its getting to the point to where im looking forward to future runs...which will be...shit, i dont know now! I already have so many strains and more (x2) on the way. Ill be getti g some BID berries and a bunch from a seed bank! HSO Purple trainwreck,TGA jack skellington a paki landrace from w.o.s. n.l. blue, n.l. x big bud and an afghan kush special. Choices choices :)

So I just got this new vape pen and I looked at your journal. As usual, the plant(s) are stunning. But you know we're fanatics because what got most of my attention was the fact that you got 3 gallons of super healthy leaves off of her to feed your soil! :laughtwo:

"Man, I wish I had all those leaves to put in my recycled soil.....wow...." :rofl:

It's a given you're growing the strongest contender for plant of the month there, it's the soil we're all interested in....6 runs.

Is this method proving to be expensive, cheap or "competitive" in the long run for you Curso?

Sorry to put you on the spot like that.

Thanks Doc. I find it all 3 in a metaphoric way but, I find this method to be the least expensive of them all.

I mean, 6 runs out of one and a half bales of promix hp is pretty much unheard of. I have added amendment 3 times now.

Even if someone didn't "rescue or recycle" the soil, its still less expensive than buying gallons of nutes, medium and pest control. Lets face it, I still haven't seen a bug in my grow since the beginning of my other thread. I saw a fly up there yesterday and was kinda pissed off. To me that is priceless.

Being a snob isn't a bad deal either. I find that after smoking kit cannabis is an extremely rewarding experience. HB cannabis just has such different effect than everything else I have had. Nothing compares even to a persons first harvest of hb, well maybe Shotta's bubba, but there's not many like that out there.

I think people find it intimidating, only because of the new terminology. I think "drench, spray and wash" people find like "omg wtf is that" but once they do it and have a little bit of understanding of why we do it, a light bulb goes on and they're more like "holy shit that works"...

I wouldn't grow with any other method. A snob I am and am proud. I am proud of all the other snobs that are out there that we have helped in some way. You guys are killing it!!! Told ya it was growing with the cheat codes....

Yeah, its getting to the point to where im looking forward to future runs...which will be...shit, i dont know now! I already have so many strains and more (x2) on the way. Ill be getti g some BID berries and a bunch from a seed bank! HSO Purple trainwreck,TGA jack skellington a paki landrace from w.o.s. n.l. blue, n.l. x big bud and an afghan kush special. Choices choices :)

Dude that's a nice line up. I think all those are going to be fantastic. I have only had a couple strains that didn't like what I was offering and that's my fault. I'd have a hard time choosing if I were you. I'd be figuring out a way to grow them all at once.

If these beans I have going now don't want to listen. Strawberry Cough is on deck as a replacement...

Back
Top Bottom