Curso's 2400W TopLED - High Brix Kit - Run 6

Hey Curso, I am looking at swapping over to LED from 1000w MH & 1000w HPS , I found TOP LED 1600w/1200w and also see that you are using them, what spectrum option did you opt for? I have 3 tents 2 for flower at different stages and 1 for veg, I was looking at getting 2 x 1600w Flower and 1 x 1200w Veg for my 3 tents , tent sizes are 5' x 5' x 7'
My interest in LED lights have solely arisen because of the claims of less heat, lifespan and less power usage. Can you validate any of these claims? Thanks in advance for any reply's to my question.

Hey Curso, I am looking at swapping over to LED from 1000w MH & 1000w HPS , I found TOP LED 1600w/1200w and also see that you are using them, what spectrum option did you opt for? I have 3 tents 2 for flower at different stages and 1 for veg, I was looking at getting 2 x 1600w Flower and 1 x 1200w Veg for my 3 tents , tent sizes are 5' x 5' x 7'
My interest in LED lights have solely arisen because of the claims of less heat, lifespan and less power usage. Can you validate any of these claims? Thanks in advance for any reply's to my question.

Your plan is pretty spot on. I went with the factory spectrum on all my lights. They both flower and veg well. You can have them make you flower and veg spectrum's and if I could do things again I would have done flower and veg spectrum's for both. I really like the 3w light's for veg, but I have a much smaller area to light and their penetration isn't 1/2 of the mars series.

I will back up the claims and I have had good results with my topled's. For the loot, they can't be beat. As far as the lifespan goes. I think technology will advance before the lights wear out.
It's less heat but you still need to vent it I have my filter above my lights to pull the hot air out. It wasn't that bad with one light in there. Before I moved things around to have a cold air intake, it was hot, real hot with both lights.

I prefer them to hps/mh because they are waaaaay more cost effective. My buddy still runs hps. He has like 1600w running in an 8x8 with a 400 veg. His bill is double mine and I still have more usable light in my flower tent than he does in his whole grow and my bill is still half. I haven't used one of those 1600 panels they're in a different case than the 12 and 900 and have a veg switch. There is a sweet spot you have to find. I found that 12-18" gave me the best coverage in intense light. With not damage (to my plants) other people's experience may differ. I grow really healthy plants, they can take a beating.

I hope my dabbed out ramble helped in some way :passitleft:

Hey thanks for the input, I look forward to using some of these lights, I've also heard that whilst growing under LED's you need to use less nutrients? I run a recirculating system in perlite as a grow medium normally and intend to under my LED's when the time comes, my make up water comes from a reverse osmosis unit so there is basically zero salts in the water prior to adding nutrients which obviously allows you to saturate the water with what is right. I normally run the pump for 15mins every 1.5 hrs. I just can't see that this would differ under LED's as would the nutrient levels , I normally run around 1600 ppm to 1700 ppm TDS for adult plants. Any thoughts on LED's and nutrients ..

Hey thanks for the input, I look forward to using some of these lights, I've also heard that whilst growing under LED's you need to use less nutrients? I run a recirculating system in perlite as a grow medium normally and intend to under my LED's when the time comes, my make up water comes from a reverse osmosis unit so there is basically zero salts in the water prior to adding nutrients which obviously allows you to saturate the water with what is right. I normally run the pump for 15mins every 1.5 hrs. I just can't see that this would differ under LED's as would the nutrient levels , I normally run around 1600 ppm to 1700 ppm TDS for adult plants. Any thoughts on LED's and nutrients ..

I run soil, I have no valuable input on that subject.

I got bored yesterday and went into the flower tent and cleaned her up again. I removed the sucker branches and some of the bigger leaf. Not that she wasn't getting light to the lower branches, I just don't like trimming that shit so I get rid of it asap. I spread her out some more and then sprayed her with stress. She is a very happy lady this morning. Reaching for the 2400w of TopLed. She's giving me loads of new growth and I will end up giving her some brix spray today before lights out. So....Here she is loving life in the kit soil with a bit of her own leaf cooked in. She'll get a good watering with energy/tea/.25oz transplant. She'll also get a topdressing of Doc's new "Roots" product whenever I order it. She's going to need the added boost Doc added to the new product so sometime today I'll get the order in.

Anyways...Here's day four clean and happy....
IMG_62774.JPG

:peacetwo::passitleft::peacetwo:

I did a gig where we catered movie sets on a food truck. It was cool yes, yes it was. While I was cooking my 2nd service of the day on my 2nd day. In the middle of nowhere a tow truck pulls in and lifts the front of the truck with us on it. We get out and do what anyone would do. "WTF BRO"...right...this is 45 minutes out from service this fuckin guy wants to take my kitchen. I talk him into letting me at least get what I need off the truck before he repo's it. Nothing was done...I was basically just firing shit. I had this massive 2 tank taking grill. Yep you guessed it, I made that shit work. Nothing was grilled on the menu and nothing got grilled. Give me a hot surface I'll make it happen. The guests never knew wtf happened just that the truck was gone....

:rofl: Great war story. I have a few good ones myself. Perhaps the most traumatic was a Christmas buffet. The room sat about 300 people. The buffet was set up in a loggia next to the dinning room. After busting arse all day I had finally sat down in my office after moving about 1500 covers through. The last seating was just starting. Suddenly staff came running back into the kitchen yelling "fire! fire! fire!"

Earlier in the day the F&B had insisted that we move a live X-mas tree from one of the conference rooms and put it behind the buffet next to the carving station. The tree had been around since Thanksgiving and was pretty dried out... A Sterno sparked and the tree went up with a whoosh. Sprinkler system in the loggia came on, power went out... The whole buffet was trashed.

To make matters worse, it was Christmas night. None of the guests had anyplace else to go. They just sat there in the dark haze of sweet smelling evergreen smoke while the fire department checked things out. Nobody knew how to turn off the sprinklers in the loggia. We were running back and forth to housekeeping and grabbing all the towels and linen we could find to build a dam to keep the water out of the dinning room.

After working for fourteen hours already I suddenly found myself needing to feed a few hundred people a la cart out of the casual restaurant kitchen that was only prepped for room service. All the tables were comped, of course. I managed to rally the troops and feed everyone a three course meal. Freaking nutz! :thedoubletake:

:rofl: Great war story. I have a few good ones myself. Perhaps the most traumatic was a Christmas buffet. The room sat about 300 people. The buffet was set up in a loggia next to the dinning room. After busting arse all day I had finally sat down in my office after moving about 1500 covers through. The last seating was just starting. Suddenly staff came running back into the kitchen yelling "fire! fire! fire!"

Earlier in the day the F&B had insisted that we move a live X-mas tree from one of the conference rooms and put it behind the buffet next to the carving station. The tree had been around since Thanksgiving and was pretty dried out... A Sterno sparked and the tree went up with a whoosh. Sprinkler system in the loggia came on, power went out... The whole buffet was trashed.

To make matters worse, it was Christmas night. None of the guests had anyplace else to go. They just sat there in the dark haze of sweet smelling evergreen smoke while the fire department checked things out. Nobody knew how to turn off the sprinklers in the loggia. We were running back and forth to housekeeping and grabbing all the towels and linen we could find to build a dam to keep the water out of the dinning room.

After working for fourteen hours already I suddenly found myself needing to feed a few hundred people a la cart out of the casual restaurant kitchen that was only prepped for room service. All the tables were comped, of course. I managed to rally the troops and feed everyone a three course meal. Freaking nutz! :thedoubletake:

LMAO!!! It's funny now but I can feel the stress bro. That's getting it done though, good game. F&B always have the greatest idea's ever. I'm not sure who's worse, the catering sales people or the F&B its a close race to who fuck's us the hardest. My buddy who runs the convention center was telling me he had 2 events going (really no biggie like 500 ppl between the 2) but...they changed the room's basically flip flopped the parties. Fun stuff!!! I am happy I missed that experience...LOL!!!! They plated the one and sent it out..well, it was suppose to be the buffet and the other one needed to be plated. Basically at service. I honestly don't miss the situation stress.

Those sprinklers are funny man. We had a guy put a couple briquettes of charcoal in a 4" half pan and he set it on a table. I was downstairs when this happened (thank god) He kicked the sprinkler off, the building is like 50 years old....He got soaked with some nasty black water and caused a waterfall in the freight elevator. Luckily, it wasn't my kitchen so it was my buddies problem. I still laugh at his ass to this day...lol

Luckily, my buddy handles all the food at the convention center. Which is almost just as bad (no offense bro but you come up with fucked up shit for 5k people). The tastings are set up by him too. So when they come back with the options he can sell them in the way he wants them to go, it works out well for him. Bro...he came up with a tart shell filled with pastry cream and topped with fresh berries for 3k people. My wife was doing them, she and the union staff had his number for a couple days about those things....A chef with pintrest is almost as bad as a catering salesperson with big ideas....lol

I'll tell you my absolute worst experience in a kitchen...I was helping this guy out I knew when I moved back to MI from NY. I was helping him get through Val. day. It fell on a saturday that year and the chef had put the food order in for like 450 covers. They continued to take reservations. They never gave him a final cover count because I don't think they knew it. Needless to say, we ran out of food. Before 9pm on a valentines day...my coolers were...empty. "curso, ya gotta give me something"..."Bro I've not nothing to give you"...With a full rail and a to the floor ticket on my printer....out of food. That shit was the worst feeling ever...and the first time I wasn't able to complete a service. Not my fault, but as a chef, we take a lot of pride in wtf we do. That shit still bothers me. Nobody lost their job's and I think they should have. They ruined a special day for a lot of people.

It's less heat but you still need to vent it I have my filter above my lights to pull the hot air out. It wasn't that bad with one light in there. Before I moved things around to have a cold air intake, it was hot, real hot with both lights.

My real interest is heat, I have a fully enclosed cupboard I grow in, even with a cooler hood with 400m3/h pouring though it my temps are a little on the hot side and thats just off a 400w HPS (I have got it to a manageable heat but with my fans and venting etc but its hard to hid the noise (18/6 during the day as the background noise hids it some)

Im only doing 4/6 plants once or twice a year for personal so the cost of LED lighting is a kick in the ass but for the drop in temps and the subsequent drop in noise Im most likely going to pull the trigger after I'm done with this grow.

I know 2x1200 is defo going to have heat issues without some cooling but what about the single 1200, was it bad enough to need cooling say in a 3 feet by 3 feet by 8 feet height space?

My real interest is heat, I have a fully enclosed cupboard I grow in, even with a cooler hood with 400m3/h pouring though it my temps are a little on the hot side and thats just off a 400w HPS (I have got it to a manageable heat but with my fans and venting etc but its hard to hid the noise (18/6 during the day as the background noise hids it some)

Im only doing 4/6 plants once or twice a year for personal so the cost of LED lighting is a kick in the ass but for the drop in temps and the subsequent drop in noise Im most likely going to pull the trigger after I'm done with this grow.

I know 2x1200 is defo going to have heat issues without some cooling but what about the single 1200, was it bad enough to need cooling say in a 3 feet by 3 feet by 8 feet height space?

You'll still need to pull the hot air out of the room. While its not 1291392432 degrees like an hps bulb, they do put out there own fair amount of heat. The light itself is vented and hot air blows out the vents, you'll need to get rid of that heat. I would go with 2 400's for that space.

Back
Top Bottom