DeeBeeBees GSC Photo Grow Q4 2022

Hi, anyone that might be interested,

<will edit in photos of all tomorrow morning>

For some background on us and the background of our entry to the farming world then read our Intro

This grow is our first, sorta, you'll see in a bit why the "sorta" there are a lot of moving parts/plants. This is designed to be the first grow of a multi tent perpetual grow aiming to have seedlings, veg, flower and dry/cure stages on the go at all times. Full disclosure - we don't smoke but I love edibles, 6 hours of huge fun that my mate makes and sells. Its a commercial grow so the investment is not small but it is different from just hobby. I also am fortunate to have the advice of one of my best mates who has been doing huge farms for 30 years, this is fun for him becasue he's never grown in anything as small as a tent!

SAFETY

We have a nice house and a small kid, a medium kid, a dog, a cat and fish (that manage to kill themselves quite happily) and thanks to @Bill284 I had a second think about safety. The previous are more important than anything else. We have a smoke detector outside the main grow room and one inside the room. We have a 15LB fire extinguisher outside the room, another one coming tomorrow. I really wanted to buy the environmentally friendly one just because its bright green but they're twice the price! The construction style here in Thailand is basically all concrete, there is a false ceiling in the room made of fire retardent material but no wooden construction. The voltage here is 220v. We had 5x double three pin sockets installed by a qualified electrican on four seperate fused circuits at the height of 2.2m well away from any moisture.
Circuit One - Light Timer Bank #1
Circuit Two - Light Timer Bank #2
These run to a separate control box pictured below, breakers and timers with manual override.

Circuit Three - Inline fan and internal power to the back half of the grow tent
Circuit Four - Internal power to the front half of the grow tent.

Inside the tent there is a a four plug construction grade fused extension cable mounted at high level for fans and sensors.

None of this is worth it if its not safe. This is why this section comes first.

LEGAL

We have a government issued license to grow more plants than we will ever be growing at anyone time. The Thai decriminalisation/legalisation is still unclear but we've taken advice and believe what we are doing is legal. Please don't ask me any more - honestly your guess is as good as mine as to how it ends up here in 12 - 24 - 36 months.

SEEDS/GROWING MEDIUM/NUTES

We're going to be kicking off with a bakers dozen of Girl Scout Cookies (Garden of Green) bought from @Herbies Seeds and shipped super promptly. We got 4x Gorilla Glue and 4x Gelato Autos for gratis so gracias to them (these we're going to try an outdoor grow with 2 of each and donated the others to friends) They report it as being 50/50 and up to 28%. The yield is on the upper end but not the biggest. Its as much no one else has it here apart from my friend who is still in construction and the smoke comes highly recommended. Herbies also seemed to have a very good rep.

We're growing in coco coir (local but sanitised) that comes loose not bricks and it goes in linen grow bags.

Nutes - we're going to be using mixes made locally in Thailand, a newish company called Exotic Chilli Plants Thailand I've bought chilli plants, sauces and soil from the owner before and the man can grow. He also supplies some big commercial farmers of weed here - the fact its local and hasn't been shipped around the world is important too, the electricity is important to us too....

EQUIPMENT

Haha - lots. Following on from above we are installing a 50KW solar inverter and I think 40KW of panels in January/February. We were going to install about half that anyway but just doubled up. We get lots of sun even in rainy season, the Thai government is saying they are going to make it easier to link to the network but they say a lot of things (Again - as with the legalisation path don't ask - your guess is as good as mine, its Thailand) we'll be aiming to have the lights on during daylight hours as much as possible (its 12/12 here in the tropics all year) so batteries etc aren't required. There is a split A/C unti in th emain grow room.

Basically 90% of everything is @Mars Hydro They have a warehouse here with most of their products. (please if you read this can you get me a cloning machine to buy direct off you!) I read loads about differenttechnical stuff (Its what I do for a living really) but they were always at the top anyway, the fact it was shipped locally was a huge plus, there was no other choice really and what has arrived so far has been great.

SEEDLING/DRYING TENT

In the garage ground floor.
Mars Hydro 1.2x1.2m with a no brand 320W LED Samsung 201B controller.
This is just basic with some little USB Xaiomi USB fans.

VEG TENT
Mars Hydro 1.2x2.33m tent. Yeah you read that right! Of course my grow room is 2.33m wide and the tent is 2.4m wide! We made it work. Angle grinder, all that, carbon fibre fishing rod chopped up for additional support 😅 In here we have a 6" Mars Hydro Thermostatic controlled inline fan.
Lights are 2x Mars Hydro FC6500's
For LST each plant in there now (more later about those) has 4" USB Xiaomi USB fans that just tickle them constantly.
There's a CCTV wireless camera going in this evening and the 7-1 wifi enabled air sensors arrive tomorrow.
High level power sockets as discussed in SAFETY above. There is an A/C unit in this room.

FLOWER TENT
OK, this is where it gets a bit funky. In about a month we're going to put in the same room a Mars Hydro 2.4x2.4m for flowering - obviously we'll need to make it 2.4x2.33 but actually this is only 4 tent poles to cut. The now 1.2x2.4m again tent will go down to the garage where my cuttings from the first grow will in theory be ready to veg. The Flower Tent we're putting 4x Mars Hydro FC8000 lights in. Extraction not sure, maybe 2x 4" or an 8" I don't see Mars do an 8" so maybe another brand. I have an 8" Carbon filter and just seems like its too deep, two 4" might be a better option. I think we'll probably need a dehumidifier in this room for sure which is fine, I've been using them for years at home anyway otherwise in the other SE Asian country I live in - all your clothes fall apart every six months if you don't!

GROW STYLE/MISC

We're going to go sea of green/sog/scog - umm we're going to cross that bridge when we come to it in a couple of weeks. Pen testers, etc, the basics consider it done. The aim is to harvest every 45 days.

ADDITIONAL "SORTA" PLANTS 😅

I bought a couple of Bruce Banner clones from a mate about a month back. "Seeds Genetics" seeds. I flipped them to 12/12 two days ago. They look amazing to me as a first timer. Used Dutch Pro A/B on them during veg under the 320W NoBrand light. One at 36cm (14") and one at 33cm and they are now under a single FC6500. These are our training wheels, everything is in range. They look "pretty good" according to my pro advisor, (Photo to follow) I may when the GSC's are ready to flip put the BBs outside, the weather should be good for that by them, they are great for learning but I don't want them to distract from the main event.

NEXT STEPS

Add the pictures to this post of course!

Tonight we're going to plant the GSC's Straight into coco in plastic cups with some loose cling wrap on top to add a little humidity. Will post that next.

SUMMARY

We are in no doubt as to the complexity of what we are attempting! "In at the deep end," "all the gear, no idea." But this is a serious exercise with a lot of thought and time devoted to it. Our expectations for this first grow I think are realistic (don't burn the house down or kill the plants, that's all we're after) Apart from my IRL mate advising I feel like we are "Standing on the shoulders of giants" becasue these forums seem to be able to answer nearly every question we have, just by the power of the search function! So thank you!

DeeBeeBee

Hi, anyone that might be interested,

<will edit in photos of all tomorrow morning>

For some background on us and the background of our entry to the farming world then read our Intro

This grow is our first, sorta, you'll see in a bit why the "sorta" there are a lot of moving parts/plants. This is designed to be the first grow of a multi tent perpetual grow aiming to have seedlings, veg, flower and dry/cure stages on the go at all times. Full disclosure - we don't smoke but I love edibles, 6 hours of huge fun that my mate makes and sells. Its a commercial grow so the investment is not small but it is different from just hobby. I also am fortunate to have the advice of one of my best mates who has been doing huge farms for 30 years, this is fun for him becasue he's never grown in anything as small as a tent!

SAFETY

We have a nice house and a small kid, a medium kid, a dog, a cat and fish (that manage to kill themselves quite happily) and thanks to @Bill284 I had a second think about safety. The previous are more important than anything else. We have a smoke detector outside the main grow room and one inside the room. We have a 15LB fire extinguisher outside the room, another one coming tomorrow. I really wanted to buy the environmentally friendly one just because its bright green but they're twice the price! The construction style here in Thailand is basically all concrete, there is a false ceiling in the room made of fire retardent material but no wooden construction. The voltage here is 220v. We had 5x double three pin sockets installed by a qualified electrican on four seperate fused circuits at the height of 2.2m well away from any moisture.
Circuit One - Light Timer Bank #1
Circuit Two - Light Timer Bank #2
These run to a separate control box pictured below, breakers and timers with manual override.

Circuit Three - Inline fan and internal power to the back half of the grow tent
Circuit Four - Internal power to the front half of the grow tent.

Inside the tent there is a a four plug construction grade fused extension cable mounted at high level for fans and sensors.

None of this is worth it if its not safe. This is why this section comes first.

LEGAL

We have a government issued license to grow more plants than we will ever be growing at anyone time. The Thai decriminalisation/legalisation is still unclear but we've taken advice and believe what we are doing is legal. Please don't ask me any more - honestly your guess is as good as mine as to how it ends up here in 12 - 24 - 36 months.

SEEDS/GROWING MEDIUM/NUTES

We're going to be kicking off with a bakers dozen of Girl Scout Cookies (Garden of Green) bought from @Herbies Seeds and shipped super promptly. We got 4x Gorilla Glue and 4x Gelato Autos for gratis so gracias to them (these we're going to try an outdoor grow with 2 of each and donated the others to friends) They report it as being 50/50 and up to 28%. The yield is on the upper end but not the biggest. Its as much no one else has it here apart from my friend who is still in construction and the smoke comes highly recommended. Herbies also seemed to have a very good rep.

We're growing in coco coir (local but sanitised) that comes loose not bricks and it goes in linen grow bags.

Nutes - we're going to be using mixes made locally in Thailand, a newish company called Exotic Chilli Plants Thailand I've bought chilli plants, sauces and soil from the owner before and the man can grow. He also supplies some big commercial farmers of weed here - the fact its local and hasn't been shipped around the world is important too, the electricity is important to us too....

EQUIPMENT

Haha - lots. Following on from above we are installing a 50KW solar inverter and I think 40KW of panels in January/February. We were going to install about half that anyway but just doubled up. We get lots of sun even in rainy season, the Thai government is saying they are going to make it easier to link to the network but they say a lot of things (Again - as with the legalisation path don't ask - your guess is as good as mine, its Thailand) we'll be aiming to have the lights on during daylight hours as much as possible (its 12/12 here in the tropics all year) so batteries etc aren't required. There is a split A/C unti in th emain grow room.

Basically 90% of everything is @Mars Hydro They have a warehouse here with most of their products. (please if you read this can you get me a cloning machine to buy direct off you!) I read loads about differenttechnical stuff (Its what I do for a living really) but they were always at the top anyway, the fact it was shipped locally was a huge plus, there was no other choice really and what has arrived so far has been great.

SEEDLING/DRYING TENT

In the garage ground floor.
Mars Hydro 1.2x1.2m with a no brand 320W LED Samsung 201B controller.
This is just basic with some little USB Xaiomi USB fans.

VEG TENT
Mars Hydro 1.2x2.33m tent. Yeah you read that right! Of course my grow room is 2.33m wide and the tent is 2.4m wide! We made it work. Angle grinder, all that, carbon fibre fishing rod chopped up for additional support 😅 In here we have a 6" Mars Hydro Thermostatic controlled inline fan.
Lights are 2x Mars Hydro FC6500's
For LST each plant in there now (more later about those) has 4" USB Xiaomi USB fans that just tickle them constantly.
There's a CCTV wireless camera going in this evening and the 7-1 wifi enabled air sensors arrive tomorrow.
High level power sockets as discussed in SAFETY above. There is an A/C unit in this room.

FLOWER TENT
OK, this is where it gets a bit funky. In about a month we're going to put in the same room a Mars Hydro 2.4x2.4m for flowering - obviously we'll need to make it 2.4x2.33 but actually this is only 4 tent poles to cut. The now 1.2x2.4m again tent will go down to the garage where my cuttings from the first grow will in theory be ready to veg. The Flower Tent we're putting 4x Mars Hydro FC8000 lights in. Extraction not sure, maybe 2x 4" or an 8" I don't see Mars do an 8" so maybe another brand. I have an 8" Carbon filter and just seems like its too deep, two 4" might be a better option. I think we'll probably need a dehumidifier in this room for sure which is fine, I've been using them for years at home anyway otherwise in the other SE Asian country I live in - all your clothes fall apart every six months if you don't!

GROW STYLE/MISC

We're going to go sea of green/sog/scog - umm we're going to cross that bridge when we come to it in a couple of weeks. Pen testers, etc, the basics consider it done. The aim is to harvest every 45 days.

ADDITIONAL "SORTA" PLANTS 😅

I bought a couple of Bruce Banner clones from a mate about a month back. "Seeds Genetics" seeds. I flipped them to 12/12 two days ago. They look amazing to me as a first timer. Used Dutch Pro A/B on them during veg under the 320W NoBrand light. One at 36cm (14") and one at 33cm and they are now under a single FC6500. These are our training wheels, everything is in range. They look "pretty good" according to my pro advisor, (Photo to follow) I may when the GSC's are ready to flip put the BBs outside, the weather should be good for that by them, they are great for learning but I don't want them to distract from the main event.

NEXT STEPS

Add the pictures to this post of course!

Tonight we're going to plant the GSC's Straight into coco in plastic cups with some loose cling wrap on top to add a little humidity. Will post that next.

SUMMARY

We are in no doubt as to the complexity of what we are attempting! "In at the deep end," "all the gear, no idea." But this is a serious exercise with a lot of thought and time devoted to it. Our expectations for this first grow I think are realistic (don't burn the house down or kill the plants, that's all we're after) Apart from my IRL mate advising I feel like we are "Standing on the shoulders of giants" becasue these forums seem to be able to answer nearly every question we have, just by the power of the search function! So thank you!

DanBeeBee
Brilliant, thank you so much.
That’s very interesting.
I’m glad you have safety equipment.
I got lucky, could have been much worse.
Looking forward to following along.
Have a wonderful day my friend. :passitleft:

Stay safe.
Bill284 :cool:

OK, so the grow is officially a go. We have a bakers dozen of Girl Scout Cookies in to germinate. Mulled paper towels but a coin flip for us. They're going near a fish tank downstairs, we have a little tiny light if we need it but its warm and out of direct sunlight.

Because we're gluttons for punishment here are 2x Gelato and 2x Gorilla Glue both autos sent as bonus seeds by @Herbies Seeds These will only evre grow outside on this balcony which is predominantly west facing, We're starting them pushed up into the corner out of direct sun, the temp here is +/- 2 degrees of 30 degrees celsius all year round.

Lights just gone out on the Bruce Banner's we have on 12/12 now in the soon to be Veg tent so a picture tomorrow of those. They just had a feed and Ph 6 exactly and ppm 1050 - We feel like the humidity is a little high by skin so will throw some bricks in there in the morning. The sensors arrive then as well, for humidity and Co2 amongst others, but my main focus for now.

DeeBeeBee

Perpetual grow is ideal, seems like an ambitious undertaking but you seem to be willing and with the support of your mate and all the many knowledable people on this forum I'm sure you will do well!

Definitely following closely, ultimately I will be looking to do something like this in future but I' m not as brave as you and I'm starting with an easier project lol :D

All the best & good luck mate.

Perpetual grow is ideal, seems like an ambitious undertaking but you seem to be willing and with the support of your mate and all the many knowledable people on this forum I'm sure you will do well!

Definitely following closely, ultimately I will be looking to do something like this in future but I' m not as brave as you and I'm starting with an easier project lol :D

All the best & good luck mate.
Yeah man - its a huge attempt. I’m in no way underestimating the complexity. But technical complexity is my day to day job, I’m fortunate to have space, and “seed financing” 😅 to do this and treat it as a biz that may fail, most do - not a folly. I fail sure that’s ok. I think i have the knowledge base I need. And I love the challenge More than anything!
I fail I’ll have a whole lot of fun doing it and my wife and kids are very happy its not another motorbike that might kill me I’m “investing” in this project!

Yay - happy people.

First Sprouts - we have 8 out of 17 (13 GSC Photo, 2 Gorilla Glue and 2 Gelato Photos, total) sprouted after 72 hours. We ummm also think we found where a missing seed ended up

:rolleyes:

There's one of them.

The cheapo wifi enabled 7-1 air tester loves displaying the C02 as defaulting to 420 - it spikes up oftern as high as 1000 but yeah its funny.The temperature meter on it is so far out. Keeps saying its 43c's - its above the lights so its way cooler. By touch and by my pen tester its 28-30's but have some better sensors coming tomorrow.

And the two training wheel plants - Bruce Banner Photos on day 5 of 12/12 just got their first bloom nutes and look well. PPM 1100, Ph 5.9 and 6.1 so feel like they doing ok.

Loved seeing the first couple of sprouts and then seeing more and then seeing some ready to pop over night, made my heart sing to be growing something. So satisifying!

DeeBeeBee

I can't edit my original post it seems so some pictures on the environment which will be going to plan our main flower room.

SAFETY FIRST

Outside the room - a bit of a mess this evening, the wet/dry vac we use to scoop any extra water but fire extinguisher to hand and smoke detector on the ceiling - this is repeated inside the door. (NB: The hatch cut in the roof is un related. That room os bricked off from the landing/hallway void space and we are in dispute with the insurance company so to prove they owe us a payout had to have an access hatch cut.)

Here you can see a couple of the high level electrical sockets on a seperate circuit. They run the inlines and internal electrics. There is a bank of three to the right. We have AC in the room on a Sensibo wife climate react enabled thermostat.

This is the twin timer control box, breakers, timers, again on a totally separate circuit installed by a qualified electrician, 220v. Two of the double circuits on the right of the room are connected direct to these so we can run two banks of two 1200W+ lights, one from each of two plugs and not worry. Electrical stuff does vary around the world, especially for those on 110v so no need to comment if in your locale its different. This is AAA+ safe for here or anywhere that utilises a similar electrical system - the guy that did does warehouse 3 phase installs. We are safety first.

Of course we have CCTV - for 20USD why not? Also apparently the IR might be good for the plants!

How it looks now - but this is only a 2.33 x 1.2m tent, we're going to double it when the baby ladies are done with vegging in a month or so and the @Mars Hydro 8000's are available here. Observant people would have seen an FC6500 leaning against the wall outside the door which goes on tomorrow or day after when my little pretty GSC's go downstairs to the seedling tent!

We are proud parents!

DeeBeeBee

Will take some more pics of the air flow design stuff tomorrow.

I can't edit my original post it seems so some pictures on the environment which will be going to plan our main flower room.

SAFETY FIRST

Outside the room - a bit of a mess this evening, the wet/dry vac we use to scoop any extra water but fire extinguisher to hand and smoke detector on the ceiling - this is repeated inside the door. (NB: The hatch cut in the roof is un related. That room os bricked off from the landing/hallway void space and we are in dispute with the insurance company so to prove they owe us a payout had to have an access hatch cut.)

Here you can see a couple of the high level electrical sockets on a seperate circuit. They run the inlines and internal electrics. There is a bank of three to the right. We have AC in the room on a Sensibo wife climate react enabled thermostat.

This is the twin timer control box, breakers, timers, again on a totally separate circuit installed by a qualified electrician, 220v. Two of the double circuits on the right of the room are connected direct to these so we can run two banks of two 1200W+ lights, one from each of two plugs and not worry. Electrical stuff does vary around the world, especially for those on 110v so no need to comment if in your locale its different. This is AAA+ safe for here or anywhere that utilises a similar electrical system - the guy that did does warehouse 3 phase installs. We are safety first.

Of course we have CCTV - for 20USD why not? Also apparently the IR might be good for the plants!

How it looks now - but this is only a 2.33 x 1.2m tent, we're going to double it when the baby ladies are done with vegging in a month or so and the @Mars Hydro 8000's are available here. Observant people would have seen an FC6500 leaning against the wall outside the door which goes on tomorrow or day after when my little pretty GSC's go downstairs to the seedling tent!

We are proud parents!

DeeBeeBee

Will take some more pics of the air flow design stuff tomorrow.
Wonderful :welldone:
I'd just use that entire room instead of a tent.
But looking good my friend. :thumb:
Love the safety first.
Take care.

Stay safe

Wonderful :welldone:
I'd just use that entire room instead of a tent.
But looking good my friend. :thumb:
Love the safety first.
Take care.

Stay safe
Double checked I hadn't put it in a draft! - but yes that's exactly what we're planning, you're definitely on the ball Mr Bill! The proximity of 4 lights in a 8ftx8ft tent worries me as much as antyhing. Mylar is cheap to buy here and it gives way more flexibility with height (you can see from the photos blocking the light from those small windows isn't an issue) The roof is 2.6m high plus 40cm void space.
This tent will go to the ground floor for veg as planned after.

BTW - the bars on the windows are decorative for the outside, not a security feature although it turns out might be useful for that purpose!

- Quick edit - some extra door to seal against odours is the design delay/thought at the moment.

DeeBeeBee

15/18 seeds germinated to seedlings so far. Sure the others are close on thank you @Herbies Seeds !

Lets make it more complicated....

So with my training wheels plants, the Bruce Banners I thought I'd have a dabble with adding Co2. The level stays resolutely at 420 per my with occassional spikes to ~800 from a couple of tear bags of organic Co2. A big bottle of Co2 is only $2.50USD here after the cylinder deposit so I bought a reg with wifi (obvs!)

REALLY IMPORTANT

Co2 is really dangerous in enclosed spaces. In another life a colleague in the same chain of nightclubs walked into their cold room and nearly died where a Co2 line had split from contact with a keg. You need a detector like a smoke detector IMHO if you're going to add it. The risks may outweight the benefits but for a regulator and $2.50 we thought we'd give it a go.

A bit of the fishing rod left (used for strengthening the tent) with holes drilled in and added to the Co2 reg.

Setup outside the tent with the cylinder

In situ, could probably do with being a bit lower. The regulator doesn't seem tightened enough so being safety first all switched off until I can seal the connections properly with some decent silicone tomorrow.

DeeBeeBee

Still got 1x Gorilla Glue Photo and 2x GSC not germinated yet. Going to give them overnight and think about trying them in kitchen roll. The others range from 1cm - 3cm so far. They're under 18-6 NoName light but 1.5m away. Just some water mist so far. the Missus is now full boss of those.

Got a couple of setup bits done today.

Added the @Mars Hydro inline w/t thermostat today, temp is still on the high side but trust this better than the cheapo monitor I have at the moment, the new ones come by Friday I'm promised.

Fixed the C02 Reg and changed up the dispersal device I made to a better spot. This I understand will allow the plants to thrive in slightly higher temps - its a lot cheaper than electricity for the AC here so hope its ok.

DeeBeeBee

Looking good man! I like your style adding the c02 from the get go. I added an exhale bag but there seems to be some debate on how effective those are lol, again you've chosen the harder but more effective route :) Crazy how cheap everything is out there too!

OK - I keep digressing this is a GSC Photo Coco Grow with a touch of C02 and my babies aren't getting enough attention

Ok this is the main tray of GSC's all sprouted, varying degrees of health. The one at the front still has the seed attached. A couple with 4 leaves already. Otherwise 2 per.

Here we have (sorry I digress again) 2x Gelato Autos, 1x Gorilla Glue Auto the rest are GSC and you can see the double seeded cup - anyone with advice on that to do here let me know below is another close up. Seperate sooner rather than later? Or leave?

Yeah sub optimal - plus we looked for the missing seed for half an hour.....

These haven't germinated yet, one GG phot and two GSC but the GSC on the right I'm pretty sure is nearly there, I see a hint of green.

All good at the moment it feels like and got a carpenter coming over to price up converting the flower room to a full grow room rather than just a tent.

DeeBeeBee

Looking good man! I like your style adding the c02 from the get go. I added an exhale bag but there seems to be some debate on how effective those are lol, again you've chosen the harder but more effective route :) Crazy how cheap everything is out there too!
I started with those for the Bruce Banners. Not sure the impact. The cyclinder deposit was 60 quid ($70USD) fully returnable. The cost of the C02 is 130THB 3 quid ($3.60USD), the reg was 30 quid, ($36USD) put together with bits and pieces lying around. Seems worth a try at that price.

Ok todays update with a question - someone, anyone give me advice before its too late, then some general stuff and things I learnt today!

I have a pot which no blame attached but it wasn't me :) has two GSC's in and both have sprouted. My inclination is to separate them sooner rather than later before the root systems intertwine - but is just leaving them in some sapphic love scenario OK too? Here they are:

Answers on a postcard!

OK - Co2 Experiment. I managed to I think seal the C02 regulator and the BB's its feeding the one closest to the dispersal jumped up in height to match its older sister - that was a 2" catch up in 48 hours so definitely/maybe doing something. But the Co2 cyclinder jammed closed with from feel about 30% left. I don't trust that reg see below my crappy silicone attempts. Didn't ever feel right. So I've binned it and order one locally from lazada.com (Lazada.com is like a cross between Alibaba and Amazon available in SE Asia. The new one doesn't really cost anymore maybe $5US more but seems like a more reputable seller.

That's in the bin. The seeds/lings are mostly OK a couple a bit dodgy and worry me - 6 days since planting. One below doesn't look too special and one the leaves are still stuck together - that one I've put some cling wrap back over to try and increase the humidity a touch.

There are still the same 3 that haven't germinated yet, they I'll just leave and hope.

Below is a selection of most of the GSC's - just misting them twice a day and scared every time I open the tent, "Don't kill the babies DeeBeeBee" Missus is far more relaxed than me. But she's from farming stock...

Finally the "Training Wheels" - Bruce Banners, one week today into flower. They seem in good health. They've been getting some Cal Mag for the first time last two feeds and are drinking about 2.5L each every 48 hours. Think I might be able to stretch that a bit still.

Its a mixture of joy and fear at the moment, tbh same as when our kid was a similar relative age!

DeeBeeBee

Ok todays update with a question - someone, anyone give me advice before its too late, then some general stuff and things I learnt today!

I have a pot which no blame attached but it wasn't me :) has two GSC's in and both have sprouted. My inclination is to separate them sooner rather than later before the root systems intertwine - but is just leaving them in some sapphic love scenario OK too? Here they are:

Answers on a postcard!
Seperate them asap.
Before the fine roots get tangled.
Run a little water over them to separate them.
Take care.

Stay safe

Last post here for today but one that makes me happy. I haven’t trusted my temps or RH (let alone Co2) at all so far. I’ve lived in Southern Africa - Sub Tropics and now in the Tropics for 20 years. I get cold easy. But I know hot and humidity by feel pretty well. Temp always read high and humidity too low by my estimation. .

I relocated the thermostat which meant the probe could drop down to plant level. 28c’s feels right. Humidity at 66% about right - but critically humidity is easy (probably without the use of the demon “electricity”) to bring down using a tear strip bricks at 50c a pop.

Yay!

DeeBeeBee

Yeah OK one more post and bed!

Have emailed @Mars Hydro because I got thinking about the controller on the thermostat having an extra port. Wondering if I can either daisy chain them or much more interestingly add one of a bunch of spare Raspberry Pii’s to the output data and controls to my network with a basic interface I can access remotely.

Remote access to the controls is the only thing it lacks and a no solder solution looks possible. Just a bit of config (lol - by “a bit “ meaning it will take me days and then I’ll probably call in an IT colleague for help!) its probably an arduno board or similar inside with debian so shouldn’t be rocket science. Dunno.

But if anyone from @Mars Hydro is out there please get in touch!

DeeBeeBee

Back
Top Bottom