DeeBeeBees GSC Photo Grow Q4 2022

Hmm, not the best couple of days for a variety of reasons so lets start with Nicksie, because cute dog pics...

View media item 1884864
When it comes to labs, black for work, yellow for love and brown for crazy. She is that, she bounded up and nearly knocked the C02 cannister over yesterday so that's getting strapped to the wall tomorrow. Speaking of which its still going a week in, sure its making a difference as the Bruce Banners are growing big time, start of Week 4 in flower tomorrow.

What of the GSC's? Hmm, not very happy with them so far. Although bought from @Herbies Seeds they are actually from another farm and the reviews aren't great, that said the ones that did pop weren't treated great, we learnt quite a bit and I'm hoping to get just 4 viable ones out of them at this stage. Pretty poor return but I accept a great deal of responsibility for it not being more like 10. Have some new seeds, different strain on their way and not going to take the early stages for granted in anyway with those.

The new room (I'd call it facility but that's now TM @Bill284) will go in Monday and Tuesday, guys were here this morning for the final chat so that will be nice, its going to help a bunch with temperature/humidity control which Rh particularly rockets overnight no matter what I do.

I don't mind making mistakes but never the same one twice, YLAYL

DeeBeeBee

Hmm, not the best couple of days for a variety of reasons so lets start with Nicksie, because cute dog pics...

View media item 1884864
When it comes to labs, black for work, yellow for love and brown for crazy. She is that, she bounded up and nearly knocked the C02 cannister over yesterday so that's getting strapped to the wall tomorrow. Speaking of which its still going a week in, sure its making a difference as the Bruce Banners are growing big time, start of Week 4 in flower tomorrow.

What of the GSC's? Hmm, not very happy with them so far. Although bought from @Herbies Seeds they are actually from another farm and the reviews aren't great, that said the ones that did pop weren't treated great, we learnt quite a bit and I'm hoping to get just 4 viable ones out of them at this stage. Pretty poor return but I accept a great deal of responsibility for it not being more like 10. Have some new seeds, different strain on their way and not going to take the early stages for granted in anyway with those.

The new room (I'd call it facility but that's now TM @Bill284) will go in Monday and Tuesday, guys were here this morning for the final chat so that will be nice, its going to help a bunch with temperature/humidity control which Rh particularly rockets overnight no matter what I do.

I don't mind making mistakes but never the same one twice, YLAYL

DeeBeeBee
We all learn as we go.:Namaste: I'm sure you'll improve and not make the same errors.
Just get that tank fastened.
A leak could be a disaster. :rolleyes:
Have a great day Amigo. :high-five:

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 :cool:

Totally - the gas is one thing, but it could have broken BeeBee’s arm or leg it fell on her. So stressed it even wobbled. Was right put of the way behind the door as well. But place is marked for its permanent home now and straps ready to fit.

DeeBeeBee

So my new Inkbird Co2 controller arrived today, same day as my last Co2 tank ran out. I went up to the steel shop to be told they were out of the small (normal heavy) size and only had large. The thing is a beast. Had a Lazada (think Amazon) guy help me carry up the stairs. He got a nice tip!

I'm reassessing what value I got from the first one. Its been in for an hour with the reg turned up way higher than I've every had it before AND I've switched off the ventilation rather than just lowering it. The in tent sensor is optical rather than whatever the other ones were so more pro level. I'm now at 917 ppm 60 minutes in. My target is 1200 (its the out of the box setting, when I program it later might put it to 1300 but anything else is just a waste. Photo from earlier:

Literally plug in and play. But I've ramped up the "bubbler" and switched off the inline so those figures 34 and 80% would normally be 30c and 55-60% this time of day from the @Mars Hydro sensor. I just want to get to 1200ppm and check the sensor switches off. Before I was running the inline at say setting 3 and pumping 4-5 bubbles a second. Now its much more. To understand what I mean about "bubbles" there's a picture of my current and pos regulator. There are two types.

I like the visual of seeing the bubbles and adjusting accordingly. A Canadian guy that has a video of the timer setup for the same Inkbird uses the same type. The dodgy "Pamela Andersoned" reg type gives you a flow rate allegedly but not sure what value it is other when you have a controller anyway. Maybe I could speculate on when the tank needs replacing, but this one from reading, watching videos I'm led to believe should give 3-4 weeks. Before I was switching the reg on/ off every 1.5 hours - I'm hoping that running this it will take an hour to build up to the 1200 and then just top up through the day. I can set it to switch on say 30 minutes before the lights in the morning and then it will just "sip" (pun not intended!) more as required.

See how we go,

DBB

Yay! I got this nearly dialed in. I watched the linked video last week and he has pretty much exactly the same setup as me, only difference is tent size. I've been literally dialling it in but haven't set the thresholds yet on the controller and I'm nearly there after a couple hours of watching and adjusting. I want to get the lower boundary to 1100, seems like its at 900 now but then it will be sweet! Its a great video if you're thinking of getting one of these. About $150 and seems solidly made.

DBB

Yay! I got this nearly dialed in. I watched the linked video last week and he has pretty much exactly the same setup as me, only difference is tent size. I've been literally dialling it in but haven't set the thresholds yet on the controller and I'm nearly there after a couple hours of watching and adjusting. I want to get the lower boundary to 1100, seems like its at 900 now but then it will be sweet! Its a great video if you're thinking of getting one of these. About $150 and seems solidly made.

DBB
Oh nice didn't know Inkbird made these for c02, I use there temp controller and the humidity one, they are boss!

Oh nice didn't know Inkbird made these for c02, I use there temp controller and the humidity one, they are boss!
I got a free Inkbird Wifi Temp/Humidity sensor with it the IBS-TH3-WIFI. All for a hundred bucks. Well pleased with it all. Solid stuff - they boss, you know dat bruv 😂

Ok - until 10 minutes ago I was still totally in love with the Co2 controller, think I still am but the same time yesterday it crashed down to ~800 ppm and just wouldn't climb until I reset it and added more water to the "bubbler" its been perfect all day until sunset to wonder if its climate connected - its just after sunset here.

The Bruce Banners looking great - EC is way high at 4.0, Ph 6.0 and PPM 2100 also way higher than I want but the leaves and buds looking fine in my amateur eyes. I know that I can get away with a bit more with the Co2 but they're drinking 3.5L a day now before I get run off from the coco. They just got plain old water yesterday as was even higher, and my body hurt from carrying the monster Co2 tank up the stairs with the delivery guy, bit lazy, not helped by getting slapped in the face by some heavy indica - I'm such a lighweight!

The GSC's are looking better after some repotting and TLC, yellowing near gone, as I said in the SIP thread I'm going to do 2 in SIP to see how it goes, but I'm wary as from the moment the BB's went in Coco its just been easy. I'll snap a pic of them tomorrow if BeeBee lets me in. If it ain't broke then don't try to fix it, right? Will be starting another journal soon, maybe, (yeah Dee don't break the internet along with the 420 site!) or just carry on here, not sure. Have some new seeds coming and some new tools for sprouting them next week when the permanent room goes in - if I don't carry on growing then the house has a walk in wine cellar/cigar humidor which is add value, right? :D On the seeds I bought from @Herbies Seeds and def not their issue - the farm that supplied them I subsequently found out doesn't have a great rep, plus I made mistakes too. Not even mentioning it to Herbies there was an issue, just one of those things, impossible to apportion blame, other than it wasn't Herbie's fault, unlike the car that was a pain!

New build all paid for now, another light on its way and nearly there. Feeling quite chilled for the first time in two weeks as work has been a hassle.

I only have a couple of hours to work this weekend which is an awesome result, now where's that Blackberry and my papers....

DBB

Ok - until 10 minutes ago I was still totally in love with the Co2 controller, think I still am but the same time yesterday it crashed down to ~800 ppm and just wouldn't climb until I reset it and added more water to the "bubbler" its been perfect all day until sunset to wonder if its climate connected - its just after sunset here.

The Bruce Banners looking great - EC is way high at 4.0, Ph 6.0 and PPM 2100 also way higher than I want but the leaves and buds looking fine in my amateur eyes. I know that I can get away with a bit more with the Co2 but they're drinking 3.5L a day now before I get run off from the coco. They just got plain old water yesterday as was even higher, and my body hurt from carrying the monster Co2 tank up the stairs with the delivery guy, bit lazy, not helped by getting slapped in the face by some heavy indica - I'm such a lighweight!

The GSC's are looking better after some repotting and TLC, yellowing near gone, as I said in the SIP thread I'm going to do 2 in SIP to see how it goes, but I'm wary as from the moment the BB's went in Coco its just been easy. I'll snap a pic of them tomorrow if BeeBee lets me in. If it ain't broke then don't try to fix it, right? Will be starting another journal soon, maybe, (yeah Dee don't break the internet along with the 420 site!) or just carry on here, not sure. Have some new seeds coming and some new tools for sprouting them next week when the permanent room goes in - if I don't carry on growing then the house has a walk in wine cellar/cigar humidor which is add value, right? :D On the seeds I bought from @Herbies Seeds and def not their issue - the farm that supplied them I subsequently found out doesn't have a great rep, plus I made mistakes too. Not even mentioning it to Herbies there was an issue, just one of those things, impossible to apportion blame, other than it wasn't Herbie's fault, unlike the car that was a pain!

New build all paid for now, another light on its way and nearly there. Feeling quite chilled for the first time in two weeks as work has been a hassle.

I only have a couple of hours to work this weekend which is an awesome result, now where's that Blackberry and my papers....

DBB
That tank must have weighed a ton.
I have one step up to the grow room, thankfully.
And the house has everything I need on one level no steps. Including the sauna. :thumb:
It's important to us old fellas. :rofl:
Co2 Humidor? Hehe.
Hope your weekend goes well Amigo.
Take care.

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 :cool:

BeeBee dragged me out to a bar to play pool for the first time in weeks. I’m still monged from the smoke last night. All these pretty girls with assassin's eyes playing top end pool and all I want to be at home with my book! Car come in 90 minutes. Hard knock life 😂

@Scottylikesbud - I saw your like of Angus. Any experience of Bruce Banner? I met a guy here a few years back from Alaska. He worked the supply boats for “Deadliest Catch” TV show. He got busted here with 8g of weed before legalisation. Jail for 3 weeks then got bail but as often happens here he then overstayed his visa waiting for the court date. Had no money and so when he raised it for the fine they sent him back to jail to be deported. Nightmare he was such a nice guy.
DBB

That’s one shocking story,
I do like how the angus is growing :thumb:
At first I was like what’s an an-Gus ?:laughtwo:
And then I laughed at how baked I am misreading angus.:bongrip:
I’ve never tried growing Bruce banner but my friend did and that bud was fire(amewsome bud)

That’s one shocking story,
I do like how the angus is growing :thumb:
At first I was like what’s an an-Gus ?:laughtwo:
And then I laughed at how baked I am misreading angus.:bongrip:
I’ve never tried growing Bruce banner but my friend did and that bud was fire(amewsome bud)
Angus is the name of my lawyer 😂
Actually the story got worse. The guy arrested here died back in Washington State after. Messaged with his Mum and quite possibly suicide by fire on his boat while it was laid up on the hard. Awful, awful thing. He was such a gentle guy.

Yay happy daze!

We have indeed brought some of the GSC girls back to life!

They may not look great now but trust me they are much much better than 2-3 days ago! Yellowing is disappearing and they just look so much better! Makes my heart glad! Far off perfect but you shoulda seen them!

The Bruce Banners are literally off the charts - EC is 4.8, PPM 2400 Ph is OK at 5.8 and 6. All way high and they had a water only day and then a low nute solution day yesterday. But they seem mega healthy and growing out every day. No bad indications in the leaves or buds I can see? Properly delivered Co2 I’m sure skews the acceptable numbers up but dunno? Am I heading for a lockout?

Please jump in with any thoughts you have - winding down the grow as my day to day job just got a bit more serious but a deal I made means I can finish these off.

DBB

Because its Saturday meet my cute cat, he’s a boy but my wife thinks since we had him neutered he’s turned ladyboy - the name for transexuals/or “the third gender” in Thailand 😂

He graces us with his presence a few nights a week, normally a good indication its about to rain and the mouse/snake/bird population is depleted and he wants food provided. He’s very cool and mostly self sufficient - although wow is he noisy at 6:30am when he wants to get out of the bedroom. Strangely my wife lies sphinx like and unable to get out of bed to open the door, yet I so much as roll over and she’s on me for waking her up!

Happy weekend everyone

Hope all is well in your world.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom