Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

re: Doc Bud - High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Here's another update. Grape Ape maybe 10 days from harvest. She got her last drench today (All Growth Energy) and will get one more foliar feeding tomorrow or the next day. The harvest and final product look to be in the "unusually good" category.

Picture_01999.jpg

Picture_018108.jpg

Picture_017102.jpg

Picture_016101.jpg

Picture_015129.jpg

Picture_005244.jpg

Picture_004255.jpg

Picture_003262.jpg

Picture_002261.jpg

Lemon Paki looking great, despite a bit of claw from using too much rescue soil.

Picture_014144.jpg

Picture_013144.jpg

Picture_012160.jpg

Picture_011163.jpg

Picture_008182.jpg

Picture_007205.jpg

Champagne looking perfect.

Picture_009185.jpg

Picture_010179.jpg

Doc, Gorgeous!

What will be used as the last foliar feeding?
Would shocking the Grape Ape with some cold air(A/C) make it go coocoo for..uh, get more purple? :)

The last foliar will be Brix for sure. I think I sprayed De Stress like twice on that plant.

Cool temps will inhibit P uptake, which will cause some purple....but it will also lower brix. I'd rather keep everything way up there and hope for something magical. I haven't taken a recent reading but will in a week. I'm hoping for higher than 17.

I'll take my ten lashings for transplanting a lady 5 weeks into flower now. But, she handled it just fine and the funny thing is that in HB soil she was root bound in the 7g pot whereas the last grow when I harvested her she hadn't even filled the pot and ripped out of the soil easily - this transplant was crazy easy, slid right out into her new 30g home treated with roots and transplant with no issues.

I'll take my ten lashings for transplanting a lady 5 weeks into flower now. But, she handled it just fine and the funny thing is that in HB soil she was root bound in the 7g pot whereas the last grow when I harvested her she hadn't even filled the pot and ripped out of the soil easily - this transplant was crazy easy, slid right out into her new 30g home treated with roots and transplant with no issues.

If you have good roots there's no reason you can't transplant like that. You're doing something right if you have roots like that, especially if their super fine root hairs.

Thats the hardest thing to do for me.....let the kit be do and have as instructed. :)

Doc, your guess is a good one. My buddy who gave me seeds this time last year, had dropped his make shift storage container..looked like a tackle box, all the seeds of 6 strains got jumbled.
I never grew herb before this year. While starting to learn how to grow, bought some seeds I definitely knew the name of. :)
My first grow was soil with nutes and rakes! :)
Second grow was with mineralized soil, third grow is this one, with your kit-first time with 100% HB. I saved my buddy's seeds for The Kit. I grew some autos w the HB Kit- excellent!!. Vegetables and other herbs that were grown in HB soil were incredible this summer. Im in process of making my own auto seeds currently using Toker69's technique
I have the big plant, pic above, in a 15 gal fabric pot. Still have a couple of autos finishing, 4 smaller unknowns (same friend's seeds) in 5-7 gal pots flowering nicely, and just transplanted 2 clones (of which for first time cloning, 13/14 rooted! - used Cursos technique- but w a dusting of the new Roots!) -the roots on the rapid rooters have to be clipped every 3-4 days. Many are the fuzzy cuddly roots too :)
I have acquired some nice landrace seeds and will start some in coming weeks. I hadnt planned properly of space- thought males and no grows might occur..(proper planning prevents piss poor performance)...I went nuts with this hobby turning into awesome lifestyle! So, not much room in tent.

Hey DocBud,

I joined just to read your entire high brix thread. Quite impressive. I was hoping to buy a kit from you but lack the posts to directly message you. Would you mind sending me a PM with the details of the kit?

CapnDaft

Thats the hardest thing to do for me.....let the kit be do and have as instructed. :)

Doc, your guess is a good one. My buddy who gave me seeds this time last year, had dropped his make shift storage container..looked like a tackle box, all the seeds of 6 strains got jumbled.
I never grew herb before this year. While starting to learn how to grow, bought some seeds I definitely knew the name of. :)
My first grow was soil with nutes and rakes! :)
Second grow was with mineralized soil, third grow is this one, with your kit-first time with 100% HB. I saved my buddy's seeds for The Kit. I grew some autos w the HB Kit- excellent!!. Vegetables and other herbs that were grown in HB soil were incredible this summer. Im in process of making my own auto seeds currently using Toker69's technique
I have the big plant, pic above, in a 15 gal fabric pot. Still have a couple of autos finishing, 4 smaller unknowns (same friend's seeds) in 5-7 gal pots flowering nicely, and just transplanted 2 clones (of which for first time cloning, 13/14 rooted! - used Cursos technique- but w a dusting of the new Roots!) -the roots on the rapid rooters have to be clipped every 3-4 days. Many are the fuzzy cuddly roots too :)
I have acquired some nice landrace seeds and will start some in coming weeks. I hadnt planned properly of space- thought males and no grows might occur..(proper planning prevents piss poor performance)...I went nuts with this hobby turning into awesome lifestyle! So, not much room in tent.

Thanks for the Credit bro, however credit goes to Doc. He's the one that mentioned it a really long time ago. Just one of the many things that has stuck with me. It makes for some big plants :)

Doc here is a photo of the problem I am having.

now that I think of it, they were very healthy green til after the cat drench
That's when things started looking strange.

50% of the leaf on the UnderdawgOG and Ultrasour were like in the photo.
About 25% of the Vanilla kush
and about 10% of the Dinachem are like that, but the others are all yellow, not damaged looking, just pale green to gold.

On a good note trichomes are forming nice on the core of the buds.

now at 7.5 wks,

G19_bad_leaf.jpg

Doc here is a photo of the problem I am having.

now that I think of it, they were very healthy green til after the cat drench
That's when things started looking strange.

50% of the leaf on the UnderdawgOG and Ultrasour were like in the photo.
About 25% of the Vanilla kush
and about 10% of the Dinachem are like that, but the others are all yellow, not damaged looking, just pale green to gold.

On a good note trichomes are forming nice on the core of the buds.

now at 7.5 wks,

G19_bad_leaf.jpg

Definitely some problems with the roots bro. The Cat Drench doesn't hurt plants, but it could do some strange stuff if allowed to bloom in standing water. I think maybe those pots you're using aren't the best.

Ya we have decided to go back to the fabric pots.

These new ones are very tight in the room, not much room for adjusting the plants.

I mainly grow in Coco now. When I used to grow outdoors it was in an organic mix.

The question I had was when you guys say "Doc Bud's High Brix Kit". Do you mean just his soil recipe, or does he sell custom products to go along with his basic soil plan. The word "Kit" is throwing me off.

I mainly grow in Coco now. When I used to grow outdoors it was in an organic mix.

The question I had was when you guys say "Doc Bud's High Brix Kit". Do you mean just his soil recipe, or does he sell custom products to go along with his basic soil plan. The word "Kit" is throwing me off.

I provide the products I use in "kit" form and also in bulk form. It's on a "friend's only" basis so-to-speak. I don't advertise at all, just this thread. :420:

Sales are not discussed on this forum. I'd be glad to send you an email link in a PM if you're interested.

Back
Top Bottom