Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

re: Doc Bud - High Brix Q&A With Pictures

You've got a nice recipe there. What's your base soil? If only peat, I'd add some forest humus to that and definitely some Azomite.

Use 1/4 cup per 5 gallons of soil. If you can top dress it and water it in 2 or 3 times before you plant, that would be OK. You really should give the minerals time to do their thing in the soil. 2 weeks in the pots, watered is OK Cooking the soil is preferable, of course.

Definitely use a root innoculate like Extreme's Mykos or BioVam. The latter comes with Nature's Own tea....same folks.

I highly recommend the Nature's own for a grow like yours. You'll be very happy using it sparingly. It's damn strong stuff.

Thanks for the advise doc.

I have been out today and got and nice organic potting soil to mix with the peat and I already have some seer rock dust that ag labs reccomened for my outdoor grow, and some biovam from natures own kit.

I wish I had time to cook the soil but unfortunately not but I will defently water it through while the babies are in smaller pots.

How often would would you reccomened using natures own would once a week be fine, I think I used a tea spoon per gallon before then diluted it with 5 galons.
Would you reccomened weaker maybe.

Thanks again
Smooth

Thanks for the advise doc.

I have been out today and got and nice organic potting soil to mix with the peat and I already have some seer rock dust that ag labs reccomened for my outdoor grow, and some biovam from natures own kit.

I wish I had time to cook the soil but unfortunately not but I will defently water it through while the babies are in smaller pots.

How often would would you reccomened using natures own would once a week be fine, I think I used a tea spoon per gallon before then diluted it with 5 galons.
Would you reccomened weaker maybe.

Thanks again
Smooth

Nature's Own requires 24 hours in an aerated bucket. 1/4 cup of Nature's Own per gallon of water.
I dilute it 20-1 when I use it......and once a week might be a tad excessive if the soil is good.

Here are some pics of several of the plants that are still surviving in the garden. Harvest in 1-2 weeks for the ugly ones. 10 weeks or so for the pretty ones with thin leaves.

This is the earliest I've had frosting on the Lemon Thai. Cationic drench baby!

Picture_001193.jpg
Picture_002190.jpg
Picture_003191.jpg
Picture_004186.jpg
Picture_005175.jpg
Picture_006162.jpg
Picture_007145.jpg
Picture_008133.jpg
Picture_010129.jpg
Picture_011116.jpg
Picture_012116.jpg
Picture_013106.jpg
Picture_014107.jpg
Picture_01592.jpg
Picture_01979.jpg
Picture_02077.jpg
Picture_02170.jpg
Picture_02358.jpg
Picture_02460.jpg
Picture_02752.jpg
Picture_03050.jpg
Picture_03149.jpg
Picture_03250.jpg
Picture_03352.jpg

Nature's Own requires 24 hours in an aerated bucket. 1/4 cup of Nature's Own per gallon of water.
I dilute it 20-1 when I use it......and once a week might be a tad excessive if the soil is good.

Thanks I will probably drench them every two weeks as I've also brought a product that I havnt seen before called probio it's made by a company called evoponic here's what they say :

ProBio is a cocktail of 38 different bacteria and fungi that were scientifically selected for plant beneficial attributes. Proprietary microbial cultures were selected for the ability to:
1. Release nutrients for plant uptake;
2. Outcompete plant pathogens for nutrients
3. Displace pathogens by niche occupation;
4. Produce pathogen inhibitory compounds

This is mixed with water and doesn't have to be brewed so I think it might work well with oc+ method might add some molasses, and away we go

Thanks again
smooth

Thanks again I will probably drench them every to weeks as I've also brought a product that I havnt seen before called probio it's made by a company called evopohnic and contains something like 35 strains of bacteria and fungi and is mixed with water so I will use this and molasses the rest of the time I think.

Thanks smooth

Please don't use mollasses. It's like being coach of a football team and making the players eat only fast food and sugary junk.

Brew your tea with minerals and maybe some alfalfa, or a light dose of guano.

Also, keep in mind that not all species of fungus and bacteria get along.

Ok doc thanks for that my saving grace again.

I will give the molasses to the flower bed then might still give the probio a shot maybe half strength and see what happens or I could try in on one or two and leave the rest.

I also have a bit of kelp meal , calcified seaweed and pelletized chicken poop could these be of any use?
Thanks again
Smooth

Ok doc thanks for that my saving grace again.

I will give the molasses to the flower bed then might still give the probio a shot maybe half strength and see what happens or I could try in on one or two and leave the rest.

I also have a bit of kelp meal , calcified seaweed and pelletized chicken poop could these be of any use?
Thanks again
Smooth

Yes! please brew the tea using the seaweed and kelp meal. The chicken manure as a fantastic fert, as long as it is composted chicken manure.

Hey Doc, looking good in your garden sir, was wondering if you have an opinion on making teas in a DIY vortex style brewer? Some folks are under the assumption that the tea cant be kept alive more than tree days? Im a newbie and dont know. I was thinking if you had the whirlpool going and kept the bennies well fed that they will thrive as long as you care for them? I wanted your opinion, if you have the time sir.
Thanks and reps for your time, A+ info your posting, thank you

Hey Doc, looking good in your garden sir, was wondering if you have an opinion on making teas in a DIY vortex style brewer? Some folks are under the assumption that the tea cant be kept alive more than tree days? Im a newbie and dont know. I was thinking if you had the whirlpool going and kept the bennies well fed that they will thrive as long as you care for them? I wanted your opinion, if you have the time sir.
Thanks and reps for your time, A+ info your posting, thank you

It's actually pretty easy to "bruise" a tea. By that, I mean literally beating the little critters to death, and keeping them away from their food. This might happen if you ran a powerful impeller pump in the tea brewing vessel. So, I'm not sure what your DIY set up is, but it needs to be gentle.

I don't know about keeping the tea alive, etc. When I used to make it you sometimes didn't want it alive much longer, it would foam up like crazy.

As for feeding them....why not just let them loose in the soil? What would be the point of keeping them alive in a liquid for an extended period of time?

You would be better off putting them in a breathable plastic bag and refrigerating. They'd probably stay alive for a week to ten days that way.

I won't be using a water pump but lifting the water via an air lift pump and then have it enter the tank above and at an angle, that way i can create the whirlpool. I was wanting to have a system that i could continually have tea brewing so i could have it available thru the entire plants life. Also so i dont have to start and stop brewing teas in five gallon buckets and air stones. What I need to do is look into other ways of amending soils and soilless mixes all in an attempt to get those high brix numbers:), this is an awesome thread doc and i think if i study it to the point i can give it a try i might be doing my feedings totally different than now?
Thank you sir

Yes! please brew the tea using the seaweed and kelp meal. The chicken manure as a fantastic fert, as long as it is composted chicken manure.

Ok that's good as I already have these. I've done a bit of research on making teas, do u have any tips as I am new to using teas.
Your plants are looking amazing as usual wish I had time to set up a high brix grow

Smooth

Ok that's good as I already have these. I've done a bit of research on making teas, do u have any tips as I am new to using teas.
Your plants are looking amazing as usual wish I had time to set up a high brix grow

Smooth

You would spend much less time using one of my kits than brewing all that tea.

But growing organic style is super fun. I used to do it and I still love it. So if you're going to do it let's do it right.

Use good water, make sure the water temp is like 78 degrees or so....not cold or too hot, although hot is better than cold.

Let the microbes get used to eating the stuff that's in your soil, not sugar. That means add some minerals to the tea brew.

Let me know when you start your journal and I'll stop over and check it out.

image1677.jpg

I finished veg on Friday and put five into the flower room. This is one shot of the Sour Lifesaver as it moved over. So far everything is doing really well. I will do a full journal around end of July/beginning of August once the plants are done and I can try them. I'm doing five tried and true strains so I can make an informed decision on high brix. I was doing a sixth (Girl Scout Cookie) but Harborside did that cutting and it started really slow compared to my cuttings so it is still in veg and won't make this report. The other four plants are Sour Strawberry Kush, Blue Kush, Green Ribbon and Purple Kush.

I'm going to be honest here Docbud, good, bad and ugly. The veg went very well and so far I'm stoked about this. I will check back in this summer with a link to my journal about my first high brix grow!

You would spend much less time using one of my kits than brewing all that tea.

But growing organic style is super fun. I used to do it and I still love it. So if you're going to do it let's do it right.

Use good water, make sure the water temp is like 78 degrees or so....not cold or too hot, although hot is better than cold.

Let the microbes get used to eating the stuff that's in your soil, not sugar. That means add some minerals to the tea brew.

Let me know when you start your journal and I'll stop over and check it out.

High brix is my ultimate destination as it is obviously yours and in my opinion Shuld be everybody's, I have contacted you in the past about a kit but with my current time restraints and shipping times ect. I need a good solid stepping stone.

Thanks for the advice I hadn't thought of setting up a journal but getting a grower of your quality checking in on me would be a good reason.

I am also questioning 12/12 as I am only using 600w and didn't know it was recommend to have 1000w do you think I would be better with a veg time

Thanks
Smooth

High brix is my ultimate destination as it is obviously yours and in my opinion Shuld be everybody's, I have contacted you in the past about a kit but with my current time restraints and shipping times ect. I need a good solid stepping stone.

Thanks for the advice I hadn't thought of setting up a journal but getting a grower of your quality checking in on me would be a good reason.

I am also questioning 12/12 as I am only using 600w and didn't know it was recommend to have 1000w do you think I would be better with a veg time

Thanks
Smooth

Many strains do well growing 12/12 from seed. Exceptions are slow growing strains like Purple urkel and something like SFV OG, which requires some veg if you want production.

Doc. I was wondering if you had tested brix from actual buds? If you had was there any difference between using the fan leaves. I was thinking of the parallel between wine grapes and weed. Wine growers test the grapes not the leaves. I guess what I was wondering was if the brix would be higher in a maturing bud?

Back
Top Bottom