Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Ya ,that's about it eh Doc....If you want male plants don't buy fem. seeds.I grow with them exclusive cuz of there obvious advantage over regular seeds. Growers with only limited space and or resources simply will choose fem seeds. I know myself...was so glad when they started to hit the market yrs. ago. It's also nice that if you want reg. seeds, they are ,for the most part ,still available for growers who wanna make seeds ,etc. For me to grow ....say five plants with all the soil,pots,lighting.space ,extra work, etc. ,just to find out after growing them and sexing them, that only one maybe two are female. All that time energy etc. ...No thanks,i'l stick to fems for my needs. Have a great night "gang" and great topic btw!:reading420magazine:

This is where I am too. I don't yet have the luxury to have maybe 4 of 6 turn out male on the round I didn't want to breed anything and needed/expected to have a 6-plant harvest. I've bought regular seeds lately though, so maybe that evolution is already occurring sub-consciously. hmmm

:cool:

I try to avoid femmed seeds whenever possible. I don't like them one bit.

I haven't done 11/13 from seed yet....dying to try it!

My next batch of seeds, which are local inbred (colombian landrace hybrids from a friend called "Sweet Valentine´s), are going 11/13 from seed. I will start them in new years eve :)

My next batch of seeds, which are local inbred (colombian landrace hybrids from a friend called "Sweet Valentine´s), are going 11/13 from seed. I will start them in new years eve :)

Fantastic! I've got something similar that I need to start, but I don't know if I'll be able to do that soon. Potentially I have a lot going on in the grow room and may have to put off any new strains for a bit. The current line up is rather popular.

Regular seeds allow me to keep the genetics alive. Femmed seeds do not.

Simple as that.

And these genetics really express themselves in 11/13... give them a proper HB soil and you will get the hidden phenos, which are the closest to the real exotics landrace´s. :high-five: I hope I will be able to breed the local ones found here one day, if I become a better grower.

Fantastic! I've got something similar that I need to start, but I don't know if I'll be able to do that soon. Potentially I have a lot going on in the grow room and may have to put off any new strains for a bit. The current line up is rather popular.

The 12/12 from seed was such a succed, I also began to start looking at some DJ Shorts interviews, posts and stuff. The fact that your flower room is such a beauty in 11/13 also convinced me to start :)

I despise non fem seeds. I too don't have the room or plant limit to mess with a bunch of males. Unfortunately my fav breader only has non fem seeds . At this point though it's gonna have to be a super strain, now that I have a couple moms and my med strain going I won't be bothering with them anymore.

Gonna start a super lemon haze thulis weekend and try growing it on 12/12 from about a month after germ.

Edit I should say I despise the lack of the option to go with fem. I have no problem with normal seeds just doesn't work well with my setup and laws.

Ya ,that's about it eh Doc....If you want male plants don't buy fem. seeds.I grow with them exclusive cuz of there obvious advantage over regular seeds. Growers with only limited space and or resources simply will choose fem seeds. I know myself...was so glad when they started to hit the market yrs. ago. It's also nice that if you want reg. seeds, they are ,for the most part ,still available for growers who wanna make seeds ,etc. For me to grow ....say five plants with all the soil,pots,lighting.space ,extra work, etc. ,just to find out after growing them and sexing them, that only one maybe two are female. All that time energy etc. ...No thanks,i'l stick to fems for my needs. Have a great night "gang" and great topic btw!:reading420magazine:

Hello Duggan, there are needs and desires for Sensible growers, like hey if you have the room and time to grow longer times ........... Brave away, and the koncept of gaining seeds for future genetics theory not that Bad but sometimes it just happens anyway.
Good 1, B.D.

Is there no difference between loose mix cubic feet and compressed cubic feet? I have heard 3.8 of compressed cubic feet equals around 7 cubic feet of loose mix. Smaller bags are 2.2 cubic feet loose mix and large bales are 3.8 cubic feet compressed. Can someone clear this up?

:volcano-smiley:

Scrubby;2325818]Think a ton of feathers and a ton of bricks[/QUOTE]

We're not going by weight we are going by cubic feet, which is mass. Different densities of a substance within a certain mass will equal different weights.

Hey Doc, pro mix HP is only available in 2.2 cu ft here will the extra pro mix (2 bales of 2.2 cu ft) require longer cook time or more amendment?

it will take about three of the 2.2 cubic feet loose mix bags to equal one of Doc buds recommended 3.8 cubic feet of compressed ProMix. if you just use two bales your soul will will be hotter normal. trust me I have investigated and have looked into this extensively. I posted the earlier post just to see the responses I would get. Lol ask the pro mix people and see what they say.:Namaste:

it will take about three of the 2.2 cubic feet loose mix bags to equal one of Doc buds recommended 3.8 cubic feet of compressed ProMix. if you just use two bales your soul will will be hotter normal. trust me I have investigated and have looked into this extensively. I posted the earlier post just to see the responses I would get. Lol ask the pro mix people and see what they say.:Namaste:

I didn't realize the 2.2 bales weren't compressed. If this is the case you are 100% correct. Thanks for this!

Scrubby;2325818]Think a ton of feathers and a ton of bricks

We're not going by weight we are going by cubic feet, which is mass. Different densities of a substance within a certain mass will equal different weights.[/QUOTE]

Duh! How would you think theres no difference between a compressed bale and a non-compressed bale?
You posted that to get a reaction?! Its people like you that keep me from being more active on this site

Doc, 2 questions

I noticed what I thought might have been some sort of fuzz or mold on the out side of my fabric bags.
Upon closer examination with a loupe, I am leaning more towards some salt residue. It appears more like it is almost painted on or embedded in the fabric.

Question is if it is salts, is this normal in a supersoil (3rd run used) to leach out some salts, or could it be from the water?

you mentioned in a post about seeds not to use any sort of domes when sowing seeds.
I noticed I have a better success rate when I place a clear plastic cup over the seed till it cracks out of the dirt.

Why don't you like the dome type method?

If you don't mind a third question;
I am starting 4 clones in rockwool cubes for a hydro grower friend.
Is it ok to spray them with some destress?

Hey Doc, can you tell me what the deal is with this leaf? The plant is 3 weeks old and has only gotten 1 transplant the feed and 1 watering
20141214_104643.jpg
20141214_104633.jpg

Back
Top Bottom