Doozy's 2300W LED - 5x5 - Dinafem Seeds - 1st Grow

First plant defol done, hopefully the next one will be a bit quicker!!

P1150597.JPG

P1150599.JPG

Looks like a right bloody mess!! Haha :)

Plants 4 & 5, heaviest defol so far on 4, but the fan leaves around where i've topped were so big they really had to be removed, leaving only the two tiny little leaf shoots coming through on the top of some branches. Hopefully this will be fine, the plant is very sturdy so we'll wait and see. Little no.5 took a defol because i thought what the hell, he might be a little small but he's always been a bit of a test plant so there's nothing to lose.

P1150613.JPG

P1150614.JPG

No.5

P1150612.JPG

Isn't one of the reason the plant is short and wide because the light is close or very intense?
Correct me if I'm wrong. also, subbed :goodjob:

ps. that's an awesome looking grow room, I'm jealous! I'm a few weeks behind you in a budget LED grow tent DWC setup, growing 5 plants as well. Lets compare results after finished :)

In a week to 10 days, prepare to be amazed:)

Hope so mate, i've got no issues with vegging for at least another 3 weeks so it's all good.

Isn't one of the reason the plant is short and wide because the light is close or very intense?
Correct me if I'm wrong. also, subbed :goodjob:

ps. that's an awesome looking grow room, I'm jealous! I'm a few weeks behind you in a budget LED grow tent DWC setup, growing 5 plants as well. Lets compare results after finished :)

You are right to an extent, which is one of the reasons i've done a defol, realistically these plants are a little bit short for scrog HOWEVER as a general rule you want short stocky plants, couple that with the fact that vertical space is a big issue with 5w diode LEDs, and the fact that this particular strain can double in size when flipped, and actually the plants aren't far from where i want them to be. Hopefully after they recover from the defol they'll be pretty much perfect, and not far from the flip.

Good luck with your grow and if you need any help with your setup, DIY stuff or whatever, let me know, hopefully we'll both get some good results.

You went staitup honey badger on the last two lol.
Skunnys right execpt in hydro maybe 7 days till amazment.

I know right.....the issue with no.4 was that the leaves at the tops were so big, and they were covering leaves that were so small, so i was faced with leaving the big leaves (which kinda defeats the object) or total defol and they would literally look bald! I went for the latter obviously!

atta boy doozy,you showed them girls who is boss

:thumb:

Sorry chaps, i've been a bit busy in the past week or so, and nothing has really happened other than growth! I took this picture a few days ago of one of the ladies before the second defol, i'll get some more pics together over the next couple of days and get a decent report together.

Res change tomorrow.

Slight over nutrient issue, wasn't showing in the leaves at all but rising EC and lowering Ph meant i added 3 litres of fresh water to each res. Seems to have done the trick. EC currently at 1.4-1.5. Ph fairly stable at 5.7-5.9

I think 2 weeks more veg after the last and final defol, then it's flip and wait for a bit of height. I'm going to wait and see if a scrog in it's purest form is even needed, although even if i don't use it to train i may still us it for support. Apparently this strain doubles in size during flower so i'll wait and see what happens.

P1150629.JPG

P1150635.JPG

P1150637.JPG

And a picture of a small section of the roots. Because of the way in which these res's are designed it's hard to get the camera lens in, but when i do a res change i'll get some better pics of the entire root zone. :)

P1150639.JPG

Cheers :)

Back
Top Bottom