Doozy's 2300W LED - 5x5 - Dinafem Seeds - 1st Grow

Hi all,

The ladies look to me like they are ready for the SCROG screen, and i'm likely to flip fairly soon too....is there any reason not to flip at the same time as introducing the SCROG? I'm thinking the stretch will help to fill it.

Also, do i flush for 24 hours before flower....what sort of nute schedule do i start with in flower? Any links or advice would be much appreciated :)

P1150704.JPG

Looking god buddy. The decision on the screen is your call mate, everyone uses scrog screens differently. It also depends on how much stretch you get as to whether it will be of any use. As for nutes, I don't flush mine. I give them 50/50 grow & bloom the 1st week with some root booster & then full bloom nutes from the 2nd week onwards :)

Looking amazing Doozy. I must ask though what is the purpose of all the training trying to keep them so low? Why not just let me them grow 12 inches and start training a SCROG with less hassle and the same or more final weight?

Awesome looking grow! Keep up the good work.

good updates doozy

3.5 inches ABOVE hydroton??? jesus man,you may have a world record on yer hands--shortest plant biggest yield

i hope ya bust the lbs mark

how are the roots looking now??everything holding good??great show man

Looking amazing Doozy. I must ask though what is the purpose of all the training trying to keep them so low? Why not just let me them grow 12 inches and start training a SCROG with less hassle and the same or more final weight?

Awesome looking grow! Keep up the good work.

Vertical height is an issue with 5w LEDs, it really is that simple, that's why i've kept them low....but the more i think about it, why not? If you can get the same yield off a 10cm plant as another person can from a 3ft plant...

But that's just my humble opinion. :)

Hi all,

The ladies look to me like they are ready for the SCROG screen, and i'm likely to flip fairly soon too....is there any reason not to flip at the same time as introducing the SCROG? I'm thinking the stretch will help to fill it.

Also, do i flush for 24 hours before flower....what sort of nute schedule do i start with in flower? Any links or advice would be much appreciated :)

P1150704.JPG

Usually a ScrOG screen is placed 12" above the plant pot to allow sufficient space for airflow and allow defoliation below the ScrOG screen. You should allow the plants to fill your ScrOG screen at least 60% before switching to flower and then continue to train the branches through the ScrOG screen during the stretch phase of flower. When you switch to flower you should also transition your nutrients to flowering nutrients by lowering the nitrogen and increasing the amount of phosphorous and potassium available to the plants in flower. You do not need to flush your plants before switching your plants to flower.

Here is an example of the General Hydroponics Flora series nutrients feed schedule

Flora Series Recirculating (Expert & Simple)

Flora Series Drain to Waste (Expert & Simple)

Here is the BioBizz nutrient feed schedule

biobizz_grow_chart1.jpg

Here is the FoxFarm nutrient feed schedule

Foxfarm_Soil_Systems_Feeding_Schedule.jpeg

Foxfarm_Hydroponic_Feeding_schedule.jpg

Thanks for the info KingJohnC, much appreciated as always :)

I'm just waiting on a bottle of Buddhas Tree Flower Boost before i flip as i have the rest of the range so thought i might as well get that too. It'll be arriving on Tuesday so latest end of next week will be the flip. Here are a few pics of the screen filling out -

P1150731.JPG

P1150734.JPG

P1150741.JPG

I think i pushed the nutes a bit hard on the last res change, but i didn't actually see any discolouration so maybe not. Anyway, they seem happy enough.....starting to get pretty stinky though so i may have to work on some odour neutralising sooner rather than later!

Cheers :)

Back
Top Bottom