Dr. Cannabi's - White Fire - Organic Soil - LED - Stealth Grow

@Tamir, I might have been premature with my initial assessment. The flavor has really improved with just a 12 day cure. I might even say it's weirdly addicting . I can absolutely say that it is WAY better than the WiFi I bought at the dispensary. Somehow even at 9 weeks this stuff is coma city . I use edibles mainly and I have a very high tolerance. Two hits off a pipe of the WiFi and I'm seriously impaired. I'm talking drooling on my shirt missed the second half of the game impaired.

I think after a good 30 day cure this will actually taste delicious. I think I've just never tried anything that smelled or taste quite like this and it initially turned me off. After a few intimate sessions with her I can definitely see that there is a chance for true love here. Highly recommended.

JJ

I'm happy to hear it. 30 day cure? Man that's a long time. Not sure how u can hold out that long. Haven't had my first harvest yet, what's the average cure time?

@Pan, I was seriously wrong with my initial experience. I think she's one that really benefits from a good cure . This is really turning out to be something special. That said, if you like an up buzz, stay away from the WiFi, "She's a killer", (in my best Freddie Mercury voice).

BTW, You're screen-less ScrOG is looking very attractive.

JJ

@Tamir, curing is something new to me and I have pretty limited knowledge on the subject. Without getting over my head I can say that Kyle Kushman's recommendation on drying and curing has worked exceptionally well for me. Here's a link to his method. I've learned allot from his tutorials. They are just general enough to let you experiment but still have a very good base of knowledge. He is using strictly Veganics now but the dry and cure should still translate to hydro just fine.

So Like Candy - Medical Marijuana Curing
Published by Kyle Kushman

Curing is a lengthy subject. I believe the art of curing is more difficult to master than growing. I will try to provide an overview. To begin with glass jars are the only way to cure properly. Unfortunately they are clear, so find a spot in a closet or corner of the house that is dark and free from large temperature variances.

Drying must be done properly before curing can begin. If drying is not done properly by quickening, over drying, under drying, or anything else, curing cannot even be attempted. Buds should be dried to a point that may not burn perfectly in a joint. It burns well, but it would have been tastier if the bud had been left out to dry for just a few more hours. That’s all it would take for it to turn crispy. It still has a little spring in it.

Place buds into a glass jar. The jars should be full to the top to expel the majority of air. You need air and some moisture as they allow the aerobic bacteria to come to life. They will consume chlorophyll and make your buds smoke smoother. Less harsh on the throat and tastier on the pallet.

The trick is to leave the proper moisture content in the bud, in relation to it’s particular density. Relative humidity and air temperature when jarring will play a role as well. The presence of air, light, and water are all that’s necessary for these bacteria to spring to life. Leaving just enough water and air to allow the bacteria to feed on the chlorophyll, but not enough to proliferate throughout the jar. When they run out of air, they die. So opening the jar is counterproductive to curing. Although it is necessary to pinpoint whether or not you got it right.

If you don't leave any moisture in the buds there will be no true cure, one that increases potency through a rotation of the THC molecule by slowly removing the water. The best way to learn is to jar a half dozen or more jars of the same size, at the same time. Date the jar, and in a week crack it open.

Catch the first whiff off the jar as you break the suction created by the curing gases. If you smell the slightest whiff of ammonia, you left too much moisture in the buds and this curing attempt is done. Remove all the buds from the jars and dry them out completely. If however when you crack the jar, you smell sweet heavenly ganja, then close it up. Repeat the process in a week to check the progress of your cure. If you’ve kept the jars closed for a full two weeks and the odor is 100% free of any ammonia smell, your probably home free.

I have cured buds for 6 months that came out as fresh and pliable as when they went in. Although 2-3 weeks is enough for a good cure. I don’t fully appreciate the bouquet of most strains after a month of intense curing. You can keep buds sealed and curing for up to 2 years. Although that will take a lot of practice. I once smoked 2 year cured Sweet Tooth buds with Breeder Steve in Switzerland. WOW!

JJ

@Pan, I was seriously wrong with my initial experience. I think she's one that really benefits from a good cure . This is really turning out to be something special. That said, if you like an up buzz, stay away from the WiFi, "She's a killer", (in my best Freddie Mercury voice).

BTW, You're screen-less ScrOG is looking very attractive.

JJ

Thanks JJ, the sativa's are better suited than the indicas.

My last NL grow after two weeks cure smelled like mouldy old socks, not too appealing. But after a month it really started to mellow and now it is really nice, just a hint of skunk. :)

@Tamir, curing is something new to me and I have pretty limited knowledge on the subject. Without getting over my head I can say that Kyle Kushman's recommendation on drying and curing has worked exceptionally well for me. Here's a link to his method. I've learned allot from his tutorials. They are just general enough to let you experiment but still have a very good base of knowledge. He is using strictly Veganics now but the dry and cure should still translate to hydro just fine.

Curing is a lengthy subject. I believe the art of curing is more difficult to master than growing. I will try to provide an overview. To begin with glass jars are the only way to cure properly. Unfortunately they are clear, so find a spot in a closet or corner of the house that is dark and free from large temperature variances.

Drying must be done properly before curing can begin. If drying is not done properly by quickening, over drying, under drying, or anything else, curing cannot even be attempted. Buds should be dried to a point that may not burn perfectly in a joint. It burns well, but it would have been tastier if the bud had been left out to dry for just a few more hours. That’s all it would take for it to turn crispy. It still has a little spring in it.

Place buds into a glass jar. The jars should be full to the top to expel the majority of air. You need air and some moisture as they allow the aerobic bacteria to come to life. They will consume chlorophyll and make your buds smoke smoother. Less harsh on the throat and tastier on the pallet.

The trick is to leave the proper moisture content in the bud, in relation to it’s particular density. Relative humidity and air temperature when jarring will play a role as well. The presence of air, light, and water are all that’s necessary for these bacteria to spring to life. Leaving just enough water and air to allow the bacteria to feed on the chlorophyll, but not enough to proliferate throughout the jar. When they run out of air, they die. So opening the jar is counterproductive to curing. Although it is necessary to pinpoint whether or not you got it right.

If you don't leave any moisture in the buds there will be no true cure, one that increases potency through a rotation of the THC molecule by slowly removing the water. The best way to learn is to jar a half dozen or more jars of the same size, at the same time. Date the jar, and in a week crack it open.

Catch the first whiff off the jar as you break the suction created by the curing gases. If you smell the slightest whiff of ammonia, you left too much moisture in the buds and this curing attempt is done. Remove all the buds from the jars and dry them out completely. If however when you crack the jar, you smell sweet heavenly ganja, then close it up. Repeat the process in a week to check the progress of your cure. If you’ve kept the jars closed for a full two weeks and the odor is 100% free of any ammonia smell, your probably home free.

I have cured buds for 6 months that came out as fresh and pliable as when they went in. Although 2-3 weeks is enough for a good cure. I don’t fully appreciate the bouquet of most strains after a month of intense curing. You can keep buds sealed and curing for up to 2 years. Although that will take a lot of practice. I once smoked 2 year cured Sweet Tooth buds with Breeder Steve in Switzerland. WOW!

JJ

Thanks for the link Doc i'll be sure to print it and add it to my Bud Book. Happy WiFi is turning out to be a memorable experience may select that for my next grow. What seed bank u use?

Thanks for the link Doc i'll be sure to print it and add it to my Bud Book. Happy WiFi is turning out to be a memorable experience may select that for my next grow. What seed bank u use?

I highly recommend it. So far it is the most potent strain I've grown. Narcotic and crippling. There were 2 definite phenos in the 2 seeds I grew. One was very India with huge white buds. I barely fed her anything and she never showed a single sign of deficiency. This one is the crippler, more than 1 hit and its lights out.

The other pheno is much more flavorful and fun to smoke. She's a very typical hybrid and a Very social and laughing hi. Mrs drcannabi and I are really enjoying this one. She started showing signs of deficiency half way through flower. I added a TBS of CalMag per gallon and she seemed to bounce back pretty well. This one was also the bigger producer of the 2. Over do her and you'll be sleeping too. Just not as quick as the other pheno. The WiFi is actually listed at 60% sativa but hits harder than any India I've found yet.

I bought a seven pack of Fems from the attitude. I bought during a monthly promo (got 10 freebies) and paid about 150 shipped stealth to the US. I've searched and can't find any beans currently available on line. They sell out fast. You can go to the attitude and sign up to be notified as soon as they get them back in Stock. Buy them as soon as you find them and shoot me a link if you find them from a other source. I'll buy all I can.

I believe you will see many crosses from other breeders using this strain in the near future. There are already a couple out there.

JJ

I highly recommend it. So far it is the most potent strain I've grown. Narcotic and crippling. There were 2 definite phenos in the 2 seeds I grew. One was very India with huge white buds. I barely fed her anything and she never showed a single sign of deficiency. This one is the crippler, more than 1 hit and its lights out.

The other pheno is much more flavorful and fun to smoke. She's a very typical hybrid and a Very social and laughing hi. Mrs drcannabi and I are really enjoying this one. She started showing signs of deficiency half way through flower. I added a TBS of CalMag per gallon and she seemed to bounce back pretty well. This one was also the bigger producer of the 2. Over do her and you'll be sleeping too. Just not as quick as the other pheno. The WiFi is actually listed at 60% sativa but hits harder than any India I've found yet.

I bought a seven pack of Fems from the attitude. I bought during a monthly promo (got 10 freebies) and paid about 150 shipped stealth to the US. I've searched and can't find any beans currently available on line. They sell out fast. You can go to the attitude and sign up to be notified as soon as they get them back in Stock. Buy them as soon as you find them and shoot me a link if you find them from a other source. I'll buy all I can.

I believe you will see many crosses from other breeders using this strain in the near future. There are already a couple out there.

JJ

Thanks for the heads up in te availability. Now ur gonna have me on a hunt for em. U say u bought 7? Brother man how bout I pay u Tuesday for a bean today? Lol joking. I'll definitely be on the look out for em. But shit $150 for 7? That's over $20 a bean. I guess u gotta pay for good genetics. Lol

Sorry u had to cut em down early. And even sorrier about the smell and taste. What was wet weight?

Hey Tamir,

I'm not sure what the wet weight was. I'm going to post my final weight and initial smoke report here shortly. I stopped doing the wet weight thing after my first grow. It just adds to my anxiety :Namaste: I lost 78% of my weight during the dry and cure so I just stopped doing that ;)

JJ

Thanks for the heads up in te availability. Now ur gonna have me on a hunt for em. U say u bought 7? Brother man how bout I pay u Tuesday for a bean today? Lol joking. I'll definitely be on the look out for em. But shit $150 for 7? That's over $20 a bean. I guess u gotta pay for good genetics. Lol

Hey Tam,

I've found genetics are definitely something you will want to invest in. Not saying expensive = good, but it should narrow the results to something you know you're looking for.

Conversely, I did pay a huge amount of money for a pack of The Hog. I gifted it to my best growing friend on his B-day and he grew out the entire pack looking for a keeper. He was unable to find anything worth keeping. In essence it was a $140 waste of money. So definitely do your research and make sure you're making your decision based on reliable info before dropping that kind of coin. Look for the traits you desire then try to find as many smoke/grow reports as you can. If I'd have done that with the Hog I'd have found out that the Pheno worth keeping is very elusive.

Everything I've grown from seed (bought from a reputable seed bank) has been WAY better (yield, flavor, high) than any cuttings I've bought at the medical dispensaries here. That said, I have very limited experience. I've only grown 4 crops total with 2 crops started from seed, and 2 crops from dispensary cuttings. No one seems to want to part with their best cuts.

That's OK with me. After growing Shiva Skunk and White Fire from seed, most of my old grower acquaintances (some of which are friends) are all of a sudden willing to trade anything the have for cuts of the two strains I just mentioned. I will give cuts away if I can but I don't grow more than 1 or 2 plants at a time so keeping a mother is a PITA!

JJ

Very frosty Dr. Congrats on that harvest! The buds look Sweet !!! I will put this strain on my list.:peace:

Hey G-Daddy great to see you here! I cannot recommend this strain enough. The only real problem with it is that it is too strong. I'm about to post my final numbers and initial smoke report. You'll want to put this strain at the very top (I mean #1) if you're looking to grow OG. I'd never tried it before and I can easily see what the big deal is.

AMAZING Smoke!

JJ

Dr. Cannabi's - White Fire - Final Weight and Initial Smoke Report

Hello community!

I have the final weight and initial smoke report from this last grow. I germed 2 seeds from a 7 pack of OGR WiFi and chopped them at exactly 63-days (9-weeks) of 12/12. There were 2 definite phenos. 1 Very White leaning, and one very Ghost OG leaning. Both are spectacular and serve very specific medical purposes.

OGR White Fire -- Pheno 1 -- The White

Yield: 90 grams (3.2 oz) in 3 sq. ft -- over an ounce per 1 sq. ft.

Smell: Slight lemon but very earthy (almost Bubba Kush earthy with just a hint of sweetness)

Flavor: Very earthy and heavy (but not harsh). It basically tastes like it smells but a little more of the lemon comes through when smoking.

High: Slight creeper. By the time you feel it it's too late. 1 hit quitter! knock out stone that is very narcotic and will leave you groggy even after 10 hours of sleep. Not very enjoyable and extremely overwhelming. With that said, I purchased this strain hoping to find this Pheno. I am using this medicinally for sleep and pain. On a normal day I'll take one toke and hit the bed. I'm asleep in less than 20 minutes. If I'm stressing, in a lot of pain, or just anxious, I take 2 hits with the same results. This isn't something you'd smoke to enhance your day because as I've said, it is very powerful and narcotic.

Growing lessons: Leave her alone. I used a homemade super-soil recipe and watered her with straight H2O from beginning to end. I top dressed with 1 Tbs of Jamaican Bat guano (Bloom) in weeks 3 and 5 of flower. That's it. the plant never showed a single sign of stress or deficiency. this one was very indica leaning finishing around 3.5 ft. tall.

Conclusion: Great sleep agent with no other desirable traits. I'm trying to reveg her right now because this is seriously the most potent narcotic plant I've ever grown. This is even more powerful than the 1/4 I bought at a medical dispensary that made me buy the seeds in the first place. I hope I can bring her back because this is truly something special.

The White:
20140520_134527.jpg
20140520_133520.jpg
20140503_180626.jpg
20140503_162145.jpg
20140503_162115.jpg

OGR White Fire -- Pheno 2 -- Ghost OG

Yield: 120 grams (4.3 oz) in 3 sq. ft -- 1.4+ ounce per 1 sq. ft.

Smell: Lemon, earth, fuel.

Flavor: Lemon Fuel Funk. It tastes like it smells but way more intense. I assume this is the OG trait everyone is raving about. I have to admit when I first tried it I was very disappointed. but with just a 1 week cure it's already addictive. I can't quit thinking about it. I have a smaller jar I'm pulling nugs from. The other 2 jars (49 grams each) will remain sealed for a minimum of 2 months. cant wait to try it then.

High: 1-2 hits Very social and laughing. I wouldn't say it's motivating, just a really nice strong hybrid that seems to be the perfect smoke for me. That said more that 2 hits and I'm stuck on the couch. This is in between Shiva Skunk and WiFi pheno number 1 in terms of potency. If I'm staying at home doing work around the house or lounging with Mrs. DrCannabi, I will smoke this. If I'm going anywhere public, I strongly lean toward the Shiva Skunk. That one will not overwhelm you but this one can.

Growing lessons: Add Cal-Mag starting week 3 12/12 and continue through flower until final flush. I used a homemade super-soil. I top dressed with 1 Tbs of Jamaican Bat guano (Bloom) in weeks 3 and 5 of flower. Starting week three she began yellowing. By the time week 5 rolled around she was looking pretty haggard. I began adding the 1 Tbs cal-Mag per gallon and she really pulled through (4.2+ oz). This one was more hybrid finishing around 4.5 feet tall.

Conclusion: Great daytime strain for chilling with friends or working around the house. Maybe a little too potent for public consumption. I can easily see this becoming my favorite. It might be already. I've shared with friends that are willing to give me anything in their stable for a cut. They nearly cry when I tell them I took no cuts.

20140520_134457.jpg
20140520_134540.jpg
20140520_133740.jpg
20140503_095739.jpg
20140503_084323.jpg
20140503_084400.jpg
20140503_085605.jpg

Overall grow conclusion: I loved it! grows easy and doubled any yield I've had so far. 7.5 oz Dry top shelf buds. another 40 grams of trim and smaller buds. I will grow this again as soon as I try some other genetics. I should have enough WiFi to last me a while. When I run out, I'll crack a couple more beans. The only down side I can see is for first time smokers/patients. It's too potent IMHO. Is that really a downside?

PEACE!
JJ

EDIT: After consulting Mrs. DrCannabi, I have to say that this may be too potent for all but heavy users. She's an everyday medicinal user and she will not smoke this anymore unless she is at home with friends or family. Otherwise she gets overwhelmed. I must admit. I medicated with this alone today for the first time and it took a good 1/2 hour before I was able to settle in to the buzz. Extremely Potent!!!

That's all for now. Can someone tell me how to move this to finished journals?

Thanks,
JJ

Great report and numbers.... I'm happy she turned out to be all that unexpected(plus some). On my next seed purchase i'll be looking for these.

Thanks for sharing your grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

In the future, whenever you complete a journal, please use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post, so we can be alerted to move it for you.

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Could be wrong, but I'm sensing you are a bit of a perfectionist. Takes one to know one. I had a Mag deficiency, which some epsom salts fixed. Mine did not look quite like yours though. Relax (easy to say) and let the ladies grow. Peace.

:Namaste:

Oh, and nice job!! I would love to get my hands on some of that bud.

Thank You OldHippyMan! I'm glad you found this thread. This is some of the best marijuana I've ever had in my entire life. If you ever get a chance to grab seeds or a cut of this one, do it Brother!

I was very lucky to acquire a 7 pack of these OGR white fire seeds and the first 2 I germinated were the 2 in this thread. I just germinated another seed and it is in my current journal.

You are so right about the perfectionist thing. It's a blessing and a curse but I wouldn't change a thing.

:peace:

Thanks guys, this is the only pot I have that I smoke every day. Can't sleep without it. I have obtained a tolerance and it now requires 2 hits to knock me out LOL. ...

Drying must be done properly before curing can begin. If drying is not done properly by quickening, over drying, under drying, or anything else, curing cannot even be attempted. Buds should be dried to a point that may not burn perfectly in a joint. It burns well, but it would have been tastier if the bud had been left out to dry for just a few more hours. That's all it would take for it to turn crispy. It still has a little spring in it.

The trick is to leave the proper moisture content in the bud, in relation to it's particular density. Relative humidity and air temperature when jarring will play a role as well. The presence of air, light, and water are all that's necessary for these bacteria to spring to life. Leaving just enough water and air to allow the bacteria to feed on the chlorophyll, but not enough to proliferate throughout the jar. When they run out of air, they die. So opening the jar is counterproductive to curing. Although it is necessary to pinpoint whether or not you got it right.

Catch the first whiff off the jar as you break the suction created by the curing gases. If you smell the slightest whiff of ammonia, you left too much moisture in the buds and this curing attempt is done. Remove all the buds from the jars and dry them out completely. If however when you crack the jar, you smell sweet heavenly ganja, then close it up. Repeat the process in a week to check the progress of your cure. If you've kept the jars closed for a full two weeks and the odor is 100% free of any ammonia smell, your probably home free.

I have cured buds for 6 months that came out as fresh and pliable as when they went in. Although 2-3 weeks is enough for a good cure. I don't fully appreciate the bouquet of most strains after a month of intense curing. You can keep buds sealed and curing for up to 2 years. Although that will take a lot of practice. I once smoked 2 year cured Sweet Tooth buds with Breeder Steve in Switzerland. WOW!

JJ

I know this is a closed journal, but you caught my eye with the strain! :) Do you mind giving an overview of your curing process?

Back
Top Bottom